InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Kagome Tells All! ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, chapter 19 already? Wow, this fic has been getting long, and I do believe it will be going past 20 chapters, it might even be 30, since it’s really not ending anytime soon. As always, thanks to all of my readers, without you, this fanfic wouldn’t be the hit that it is!

Anyway, without further a due, here is chapter 19 of Hidden Affections

Hidden Affection

Chapter 19: Kagome Tells All!

The next day at school, Nozomi and Yukina walked up to Kagome as normal.

“Gee, it’s too bad you can’t go with us to the game.” Yukina replied.

“I know…Sorry.” Kagome replied to the two.

“Huh?” Miroku quirked an eyebrow. “I thought your weekend was free, at least, that’s what I’ve heard you say.”

“Well, you know how plans can get spoiled.” The schoolgirl waved a hand in the lecherous boy’s direction and wore a classic sweat drop of nervousness.

“Ok, what’s your deal, Kagome?” Nozomi asked, slamming her books on the bench, causing the sleeping Sango on the bench to jump up with a surprised yelp.

She looked around and took in her surroundings to find a very irritated Nozomi. The pony-tailed girl put her hand to her chest. “Nozomi?”

“Hi Sango.”

“What’s wrong?” Sango asked, still holding her chest.

“Kagome’s been hiding something from us, ever since yesterday.” The brown haired teen pointed to her. “So tell us!”

“What are you talking about, Nozomi?” Yukina replied, putting her hand on her hip.

“She’s been acting strange and she won’t go to the mall with us when she’s been bragging about having a free weekend.”

“Well things happen, Nozomi.” Miroku replied. “I’m sure that whatever it was was unexpected.”

“Who’s side are you on, anyway?” The brown haired girl retorted.

“Kagome,” Sango asked. “Are you hiding something from us?”

“Um…” Was Kagome’s response.

After a few moments of doing nothing but listen to Kagome’s silence, Inuyasha walked up to the silent group.

“What the hell is wrong with you people? Usually you’re all talkin’ up a storm and I can’t get you to shut up, so why all of a sudden are ya quiet?” Inuyasha asked.

“Kagome’s hiding something from us.” Nozomi retorted, tapping her foot on the ground.

RIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGG!

“Well, what do you know, the bell rang.” Kagome replied. “Got to get to class you know.”

With that, she took off.

“Well, she sure seems happy about going somewhere.” Yukina spoke.

Everyone glared at her.

“What?” The blonde asked.

Everyone sweat dropped.

The four walked down the hall, while Inuyasha walked ahead of them, confused about Nozomi’s last sentence.

“Kagome’s hiding something from us.”

The sentence echoed through his head, repeating itself over a million times it seemed.

‘Is she hiding something from them, or just me.’ He thought. ‘Or maybe she just didn’t tell them about us yet. . . Yeah, that’s gotta be it. There’s nothin’ else she could hide.’

‘ I will find out what you’re hiding, Higurashi Kagome.’ Nozomi thought as she took her seat.

Classes went on as usual, with no interruptions, due to the fact that Jakotsu was still in detention, and thankfully so for Inuyasha. He was starting to get erked by the weird stares he was receiving from the young effeminate man.

‘Keh, I’m glad that perverted bastard isn’t around here today. I can’t take another one of his shoes goin’ into my ass.’ Inuyasha thought to himself.

After classes, Kagome walked past the others, until someone caught the sleeve of her fuku.

‘Oh no..’ Kagome’s eyes widened. ‘I might as well tell them, whether it gets me yelled at or not.’

“Well, I’mgoingoutwithInuyasha!” She blurted out as if it were one word.

Miroku blinked twice. “Could you say that slower?”

“You’re what?” Nozomi asked.

“Oh, that’s nice. “ Came Yukina’s usual reply.

“Inuyasha?” Sango put a finger to her lips in thought.

Nozomi glared at Yukina.

“Whaaat?”

The brown haired girl just shook her head in response.

“So you’re in love with Inuyasha?” Nozomi remarked. “Don’t know why, but ok? “

“Aww…You two are so cute together.” The blonde replied.

“I knew there was always some sort of chemistry between you two.” Miroku replied.

“And how would you know?” Sango shot him a glare.

“Yeah, who made you the writer on the book of love?” Nozomi asked further.

“Trust me, I know these things.”

“I’m so happy for you.” Yukina replied, holding Kagome’s hand. “Congrats!”

“Um…” Kagome blushed. “Thanks, Yukina.”

“So, is that why you can’t go to the mall with us? Because you have a date?” Nozomi walked over to Kagome.

“Well…Something like that.”

“Why couldn’t you just tell us, we’d understand.” Yukina smiled as the blonde with pigtails on either side of her head began to pat Kagome’s hand soothingly.

Nozomi just sighed. “We can always go next weekend, if you’re not busy.”

“Yep yep!” Yukina nodded with each ‘yep’ uttered.

“You guys aren’t mad or disgusted, or something like that?” Kagome asked.

“Why should we be?” Sango replied. “You’re our friend, and so is Inuyasha.”

“Yeah, we support you in anything you do!” Yukina winked.

“But if he starts getting perverted, just smack him around a bit.” Nozomi said, as Miroku shrank his wandering hand back.

“Just remember, we support you in anything you DO!” Sango yelped as her bum was being nudged with a warm hand.

A hand that was Miroku’s.

A look of agitation crossed Sango’s face, and her eyebrow twitched.

SMACK!

Miroku’s face was now plastered with a silhouette of Sango’s hand on his right cheek.

“I guess some people need visuals.” Came the ever so calm, yet perverse reply.

“I guess they do.” Sango bit back her anger.

Nozomi sighed.

“He never learns, does he?” Yukina asked, blinking and turning her head to see Miroku.

“I guess you just can’t change some people.” Kagome replied.

Inuyasha made a face of frustration at the two. After all, Inuyasha was Inuyasha and romantic encounters of any kind made him turn his head away.

Yeah it was a funny way to end the chapter, or at least I thought it was a funny way to end the chapter. Well, please R&R. I ran half a page over for your enjoyment. I know this chapter will seem short for all of the dialogue that is used within it.

Anyway, please R&R and tell me what you think.