InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ release me! ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
         Author's note

         Happy Holidays ya'll! Man it has been some time eh? Media Play has been          workin' my rear end off! But tonight I have some free time, and I'll have        something up for the new year. YAY! Maybe I can update on 'Help me' too.         Oh! for those that don't know that one, it is my latest fruit basket fic. Be     careful though, it is a Yaoi and has lots of stuff in it. It requires ppl formiliar      with the anime and on open mind. heh. Oh guess what! I did a picture of          my original character, colored in noting but dots, and it got sent into an art   show/contest! I'm so excited. My character is a vampress that is tied    between the day and night, two lives and two loves. It is kind of a      complicated comic. And due to my lack of free time, I am thinking about          just writing the story out and poasting it up and then draw it later,    like..durring the summer.


         Anywho..now focusing on this project, Kagura has spied on the gang. What         will she do?


         _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __


         'Release me!'


         "Lord Sesshomaru! Lord Sesshomaru!" Came a small shout in the late of    the night. The grass bents when force was applied to them, as the being ran      across the land, shouting for the Lord.


         "Shut up, Rin! The Lord is busy!" The little green man had appeared before       the shouter, stopping her in the race.


         "Forgive me Lord Jaken." Rin pushed the little man away and ran past him,        leaving him in her dust. The little girl stopped when she spotted her Lord       star gazing. His head held tall and proud, his body sat up straight and          showed nothing but pride and honor. Rin smiled at the being and quickly          walked to him. His eyes looked at her as his head slowly turned to face her.


         "What is the matter?"


         "Sorry to bother you, Lord Sesshomaru. But. A demon took my friend       away!" The little girl blurted out. Sesshowmaru just starred at the girl's       young face.


         "A 'friend' you say. When did you get this 'friend'?"


         "Not too long ago, my Lord. She was awefully lonely and the demon took   her with him!"


         "And what was this 'friend' ofyours, Rin?"


         "Why, nothing but a human like myself. A little girl not much older then         me."


         "Rin, I have no time worring about every single mortle in this over populated    world." The Lord stood up and began to walk again, "Let's get going." Rin        looked at the ground a little dissapointed, but nodded and followed her Lord.    As they walked the dawn's breeze blew past them, the Lord stopped. Rin   looked up at him, as he starred down at her.

         'That..girl....Rin is covered in the scent....' Sesshomaru bared his teeth,      silently so not to show it on his face.

         "Inu-Yasha." He looked back to the area where rin had come from. Rin just        looked up at the demon, somewhat confused.


         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


         The sun began to say hello to the world as it rose from behind the tallest hill          and tree that the forrest beheld. Kagome rose from her sleeping bag and          stretched her arms up in the air. When Kagome looked around, Sango was   already rolling up her sleeping bag and had a pot of water boiling over a fire   that the monk had helped put together. Kagome noticed that the three     demons where not around. She got out of her bag and rolled it, leaving it        beside Sango's. After that she walked around the camp site in search of the      demons. Her journey didn't last long, for they were not far at all.


         She stood at the top of a grassy hill, looking down at a fresh green land that   swayed in the breeze. Inu-Yasha, sat on the grass about midway down the          hill, only a good small jog away from where Kagome stood. The two pups   where running in the grass, just enjoying the morning's warmth. Kagome   watched as Shippo and Shika would run and tackle each other, how they    would take handfulls of the fresh grass and throw it at one another. They        laughed and had nothing less then a good time. It had only been yesterday        that they had run into Sesshomaru and the way she played, shika seemed   to be in a better mood then the night before. Kagome looked at Shika's   playmate, and knew that Shika's high spirits did not rise on their own. Whos     spirits could?


         Kagome smiled and walked down the hill, to Inu-Yasha's side. His ears    twitchedand he looked up at Kagome as she sat down beside him. Kagome    smiled at the half demon.


         "It seems that Shika is feeling better this morning." Inu-Yasha nodded, and      his eyes went back to the pups. Kagome smiled at the Inu and laid her    head on his shoulder. The demon's eyes widened as he starred down at her.

         "..Hey..!"

         "I'm really proud of you." Kagome said, stopping him. "You're trying so          hard. You're so dedicated to her. I'm just happy that you can for a child like   her. She's special, and I'm just proud of you for taking care of her this far    and beyond." Inu-Yasha stayed silent and trying to make his face look    annoyed, he rested a part of hs cheek on her head, really....gently.


       & nbsp; Inu-Yasha looked back t the pups to see the both of them starring at them.       His face became a beat and his mouth opened up to say something as he    was thinking about shoving the woman off of him, when something changed          his mind. Shika's little face curled up into a smie, a sunshine warm smile.      Her eyes were pure and full of happiness. Inu-Yasha just watched as the          young demon grabbed the hand of the kitsune and began to run with him,   laughing.

         "Let's play big brother!" Shika giggled as she grabbed Shippo's other hand       and began to twirl him and herself in a little circle. Her face smiling as she   cheerfully giggled. Shippo just starred, 'Big..Brother...' he thought as his     own face became the shade of a tomatoe. Soon his mouth became a grin     and he laughed as they twirled together.

         - - - - - - - - - - - --


         "So..you say that Inu-Yasha is tied up with another half demon. That     explaines why he's stopped searching for my castle these last few days.          Kagura..you know what I want you to do..."

         The wind goddess left the sight of that creepy dark demon after given her        orders. Kagura turned her nose up at the castle and plucked a feather from       her hair and with a guest of wind was sent up soaring in the sky on a giant      feather. As she rode her face showed nothing but disgust.


         "Only you...would sink this low...only you Naraku."


         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


         Shippo's world was moving fast. The sky, it was blurred and multiplied. The      sun wouldn'tstay in one spot, his mind pounded an throbed. A nightmare. It       was a nightmare....A blurred face appeared and it moved constantly like the      sun did. He couldn't make out who or what it was. He herd laughter.

         "Big brother, did you get dizzy? You fell down."

         He knew that voice. Yes..he loved that voice. His mind began to put the          dozen of fast moving faced together as one and the blurring began to form a      figure. It slowly assembled itself until he could see the gentle girls face      perfectly.

         "Shika.." The girl giggled and helped the fox boy up to his feet. Sango          appeared from the hill and shouted at the others, calling them for breakfast.    Kagome and Inu-Yasha got far away from each other when Sango appeared    lighting fast. With both their faces red, they called the little ones and they   all walked back to the other two for breakfast.

         They all sat around the small area, Inu-Yasha by the food, Sango and     Kagome together and the Miroku not too far away. The two pups, of course,        sat together and ate and talked and laughed with each other. Inu-Yasha   lifted up some special perpared ramen to his mouth when his eyes narrowed        and he dropped his food on the ground and stood up. Kagome let out a     surprised gasp and Miroku looked up at the demon.

         "What's the matter Inu-Yasha?" Asked Sango.

         "Yes. where is the fire?" Miroku asked, standing up himself. Inu-Yasha   growled and lept away from the camp site, running away, his face showing         he sign of war. The others stood and ran after him, Kagome giving the two        cubs a ride on her bike, Sango and Miroku rode Kirara.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -


         Inu-Yasha ran as fast as his legs could carry him, his throught was growling.


         "What the hell are you doing here!" He shouted as he came to a hault. A          woman stood before him, a woman all too formiliar.


         "So you sniffed me out. Good dog." Kagura mocked. Inu-Yasha growled.     "Don't worry. I didn't come for you. Naraku..doesn't want me to deal with        you today. But..If you get in my way. I will not spare you, Inu-Yasha."


         "That's my line, bitch!" Inu-yasha growled as he placed a hand on his    sword's handle, but before he could set the sword free Kagura called upon        her 'dance of the dead'. the ground beneath him began to shake, and as   good pets, her dead zombies rose from their graves, covering the once so         green and fresh land.



         "Stay out of my way." Kagura warned him once again.

         "Inu-Yasha!" Came a shout and Inu-Yasha quickly turned around.

         "Kagome!"


         Kagura's eyes focused on Kagome and her riding partners. She opened her          fan and swung it infront of her chest, pointing at the bike.


         "So you came, little girl.... Dance of the Dead!" A gust of wind filled the      area as the many dead beings jumped forward , tackling the dog demon.    Inu-Yasha kicked and punched, destroying bones only to see another       zombie take its place. He shouted out a few curses as he pulled out his          sword and finished the bunch of puppets with a 'Windscar!' The noise of          bones falling to the ground filled the air, but a louder sound over ruled the    bones. A scream..Kagome's scream.


         Inu-Yasha turned around, Kagura had now appeared before the others,      sending them off of their bike and demon and onto the floor with her mighty      wind. Inu-Yasha saw, the zombies were only a distraction to get him out of       the way. Then..Kagome...was her target the whole time!!


         "You bitch!" Inu-Yasha rose the blade above his head as he charged at the        wind demon. Kagura smiled and her fan commanded the wind for the final   stroke of this battle.


         "Dance of the Dragon!" The whole world seemed to be shaking as the wind          tornatoes were on a course of the stubborn Inu-Yasha. Inu-Yasha growled          an came to a hault. He swung his own weapon at his enemy.

         "Windscar!"


         The two attacks colided, the ground shaking and the earth cracking and dirt      flying everywhere. Inu-Yasha watched as the two attacks were evenly      matched and they just dissinigrated each other. Inu-Yasha stood with a   blank stare. It made no sense. Why would Kagura give him an attack with          even power to his windscar? Then it dawned on him. He saw it.


         The giant feather in the sky, flying away from the sene. A girl was there with   her, Kagura had her clentched in her arms. The girl's face was terrified as      she was being flown. Inu-Yasha's face went pale and his sword dropped. He        remebered Kagura's words. 'I didn't come for you.' Inu-Yasha's hand began        to twitch.


         "Shika!!!!!!!!!!"


       & nbsp; He watched in horor as the young girl was being taken away right from under      his nose. He paid no attention to his dropped sword, but charged after the       soaring feather, carring the child. The child he wanted to be safe in his        arms. The child who he wanted to find the perfect place for. Where she   could be treated properly for who she was and not what.


         He followed the feather to a tree infested area and he leapt up to the   branches and continued by jumping tree to tree. His anger rose in him. His       breath was hot and heavy, his throat growled like a beast. His eyes never        left the sight of the feather, though no matter how fast he ran, the feather     seemed to get farther and farther away. He couldn't keep up, but he never        slowed down. His feet pounded against each branch. Hard. All of his      wieght was pressed on each branch and the released and put it all on the         next branch. Each branch got a demon force, one branch couldn't stand up         to the force, and under him, snapped of the tree that held it up. Inu-Yasha      watched as the feather not only got farther, but got higher. His eyes    widened as he fell, his stomache feeling a shock itself. His throat tightened    up, he couldn't breath. The feather...no...his world went black.


         Inu-Yasha felt his body ache. He couldn't move. His head was pounding    and all around him were shapes and dark blurs. He weakly lifted a hand up,       towards the sky. He reached for her, hoping..wanting..desiring the young         demon to cling to his hand like she always did, giving him that sappy warm       smile that calmed him like nothing else.


         A red substance dropped from his quivering hand and onto his face, dribbling     down his forehed, over his eye, and down his cheek. The blurrs and shaps         morphed together and became a night sky. His hand fell beside him as his         eyes closed, his head resting ontop of a huge root, the root of the tree he fell         from.


         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


         On the feather, Shika saw it all. She watched behind her kidnapping,     watching the red clothed demon race after them. He was easy to spot in the       green leeves. She wished outloud for him to reach them. Her heart sank   when she saw the red vanish, dissapearing from the leaves. She knew      something was wrong at that moment and her eyes began to throb and her   nose tighten. Tears formed themselves in her eyes.


         Kagura starred at the girl.


         "So he finally left our trail. Stupid half breed. Aw...what's wrong, little one?         Do you miss that weak half-whit?"


         Shika's eyes were like daggers when they starred at the wind demon. Tears        bordered her eyes, some strays flowing down her cheek. He little fangs   were bared and were growling at the kidnapper. When shika spoke, her     innocense had left her, her angery demon self emerged.


         "Release me."


         - - - - - - - - - - - -


         Inu-Yasha opened his eyes. His head was still throbbing and he lifted a          hand and placed it on his head as he sat up. He noticed something around         his head and began to poke at it.


         "Oh, Inu-Yasha, don't take off your bandages!" The demon stopped in his          tracks at the voice. He looked infront of him at the girl from the future        cleaned the sweat and dirt off of his face with one of her moist towles. His     eyes stung and he stayed silent, what could he say at a time like this? The      girl had been taken away. He was fell...and blacked out..how humiliating.        He looked around him, Miroku and sango sat on the ground both starring at        him, Kirara in Sango's lap resting in her kawaii way. Seeing the small child     like demon sleep so close to her partner, only stabbed at his soul even          more. It reminded him of the moment after Sesshomaru dismissed the girl          and she clung to him, calling out to him for comfort. Rejection was never        easy to forget. His body and heart only knew that too well.      Sesshomaru...Sesshomaru....


     &nb sp;   Inu-Yasha's eyes shot open and he turned his body quickly, facing a dense        area of the forrest. He growled and the others just looked at wha he was         looking at. When..the Lord himself appeared. Sesshomaru stayed quiet     and his eyes looked around the camp.


         "That girl..she isn't here...."


         Inu-Yasha just starred. Did he come back for her? Why...What made him    come in search for her?! His lips turned into a smerk.

         "Nope. She aint here. Naraku has her now."


         "I see..." Sesshomaru turned his back to the gang and began to walk away         in the direction he came from.


         "What'cha gonna do, Shesshomaru?" Inu-Yasha asked, his voice heavy.


         "Nothing, of course. Like I said before, she isn't any concern of mine."


         "Then why'd the hell did you come here?!!!" Inu-Yasha's rage was now     forcing him to shout. Without turning back around, Sesshomaru answered.


         "My curiousity is none of your concern, half breed."


         Inu-Yahsa was enraged, he lept to his feet and jumped to his brother,    grabbing his only arm, putting his to a hault.


         "You came in search for her, and you're just gonna walk away? I don't buy        that! Why'd you come for her?!!!"


         Sesshomaru's eyes glarred at the half beat, touching him. His body was stiff     and his face showed no mercy. His voice was rough and ragged as he       spoke his command.


         "Release me."


         TBC!!!!!!!


         Oh my goodness! I did another chapter! I'm so happy. I am starting to like       the way it is turning out. Shika has been kidnapped, and Sesshomaru came         in search for her. And the way Sess and Shika both commanded 'Release    me' they both were giving off the smae face and growl as they spoke, like        father like daughter. hahah.

         Well. Let me know what you think about this story so far. Review. All    reviews are appreciated, just don't gve me a three degree burn. ^^


         Happy holidays and nighty night!


         Middy