InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Himitsu/Secrets ❯ Shogatsu Is For Family ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This won Moderator's Choice for the Livejournal Inuyasha Fanfic Challenge Community. The theme was "celebration." Inuyasha celebrates something of his own. ^^

 

He realized that she was speaking to him because her lips were moving in a wonderfully enticing way...and well, she was also looking rather pointedly at him. Oh, the hell if he could understand her anyway. He knew she was babbling something about the upcoming Shinnenkai celebration that her family's shrine was holding in honor of Shogatsu, but he was so involved with the movement of her mouth that he didn't bother to keep listening.

 

"Inuyasha! Are you listening??"

 

Uh oh. "Eh...." He tried frantically to remember what she had been telling him, and the only thing that seemed to stand out in his mind was that--

 

"No!" He watched as her smile turned into a frown, and she clenched her fists as if she was trying to calm herself. Oops! What could he say to make this better?? "You're leaving me?" Well, that didn't come out well....

 

She smiled widely as she took his hand in hers. "No, silly! It's a family holiday, and you are family, so you are coming!"

 

As they walked to the well, he could barely contain his heart in his chest. He was...family.

 

He didn't bother hiding his grin, hoping he always would be.