InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Didn't Mean To ❯ I Didn't Mean To ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Just a one-shot that I decided to release. It's primarily InuyashaKagome based. Full Summary Inside. It's my first one-shot so be nice okay.
 
 
Summary: Every time I get into a fight or get really mad at someone, Kagome dies. It's not that I have anything against her. I really don't It's just that…I don't know. This is going to sound crazy but every time I'm mad, there's a voice in my head saying, “Kill Kagome.” So I do. Here's the result I guess.
 
 
I Didn't Mean To
 
 
They didn't have a fight. It had nothing to do with Kikyo. She had been gone for a long time. He had no idea what had possessed him to do such a thing. Still, he had done it. With his own two hands, Inuyasha had killed Kagome. It was just a moment of rage, sparked by nothing in particular. He knew that he would regret it when they found out. They being his friends.
 
 
Sango. Strong and beautiful. Yet he wasn't attracted to her. She was more of like a sister to him. She had long since gotten over the loss of her brother ant Naraku's hands. They had buried him under Goshinboku. Sango and Kagome had been close. Sister by everything but blood. He knew for a fact that Sango would try and avenge Kagome's death and Miroku would help her.
 
 
Ah, Miroku. Even after his marriage to Sango and the battle with Naraku, he never could stop his hands from wandering. Though that may be true, he always made sure that Sango was the only place his hands made his way to. Miroku had always been extremely protective of Kagome. Inuyasha hated to think of what he would do if he found out the he, Inuyasha killed Kagome.
 
 
Last but not least, Shippo. Inuyasha had often been annoyed by him. Most of the time, it annoyed Inuyasha how right he had been about many things, Kagome in particular. As much as he hated to admit it, he had learned many things from Shippo. Which is why he was so reluctant to tell them about Kagome's death, and especially what had caused it? The kit would probably take it the hardest and most likely would never speak to him again.
 
 
None of them would, he realized. He noticed the sun had gone down. Looking down at Kagome, he noticed the blood had long dried, leaving a red spot where her heart was. Even after her death, he miko powers had healed the skin around her wound, giving the illusion that she was only sleeping. The only indication that she was no longer alive was her skin color. It was a very pale, almost white color.
 
 
“I'm sorry, Kagome. I didn't mean to. I loved you.” He whispered, falling onto his knees next to her still form. His hand ripped out the grass around him as he sobbed over her. He felt a cold hand touch his face. Still, he was even more shocked when he opened his eyes and found her brown ones staring at him. “Kagome? Are you-?”
 
 
“No.” She cut in. “I'm not alive, but my reincarnation is. I want you to find her, Inuyasha. She is in my time and she is waiting for you. Don't keep her waiting for long.” And with that, her eyes closed and this time, Inuyasha knew that they would not open again.
 
 
“I'll find her, Kagome.”
 
 
Inuyasha buried Kagome next to Kohaku, under the Goshinboku, after which, he jumped into the well and set off to find Kagome's reincarnation. “This time, I'll do it right.” He promised himself.
 
 
END