InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Dance Night! ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here I am with another chapter, I’ve been taking Vocational classes and next year I go to college, so wish me luck! I know I’ve been pretty much steady with updates on this fic and it’s nice to see that people are still reading it despite school!

This fanfic is coming along nicely.

Remember to leave kind reviews!

Now, here’s chapter 21 of Hidden Affection!

………..

Hidden Affection

Chapter 21: Dance Night!

………..

Before the dance, everyone was putting up the decorations. The dance floor was made into a medieval theme in a matter of hours. The decorating committee had the entire place decked out with the best themed dance that they had in a long time.

Everything was ready.

Dance night finally came for the students, and Inuyasha and Kagome arrived in their Old English dress. The dance hall they were in was very elaborately done and nicely put together. It had a huge dance room and tons of punch and things to eat.

For a while, the two just stood and talked to each other, quaintly sipping punch.

“Wow, this is nice.” Kagome smiled.

“Yeah, I didn’t think it’d be this fancy. The funding for the school’s activities must’ve been up this year.”

“So, do you recognize any old friends from your other school?” The raven haired woman in front of him asked.

Inuyasha looked around at all of the students in the dance hall and shook his head in the negative. He hadn’t seen anyone he recognized.

Time went on and they danced to a few fast songs, and then to a few slow ones. Inuyasha, despite his rough mood, was a very romantic dancer.

As the two danced on the dance floor, swaying slowly to the relaxed beat of the song, cold eyes were watching from behind a fan. The cold eyes belonging to a dark haired woman in a light blue dress.

It was Kikyou.

‘Who is that woman he’s dancing with?’ She thought to herself.

Then she let out a coy smile. ‘Looks like I’ll have to go and see.’

The long haired woman walked on to the dance floor.

Kagome and Inuyasha were dancing close. Her head was rested romantically on his shoulder, and their hands were clasped together as they slowly swayed with the rhythm and waltzed around the dance floor.

Inuyasha opened his eyes, his expression soft as he looked as the girl below him and smiled calmly.

‘Kagome.’

Kagome sighed a dreamy sigh to herself.

‘Inuyasha…”

“Well, it’s nice to see that someone is having a good time.” A sly feminine voice intoned over the couple’s happy thoughts.

“Huh?” The black haired boy was slowly brought out of his haze, as he slowly looked over his shoulder to see the blue-clad woman fanning herself with her blue laced fan.

“May I cut in?” She smirked behind the fan.

“Kikyou…” Inuyasha let out the word in almost a whisper.

Kagome slowly lifted her head to see Inuyasha and Kikyou looking at each other. She looked a bit dumbfounded.

“You two know each other?” She asked.

“Know each other?” Kikyou asked. “We’ve been friends for a long time. Haven’t we, Inuyasha?”

“Kikyou I - - “Was the only words he could muster before he was drug away from Kagome and over to the other side of the dance floor.

‘I guess I should let them dance together for a while. I mean, after all, they haven’t seen each other in years.’ The lone girl coincided with her thoughts.

‘I’ll just go and have some punch.’

Kagome walked over to the punch table and dipped out some punch from the elaborate dish display on the table, and marveled at the beauty of the rose designs and miniature waterfall on the piece.

She turned around and watched the couples dance on the dance floor. The black haired girl took a sip as she watched Inuyasha and Kikyou dance around the floor, waltzing romantically about.

‘They look like they’re having a good time.’ She thought.

Kikyou and Inuyasha danced a long time, as Kagome stood there, feeling bit left out.

“Who is that girl?” Kikyou asked, while dancing with Inuyasha.

“She’s…Well…” The black haired boy stammered.

Brown eyes narrowed.

“She’s a friend from my new school.”

“Oh, is she?” Kikyou glanced over at Kagome. ‘Don’t try to fool me, Inuyasha. You were dancing too intimately for that.’

Kagome looked down at her punch cup, which was now empty.

‘Maybe this was all a mistake. Maybe I shouldn’t have come.’

“Hey, Kagome.”

“Huh?” She looked up to see Inuyasha back, holding her hand.

“So, what’cha lookin’ so lonely for? Don’t tell me you’re bored already.” The obnoxious boy huffed.

“It’s your dance.” Kagome replied. “Besides, I can’t dance with you when you’re dancing with someone else.”

“We had some catching up to do.”

“So, want to dance?” Kagome beamed.

“Not right now, I just want to get something to eat.” The black haired boy replied, rubbing his stomach in hunger.

“All right.” The Old English-clad girl agreed.

At their own dance, Miroku and Sango sat at the table, sipping punch and talking to each other.

“What do you think Kagome’s doing right now?” Sango asked.

“Well, with Inuyasha you can never be too sure.” The man wore a sly smile.

“What was that, lecher?” Sango looked irritated.

The short haired man sweat dropped. “No, nothing like that! I was simply stating that sometimes he can be quite rude.”

“I hope she’s having a good time.” Sango took a sip of her punch.

“Are you having a good time here?” Miroku asked.

“Oh, I’m having a great time. Thanks for inviting me.” She smiled.

‘She has such a beautiful smile.’ The “lecher” thought to himself.

“Sango.” He said after a long moment of silence.

“Yes, Miroku?” She questioned.

“How long has it been since we’ve known each other?”

Sango looked a bit confused by that question. “You mean you forgot? It’s been 5 years.”

“Can I ask you a serious question?” He asked as he gazed into her eyes.

“You just did.” She joked at his serious tone.

Miroku’s face hit the table top at light speed.

“Seriously…”

“All right, all right.” The young girl laughed.

“Sango, “Miroku got on one knee in front of her and held her hand. “Would you take the honor of being my girlfriend?”

“Miroku.” Sango blushed a bright red. “Of course I will.”

“You…Will?” The young man looked confused.

“Of course I will.” She held his hand back. “What made you think I wouldn’t be?”

“Never mind it.” He arose and kissed her on the forehead. “All that matters is that I have you now.”

TBC

Well, that’s the end of 21! Incubus103 wanted more Sango and Miroku moments, so I hope that she enjoyed this one. This was a fluff filled chapter. By the way, this fanfic has been nominated for two awards, Best Humor and Best InuXKag Romance, so feel free to wish me luck. I’ve been nominated so many times though; it would be nice if I did win something.

Though I don’t really mind the awards, they would be nice, but I write for the enjoyment that I bring myself. Thanks to Urd-chan who nominated me for the Best InuXKag award and thanks to Hinoto Nobukaze who nominated me for Best Humor.

Also, thanks for putting up with the flamers. I won’t let them bring me down. Plus, I know my story’s a hit 600 reviews can’t be wrong! So, no, I won’t stop writing this story, go waste your time somewhere else.

Please R&R and tell me what you think!