InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Kikyou's Past: Broken Affection ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here I am with another chapter. Chapter 22 already. I hope you all liked the Sango and Miroku moment in the last chapter. Don’t worry, there will be more of them in future chapters, working with multiple pairings, I have to go into each one a little.

Anyway, please RR and tell me what you think.

I I I

Hidden Affection

Chapter 22: Kikyou’s past: Broken Affection

I I I

After the dance, Kikyou walked over to her date, Naraku. The two stood in the distance.

“What did you learn?” Naraku asked.

“That Inuyasha has betrayed me. That’s what.” The black haired woman looked angry, but deep down, there was a flash of hurt in her eyes.

Before Inuyasha had left his old school, he and Kikyou had been best friends. Though they had been so close, Kikyou had always wanted Inuyasha to change his cold and unyielding attitude.

Eventually, despite this fact, they did fall in love, Kikyou still had the same need to change his unruly ways, and eventually, Inuyasha had complied to do so.

They went out on a few dates, the black haired boy falling more and more in love with Kikyou.

He had made a promise with her that they would always love each other, no matter how far apart they were. He had promised to write her if he moved and frequently come and visit her.

Inuyasha had also vowed to change his stubborn ways for her.

But one day, the stubborn boy was absent from school, and Kikyou was left alone in all of her classes. She waited and wondered what had happened to him.

Weeks upon weeks he had not shown up at school, so the black haired girl finally decided to take a trip to his house to see where he had been, and she noticed a sold sign in his front yard.

‘What’s going on?’

Soon after, she had found out that Inuyasha moved.

Kikyou’s heart was broken, and she felt very betrayed by him. After all, he had promised her, and he never called her or anything to notify her of his move. The black haired boy moved to a new school and he never even called her, when being her boyfriend, she knew he had her number.

Since she had been in a depression, Naraku was there to console her and comfort her. Their relationship had started from an incident where Naraku was hurt, he had been hit by a car, and Kikyou had been a witness to the accident. She was able to get him to the hospital and visited him every day.

Over time Naraku began to fall in love with Kikyou, and resent Inuyasha for being Kikyou’s current boyfriend. Now, he had found his time to move in and did so rather quickly to gain the woman’s love.

After the woman had been with Naraku, he eventually turned her cold, convincing her that Inuyasha was a no good boyfriend who had probably left her for another woman.

Now, his convictions had been true, Inuyasha had forgotten about everything they had shared.

He forgot about his promise.

He left her for Kagome.

This was the time for revenge.

She was going to humiliate Kagome for what she had done to her. She would also get her own little revenge on Inuyasha, and of it involved Naraku, then so be it.

II

The happy couple was standing among some of Inuyasha’s old friends, happily talking and drinking refreshments. Kagome seemed to be having a good time talking to one of Inuyasha’s old friends, Ayame, who had been telling her about her boyfriend Kouga.

The black haired boy, on the other hand, was conversating with Nobunaga. Nobunaga’s father had been very ill before Inuyasha had left, so they were catching up on lost time between them.

Before Miroku and Sango came along, Nobunaga had always been Inuyasha’s best friend. Though he was a little clumsy and easy to get irritated at, the two seemed inseparable at times.

Kikyou and Naraku stood in the background, watching the events unfold, waiting for the right time to intervene.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves throughout the dance. There were several more dances, in which Kagome and Inuyasha had danced.

Since Kouga hadn’t showed up to the dance, Nobunaga and a very angry Ayame had danced a few dances.

It seemed the Nobunaga’s father had gotten worse in condition, and towards the next few minuets, after the dance because he was called out.

Inuyasha, Ayame and Kagome seemed worried, and wished him the best. The young clumsy man fell through the door and made a humorous departure, as everyone either laughed, pretended not to know him, or sweat dropped in exasperation.

‘Poor Nobunaga…I hope his father will be all right.’ Kagome thought to herself.

The red haired girl put a hand on her shoulder. “Don’t worry Kagome, I’m sure he’ll be all right, if Nobunaga can make it to the hospital without being brought in on a stretcher himself.”

“Don’t jinx the poor oaf!” Inuyasha replied.

“Inuyasha!” The girl turned around with an angry expression. “Don’t be so callous!”

“Feh!”

II

‘Inuyasha, you betrayed me. You left without even saying good-bye to me…Not only did you leave me, but you left me for her…’

She gave Kagome a look of malice as she saw the two dancing during the couples dance.

‘So, is that it…has she replaced me? Did you truly forget about me and what we had shared? You betrayed me, Inuyasha.’

Kikyou glared at the three, now sitting at the table, laughing and chattering about. They seemed to be having a good time and Kouga finally decided to show up, and thustly received an earful from Ayame, who learned that Ginta and Hakaku, who had decided to get ready at the last moment.

After the slight squabble, and many apologies on behalf of the three men, things began to quiet down again.

The group’s mild laughing fits came to their normal pace, and Nobunaga’s absence was explained, as well as Kagome’s appearance at the dance.

‘He has betrayed me…And for that…He must pay.’

TBC

A/N: Not the longest of chapters, but I wanted to focus on Kikyou’s past.

Sorry for not updating sooner, I’m running low on ideas. This fanfic will end in 25 chapters. I’ve been working on it forever, and after I’m done, it’ll be one of my longest accomplishments besides Raiden no Ai.

Thanks for reading, now please RR!