InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ The Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter one

The encounter

The night, a beautiful, mysterious, and still black rose was where the full moon hung in the sky. Everything was peaceful in the air, trees, and ground. Everything, asleep and as still as a leaf resting on the dirt road. Though this night was as peaceful as it could be, it was disturbed by a quick pant and the gallop of feet on the path of the forest. In the dark the figure was nothing but a shadow to one's eyes. They carried themselves tiredly, but didn't slow down out of determination. Finally the figure stopped, leaned up against a tree, and rested, a hand to their chest, and their heart racing in their body. Weakly, they pushed their dark hood that concealed their face, letting the moon reveal an attractive young woman. She looked up to the moon, her only source of light, her long brown hair that was once neatly in a bun, now sprawled out in all directions. Her green eyes opened and shut as her lungs tried to regain all the air that was lost on her run. After a few seconds, she could breath somewhat easier. She smirked in her own satisfaction, and slowly moved her pale hand into a pocket of her hooded cloak. Just as slowly, she pulled out her hand, now holding onto a little bottle. The bottle was small ( no bigger then a perfume bottle in our time) and was empty, with a symbol carved in the glass. The fair maiden starred at the bottle, thinking where she got it and how the liquid in it saved her life. Though it could do wondrous things, the girl remembered the warring she was given.

`Be careful where you use it, how much you use, and why you use it,' her mind began to tell her, `This potion gives you the scent of a demon, the perfect thing to have when invaded by demons. You can hide and a demon wont know your there, for they wont be able to smell your human half. But a warning, when it's made to attract demons...it does attract them all.' Her eyes blinked at the words that an old woman told her. The young woman shook her head and rested up against a tree, her eyes closing and her body drifting off into sleep, not believing a single thing could go wrong.

*****Elsewhere in the forest*****

Slow and heavy feet walked on the dirt path of the forest, then stopped. Looking in a direction with his golden eyes he starred, uncertain of what he smelled. His thoughts were disturbed when a little man came, panting up to his feet.

"Why have we stopped M'Lord Sesshoumaru?" The little man asked, clenching the staff of heads tightly with his little boney hands.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!!!" Came the squealing of a little girl as she ran to catch up with the other two, little night blossoms in her hands. The little green man looked at her and sneered.

"You are such an annoying little Imp, Rin! Can't you see Lord Sesshoumaru is going to tell me some thing?! So barbaric of you to just take control of the situation you little puny girl! Hey...!" The little man turned back to Rin and noticed she wasn't there. She had her back toward him and was chasing a firefly in her own delight. The little man glared at her, then looked back at his lord, when Sesshoumaru budged.

"Jaken, stay here with Rin, prepare a fire if you wish. " Sesshoumaru told him looking not at Jaken, but in the same direction he was earlier studding.

"Yes, M'Lord..but, where are you going?" Jaken asked. Sesshoumaru took a few steps in the direction then stopped at Jaken's voice. He turned his head and looked at him.

"Jaken, if you follow me...I'll kill you." Sesshoumaru glanced at Jaken for a few seconds with his glass icy stare. His golden orbs shined like the moon itself as so he would not give a second thought of dumping Jaken.

"Y....Y..Ye..ss. I'll....D.Do as you say..M..M'Lord." Jaken stammered. Jaken bowed at his master and watched as Seshoumaru left them to travel into the darkness, only to be consumed in the night. Jaken clapped his hands together, snapping himself out of his state. He turned back to face Rin, and cleared his throat before speaking.

"You heard the Lord! Rin, start gathering some fire wood so I can start a fire!" Jaken shouted at the girl who just kept following the fireflies as she walked off. "Hey!" Rin turned around to look at the somewhat angry green monster.

"Oh! Yes Jaken!" She said in her little girly voice and walked off picking up small sticks and twigs of all thickness and size. Jaken sighed, knowing those would never make a good fire.

"No no no no....You need to find thicker and longer sticks then that, or you'll be at it all night only to receive the smallest flame." Jaken said, closing his eyes and smirking in delight at his corrections. Rin looked around for bigger sticks, then eyed Jaken, walloping in his pride. Jaken's smirk left his face when he felt a tug on his arm. He opened his eyes to see Rin tugging on his staff of heads.

"Gah! You Imp! What are you doing?" Jaken shouted as he clenched his staff with both hands trying to tug it back to him. Rin looked at him and pointed with her little finger to her pile of sticks. Jaken gasped.

"No!!! My staff is not a stick! It's not firewood!!!" Jaken screamed and yelled, he pulled with all his might, but his little feet were being pulled across the dirt as Rin tugged the staff and Jaken to the pile, Jaken yelling and panicking the whole way.

********

Sesshoumaru stopped as a small breeze came over him. His silver hair blew in the wind with grace, as his sleeves lightly swayed from his body. His emotionless stare was plastered on his face as his golden lights for eyes still wondered around. Along with te breeze came that scent he smelled earlier. The smell was very unique and took him by surprise and stopped him in his tracks the first second he got a whiff of it. He fallowed the scent to a large tree, he stood by the tree and looked down near it's magnificent roots.

A young woman slept there, and her appearance and scent confused him. She looked like nothing more then an ordinary mortal woman, but her scent persuaded him other wise.

`Such a strange demon. To be able to walk among the humans in a their form. That can only be done by the most powerful demons. But why would a demon remain in the form of a low life disgusting mortal when they are in the home of the forest?' Thought the somewhat confused Sesshoumaru. He admired her from her toes to her head. Her feet her small, the rest of her body from ankles to neck were covered in dark cloth. Her face seemed to glow in the moon as her skin was so pale and pure looking.

He squatted beside her and ran his fingers through her brown soft hair. Noticing how her sent and beauty snag in perfect harmony with each other. The young woman stirred and slowly opened her eyes to the soft touch that lingered on her skin, as Sesshoumaru stroked her with his claws softly. Her eyes opened wide when she noticed the strange being beside her. Her body jerked up and she sat up, her face close to his. She began to feel her face burn with embarrassment. She would tel he was a demon, no mortal could have looked the way he looked. Yet, she saw how handsome of a demon he was. She got lost when her green stared into his heavenly golden ones. When it dawned on her.

`Oh..no.. My demon scent potion mustn't have worn off yet..that means he must think I'm some strange looking demon! What do I do. I can't upset him...I can't do that!" Thoughts ran through her mind and Seeshomaru could she her face change the many ways it did. Sesshoumaru leaned in to her and began to move his lips up and down her neck, touching her skin ever so lightly, it sent shivers down her spine. She was taken back a bit and startled at this approach, but did not move. The young woman knew that there was no chance to get away from him, she let him do what he wanted, it's not every day a roughen like her got attention from such a lovely creature.

********

Meanwhile a unconscious Jaken lays on the ground as an overly excited Rin dances around her bonfire, the staff of heads in her hand.