InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ Family ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's note.

Yesterday was the 15th of June and at 1:20 pm i was officially 16! Go sweet 16! and next week I'll be going to go get my permit maybe. Yeah I know, 'A permit..how sad....' well yeah..uhh..really can't say anything about it though. I am a little nervous to get on the road...theres so many wakos out there! eeee!!!!! But that doesn't mean I'm not excited about being behind the wheel...BEWARE! just kiddin..I'm not that unreliable..yup you can always count on me to be hyper and always ALWAYS walk into walls!! Go Walls! well even though its my Birthday...i'm gonna give you all a treat. and update this story a bit. well at least i hope its a treat i mean.....oh just like it and review. think of your review as your return gift. he he he....>.> ok my chat is done.



oh yes, there is an error i made in the last chapter. I said that Shika's ears were black, i wasn't thinking when i typed that, my mind was on its one track road and i was still focused on her hair. so I'll say it right her. SHIKA'S EARS ARE SILVER!!!!!!!!!! there.just thought I'd correct myself. ^^







The night was younge and the fire of the camp burned the sticks and brightened the area. The previously bathing girls were now in cloths feeling refreshed and a little tense. Inu-Yahsa sat with his sword in his hands leaning up against his shoulder while his golden cyristal balls starred like a tough guy's eyes. Miroku was sitting next to Inu-Yasha looking serious with his head wrapped in white bandages. Earlier he had cried saying Sango was such a bully and everyone knew that the monk had exagerated with all the bandages from Kagome's back pack. Shippo sat with his legs folded staring at the dog demon, who knew that the little eyes were focused on him. Shika sat near Shippo, she had grow nused to him. He was the fist one to talk to her, and her talk to him. He was also the closest to her age and she felt safe near him.



Shika was confused at what was going on exactly and was scared to find out what was so frightening about her. She was terrified when Kagome screamed at her and when the mean silver haired dog demon yelled and charged at her. She didn't understand even now when they all sat around a campfire and the others having their eyes set on her, like she was the most interesting thing to look at in the world.




Shippo could hear her whine and whimmper from time to time, he knew she was frightened. Shippo grunted and made sure Inu-Yasha looked his way. Their eyes met and Inu-Yasha got the hint that the little guy was being protective over his new found friend. The dog demon could smell how tense the little fox was and with that understanding he broke the silence trying to calm the small frightened girl demon in his own way.



"Oi, demon wench!...uhhh I.. mean kid...." Inu-Yasha quickly corrected himself as he felt the angry stares from Kagome, Sango, and Shippo. He cleared his throat and continued.



"What happened back at the lake...it had nothing to do with you... No it has to do with you but not in that bad way were it's all about you even though it is about you because you have sonething that reminds us of a son of a bitch but it has nothing against you..it just has you involved with it...but nothing for you to worry about even though I'm sure we are all freaked and worried, just be at ease its got absolutly nothing to do with you!" Inu-Yasha finished.



Everyone just stared.




"uuuuhhhhh...Shika. What Inu-Yasha is trying to say the best way he can is simply that we have nothing against you, you're a very sweet girl. The mark on you forehead, we've seen it before-" Kagome began when she was cut off by an excited Shika.



"REALLY?! You've seen my father?!" She yelled with excitment.



"F-Father......" Everyone said uneasy in unison. None of them could ever see Seeshomaru being called that, but they stayed quiet as the younge girl was jumping off the walls...or trees...yeah...anyways...



"Yes my father. I used to ask my mother about him, but my mother just gave a half smile to me and told me it was her fault that she met my father," Shika said suddenly her voice getting soft and her eyes sad. She sat down again behind Shippo, like he was her protector.




"She always told me that she had no regrets about me..but she always made sure that I understood that it was her fault that I existed. That vllage you found me in..it wasn't my mother's birth village. She lived far far away from here until her village was destroyed by a herd of angery demons. My mother, wanting to survive, got a witch to make her a potion before the demons declared war. It gave my mother the scent ofa demon so durring the attack, she could sneak out of the village, while the demons thought she was one of them so paid no attention to her. But..it also attracted my father. My mother never got his name nor a very good look at him for it was at night. But she'd tell me that his skin glowed and his eyes shinned like he was a god (Inu-Yasha quivered at that statement). She said he was absolutly beautiful. And on his own forehead was the same mark that is on my own. Before my mother passed away she told me that if I ever found my father again....to...not ever tell him...she was affraid that if a demon as beautiful has him found out that he had a half bred bastard child that he would murder me."




Shika went quiet as her pure nightly eyes became glassy as tears began to fall down her cheeks. She leaned her head up against Shippo's back and quietly cried for a few moments. Shippo made no movements and the others just looked at her. All of them feeling some pitty.




"I...I'm so happy that you know my father....I..I..I've always wanted to see him, even if i know he would never take me in..I'd b..be happy just to see what my moter saw that night." Shika finished her tale inbetween a few sobs and Shippo leaned his head a bit back to her so his cheek touched her head, comferting her.




Kagome and Sango looked at each other with sad eyes. Kagome stood up and walked to Inu-Yasha and sat next to him a bit. As the small children were occupied for the time being, Kagome tugged on the demon's silver locks. The dog demon tilted his head down so Kagome could speak softly into his doggy dog ear.




"It's so bitter sweet. Here she is all happy that she knows her father is alive. And all her life she's wanted to see him. What's she going to feel when she finds out that her father..is a murderous demon? And if he hates you mainly because your a half breed and your his brother... How is he going to react when he discovers Shika and their relationship? With his mate being a human woman that was only trying to surrvive?"




Inu-Yasha's eyes went narrow after Kagome finished.




"He wont harm her.... He made her...he's not going to shun her because he got it on with a human.. And if he dares .....I'll kill him." The dog demon grunted with his teeth clentched. He knew exactly what it was like to be hated by all just because you werent what they were. To be beaten, shuned, and treated like you're less then dirt....just the thought of his hardships made his blood boil. He knew Shika had gone through exactly what he did, but unlike him she was able to be a nice settled girl, himself becoming violent and impatiant. She was just the exact opposite of him and being so pure after going through the worst hell pissed him off even more. And on top of it all, he felt responsible for her protection. After all...she was his brother's daughter....half breed or not....




She was.....



Family.



***********************************



Ok that is the end of that chapter and I hope you all liked it. I like how Inu-Yasha is feeling so protective over his niece. is that how you spell it? I don't know. Please correct me if I'm wrong.



Anyways I hope you all liked my gift to you all!



Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo



REVIEW REVIEW! make my day! REVIEW!