InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ Her eye ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's note

Wow..I haven't updated this fic since like feburary..O.o''''' Well I don't have an excuse for that..but last month my comp did die and it went to the hospital to get reserected for about two weeks then finals came up and my dad never installed it back in my room until just a few days ago. I frst Updated my other unfinished fic, 'Help Me' and I got bored tonight and felt I should make an effort on another fan fic. So here I go. I hope you will enjoy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Kagura's long thing fingers curled along Shika's thing clothed dress. Her breath hot against Shika's skin. Shika's eyes were half closed, her moth was silent and her body was still. she made no movement, no rejection at all. Shika's became a mystery to all who saw her do nothing. Kagura's actions began to anger Inu-Yasha. How dare she hang onto her like that! Who did that wind whore think she was? The witch! Inu-Yasha had rage burning in him that couldn't be put out with a mere 'sit'. Inu-Yasha's clawed fingers gripped the handle of his sword. With his mighty strength, he unseathed his giant sword with one pull. He pointed the blade at Kagura, his eyes were filled with deep anger.

"Let her go now!!" Inu-Yasha yelled, showing his fangs completly. His voice was a loud growl and his hair seemed to stand on end with hate. Miroku and the other humans looked onto him, knowing Inu-Yasha was still having trouble being so close to Shika..and that scent. It was Shika's gift..to ake demons come to her..but like all gifts...there came the times you wish it wasn't yours.

Kagura huged onto the girl tighter, her eyes growing in a fake fear.

"Did you hear that? He really wants to take me away from you..." The wind demon shook her head like a drama queen on a soap opra. Her attitude just pissed off Inu-Yasha even more.

"If I have to kill you then I will!" Inu-Yasha shouted. Inu-Yasha placed his sword in a battle ready posstion, ready to take a swing. His eyes judged the distance and what attack he could do if could get Kagura away from her..one clean swing is all her needed, without harming Shika. Yes, she must stay untouched.

The onlookers watched, all fearful for the two dogs. Sango looked on, ready to assist if it was to be. Kirara, on the other hand, was tryin to resist with all her might to run an pounce on Shika. She growed and whined. Her feet pounded on the ground and her head moved side to side as her tails swung impatiently. Sago kept her hand on her compainions head, trying to ease her desires. Kagome had simular trouble with another demon, this one much younger. She was on her knees, behind shippo, her arms wrapped around him. She held him close as the kitsune struggled to be set free. It hurt Kagome so much to strain him so, when his crys were just so pitiful. Kagome faught back her own sorrows, listening to the young kit's words.

"Let me go! She needs me..Shika needs me!! I gotta go help her! She's sad..She has to smile now! Her smile will make the world glow..She needs to smile. Let me go..I must go to her! Please just let me go..I wanna go..I wanna be by her side!" His hands reached out to her, his fingers straining to get closer with every endevor they made. Tears began to stream down Kagome's face..this was all just too cruel. A small breeze went by and Kagome's eyes widened and her tears stopped. That feeling..was it? Here? Where? Kagome let her eyes scan the area, her arms never letting the cub go. Yes. It was it was...She looked out into the battle field where Inu-Yasha and Kagura were giving each other death glares. There was a ray of light that caught her attention, but it was..oh how disgusting. How could Naraku..? To such a young child?!

"Inu-Yasha!" Kagome cried, catching a ear of the hanyou. "Theres a Shikon shard here!"

"Where?" Inu-Yasha shouted back, the others around Kagom were also a tad surprised to hear such a thing. Telling Inu-Yasha where would be proven the most difficult. At first her voice couldn't say it, but finally she had gained the courage to speak it. The cruelity given. She had to say it. For everyone..she had to tell where it was.

"It...It's in Shika. Naraku placed it behind her right eye!" Kagome yelled, the last part shivering in her mouth. Her eye..behind her eye..Inu-Yasha would haveto rip her eye out to get it. Naraku must have known that..How low..how gross. A Child's eye. Placing a shard in a child like Kohaku was just terrifing enough..but in an eye.

"That's disgusting!" Inu-Yasha shouted, his feet leaving the dirt they had been resting on. He sword placed over his shoulder, he swung down between the two girls, Kagura had to let go of Shika in order to keep her arms. Shika stayed were she was, unafraid of the action before her. Her head was tilted down her eyes still partly closed, her aura..tragic.

"What's so disgusting about it Inu-Yasha?" Kagura began to shout, Inu-Yasha swinging at her again. Kagura's feet hit the top of his balde and her body floated in the air. "Her eyes..are her source of power. Just one look into them..and you're under her spell. In order to increase the ability, we placed it where it resinates from. How is that disturbing?"

Rage was all Inu-Yasha had in his mind and heart as he called uppon the 'Wind Scar'. Kagura saw the three light blade coming her way and countered it with 'Dance of the Dragons'. Both of their attacks were sent off course, landing in some remote part of their battle field. Kagura grinned, fanning her fan out infront of her face.

"This child shall forever stay by my side. Her smell..her smile...her eyes..I must have it forever! Dance of Blades!!!" Blades of light soared in the air, aimed at the silver-haird challenger. Inu-Yasha easily avoided being hit with a slight jump to the left, the blades slashing the ground beside him. Inu-Yasha's eyes never left the attacker, his teeth clentched together in a furious rage. Kagura's smerk never left her face, or that desire for lust in her eyes.

"Try this half-mutt! Dance of Blades!" More lblades of light came Inu-Yasha's way. Her grinned, didn't she just try that? His feet left the ground as he was ment to dodge this blow as well, but he looked straight ahead. More blades had been sent for his head. Inu-Yasha ducked his head, some silk hair falling on the ground. Inu-Yasha followed the duck with a fall to the ground and then a roll for more blades came after the hair slicer. The final blade bearly missed the sleeve of his kimono and burst into the ground, forming a crater. Inu-Yasha let out a small grunt as the force sent his loyal blade out of his hands and him fflat on his face. His hands clentched the dirt under him, gruntil as he lifted his dirt infested face up.

Something caught Inu-Yash'a eye as he struggled to pull himself back up. The hem of a dress was not even two inches away from his nose. His ears perked up and his head jerked to see the owner of the hem. Yes it was her, she was so close, he could touch her. Shika, he could just snatch her now and leave, yes. Inu-Yasha looked up at her face, in this dress she was very difficult to reconize. Shika's head bent down and captured her eyes in his. She was still and silent, she made no movement to run from him, yet did't come to him. She just starred. Inu-Yasha was trapt, he couldn't feel his breath. He couldn't move, couldn't speak. All he could manage was to stare. He couldn't pull his eyes away from hers. He was drowning in this warm sensation that had come over him. The world around him was dark yet warm. No one was around, but in the distance there was a small twinkle of light. The light, yes. He must go to it. The light was so warm and calling to him. He reached out a dirty hand, his finger tips lightly touching the girl's cheek, but to him she was a glowing light that was luring him to her. Shika's head moved slightly back.

"....No...." Her voice was soft, only he could hear her. "Not you..." She slowly closed her eyes all the way and steaped back, her head bowed and ears flat. Inu-Yasha's heart skipped a beat as the light vanished and his real surrounding came into view. The warm feeling left him and the cold of the war slapped across his face.

"What the..." Inu-Yasha dropped his hand, all of his senses returning. He looked in front of him, the young girl stood. Her eyes closed, arms resting by her side with her body motionless once more. That feeling, was it just a dream? It was so warm, so peaceful, just like the smile she gave him that one time in the field. The smile that was just for him, so..relaxing. The wind blew and Inu-Yasha watched Shika's hair sway as her body made no movement. A cry was herd. Inu-Yasha turned his head sharply, his body leaving the ground. He lept and landed back on the ground on all fours as lightning streaks flew by him. Kagura stood before him, her fan open and at hand.

"How dare you touch her...I will have your head."


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Deep in the forest, one could here the starting of a battle. The ground shook and the wind was blowing hard. All the animals that infested the forest had fled for safer grounds. One group of travelers stopped and turned their heads in the direction of the battle. The smallest one waved his staff in the air in outrage.

"What is all this disruption about?!" A large gust of wind blew past them and the little man fell backwards, landing on the ground.

"Kagura..." Said the tallest and master of the group.

"OoooOoo! That battle is not far at all. Quickly was must find a safer place, or we too, may be drawn into battle." The little man said and began walking in the opposite direction of the war. He was followed by the small human child. The Lord stayed standing, listening to the wind. It was strange. Kagura's wind had never blown this way. Strange. Yet, it was not of his concern, and he too, turned his back on the wind. Then as the wind blew it carried something with it. He turned his head around and faced the forrest where the wind was heading. The small man and child stopped walking and looked over at their lord.

"What is the matter M'Lord?" The staff carrier asked.

"So..she is there too." The Lord stated, his voice as calm and collected as always with the icy tone.

"That little half-child you told us about?"

Sesshomaru stayed silent, his eyes not leaving their spot.

"I heard from the tree toads that the ahlf-breed child has pure eyes along with the most adorible smile. They say just looking at her could put you out of the worst of moods. And then her scent. They said she smelled of the most wonderful things. To be honest I wish I could have seen this 'amazing' child. Like anyone could be more amazing then M'Lord!!"

Sesshomaru still was silent, his mind faded back to the battle with Inu-Yasha. His hands, clinging to that child. Yet he found it puzzling how looking down at her and her terrified lonely face, how such a face was somehow calming him. Did she posses such power? What a strange thing.

"What's a half-breed child, Master Jaken?" The little girl asked the small man. The little man waved his staff in the air, calling her stupid for not knowing what a half-breed was.

"A Half-breed, " he began. " Is a being with a demon parent and a human parent. They posses human qualities and demon powers. But they are weaker then true demons and that is why Inu-Yasha will never defeat M'Lord!"

"Stronger then humans yet weaker then demons.." The little girl began. "So by demons they must be looked down upon by like humans are, yet by humans they must be feared and hated. So in this world of war and blood, they have no true home? They are rejected by all...." Rin hugged herself, that cold rejection. She knew it only too well, but that was just in one town. She was lucky enough that Sesshomaru had showed up in her life. She now had a safe place, but these half-breeds, are hated or feared whereever they go. There is no Lord Sesshomaru for all of them. "How sad...Rin wouldn't be afraid of a half-demon. Rin would like to meet one, maybe we could be friends. Even a half-breed should have a safe place or a person they can be safe with. Rin...really wants all half-breeds to be happy."

The little man was dumbstruck by the young girl's mature statment. He watched as the little girl held her hands together and knelt down, giving a small prayer.

The wind blew a mighty gust, the traveler's cloths all blew harshly with it. The Lord stood silently, Rin's tragic prayer was just as well flying with the wind. Or was it? His eyes looked back at the path, his hair and boa blowing in the wind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Inu-Yasha was avoiding attacks left and right. Dragons and blades soard at him without any mercy. His cloths were torn and his hands were bloody while dirt covered him completly. Kagura was laughing with a mad-man look in her eyes. She sent another Blade performance at the dog, the dog dodging that as well, bearly. When both of them gasped as they watched in horror. The very last blade sliced through the very ground Shika stood on, warm red liquid spilled into the air, but no cry was made. The battle went silent.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The wind had stopped, but carried one scent.

Blood..and He knew whos...

TBC

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok KK! I'm ending it there. I think thats a good stopping point for this chapter.

Oh what will happen?!! How far will Kagura go? What will Inu-Yasha do? Will Shika forever be a motionless doll? Will she have to loose an eye to be set free? What will Sesshomaru say, what will he do?

ALL THIS AND MORE COMING UP IN THE NEXT COUPLE CHAPTERS!

(there should be two or hree more, but I'm almost done with this story!)

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed and will come again!

REAVIEW TOO PLEASE!