InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ The Mark ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Itting a Chapter 6

The Mark

AN: I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooowwwwwwyyyyy that its taken' me ages to get this thing posted! First there's this huge storm and it killed our power for like a day and when the power came back on..we didn't have cable or internet! AHHHHHH!!!! Finally we got our cable but are internet router needed to be replaced so it took us a while to get to that and then the router didn't want to work....v.v sigh...but my dad made it behave! GO POPS! So' now I can post! Yayyy!!!!

I love this story even though I don't really know where exactly im going with it. Oh well...I'll pull all nighters and run off of Pixie sticks until its perfect! Bwwahaha! Any wayz I hope ya al's enjoyin' it!

********************

The gorgeous, laminating moon hung in the sky, resting on top of a mountain point like a star on a Christmas tree. The sky around it was a mysterious black and was like a black rose that had blossomed in the sky. The stars twinkled high up in their kingdom, shining down upon the world below them

Kagome leaned her back up against the tree trunk and stared out into the sky. She was taken in `awe' by the mysterious sight. Unlike the clear sky the air around her was thick and muggy. Her cloths became sticky and attached themselves to her skin. Kagome ran her fingers in her hair and was disgusted by the way it felt. She needed a bath...for hygiene reasons she needed one desperately!

She stood up and looked around. Her own sweat stuck to her and refused to trickle down her face, so she was forced to wipe it off. Finally her eyes grew with the emotion of joy at what had captured them. Not too far from the hill was a lake, it looked nice and cool. The sight of it made Kagome feel refreshed. She walked around in search for Sango to see if she would like to join her.

Kagome walked away from the tree and she heard the ever so alert Inu-Yasha grunt at her. She turned around to face him. His golden eyes shined like the moon in orbit as they stared down at her. Kagome put her hands on her hips and stared back at him with the same intense stare.

"I'm gonna go look for Sango and we might be over in that lake over there, cooling off. Its way too humid for me here." Kagome explained. She watched the two moons drift away from her and to the place she pointed the lake was in. Kagome could tell he was making sure it was safe. After a few minutes, his eyes shifted back to Kagome and he grunted again in an approving manner. Kagome nodded and went on her search again for Sango.

The search did not last long, for she discovered Sango not far from the tree, laying on the grass, her kimono slightly undone to cool herself down. Kagome walked up to her and squatted down beside her.

"Hey, Sango. There's a lake not to far. Want to join me in a dip?" Sango looked at her and smiled, sitting up.

"Sure, Kagome. ....but..do you think we should invite the child too? She's so dirty and all." Sango finished and they both looked over in the direction of Shippo and their new traveling buddy. Shippo was up against a small and thin tree and the young girl was laying on the ground, her head laying next to Shippo's hand. Kagome looked at Sango and nodded and both girls walked over to the two children.

It was not long to decide theat they would take the girl to the lake wether she liked it or not. Her skin was nothing but crusted blood and cuts that were untreated. Kagome talked to her softly and gently, not wanting to frighten her. Sango and Kagome learned her name, a prize Shippo had gotten first. Shika made no restraint to go with them.

They walked along the grass, passed the dog demon's tree, and too the lake. Shika's legs were little and sores and she caused the other two to walk slower then they normally did. Though neither of them minded taking a few slower steps, they both knew little Shika was doing her best to walk as fast as she could without murdering herself.

Inu-Yasha watched the girls walk down to the shadowy pool area. He had caught a whiff of the new girl's scent. It took a few sniffs to try to get more then just the blood stench. Underneath all the dirt, blood, and sweat he could detect her pure scent. She had a gentle scent that was appealing to his nose. Her scent was also very small, like she was trying to hide it, to become invisible. And in that scent he was sure...Yes he was positive that their was a familiar touch to her. He crossed his arms and leaned up against the tree, grunting from irritation not being able to place his finger on it. His mind checked all of its memory banks, for a scent similar to her.

He was interrupted in his thought when another scent was approaching him. His eyes jolted over to the approaching object. He rolled his eyes irritated that it was only little pipsqueak Shippo. Inu-Yasha gave a disappointed whine.

"What the hell do you want, badger?" Inu-Yasha grunted.

"It's FOX you dumb mutt! And I came here to talk to you about something important." Shippo yelled.

"Don't take that tone with me miniature brat! Just what the hell is so `important'?"

"I want to talk to you about Shika" Shippo stated.

"A deer? What the hell's so great about a deer?"

"Not an animal you freak! SHIKA is the name of the young girl you air head!" Inu-Yasha's eyes widened a bit and he titled his head up in Shippo's direction, trying not to act interested. Shippo smirked.

"I'm sure the almighty Inu-Yasha could sniff off something off of her that struck something strange. Am I right? Being a full breed demon I can sniff it off in a whiff . But even a half breed like you should be able to tell...her scent is similar to yours."

At the lake, Kagome went through her bottomless yellow bag to get soap and shampoo. The other two girls enjoyed the relaxing touch of the cool water. The slight chilliness of the lake gave great ease to the humidity that haunted them that night. Kagome went into the lake, victorious in her search for the cleaning objects. Shika looked at the bottles strangely. Kagome giggled as she watched the young demon poke at the bottles than take cover behind Sango when it tipped over. The incident brought a smile to Sango as well as she placed a hand on the head of the frightened child. Her hair was rough and hard from dried blood like the rest of her body. The two older girls decided they needed to clean her up right away.

Shika sat on a rock that was near the edge of the lake and let Kagome and Sango clean her skin and hair. They easily removed the crusted on blood with Kagome's magical formula of the future. Sango cleaned her arms while Kagome got occupied with Shika's dirty hair. Shika giggled when Kagome rubbed over her small perky ears. Kagome gasped a bit when Shika's ears moved up and wiggled. Kagome took her hand and lightly scratched behind Shika's left furry ear.

Sango smiled along with Kagome as Shika made a small shriek and tilted her head from Kagome's soft touch.

"There just like Inu-Yasha's ears...only black and so much cuter." Sango giggled. Kagome smiled and went back to washing Shika's hair. When they were all done with that Sango and Kagome each too a different side of her face to clean. Kagome grabbed the left as Sango cleaned the right. Shika sat there, enjoying such kind attention.

************

Shippo sat next to Inu-Yasha on the branch and they both stared at each other. Both were glad that Miroku was doing who knows what away from the camp site. Inu-Yasha's eyes looked over at the direction the girls went and Shippo and Inu-Yasha alike kept their ears open for a shriek, incase Miroku decided he had to spy on them again.

"So Shippo, you think that child smells like me?" Inu-Yasha grunted.

"No, I don't think, I know. Its hard to know your own smell directly. It's not like we sniff ourselves anyway....but Shika definitely as a scent that reminds me of you. She's a half-breed ya' know."

"Yeah I know that! I wouldn't have helped a full breed you smart ass!"

Shippo knew that Inu-Yasha was worried do to the fact he smelled half demon's blood, but that statement left him with a question.

"You wouldn't have helped a full breed? Yet.....your dream is to use the shards..to BECOME a full breed?" Inu-Yasha grunted in disgust at the fox boy.

"Like you know! Its none of your business what I do! I knew she was a half breed, end of story!"

"Not just a half breed Inu-Yasha...she's just like you...she's a dog demon half breed."

"Huh? Is that why she smells so familiar to me?" Shippo nodded.

"I believe so, but also there's something about her scent that confuses me. I can't place my finger on it..but her scent is familiar in another way too.... I just can't put my finger on it yet." Inu-Yasha watched Shippo go into deep thought.

**************

"Sango can you help me/ The special facial soap is on the bottom of the bag." Kagome cried.

Sango nodded and got out of the cool lake and into the humid air to help her friend in need. Shika stayed on the rock the water up to her waist.

In the sea lilies behind the rock a pair of hungry eyes watched. The pair of eyes stared at the back of a beautiful figure. The hair was so dark and long and they were amazed at how the hair sparkled like silver stars in the moonlight. The pair of eyes gazed at the glorious sight until a strange object blocked the view.

"Achem!" Came a voice from above the pair of eyes and the head that owned them slowly looked up at an angry demon slayer wrapped in a towel, glaring down at them.

"Oh..hi Sango..is this where you girls are?..." Asked a confused Monk. Surely that lovely sight was not either Kagome nor Sango, he believed her to be a drifter.

"You are sick! Peeping on a young demon child!" Sango shouted and Miroku's face went pale white. That fair body couldn't have belonged to a child..it as too graceful and flawless except for the few cutes here and there.

"What? No Sango please it was just a mistake, I..I didn't think it was.....Oh MY God!!!! Sango please...sttttoooooooppppp!!!!" Miroku tried to crawl away on his hands and feet, but was stopped by a huge boulder. The gigantic rock rested on top of him and Sango huffed and puffed from her throw. Shika sat on top of the boulder and looked around. Kagome walked over with another towel in her hands, one also wrapped around her.

Kagome told Shika to lift her hands in the air and she obediently did and let Kagome wrap the towel around her small body. Kagome went back to the bag and quickly returned with the small bottle of facial cleaner. The two older girls went back to cleaning her face.

Shippo glanced at Inu-Yasha.

"I think I've got something." Shippo said and Inu-Yasha looked at the young kit, interested.

Kagome put some more of the cleaner onto her hand and began to clean Shika's filthy forehead. When the dirt was loose she took the corner of her towel to wipe all the soap off of that area on her face.

"Now that I think of it" Shippo began, "her demon scent is similar to...."

Kagome removed her and checked Shika's forehead to make sure she got all the dirt and blood. Kagome gasped as she moved Shika's long bangs.

"EEEEYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

Both Inu-Yasha and Shippo stopped what they were saying and thinking. Shippo jumped on Inu-Yasha's back, Inu-Yasha being the fastest of the two, and Inu-Yasha took off in the direction of the girls.

Inu-Yasha landed on the moist ground near the lake next to the boulder. Kagome sat on the ground near the boulder and Sango had her hands on Kagome's shoulder's, not understanding what frightened her. Inu-Yasha saw the boulder on top of the Monk, but even he couldn't have scared Kagome that much. His eyes glanced on top of the boulder to the small demon child.

"You...Shika! What the hell did you do?!" Inu-Yasha yelled.

Shika stayed quiet, fear also located in her eyes, like she didn't understand what happened either.

"Answer me you god damn wench!" Inu-Yasha growled and Shika pulled back a bit by fear of the yelling dog demon. Inu-Yasha couldn't handle the girl's silence and charged at her. Shika let out a frightened scream.

"Inu-Yasha..SIT!"

Inu-Yasha fell to the ground in a back breaking fall. Kagome stood up and walked to Inu-Yasha and the silver haired beast stood up, his face covered in wet lake mildew.

"What the hell was that for bitch?!" Inu-Yasha growled.

"She didn't do anything, no need to be mean."

"Oh yeah? Then what made YOU scream?"

Kagome pointed to her forehead and looked toward Shika, who sat there clueless.

Inu-Yasha walked slowly over to the child and reached out a hand. Shika pulled back a bit, afraid that she would get smacked, it would not have been the first time. Inu-Yasha watched her cringe in fear and his eyes, for a moment, grew soft..but just for that moment..nope can't let big tough Inu-Yasha be seen going soft too much or too long..nope he's a tough cookie and he doesn't crumble!

He could smell the hint of fear on her, but quickly put her hand somewhat gently on her forehead. Shika jumped a bit, but when she knew he meant no harm any longer she relaxed on the rock. Inu-Yasha lifted the hair away from her skin, and his eyes grew wide.

"How in al the seven hells......?"

"Wha- What is it Inu-Yasha?" cried a smushed Monk under the rock.

Having his other hand busy holding up her hair, his other hand moved slowly to her forehead. His claw lightly traced the mark that was on there. It didn't come off, she had to be born with it. Inu-Yasha's head was full of confusion and doubt.

For placed on her skin was a dark violet crescent moon symbol mark....

The Mark....

Of Sesshomarru.

TBC

**********************

Bwwahahahaaa that is the end of this chapter...join me next time I update and I'll enjoy that.

Please leave a review and any comments that might be in your head.

PS. I was kind of in a hurry to post this one due to the fact that my computer died and I felt awful not updating in like almost a month..so I may have missed some spelling errors...hehe

PS PS. Leave a review and I'll love you....

How cheesy can I get?! X.x wait..don't answer that.

Well see ya later fellow readers!

11