InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Prince ❯ Meet Miroku ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her Prince
 
By alilangel
 
Chapter 2
 
Meet Miroku
 
Kagome ran outside and quickly got in her 1996 Honda civic. It wasn't much but it still worked and that's all that she cared about right now. She has some money saved for a new car and planned on buying a new one once she got a job. Speaking of job she glanced at the clock and almost had a heart attack. The clock read 8:50.
 
She started her car and took off speeding down the road. She knew she could make it in ten minutes she just might have to break the speed of sound to do it. Quickly turning onto the freeway she started zigzagging through traffic trying to beat the morning rush. It seemed that everyone else was also running late.
 
A few minutes and some near accidents later Kagome pulled into the parking lot of Tetsuigia Inc. She got out of the car straightening her skirt and jacket and glanced at her watch. `8:58 made it,' she thought smugly. She slowly made her way to the elevators going over everything that she thought that they would ask her in the interview. She hit the up button waiting for the elevator.
 
The doors opened and she looked inside seeing a dark-haired man with violet eyes screaming into a cell phone.
 
**********
 
“Inuyasha get your ass over here! You have too much to do today!” Miroku Houshi screamed into the cell phone. He listened for a moment before taking a deep breath and continuing. “I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! YOU GET OVER HERE THIS INSTANT! I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS INTERVIEW!” with that he slammed the phone shut and looked at the woman who had joined him in the elevator.
 
She had black almost blue waist length hair that was curled slightly at the bottom and some curls around her face. She looked to be about 19 or 20 and had dark blue eyes. Miroku quickly felt his hands starting to inch when he noticed the suit and how it clung to her backside and thighs. Quickly glancing at her out of the corner of his eye to see if she was paying attention, he let out a small sigh of relief when she just stared straight ahead looking deep in thought.
 
Deciding to risk it he started to move his hand toward her ass. Completely lost in his actions he jumped when a voice suddenly spoke. “I wouldn't do that if I were you.”
 
************
Kagome had been deep in thought. She had overheard the man's conversation and had started to wonder why he was mad if his friend was late. Kagome had always had a weird habit of listening to people's conversation and then starting to think of there lives and wondering why they acted or said they things they said. She never knew why she did it, she guessed just to pass the time.
 
After the man had shut the cell phone off she had felt his eyes going over her figure. She cracked a smile at that. Her smile went even wider when she saw his hand moving toward her butt. “I wouldn't do that if I were you,” she said quietly.
 
Miroku glanced up at the car and saw her smiling at him. He smiled softly back and quickly moved his hand away from her butt. “But you see I always know how to make a lady feel good. I'm Miroku Houshi.”
 
“I have no doubt about that, but I'm not interested and I'm Kagome Higurashi.” Kagome said moving out of his reach. Miroku smiled at this thinking that she was flirting. He was about to retort when he saw the pink rose pin.
 
“Where did you get that?” he asked pointing to the pin. Kagome glanced at the pin looked at his face and went into shock. His eyes had turned into a dark shade of purple and his face was a mask of anger.
 
“It belongs to my friend and she let me borrow it for a job interview that I have. Her first boyfriend gave it to her and she has never gotten rid of it.” Miroku looked at Kagome in shock. Could it be?
 
Kagome was watching the display of emotions cross his face, disbelief, anger and then hope when she noticed that the elevator had stopped at her floor. Quickly excusing herself she walked down the hall toward the office of Inuyasha Taisho.
 
Miroku watched her leave and noticed that she was heading towards Inuyasha's office. He was going to be in for a surprise. As the elevator doors closed Miroku pulled out his phone and dialed Shippo's number. “Hey Shippo I need you to do me a favor. Get all the information that you can on a girl named Sango Tayija. Thanks kid.” He muttered hanging up.
 
Miroku then dialed Inuyasha's number. It rang for a moment and then a voice answered. “Hello?”
 
“Hey listen I just met this girl and she is the perfect secretary for you.” At this Inuyasha just rolled his eyes. Probably some girl with a big chest and some skimpy skirt.
 
“Miroku I just pulled up and am on my way to interview a most worthy candidate. She actually has class and good working skills. So I don't need your help in this.” Miroku smiled at this.
 
“Oh? And what is this `worthy candidates' name?”
 
“Kagome Higurashi.” Inuyasha replied angrily. He knew Miroku and now was probably going to want to come along and meet her.
 
“Alright then. Forget that I said anything at all.” Miroku finished and hung up. Inuyasha stared at the cell phone in shock. Miroku not trying to talk him out of a choice? This day sure started out interesting' he thought heading towards his office.
 
A/N
 
Marijang69 and LightandDarkness4ever thank you for the reviews! And to all my other readers hope you enjoy so far. I know the two chapters were kinda short and boring but it will get better. They needed to be put in for later in the story. Hope you enjoy so far! ~alilangel