InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ the calling ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's note

I know I know. I just updated this fic like two days ago or so. Well I got bored again one mornng and decided to do another chapter. I decided this fan fic due to it wouldn't take me as long and besides, it is just starting to get good. Of course..this one will most likely have the worst cliffy ending I've done in a long time. Then starting June 19th I'll be away at a pre-college program. I'll be polishing my art and creative writting skills. When I return I hope to be tiwce as a good artist and writter. So for about four weeks I wont update anything at all.....T^T. So I'm trying to update as much as I can before I leave. I hope you enjoy this next chapter of 'I am Who I am'.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The Calling

The silence was broken by a scream from Kagome. Sango placed her quivering hand over her mouth as Miroku stood, dumbstruck. Shippo, still held by Kagome, tries to be free once again. Tears poured from his eyes, his thin hands reaching out to the girl, hoping to touch her, to catch her. He reached hard, his eyes watching the girl begin to fall to he rknees. He couldn't catch her, he couldn't stop her fall. Her eyes were opened slightly, grey and empty, sweat covered her face, her cloths wrapped around her body as her hair did the sae to her face. Her head tilted up at the sky, it getting farther and farther away from her. She grasped her left arm tightly, blood flowing from her fingertips and her beautiful kimono appearal sliced and stained with crimson red and dirt. Her knees hit the ground and her body gives away to her wieght and she collapses on the floor, face smeared with mud. She bleeds, falls, crys silently and alone. Her body once again motionless.

Shippo saw. Saw it all as her being gave in to pain. She too, couldn't handle the feeling that war give, she too shed blood that didn't need to be shed. But she did and that was her punishment for being what she was.

Shippo's hand never fell from wanting to get to her, yearing to reach her, to help her. Yet, he couldn't stop her, couldn't save her. He knew it, still, he yearned to be by her side. It didn't matter what she was or could do, the only thing that mattered, the only thing he knew was tat he wished to be by her side. He had to go there. He yanksed his body once again forward, Kagome's grip holding him back. No, even Kagome couldn't stop him for getting to what he wanted. Shippo opened his mouth and without a second thought, let them go down against Kagome's fair skin, piercing her. Kagome let out a small cry and released the young kit, cletching onto her own hand. Shippo didn't take a moment lazily. He lept from her reach and began his sprint to Shika's fallen body, only to be pinned by Miroku's wieght. The young kitsune hissed as he was sat on my a heavy breathing monk.

"Now, Now Shippo, it is too dangerus over there little guy..." The Monk said cooingly. The cub gripped dirt in his hand, grolwing. "Look at you..you bit Kagome..bad Shippo." Miroku took his staff and whacked him on the head once, Shippo lettling out a grunt. That almost hurt as bad as Inu-Yasha's punches..almost. Shippo tilted his head back and looked back at Kagome, she held her hand to herself, a small river of blood falling down, her eyes showed the pain she felt inside. Shippo grunted again and stares at the girl he longed to be next too.

Inu-Yasha, left his moment of still shock, angry at Shippo.

"I'll kill you, Shippo!!!" Miroku rolled his eyes, 'oh dear'. Inu-Yasa grunted again and looked at the fallen girl behind him. First he had to get her out and to safety, away from Kagura. Kagura gasped and squealed, hands over her moth and eyes wide and trembling.

"My baby!!! Look what you made me do flee bag!" Kagura shouted at Inu-Yasha, who in return, pointed a finger and began yelling as well. The onlookers just starred, this could take a while. Sango looked at the fallen girl and then at a worried Kirara. Could Kirara swoop down and get her before Kagura noticed and attacked? Was it worth the risk to try? Sago placed a hand on the head of her loving friend. Sango was surprised when Kirara's ears perked and her head swung in the direction of the battle. Sango turned her head to see what she was looking at.

Shika laid still on the ground, her vacant eyes starrign out, not seeing, until four black feet stood infron of her. Shika's eyes moved wearily up to see more of the being before her. It was a tall brown and gorgious creature. The great being took as must intrest in her as she did him. The creature shook his head, great mighty horns standing tall on his head. He leaned his head down his long nuzzle rubbing against her face. His nose smelling her hair and gentle lips curling around her silver ears, nibbling with sweet affection.

Kagura was furious at this mere animal near 'her' doll.

"Stupid beast!" She screamed, begining to charge at the unwanted creature. She was haulted, her chest running into the side of a large blade. She turned her had in fury, seeing just as angry eyes set on her. Golden eyes that raged with fire. Inu-Yasha held is sword tightly, refusing to allow her passage.

"You will not go to her again..." Inu-Yasha growled, Kagura smerked, up for the task.

"Very well...I'll just despose of you first!" Kagur swung her fan at his head, slicing his cheak as he moved his head to the side. Inu-Yasha clenched his teeth as a folded up fist flung itself at Kagura smashing against her head. The two starred at each other, giving death glares. Until Kagura made another charge attack, putting herself and Inu-Yasha in another brutal battle.

The creaturepaid little attention to the battle, though from time to time looked over just to make sure he was safe. Shika lifted her crimson covered hand up in the air. She lightly rested her eary fingers on the being's great nose. The great creature's ears flapped and starred at Shika with his black crystal eyes. Shika's small mouth made a small smile as her eyes clsed again her hand falling from the beings face. A war cry from Kagura and a shout from Inu-Yasha rang throughout the land, the great beast raising his head and then dashing away from the battle. It ran deeper into the forest, taking her freedom with her. Never again would she see it again.

Kagura pushed her fan down upon Inu-Yasha, he stopping it inches from his face with his blade. Inu-Yasha pushed up, trying to get the monster of a girl off of him as she pushed him deeper into the earth. Wind blew, opposing Inu-Yasha small cuts forming on his face and hands, small trickles of blood falling down. Kagura's eyes were wide wiht anticipation as her teeth were showing from her large grin.

"Die..." More wind slices were cutting Inu-Yasha when the ground began to shake. Inu-Yasha, caught offguard, was taken advantage of by Kagura. She took the chance from the earth quake to smack him across the head with her razor sharp fan. Inu-Yasha fell backwards, falling to the ground, blood dripping down his head. He grunted as he tried to raise himself up, the groundbegining to shake even more. Kagura ran over to Shika, picking her up by her waist with one hand. Shika leaned over her arm, hands hanging down like a dead girls.

"Sounds like it's time for us to be on our way." She said as she plucked a feather out of her hair and enlarged it. Inu-Yasha opened an eye , only to see the land surrounded by demons of all shapes and sizes.

"What the-"

"I guess these will do..." Kagura said. She smerked and petted the silent girl's head, "Good job."

Kagome gasped as demons stood next to her, many of them licking their lips all eyeing Kagura's hold. Miroku looked around, he understood. He waved his staff to get Kagura's attention.

"Kagura! Is it Naraku's plan to lure more demons to him with Shika?" He asked, the wind demon smiling again.

"Yes. More demons for a new body....Why should he force them to fight each other when he can simply lure them. Besides..." The wind gushed passed the crowd and demons as Kagura soared up in the air with the young girl. "..if I do what he says..I can keep her." Kagura nuzzled the girl's head. Inu-Yasha growled and stood up with little trouble.

"That's disgusting." He said, putting the tip of his sword into the ground and leaning down on it for support. His right eyes closed andcovered in his own blood, his breath heavy. Kagura just grinned at his pathetic state.

"Too bad. Lets go, Dear...." Shika's eyes opened slightly once again, hallow, spirit gone. She lifts her head slowly, starring out into the field of demons. Her eyes set on something. The wind blew her messy hair into her face. Her eyes began to open more as a fragile hand moved away from Kagura, reaching out.

Inu-Yasha was silent along with the others. Shippo whined, who was she reaching to? He wanted to help her so bad, but this goon was on him. Shippo then herd a gasp and turned his head in the direction of Kagome. She sat down on the ground, looking up. The rest of the group turned to see what she saw. Beside Kagome stood a being in white cloth, covered in rich ribons and decorations. Silver hair blew in the wind. "Sesshomaru...." Kagome whispered to herself. The Lord had his head raised, starring up at the sky and the wind demon. He watched the feather begin to rise in the air and the demons fallowing, shaking the ground as they walked.

The young girl reached out her other hand, bloody and torn. Her eyes full of despair and desire. Tears began to stream down her face in large amounts.

"D-Daddy... Help...It hurts...Please..Daddy...Help..."


TBC

OhKay that's the end of this chapter. I love these kind of endings, there so much fun to do! Well that's all I have for now, hopefully I'll be able to put up another chapter before I leave, I should probably do another 'Help Me' chapter too.

I have also come to the conclusion that I suck at action scenes....>.> I myself prefer the deep thought of pain and misery and learning about yourself in writting. I think thats why I'm so into dramatic crap. I love to cry..ok that sounded wierd. V.v oh well.....

While I was tiping this chapter I was listening to a really good song..I think it kind of went with this story line too... It was called "Beautiful Goodbye" by Amanda Marshall. If you haven't herd it, I hight recomend it truly is a beautiful song.

Oh just incase no one got the mighty creature part, it was supposed to be a Deer. The great prince of the forest, who ran, taking all the freedon Shika would ever see with him...kinda sad. That part and the whole reaching out to Sesshomaru really went with the line "Nothing lasts forever but we always try and I always wonder why we let it pass us by. When I see you now I wonder how I could have watched you walk away, if I let you down, please forgive me now and my beautiful goodbye..and sometimes I cry..it's a fools lallabye.." Oh i just can't tell you enough how good that song is!

Well anyway I hope you enjoyed it and will REVIEW PLEASE!

See ya at the next update.