InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Envy You ❯ A School Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I Envy You

*~*~*

^_^ Sorry about lack of updates... hee hee... I was grounded... Anyway, Miroku and Sango make an appearance here! ^_^

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha or INVU or any of the brands mentioned here.

*~*~*

Chapter Two

A School Day

I woke up to some bunny alarm clock that was spouting something like, "Good morning." I felt so groggy, like I didn't even want to get up. Too bad it was an actual school day. I hate them sometimes. Something clicked in my head, that school assembly is today. I'm not as surprised as I usually am when I realize an assembly is about to start. Why? Because I was late into the night organizing my desk.

Wait a minute... This isn't even my house! I quickly got out of bed to the nearest shower. I needed to get in and out of it quickly as possible before... Kohaku could. Who knew how long he could last in one... not only that, but I'm a girl if you haven't noticed yet. I really don't want some strange boy walking in on me in the shower.... Would you?

I felt so nervous while I quickly showered up. Wouldn't you? I mean, I was in a strange house, using someone else's shower. Really nervous. Suddenly, I heard the bathroom door open, and I froze. Guess who walked in.

Kohaku just merely walked to the bathroom medicine cabinet, as I quickly tried covering myself with the shower curtain. I noticed that he dyed bright orange highlights in his hair.

"So that's where I left my contact lenses," He murmured, grabbing something - obviously contact lenses - and walking out. I glared in his direction.

"Jerk!" I growled out, then froze again when the door opened. Kohaku popped his head in.

"33A cup," He said, and walked out. I narrowed my eyes.

"HEY!!!!" I screamed.

*~*~*

I was lucky to get to school on time. Meja's house is so far away from it. Still, I was lucky I still got to go to my old school. All my friends are there... as well as Inu Yasha. To tell the truth, I don't have anything against him. He's just... some kind of thug legend or something.

I reached my homeroom, and saw Rin at her desk. She motioned for me to move closer, and she whispered, "Guess what? They're dating. Inu Yasha and Kikyou. She called me yesterday, and they've already kissed!"

That's Kikyou's best subject, Flirting 101! Hmph. What's so great about dating a thug? He's definitely not my type. Besides, we're from totally different worlds. I noticed him look over at me, and I looked away.

But he's definitely better than that jerk, Kohaku! I thought, angrily. Just because I'm living in his house, he thinks he can take advantage of me! Whatever! What a rude personality. Just wait, Kohaku! I'll have my revenge!! I started cackling evilly in the hallway, even though the kids in the hall gave me odd looks. Who cares?

*~*~*

I was on my way to class when a boy in my journalism club, Hojou, came up to greet me.

"Kagome! Kagome Higurashi!" He called. I turned to see him follow me upstairs. "You're just the person I was looking for! Are you going to the station? Yura kinda has a bad cold. I was thinking... maybe you could take over for her and do the morning news?" I grinned. It was the best news all morning!! I quickly agreed, and we walked together to the Journalism room.

Guess the first person we bumped into? Yura, of course. She's a third year in high school, and she's the original announcer for the morning and afternoon news. Since I'm just a first year, I haven't really expected to do something like this, but I'll do it!

"What happened, Hojou-san? I thought you were going to get someone to stand in for me! You said you were going to ask a junior or senior girl!" Yura snorted when she saw Hojou give me the script for the news.

"The third-years are on duty," Hojou replied. "So I brought Kagome, she's going to be the announcer for today."

"You're going to have a first-year student give the morning news?! She doesn't even have any experience!" Yura's croaky voice squeaked. Naraku Onigumo, another boy in the Journalism club, grinned.

"She was an announcer in junior high, Yura," He said. Yura glared at him, and sneezed on him. "Yuck! Get away, germ-bag! I don't wanna catch your cold!!"

I ignored the two of them when Hojou gave me the instructions.

"Here's the script, you can do it, right?" He asked. I just beamed and nodded.

"I think so, I've watched Yura..." I drifted off, and was pushed in front of the microphone that was hooked up to all of the intercoms in the classrooms. Fear is my one true enemy now.

"Get ready!" Hojou said.

"April 16. This is the morning broadcast."

*~*~*

-Writer's Point of View-

*~*~*

Miroku walked casually in the teacher's lounge, wearing a normal suit. A few other teachers had arrived late, as well.

"Hm... the voice of the morning news is different. I wonder who it is?" One teacher, Kaede-sensei, asked, as she pulled out her lesson plans. "She's good."
"Oh, hey, Mr. Houshi," Another teacher said, seeing Miroku walk in.

"Ohayo, Toto-sai," Miroku greeted, smiling brightly. Seeing Toto-sai's annoyed facial expression, he asked, "What's the matter?"

"There's a problem with a transfer student," Toto-sai answered.

"Is this transfer student in my room?" Miroku asked. Toto-sai shook his head.

"Nah, next door. Looks like some pretty boy," Toto-sai answered. Miroku walked through the doors of the teacher's lounge to the main office to see a student with long black hair with orange highlights, in a normal boy's uniform. But... Miroku remembered this student.

"Change your hair color immediately! I don't know how it was at your old school, but it's not allowed here!" The student's teacher scolded the student. "I don't want one rotten apple to spoil the rest of the class!"

"Sango...? Sango Taijiya?" Miroku whispered, not noticing that he was staring at the student.

"Follow me," The teacher said. "If you come like that again tomorrow, I'll personally cut your hair off!"

"Sango Taijiya? Sango... it's you, isn't it?" Miroku asked.

"Huh? Mr. Houshi, do you know Ms. Taijiya here?" The teacher asked. Sango glared at Miroku for a minute.

"I'm sorry but I don't know you," She said, curtly.

"Ms. Taijiya!" Sango's teacher scolded. "Show some respect when you're talking with a teacher!" Miroku watched Sango Taijiya and her teacher walk to her classroom, as he thought, I'm positive that's Sango... but why is she dressed like a boy?

"Hey, Toto-sai, why is she dressed like that?" Miroku asked.

"She has a severe scar running down her leg, so her parents didn't want her to wear a skirt. It's been approved. Do you really know her?" Toto-sai asked. Miroku ignored the old teacher, his mind lost in thought, and left for his own classroom.

*~*~*

"Attention! All together, now!" Miroku announced.

"Ohayo gozaimasu!" The class chorused. Miroku grinned at his homeroom, his eyes running over all of the students - including the girls involved in the "Miroku Houshi Fan Club".

"It looks like this class has received the most warnings from the hall monitors," He announced. "Can you all try to make an effort so that I don't look like I'm negligent?" He grinned, especially when he noticed all of the girls involved in the "M.H.F.C." nod at the same time.

One student, in particular, wasn't paying any attention to what the teacher said, just watching him amazedly. That student? Kagome Higurashi.

'One of the many reasons why I didn't move to Italy with mom... Miroku Houshi...' She smiled, as if in a daze, and grinned when she heard Miroku say, "Kagome Higurashi! Good job with the morning news!" Kagome felt like blushing. 'At least they don't know my secret!'

She and Miroku had known each other since they were little. And that was about how long she had a crush on him. Did he know? Of course not! Did anyone else know about how long she knew Miroku? No way! She'd die on the spot! She mentally shook her head, and tried to study for her next class.

*~*~*

After their homeroom, Kagome and Rin were walking past the girls' restroom when...

"Hey, Kagome! Look at that dude's hair!" Rin exclaimed. Kagome looked up to see the totally recognizable Kohaku's long black hair and orange highlights (a/n- sounds like a certain girl Miroku knows....).

"That jerk!!" Kagome yelled.

"Why is he a jerk...?" Rin asked.

"You know that annoying son I have to live with...? He's it," Kagome answered, looking away from Kohaku for a few minutes. After all, she could just glare all she wanted to at him later at home.

"What, really?!" Rin exclaimed. Then she said something that Kagome couldn't believe. "You're so lucky, you get to live with such a cute guy!"

"LUCKY?! What are you talking about?! He's got such a rotten personality! Just this morning..." Kagome stopped, her cheeks flushing. She wasn't going to tell even her friends what happened in the bathroom that morning!

"What... what happened this morning?" Rin asked.

"Never mind," Kagome said, still bright red. Suddenly, the smell of smoke hit their nostrils. Some other girls noticed it, too.

"Who's smoking so early in the morning?!" A girl in their science class, Yuka, exclaimed. Suddenly, the girls' restroom door opened. Rin and Kagome's jaws dropped when they saw the person who walked out.

Kohaku. Just. Walked. Out.

After the shock worn off, Rin and Kagome started coughing at the amount of smoke in the air.

"HEY! Don't you think you've gone too far?! This is the girl's restroom!!" Kagome exclaimed at Kohaku.

"So? You have a problem with a girl using the girls' restroom?" Kohaku asked, smirking as he - ahem... or she - walked to his/her class.

*~*~*

During lunch, Kagome opened hers up to see a lovely feast laid out for her. Usually she bought her lunch.

"What's going on, Kagome?" Eri, a friend of hers, asked. "You never bring your lunch!"

"Who made it? It can't possibly be your mom," Rin said. She knew Kagome's mom well. "It looks good, though." Eri poked through the food for a little bit with a clean chopstick - Kagome made sure it was clean - and found a note.

"Ooh! A note!"

"Where?" Rin and Kagome asked, in unison.

"Dear Kagome, I hope you like the lunch. Eat it and keep up your strength. Have fun at school! ~ Meja," Eri read.

"Kagome, your so lucky!" Rin said, taking a little bit of the sashimi from the box. (a/n- gomen, but I'm not very good with knowing Japanese dishes. I basically know ramen, curry, sashimi, and oden. x_X)

Kagome was wondering about the note. How could a woman so nice produce such a spiteful child? (Kagome wasn't bothering with genders. It was confusing her too much.) But her mother... never there, never wondering about her own daughter... producing such a nice, good girl? The world was unfair.

'But if I have lunches like this more often, I can deal with how unfair it is!' She thought, eating her lunch.

*~*~*

During P.E., while Kagome was ready to play a little basketball with a few other girls, Miroku walked out, and called out.

"Kagome!" Just that one word caught Kagome's attention. She smiled and ran up to Miroku, not noticing the group of boys watching her every move. Particularly one skater boy, with black hair and violet eyes. "If you're not busy, can you meet with me after school?"

"I'm not busy at all!" Kagome said, a little enthusiastically. She felt her heart thumping in her chest, as she walked back to the basketball court.

"Hey, guys, don't you think Kagome's the hottest girl in our class?" One boy, Ginta, asked.

"Don't go there, Ginta. She might be pretty, but she don't like guys. No matter how much you try, she won't bite. She's been like that since junior high," Another boy said. Inu Yasha over heard their entire conversation.

"Lots of guys like her though, but she's such an ice queen," Another boy entered the conversation.

"I think she likes Mr. Houshi," The second boy said.

"Is Kagome a member of the Miroku Houshi Fan Club too? Damn, what's so special about him!?" Ginta asked. Inu Yasha was now fully interested in the girl called Kagome.

*~*~*

A/n- x_X So tired... but must answer questions... or reviews...

Anti [.] Poptarts - Yea, this is a total Inu/Kag fic, although it might seem like a Kag/Miroku or a Inu/Kik for a few chapters.

~Sweet*Tooth~ - Arigatou!! Your review was so nice!! ^_^ Hope you like this chapter!

Thank you, Moon Kitsune and animebaby08060!!