InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ take me home ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's note
 
I haven't updated this in FOREVER! Forgive me I am a sad excuse for a writer!
 
Well anyway, enough groveling. This will be the final chapter of this fanfiction. Yes, I said final, once this is posted I wont post anything again under this fiction. So take your time when you read it, no need to rush enjoy the moment… ^^
 
All I can say is, I do believe my writing has gotten better through my year of posting fanfiction, this was my second one I've ever done, `The horror' was my first and it was a gravitation comedy.
 
I hope you like it and please review after you've read so I know what you all think of it. I do have a sequel planned out for it, but I won't post it if ppl dun want it.
 
Thank you again for reading
 
Take me home
 
 
He had turned her down more than once, abandoned her many a time. He shot her down with his icy stare, but all that meant nothing. Seeing him there was all the comfort in the world to her. With arms stretched out, she yearned for him. She watched as he grew smaller and smaller, the wind ruffling her hair against her numb face. Her body ached, her skin bled but her eyes did not lave him. His own eyes did not falter, his golden gaze was set. He was looking at her, noticing her, thinking of her. What more could she want now? She closed her eyes as her silent words rolled down her cheeks.
 
 
The pressure around her changed, the air morphed as all the restraint on her vanished and she felt gravity take affect on her. She opened her eyes slightly, her hands and body before her, eyes looking at the sky. The feather she was on with the witch was gone, shredded into tiny particles of nothingness. That man, claws red, removed his hand from the wind's chest. Silent gags were formed as the wind witch fell, just like she herself did.
 
 
That man rescued her. The one she has always dreamed of calling `father'. Shika closed her eyes once again, her mind content and her altitude dropping. She felt a sudden jerky tug on her loose arm. Warm, the feeling of warmth and softness was all around her. She reached a weak arm up to her face, her hand clinging to the furred pelt, a stiff arm holding her in place.
 
 
There was a small thud and a long slide as the demon lord landed safely on the ground. He stood tall over the land, looking at the puny demons Shaka's eye had called. He watched Inu-Yasha tear away at them with his `great' fang.
 
Sesshomaru turned his nose up at the petty battle, there was no need for him to be near such a pathetic war. He stopped suddenly and turned his head only to see that brown twisted roots were fallowing him. Without a moment of hesitation, he placed the young girl on the ground by him. Then he pulled out his claws, his golden whip slashing from his hand to the roots, which were easily sliced. Sesshomaru stood by the sitting child, his clawed hand bared, knowing another attack would come.
 
A thick fog of Miasma approached him, and a character stood within it. The demon lord narrowed his eyes.
 
Naraku stood before him, his armor large and `roots' showing. Shesshomaru's eyes shifted from Naraku to the path he had come from. Naraku chuckled,
 
“Here they come. The slaves for my new body.”
 
Naraku stood correct, directly behind him, herds of slithering demons appeared, all desiring the same thing. Inu-Yasha not too farm from him.
 
“Naraku, you bastard!” Demons ran past the hanyou, not caring if they hit them, throwing him off his balance, all the demons going to their target. Sesshomaru stood ready, but Naraku slid himself between him and the demons.
 
“Finally.” Naraku said, a smirk glued to his face. Naraku opened up his roots, showing the deep dark void within him. His body began sucking in his demon prey. Inu-Yasha stabbed his sword into the ground, holding himself in place as screaming demons were dragged beyond salvation.
 
As the last of the last were absorbed, Naraku gave his attention to the two behind him.
 
“I no longer have any need of you. You poor pathetic creature. In so much pain, not wanted by either side of the world. I should just put you out of your misery now…”
 
“Like hell!!” Inu-Yasha pulled out his sword from the soil and swung it over his shoulder, his legs taking him to his own target. Naraku gave him an amused glance, demon roots stretching out to him. Inu-Yasha sliced the ones that came head on, but his luck stuck out and the ones from under him clutched and held him tightly in a wooden cocoon. Inu-Yasha gagged as the Tetsuiaga was released from his fingers, in horror his arm stretched out for the handle as the mighty sword shriveled into the pathetic mortal blade. He released an irritated growl as the roots closed in on him completely, but the one arm that vainly desired the sword.
 
Naraku smirked and his extra roots went towards Sesshomaru, who calmly leapt out of the way. The roots changed their direction and delayed their attack on Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru glared as he put might in a swift glide toward the roots and their new target, Shika. One thick root reached out farther and faster than the others, the powerful lord swayed his hand in the air, his demonic slash striking the root, splitting it in half. A slight change on Sesshomaru's expression occurred as the front end of the root planted itself in Shika's face; the sliced end protruding from her right eye. Shika's normal eye was open wide, tears on the border.
 
At that small moment, a thin root wrapped itself around the ankle of the great lord, throwing him off his stance. A golden whip attacked the branch, smashing it as others crowded around him. He clawed at the branches that just kept coming, trapped in a never ending maze.
 
Shika silently gasped for air, the wiggling branch injected in her eye. The feeling of pain was unexplainable, the grinding in her skull would cause anyone to go mad in seconds. She lifted her trembling hands, her shaking fingers curling around the intruder. Without a pause, she pulled out the parasite. The twig fell to the ground twitching, piercing a lifeless small round moist object and a light glow at its tip.
 
Shika immediately covered her face with her hands; blood gushed from her finger crevasses, poured from her socket and splashed on the ground in great puddles. Her fingers curled around her forehead, her lungs letting out a piercing scream; a scream that sent horror into the hearts of those who herd it. A cry of true agony, pain, and complete suffering.
 
Naraku grimaced from the sound, and sent another root at her for her permanent silence. Sesshomaru growled and cleared away a small path. Both demons were forced to stop in their tracks as a displeasing sound came from behind them. Naraku's wooden sphere as shredded away in one deadly swing, splinters of wood flying in the air. A hunched over Inu-Yasha stood before him, his breathing as harsh as a growl. Sesshomaru and Naraku both had no need to sniff the air, they knew what had occurred. Inu-Yasha lifted his body up, eyes blood red and purple demon marks across his cheeks. A smirk appeared on his face as he cracked his knuckles. With a growl, he blindly charged at the spider demon, who easily escaped the `little' scratch attempt. Naraku opened up his roots and sprayed Miasma at Inu-Yasha, which slowed his movements for a moment. Naraku chuckled and left the demons, leaving no trace of him behind. When the Miasma cleared Inu-Yasha had his sights on a new prey. Sesshomaru stood between him and Shika, who had simply passed out from her great pain. He wrapped his hand around the Tokijin, prepared for the lost hanyou's attack.
 
 
Inu-Yasha growled and charged at the only demons around him. Sesshomaru drew out the Tokijin and swung it down at the beast. Great power forced itself on the hanyou, slicing skin wherever it touched. Blood splattered on the ground as the dog demon was flung backwards. Inu-Yasha soon recovered after hitting the ground and starred at Sesshomaru.
 
“Inu-Yasha SIT!!!!”
 
Inu-Yasha found himself face first in the ground. His head soon lifted from the ground angry.
 
“What the hell was that for!!”
 
Kagome and the others came running to him, struggling up the hill. Kagome yelled at the cursed hanyou as Miroku and Sango retrieved his sword.
 
Sesshomaru took this time to silently pick up the wounded pup, pressing her injured side tightly against his pelt, protecting the gash from infection. His hand held her tight as a small cloud formed under his feet. He slowly rose with grace as he deserted the scene from below.
 
Shippo ran to where he had taken off from the ground. He starred up at them, his feet in something wet. He looked down to see a giant river of blood under his feet. He gasped and quickly fell back away from it all. He soon herd a familiar sound from above and watched one of Naraku's insects fly down to a part of one of his roots and pick up the glowing tainted shard and then fly off. Shippo took a look at the root and immediately ran away from it; he clung to Kagome's leg, gaining all of their attention. Tears poured down his cheeks as others looked for the demon lord and the little half breed.
 
-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Two weeks later
 
 
Kagome huffed as she came out from the well, her large yellow bag bigger than last week. Inu-Yasha complained about the needs of a woman and was sat for that.
 
 
Inu-Yasha picked up her bag and carried it over his shoulder as he escorted her back to the village. It had been two weeks and no one had seen or smelled Sesshomaru or Shika. Shippo was still terribly upset at the loss of his dear friend, but was starting to become active again with the village children. Inu-Yasha had the appearance that nothing bothered him, but Kagome saw his signs of moping at night.
 
Kagome laughed and playfully hit Inu-Yasha's arm for the comment made, when a flash of color caught her eye. She waved Inu-Yasha on to the village, he was reluctant to go at first but then left when she said it was a `women's business' thing.
 
 
Kagome left with a small wrapped gift in her hands she had retrieved from the bag Inu-Yasha carried. She fallowed the color until a girl was in plain view that she knew.
 
Rin turned around as she herd her name being called, her arms full of flowers. Kagome kneeled down beside the young girl. With a smile, Kagome handed her the handkerchief wrapped gift. Rin took it silently, and then thanked her for it.
 
“It's a gift for Shika. Make sure to give it to her, ok? Thanks.” Kagome said as Rin began to undo the tie. Inside it was a strange eyewear. It had black handles and black oval centers. Kagome giggled as she watched a confused Rin try to figure it out. Kagome took them from her hands and placed them on Rin's face.
 
“They are called sunglasses. I figured if Shika can't look at a demon without doing damage, maybe an indirect look will make her life easier.”
 
Rin gave her a grin and hugged Kagome. She thanked her wildly, and told Kagome how Lord Sesshomaru wouldn't allow Shika to even open her eyes. The two girls talked for a bit, until both could feel the heated gaze from their dog demons if they stayed any longer. They both departed, giving giant waves of goodbye. Kagome returned to Inu-Yasha and Rin ran through the forest until…
 
Rin stopped in her tracks when she herd a small scream and saw a small thin body fall down into a puddle of blood. Rin's smile faded as he saw her new `sister' sitting is crimson liquid that came from the giant boar demon behind her. A white bandage was wrapped around her face, covering both eyes, now stained with blood both her own and the boar's. Sesshomaru stood over her.
 
“I will not be caught having a hanyou around me, especially one with my scent. You will smell like a demon and act like one. You will smell of nothing but demon blood, which will hide your human side.”
 
Sesshomaru turned his head towards Rin.
 
“What is that Rin?” He asked and Rin came up to him.
 
“Miss Kagome gave it to me to give to Shika…It goes on her face over the eyes.” She tried to explain to the best of her understanding. Sesshomaru reached his hand out for it and Rin gently placed the item in his palm.
 
 
The end
 
 
That is where it ends….! That is the conclusion to I am who I am. I'd like to thank all the readers that stuck with me for a whole YEAR!!!! I couldn't have finished it without you guys! T.T (hugs)!!!
 
Well thank you again, and please review. If a sequel is to be posted I want to know if it will be approved or not, so review!
 
Thanks again.