InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ The Mysterious Invitation ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here is another chapter of Hidden Affection! After not much delay at all. Guess I'm catching up on my chapters. This and Fragment of Life II are the only fanfics I'm working on for Inuyasha. There are two more fanfics coming up! One of them is called My Fate, and the other is Critical Decisions. Please feel free to check out some of my other works.
I also have a fanfic for Sailor Moon that I'm working on called Forgotten Promises. There is one for Mario Bros. called It's Up To Me! Just if you're interested.
Well, here is chapter 17 of Hidden Affections!
Read, review and enjoy!
Hidden Affections
Chapter 17: The Mysterious Invitation
After his cunning, or rather not so cunning escape from Kagome's house, Inuyasha ran to his own residence. He climbed through his own window, falling on the ground with a thud. The black haired man walked through his house and into the kitchen where Sesshoumaru, his older brother resided.
Sesshoumaru looked at his older brother.
“Where have you been?” He asked.
“Eh, why do you care?” Inuyasha asked with a look of annoyance. He and Sesshoumaru never got along that well, and they seemed to be constantly arguing. Inuyasha had no choice but to stick it out, since his parents were away on a business trip.
“I never said it was of my concern.“ The older brother retorted unemotionally back. “However, you did make yourself seem quite guilty of something when you don't use the proper entryway.”
Sesshoumaru shuffled through some parchment lying on the dining room table.
“Oh can it!”
“This came for you.” The elder white haired man handed the envelope to his younger brother.
Inuyasha snatched it away and looked at the letter. “Eh?”
Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow in response.
“Where'd you get this?” Inuyasha asked.
“From the mailbox.” Sesshoumaru replied simply.
Inuyasha narrowed his eyes at that simple response. He could find the hidden sarcasm in that remark and he didn't appreciate it.
“It's from my old school…” The black haired man looked at the letter. He slowly opened it to see what was inside while Sesshoumaru sat on the couch and looked through the other mail, sifting through junk mail to get to his own letters.
Inuyasha pulled apart the letter and read it. It was an invitation to a dance.
But why him? He moved, he shouldn't be getting mail from that school anymore.
The letter read that the dance will be held at the end of next week, and that Inuyasha was to bring some friends. Usually, Inuyasha wasn't into fancy dances where you had to wear stiff tuxedoes and women had to wear frilly ball gowns, but he thought that Kagome might like something like that or found it romantic that he'd invite her there.
Kikyou used to like going to school dances with him…
He wondered if she would be there…
The next day at school, it was another boring day. The only thing that happened that was remotely humorous was some kid teasing Jakotsu and running around the room while Jakotsu gave chase. His friend, Bankotsu just laughed so hard that he nearly fell out of his chair. Soon, the teacher came in and both of them got detention after school. The effeminate man tried to protest, saying that it wasn't his fault and the other child had started the fight, but he lost in that attempt and was sent to detention anyway.
Bankotsu tried to comfort his friend about his sexuality and told him that the other kid was just a naive and close minded individual who didn't understand nor want to. Nozomi sat there, tapping her pencil on her desk in irritation, waiting for the bell to ring, though class had just started. Kagome's other friend leaned back in her chair lazily and stared at the ceiling.
Sango sat in her desk patiently, with her hands on either side of her face.
“Bored?” A deep voice intoned from beside her.
It was Miroku.
“Yeah, now that Jakotsu got in trouble, I'm going to have to wait even longer for class to start.” Sango sighed.
“Kagome sure seems content.” Miroku remarked, looking in the school girl's direction.
“I wonder what's up with her.” Sango wondered.
At lunch, Inuyasha walked over to Kagome with the invitation in his hands.
“Hey Kagome.” He greeted.
“Oh, hi Inuyasha.” Kagome smiled her usual sweet smile.
“Someone's a bit too happy to see each other.” Miroku remarked, and slumped in the wooden bench beside of Sango, staring at the sky.
“Did I miss something?” Sango asked herself quietly.
“Can I talk to you in private?” Inuyasha asked, looking at Miroku, Sango, Nozomi and the rest of her friends, who seemed to be staring at him with odd expressions.
“Sure.” Kagome sweat dropped.
“I wonder what they want to do…in private.” Miroku asked coyly, looking over in the direction the two headed.
“Oh can it, Miroku.” Nozomi replied. “Do you always have to be so perverted? They're just going to talk, good Kami!”
Sango sighed, but couldn't help to wonder what the two were doing.
Inuyasha and Kagome walked a good distance from the others. As soon as he thought they were out of earshot, Inuyasha turned and looked at Kagome.
“So, what was so important that you had to bring me all the way out here for?” Kagome asked.
“I got an invitation to go to a dance at my old school. I wanted to know if maybe you'd like to go with me.“ He asked.
“To go with you?” Kagome blinked. “You don't seem like the type who'd even want to go to that type of thing.”
“If I didn't want to go, I wouldn't invite you, would I?” The black haired man retorted.
“Fine, fine! I'll go. You don't have to whine about it.”
“HEY! I'm not whinin'!” The black haired man yelled.
“Look, I've got better things to do then listen to you rant and complain!” Kagome retorted with her hands on her hips. “I don't even know why you brought me here in the first place.”
“It's not like they know we're together.”
Kagome froze.
That's right!
They didn't know that she and Inuyasha were together. She never told any of her friends, but she would soon have to…The only question was, how would she break it to them?
Well, that was the end of that chapter. I'm glad to see that people are still reviewing. I'll have another chapter coming soon. There are so many fanfics that I've written for and so many updates that need to be made. I have 8 fics in total and two are Inuyasha fics. I haven't updated the other two to the point of completion, but they'll get there.
Technically I'm working on this fic and a fic that isn't posted yet.
Anyway, review and tell me what you think. I'd love to hear your ideas as well! Sorry for the lack of updates, but since I've got something to work off of, I'll be a lot more speedy on updates!
R&R
 
Top of Form