InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ The Agony of Backfiring Plans ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm not dead or leaving this fanfic (much to some's despair) I've been busy, but I'm back to update and finish this fanfic. Updates won't be regular, so you'll probably want to put me on alert or join my update group (listed in my bio)
 
I dedicate this chapter to my lovely beta reader, Notoes, who's helped me through rough times. I couldn't find a better friend or a nicer person to help me out.
 
This chapter is its usual 5 pages long.
 
 
 
 
:.:.:
 
Hidden Affection
 
Chapter 23: The Agony of Backfiring Plans
 
:.:.:
 
 
 
It was time for Kikyou to put her plans into action. She would make Kagome pay for stealing the one she loved. Inuyasha was hers.
 
Dark eyes scanned across the horizon of students at the dance, all dressed in their medieval attire. Some were dancing, some were talking, and some were just goofing around. She spied the punch bowl across the room and deep chocolate eyes lit up with malice.
 
She slowly walked over to her destination, light blue dress flowing around her with each stride.
 
As the girl made it to the bowl, she spied Ginta, Hakakku and Kouga standing around, talking amongst themselves, later accompanied by Ayame, who stood there for a minute, clad in her forest green dress.
 
Kikyou watched them as she grabbed the dipping device from the bowl and poured herself a glass of punch. Ginta and Hakakku began to fight among themselves and bumped Ayame on accident, causing her hand holding her cup of punch to tip inward and she stepped back and held the glass up in the air, punch sloshing around within its holder, threatening to fall out and splash on her dress.
 
“Hey! Watch it!” The red head yelled at her friends, as both of them looked up at her, as if they were getting in trouble and replied “huh?” in perfect synchronization. “You two goons almost made me spill punch on myself. Calm down, won't you?”
 
Ginta stood straight up and sweat dropped. “Oh, sorry Ayame.”
 
“Yeah, sorry. We forgot you were holding punch.”
 
Kouga sighed to himself and shook his head. His two friends were always acting like that. He was surprised he had any sanity with those two, and if he made it out with half of his sanity it would be a miracle.
 
`That's it.' Kikyou thought as she looked at the punch in her hands. `I'll offer Kagome some punch and `accidentally' spill some on her nice, red dress.'
 
The dark haired girl made her way through the crowd as she spied Kagome and Inuyasha walking and talking to each other.
 
“Hey Inuyasha.” Kagome looked up her him.
 
“Yeah, what is it?” The boy replied.
 
“I'm kind of hot from all of the lighting and dancing, I'm going to go and get some punch.” The girl smiled at her date and turned to head off towards the punch bowl, almost bumping into Kikyou.
 
“Oh, excuse me.”
 
“It's fine. I just thought I'd bring you some punch. You looked pretty parched over there.” The blue-clad female said almost slyly.
 
Behind her, Ginta and Hakakku were up to their normal tricks. Each of them was trying to pull off some dance moves, one looking a bit more ridiculous then the other. During their so called `dance contest', Ginta stepped on Hakakku's foot and the two began to argue, getting into a fight.
 
During their altercation, Hakakku shoved Ginta into Kikyou, causing her to jolt forward. The red-clad girl in front of her stepped to the side as punch went everywhere, landing on the corset of her dress, dark purple seeing into the baby blue fabric.
 
“Sorry Miss.” Ginta apologized.
 
Kagome caught her arm before she fell and helped pull the silent girl up. Upon noticing the punch staining her dress, Kikyou glared as her face twisted into one of anger and disappointment that her plan didn't carry out as nicely as she would have wanted it to.
 
“Kikyou, you spilled punch on your dress. Here. Let me help you.” The black haired girl replied, taking out a cloth to wipe away the offending punch, but was shoved away by the blue clad girl. “Just get off me.”
 
“Hey, I said I was sorry.” The boy behind her still apologized, sensing her anger.
 
“I'm going to the bathroom.” She said simply and walked off, not saying a word further, leaving Inuyasha and Kagome standing alone and Ginta looking apologetic.
 
“What's with her?” The dark haired boy asked.
 
“I don't know.” The raven haired girl looked at her boyfriend. “Maybe she's mad because she spilled punch on herself. I mean, that punch is going to be hard to get out of that light fabric. I'd hate to pay her dry cleaning.”
 
 
 
 
**
 
 
In the bathroom, the lone girl scrubbed away at the purple on her corset. `Damn, I'm going to have to find something more effective to get at her, but what?'
 
Dark eyes darted about the room, trying to think of a plan.
 
There was nothing of use there.
 
After getting most of the punch off, she walked back outside, looking around as if she were trying to find someone and spied a candle, lit on one of the tables.
 
A smile crossed her face.
 
`Perfect.' She walked back over to Inuyasha and Kagome, who was using one of the table tops to lean against. `This will be sure not to fail.'
 
She edged up beside of Kagome. “I'm back.” Kikyou said in a somewhat monotone voice.
 
“Oh, I see you got off most of the punch. That's good.” Kagome smiled. “I hope that little incident won't keep you from having a good time.”
 
“No, I'm fine.”
 
While the conversation carried on, the sly girl moved her hand behind herself and edged the candle over the table top oh so carefully, edging the flames closer and closer to Kagome's hair.
 
`You're going down in flames, Kagome and I won't mess up this time.'
 
There were noises from behind them as two figures took seats behind them. They were students from Kikyou's school. One of them slammed their fists down on the table, laughing at the other's comment, causing the candle to tip over - - right into Kikyou's long, black hair.
 
Eyes widened at what she had thought to happen. `No…This can't be…My hair.'
 
Kikyou turned around a whirl and began to attempt to put out her hair with Kagome and Inuyasha helping. The girls at the table raced to get the candle from atop the table so it didn't fall on the ground and catch the carpet on fire.
 
After a few seconds, they were able to get the fire out and by this time, Kikyou's anger was getting the best of her.
 
She was tired of playing around and she would make Kagome pay for stealing her Inuyasha.
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: I'm done with another chapter. So sorry for not updating, I'll really try to update on time next time. I only have two chapters left, please read and review. I hope I didn't lose any fans.