InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Prince ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her Prince
 
Chapter 1
 
Prologue
 
Main Characters:
 
Name: Kagome Higurashi
Age: 19
Occupation: currently looking for a job
Status: engaged just not sure to who
 
Name: Inuyasha Toisho
Age: 22
Occupation: President of Tetsuigia Inc.
Status: engaged but doesn't know to who
 
Name: Sango Tayija
Age: 20
Occupation: waitress and is Kagome's best friend and roommate
Status: single
 
Name: Miroku Toisho
Age: 21
Occupation: Inuyasha's right hand man and brother
Status: single
 
**********
Kagome slowly woke up to the sound of her alarm going off. She rolled over and turned it off before burying her head under the pillow trying to go back to sleep.
 
She had almost succeeded when a loud crash sounded as her door was thrown against her wall. Kagome lifted her head and tried to give Sango as much of a glare as she could muster. It didn't work to well.
 
Sango burst out laughing at her friends expression. Kagome was not a morning person. “Kagome get a move on. You have that job interview in an hour.” She said before going to fix breakfast.
 
Kagome's eyes widened as Sango left the room. She had completely forgotten it and now she only had a half hour to get ready. She quickly threw the covers off and ran into her bathroom. Fifteen minutes later she came back quickly drying off her hair.
 
Kagome threw open her closet and started throwing clothes on her bed. She started to sort threw the piles and finally decided on a simple knee-length black business suit with a white blouse and a matching black jacket. It clung to her curves suggestively but was still appropriate for a job interview. She put on some makeup and put on some heels and turned to the mirror to look at her outfit and decided that something was missing.
 
Sango walked down the hall to Kagome's room to see if she was ready yet and saw her friend looking in the mirror frowning. “Kagome what's wrong?”
 
“I don't know. I just don't like this outfit. It feels like something is missing,” she replied in deep thought.
 
Sango took another glance at her outfit before knowing just what she needed. She rushed towards her room and went digging through her drawers. She found quickly and ran back to Kagome's room.
 
“Here,” Sango said breathlessly handing to Kagome the small pink rose pin that had been given to her by her first and only boyfriend. Kagome saw what it was and gasped. The pin was everything to Sango. It had been given to her by the only guy that had ever shown any interest in her. She had treasured it ever since.
 
Kagome slowly reached for it and shakily pinned it to her jackets breastpocket. She couldn't help but be touched that Sango trusted her with her most prized possession. She rarely got the pin out of its hiding place afraid that it would get lost or broken. Kagome then turned around and hugged Sango while glancing at the clock and saw that it read 8:35.
 
Quickly letting go of Sango Kagome ran to the kitchen grabbing a piece of toast that Sango had cooked and grabbed her car keys on the table before heading out the door. She had twenty minutes to get to her job interview at Tetsuigia Inc. and she might just be able to make it.
Sango watched Kagome run out the door and sighed happily praying that Kagome would get the job as she started to get ready for work.