InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Crash and Burn ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Not dead yet. Decided to write another chapter on this little story, so I can finish it. This is the next to last chapter, so I do hope that you enjoy it.
 
Please read and review!
 
 
 
:::
 
 
Hidden Affection
 
Chapter 24: Crash and Burn
 
By:Melissa Norvell
 
:::
 
 
 
After the dance was over, everyone stood outside, waiting for their ride. Inuyasha had set up for a limo to take both him and Kagome home, while Kikyou and Naraku loaded themselves into a car.
 
“Well, all of your plans have been failing.” Naraku stated as Kikyou sat in the back of the care, her light blue dress cascading around her.
 
“Don't remind me.” She huffed, making a face of agitation.
 
“So, still want to make Kagome pay?” The dark haired boy said as he turned the ignition and the engine roared up.
 
“Of course. This time, I won't fail.” She allowed a wicked and sly smile to drape across her features. “We'll wait until their limo comes around, then I want you to follow them.”
 
“Right.”
 
 
**
 
Inside of Inuyasha's ride, everyone was talking up a storm from the busy night before. Kagome was a real chatterbox, talking to her boyfriend as if he hadn't even been there. At first the boy was patient, but then irritation began to cross his features.
 
“It was really fun Inuyasha! See now, wearing these clothes isn't so bad.” Kagome replied, fluffing out her red dress.
 
“Keh! For you…” The boy said as he rested his head in his arm.
 
“Oh, come on Inuyasha.” The black haired girl replied, smiling kindly at him. “Don't be like that. I had a lot of fun and your friends Kouga and Ayame were really cool. They made such a wonderful couple. Even that Kikyou girl seemed a little nice. She was creepy but nice.”
 
She could see a flicker of sadness run through Inuyasha's eyes as her own gaze softened. “I bet you miss her, huh?”
 
“I don't miss her! Keh! She left and didn't even say goodbye.” He huffed.
 
Kagome blinked. “But you look sad.”
 
“I'm not sad; I'm just tired from all of that dancing.”
 
“Oh…”
 
The two rode together in silence as their car traveled along the night roads. Kagome stared up at the night sky, each star shining like a beacon of love and hope through the darkness of midnight. The moon was also full, bathing their car below in a haze of pale moonlight.
 
The girl sighed lightly to herself, taking in the fresh night air.
 
She then leaned against the back of the seat, ready to take a short rest before arriving at her destination. There was a brief pause before her body jolted forward, colliding with the back of the seat.
 
All around her, the girl could see the various objects flying about in the air. Her hair wisped around her face, and her tiara bounced off of her head, nearly impaling the driver of their limo. Inuyasha's body jolted as he flung his arms out in what seemed to be slow motion as he attempted to grasp out for anything he could reach to steady himself and keep himself from hitting the back of the seat, but it was a failed mission as his elbows made impact with the leather of the front seat.
 
Then their forms seemed to jumped backwards as they flew back into the back of the seat, feminine orbs opened wide whilemale were widened and laced with slight irritation.
 
“What happened?” The red-clad girl asked, moving some hair from in front of her face, tucking it back behind her head.
 
“Some idiot doesn't know how to drive!” Inuyasha snapped, rolling down the window and sticking his head out.
 
“Hey!” He shouted to the vehicle that pulled up beside them. “Watch where you're- Kikyou!”
 
“Kikyou?” Kagome blinked, then looked out of her window to see that Kikyou and Naraku were behind them, the engine of their automobile still running.
 
“Kikyou, are you all right?” The girl asked, checking on the blue clad girl.
 
“I'm more then alright, but you won't be for long.” Pink lips turned into a smile as her eyes turned to her accomplice. “Step on the gas.”
 
“Right.” The gas pedal was accelerated as the car began to push on their limo.
 
“What's happening? Why are they stepping on the gas?” Kagome asked.
 
“Hey! Step on the gas!” Inuyasha yelled to the driver, who responded by doing so.
 
The two cars began to run down the highway. “We've got to get them off of us. Whatever we did to them, they're really mad.”
 
“But I don't understand.” The black haired girl replied with concern in her eyes. “What did we do to them?”
 
“I think it's what I did to her.” The black haired boy replied.
 
“Huh?” Kagome looked to him in question.
 
“She's still hung up on me. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her, and I lost her address and phone number so I couldn't call her after I moved away. I made a promise and I broke it…” He told her. “We used to go out…I probably really hurt her.”
 
“You mean turned her into a psycho.” Kagome replied. “Is she that obsessed with you that she won't accept an apology?”
 
“It's not just that.” Her boyfriend told her. “Kikyou has always been the type to hold grudges. Something must have happened to her since we've gone out.”
 
“Inuyasha.” They could hear as Kikyou stuck her head out of the car window. “Is that who you cheated on me with. That look-a-like? She's hardly anything like me in attitude. You know that you can't erase our past.”
 
“Past?” Kagome asked.
 
“This is none of your concern.” Dull eyes narrowed as black hair fluttered in the wind at rapid movement. “You promised that we'd always be together. You picked me up when I was at my worst, and then you betrayed me and took advantage of me. . . Not anymore, Inuyasha. “
 
“Kikyou, you don't understand! This is all a misunderstanding!” Inuyasha tried to bargain, but the woman was unresponsive to his sentence.
 
“You left me…and robbed me of my happiness. Now I shall do the same to you.” She stuck her head back in the window.
 
`She's serious.' Kagome thought as she looked to Inuyasha.
 
“What?” He asked. “What am I supposed to do?”
 
“She's your girlfriend, you tell me!” Kagome shouted back, but in the midst of their argument, the side of the limo shook and jolted to one side, causing them to crash into the other side of the door and fall atop of each other. Inuyasha's back hit the door, he then caught Kagome and dodged her tiara.
 
“Why do you have to wear so much junk?” He complained. “That tiara of your(s) nearly impaled my face!”
 
“It's not like I can help it! We're being run off of the road!” She shouted back.
 
Dark eyes looked out of the window to see that they were now on a bridge. The opposing car was constantly ramming the side of the limo, trying to push it off of the bridge into the on coming traffic below. With each repetitive jolt, the limo careened more and more to the opposing side of the bridge.
 
“We're going to fall off of the bridge!” Kagome yelled.
 
“No shit!” The male replied.
 
With one final slam into the limo, it curved off of the edge of the bridge, getting stuck between the ground and the underside of the guard rail. This caused the limo to make a sort of make-shift ramp as the opposing car, containing Kikyou and Naraku went sailing into the air.
 
“Is everyone alright?” The driver asked.
 
“I'm fine. What about you, Inuyasha?”
 
“Fine.”
 
Two gasps were heard as the car landed on the ground a few feet away and rolled over and over down the side of the hill it was on as three pairs of orbs watched in dismay.
 
Finally stopping at the end of the hill and landing on its top, the car remained still and there was no sign of life within the confines.
 
“You think we should go over there and see if anyone's alive?” Kagome asked.
 
Inuyasha nodded as they all exited the limo, the driver getting out his cell phone and calling the cops. The couple rushed down the hill and got to the car, inside Naraku was bleeding and there were no signs of life from him. Kikyou also had a fair amount of blood coming from her chest, but was still alive. She turned to look at Inuyasha, who said her name in an airy tone.
 
“I'm really hurt that you would do this to me.” She said in a scornful voice, laced with the physical and emotional pain that she felt.
 
“Kikyou, I didn't do this on purpose. I came to the dance to get information from you and to talk to you about what happened. I never meant to leave you alone…I loved you…”
 
“I loved you too, but now it's over…And I guess you win after all…” She closed her eyes as she drifted into unconsciousness.
 
Sadness shown in Kagome's eyes as she saw her love's attempts to regain his ex's consciousness.
 
Shortly after, many police units arrived on the scene, followed by an ambulance. Inuyasha and Kagome rode home in the squad car, not saying a word to each other, each figure sitting in silence on the way home.
 
They each looked out of their respective window. They hardly knew what to utter if they would find the will to speak of the events that just happened to them.
 
Inuyasha was thinking about what had happened both past and present and felt a little downtrodden having not been able to tell Kikyou everything.
 
He wanted to tell her the truth and try to get her to move on from him as he had done with her, but things didn't turn out the way that he had hoped for. Silently, he wanted her to survive the deadly crash. He didn't care about that Naraku guy that she was with, but he wanted her to be alright.
 
Though he had the sinking feeling that she wasn't.
 
Kagome was left in confusion, but inwardly hoped that Kikyou was alright, despite whatever had happened that night between them. She could see why the girl had been so upset with her at the dance.
 
The dark haired girl figured that she'd feel the same way if she were put in the same predicament as Kikyou.
 
For Inuyasha's sake and for the sake that they had a chance of making things right between themselves again, she wished that Kikyou would survive.
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: Yes, it's been a long time since I've updated. Sorry about that. I have a life and it likes to get in the way of my writing. Well, that and I had severe plot bunnies on this one. I wanted this chapter to go a certain way and still hold to its 6 page stop, and I think I did a good job.
 
One chapter left until the end! Thanks for sticking with me on this fanfic and a HUGE thanks to my beta Notoes, who stuck by me on this story until the very end!
 
Please R&R!