InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Kagome's New Dress ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh my, oh my I’m on chapter 20 already! I’m still steadily updating on this, though I should be updating Fragment of Life II, since I just started it, but I’m out of ideas on how to start it, exactly.

I’ve been steadily updating fanfics and this one is one of the ones that I update often. So far, I’ve finished 3 fanfics, Raiden no Ai, Puppy Love, When I’m Apart From You.

I have 6 fanfics that I am currently working on. This one is the first one that I update! Of course, I have two fanfics on hiatus while I think of more ideas for them.

Anyway, this is chapter 20 of Hidden Affections.

Hidden Affections

Chapter 20: Kagome’s New Dress

After a week of the usual antics at school, Kagome and Inuyasha were about to find themselves in the car, on their way to the mall, where they would soon be picking out some fancy attire for the upcoming dance.

Kagome sat in the car, watching the many houses and people whiz by at a generous pace. Inuyasha sat across from her, seeming unamused as he rested his elbow on the door and looked the other way. Sesshoumaru drove in complete silence for what seemed to be hours.

‘When the hell are we gonna get there anyway?’ Inuyasha thought.

‘How far is this mall anyway?’ Kagome thought. ‘The mall that Yukina, Nozomi, Sango and I go to isn’t even this far away.’

They rode in silence, only their thoughts keeping them company.

As the two watched out of their windows, watching objects and people fly by at light speed, and they were just about to drift off to sleep, when the car suddenly pulled into a convenient stop.

The both of them snapped awake.

“We’re here.” They both said in unison, wiping their eyes.

The raven haired girl could hear the car door opening and shutting, and then she could see part of a figure standing beside of the front door, dressed in a black suit.

She heard Inuyasha’s door open, then she opened her own door and stepped out to see Sesshoumaru standing at attention as the two walked around the car.

“Come.” Sesshoumaru said simply as the two followed in suit.

Once inside of the mall, the two stood in front of the mall’s map. The white haired older man turned to face the pair.

“I’m going to pick up some supplies. We are to meet here once you’ve completed your activities.” The white haired man said simply before turning and leaving.

The two stood there.

“So,” Kagome replied. “What kind of theme does this dance have?”

“Theme?” Inuyasha looked confused.

“You know, theme. “ She looked thoughtful for a moment. “Like formal, casual, fairytale…?”

“Let me see.” The black haired boy dug around in his blue jeans and pulled out the piece of paper. “It says “Old English themed”

“Oh, like the fancy dresses that English maidens wore back in the medieval times?”

The boy simply shrugged.

“Now, where am I going to find a dress that even looks remotely like that?” Kagome wondered.

“Well, there’s a costume shop in the mall somewhere.” Inuyasha noted the obvious. “Let’s look for it on the mall map.”

“Ok.”

The two teens looked all over the map, Kagome finally finding the store and the two of them started talking about what routes to take and how long it would take them to get there.

The two walked down the rows of bustling people.

“Wow, there are so many people at the mall today.” Kagome noted.

“I wonder if they’re all shopping for the same thing we are.” Inuyasha spoke his thoughts aloud.

They went to a bunch of the costume stores, to see which ones had Old English costumes.

Finally they found the costumes they were looking for, went over to check them out. They got over there the costumes. Kagome was looking at the dresses; Inuyasha at the men’s outfits.

From the other side of the isle, brown eyes looked in Inuyasha’s direction. It was his old friend Kikyou. She held up a pale blue dress to her chest.

‘He’s here, but who’s that with him?’ She thought to herself, trying to peer through the clothes to get a better sight of Kagome.

“Kikyou.” A deep voice came from behind a costume. “What are you looking at?”

“Nothing, Naraku…Nothing at all.” Kikyou turned to Naraku.

“Do you have the dress that you want?” The wavy haired man asked.

“Of course. Let’s go.” Kikyou replied, glaring in the two’s direction.

Then with that, the two walked away and blended into the groups of people walking around in the mall.

Back in the other department, the two were trying on clothing for the upcoming dance at his old school. Waiting outside the door holding the dress she’d selected was his girlfriend Kagome.

“Come on, Inuyasha. We don’t have all day…”

“Grr!” Was the only reply.

Looking over, the young girl noticed a familiar face and offered a wave in her direction.

“Hello there. Shopping for the dance this week?” The black-haired woman asking walking over to where the girl stood.

“Oh, hello Miss Fuujuumi. Yeah,” She rubbed the back of her head, “We’re running a bit behind on getting our outfits so we’re having trouble with the limited selection left.”

“I figured as much. Classes this week should be a bit hectic with all the pre-dance activities at other schools, being as some of our students were invited to go this week. I hope no one forgets their essays are due on Thursday.”

Smiling warmly at the teacher, Kagome nodded, “I’ll have to make sure Inuyasha didn’t forget to finish his.”

“Kagome?” The young man they were just speaking of questioned, coming out of the dressing room attired in his old English dress.

“Ah, there he is. Good morning Inuyasha. That looks quite nice on you.”

He frowned lightly and hid a “keh” under his breath.

“I’m certain Kagome and you will be one of the most attractive couples at the dance. Well I’d best be going you two. Don’t forget those essays.”

“Goodbye, Miss Fuujuumi.”

Inuyasha frowned, looking down at the ground.

“What? Did you forget about the essay….?” Kagome questioned on seeing his expression.

“No.”

“Then what is it?”

“Kagome. This looks stupid.”

“No, it looks nice.”

“It’s stupid.”

“I said it looks nice, so you’re getting it.” She retorted, getting agitated.

“I’m not getting something that looks stupid!”

“It matches my dress- are you saying my dress is stupid?”

“It’s all stupid.”

“Inuyasha.” The black-haired girl fumed as she leveled him with a deadly glare.

“Keh!”

“Fine, I‘ll go speak to Sesshoumaru.” She began to stalk in the opposite direction, leaving the black-haired boy wide-eyed and scrambling after her.

“I just don’t like clothes like this. You know…uh…keh…it’s just annoying. Not…not you and stuff…” He mumbled.

Kagome paused then, talking a deep breath, “So- you like the clothes I picked out?”

“Well err….”

Sango and Miroku had been walking through the mall, at first they were on their own, then they found each other, and they had been traveling together for quite sometime and walking in the direction of Inuyasha and Kagome.

On getting closer, Sango spotted the two and noted Kagome and Inuyasha in the clothing he was trying on.

“Oh, that’s quite handsome on you, Inuyasha. You going with Kagome?”

Looking to the side and frowning, he muttered, “Yeah, I am.”

Satisfied that the matter had been resolved, Kagome quickly pushed him back towards the fitting room.

“Okay then, get changed so you can get home and start on your essay…”

“Why do I have do it now? It’s not due ‘til Thursday…”

“Because every time you wait until the last minute I end up having to stay up all night trying to make sure you did it right.”

Sango shook her head, Miroku just blinked.

“They fight like a married couple already…” The perverted one remarked.

Smile brightening, Sango replied, “I see you noticed too.”

That’s chapter 20! Wow, 20 chapters already!! It’s hard to believe this story is such a hit! Oh, and for the record, I ran two pages over! So I hope you enjoyed that long read. Anyway, the next chapter is coming around the corner soon!