InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Revealing The Truth ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here it is everyone, it's the fight, and just in time isn't it? This is where a little plot twist comes into play, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, even though it's probably not exactly what you bargained for.
Well, here I am with another chapter of Hidden Affection! I'm on a roll now! Well, I've completed three fanfics, so this is the only Inuyasha one that I work on besides Fragment of Life II. Anyway, I'm here with another update! Hard to believe that I'm almost on chapter 20! This fic has done so well! I'm glad to have so many supporting fans on my side. Thanks for all who have reviewed and thanks to my new beta reader Notoes! Couldn't do it without your constant corrections!
Sorry for the wait, I was finishing up a Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic.
Anyway, here is chapter 18 of Hidden Affection! I hope you enjoy as always and give me a nice review!
Hidden Affection
Chapter 18: Revealing the Truth
Kagome needed to tell her friends that she and Inuyasha were together.
The only question was how.
She always knew that Miroku would be his usual self about it, cracking the perverse joke here and there, but she didn't know how Sango or Nozomi would act. More time when by and classes faded in and out of the day, and later, Kagome found herself home at the old shrine once again, but still in her own predicament. How would they react? What would they say? Would they approve or disapprove? What if they did?
The raven haired schoolgirl arrived home to her mother cooking, ji-chan at the table, reading the paper and Souta was in the living room, playing video games.
“Hi mom!” Kagome happily walked up and gave her mom a hug and a kiss.
“Why hello Kagome.” Her mother cheerfully replied. “How was your day?”
“It was the same old. You know how school is.” The girl happily replied.
` Well, it's now or never. I've got to tell her. No holding it back anymore.'
“Mom, do you have a minute? “Kagome asked.
“Sure Kagome, what is it?” Mrs. Higurashi turned around from her pot of steaming water.
Kagome took a deep breath and steadied herself for any hint of an unsure or negative reaction from her mother.
“I have a boyfriend.” Kagome finally spat out.
“Well, do ya now?” ji-chan replied, looking about from his newspaper at Kagome.
“Well who's the lucky guy, Kagome?” Her mother asked, holding the spatula towards the ground.
“It's Inuyasha.” Kagome blushed.
“I knew it.” A young male voice replied.
“Souta!”
“Oops…Sorry…” Souta rubbed the back of his head.
“You were spying!” Kagome retorted angrily.
“I didn't mean to! I was gonna ask mom when dinner was going to be ready.” Souta wore a look of guilt.
“Souta dear, dinner will be ready in half an hour, ok?”
“Ok, mom.” Souta returned into the living room to finish up his video game.
“Inuyasha eh?” Ji-chan replied. “Wasn't that they guy who tore down that trellis by your window.
`Inuyasha…You always have to bungle things around here, don't you?' Kagome's mind berated him.
“Unfortunately.” Kagome muttered. “He was trying to show off or something and it fell.”
She knew she had to make up an excuse for Inuyasha's `blunder' so they wouldn't get caught in the act in her bedroom.
“Well, I'd like you to take him here for dinner to get to know him a little better. I think we may have had just a bit of a bad first impression.” Her mother replied, stirring their dinner.
“Well, actually…” Kagome trailed before asking. “I was wanting to know if I could go to a school dance with him. “
“What kind of dance?” Her grandfather asked.
“It's a formal dance and it's at the end of the week.” She informed.
“Sure you can go.” Her mother replied. “I'll have to take you to get a dress.”
“Thanks mom!” The black haired girl hugged her mother tightly.
` Well, that was easy. One down so far!'
After a good meal and a few hours of homework, Kagome had a phone call from two of her friends: Yukina and Nozomi.
“Moshi moshi, is Higurashi Kagome there?” Yukina's happy voice rang over the receiver.
“Yeah, this is Kagome. What's up?”
“Did you hear?” Yukina asked. “There's going to be a baseball game Saturday. Nozomi and I just wanted to know if you were going to come and hang out with us. We were talking about going to the mall afterwards. You know, we could go buy some clothes and meet some cute guys. So, what about it?”
“Sorry, I can't.” The black haired girl replied.
“Awww…Why not?” Yukina asked.
“I thought you were always up to go shopping, Kagome-chan?” Nozomi asked, wondering why the raven haired teen was not up to going and sensing something strange for her unusual behavior.
“Um….”
Kagome paused and all her two friends could hear on the other end of the phone was a dead silence for about two minutes.
“I have to go out of town.” Kagome replied.
`That ought to do it!'
“Wow, that's really a shame, Kagome. I so wish you could come.” Yukina whined.
“Yeah, I do too, Yukina-chan.” Kagome sighed.
Nozomi remained silent.
`Something's up with Kagome. I thought she said that she didn't have anything to do the other day, and now all of a sudden she has to go out of town. . . Usually parents would warn you about that sort of thing. She could have just found out, but I doubt it. `
“Nozomi? You there?”
“Hai.” Nozomi replied upon hearing her name uttered for the 3rd time. “Sorry, the television distracted me for a while.”
` I'm going to find out what's up with you, Kagome-chan.'
Nozomi sat there, silent for the remainder of the phone conversation, until her mother called her to get off.
“I have to go.” Nozomi replied. “See you all at school tomorrow.”
“Bye Nozomi-chan!” Came the vibrant reply of Yukina.
“Sayonara.”
“Sayonara you two.”
And with that, the phone hung up.
Nozomi walked into her shower and let the warm water refresh her sweaty body. The brown haired girl stood in the shower, giving herself a self hug as she stood there. Her deep brown eyes closed in relaxation.
`Maybe I'm just flipping out…'
`………'
`I guess I'll see how Kagome acts tomorrow, and if she acts like she did on the phone, I'm going to definitely question her about it.'
That's the end of chapter 18. Just thought I'd get a little more into Nozomi's character. There was a request about someone particularly being fond of her. I could go into Yukina's character as well, but I've gotten no requests. Kagome still has 5 people to tell,, and that will be in the next chapter.
For now, please feel free to R&R my little fanfic. I can't believe I got over 400 reviews for this. Anyway tell me what you think, no matter how small the review!