InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Have To Do What? ❯ (Chapter1) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey! This is my first fan fic, so I need a lot of reviews so I know how I'm doing. I hope you like it!

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of it's charactors.

"Mother, do I have to?" Asked a young girl. Her long black hair was swept back in a ponytail, and her brown eyes looked pleadingly at her mother.

"Yes, your father is the king, and he wants this so it is going to happen. You have to marry him one day." The Queen told her oldest daughter sternly.

"But mother, he's mean to me. I think he hates me. I don't see you arranging Sango's marriages! Sango gets to do whatever she wants!" The little girl yelled, talking about her younger sister. Her sister was two years younger then her, and at the tender age of seven.

"Sango isn't the heir, you are. You get to marry the prince, so be happy. You get to live a happy life while he does all the work. Don't you want that?" Her mother asked daring her to say no.

Kagome took the dare, "NO! I want to earn my living and I want to marry someone I love."

"Love? You want to marry someone you LOVE? Kagome dare, you're going to be queen, and you are going to marry Prince Inuyasha. That is final!" the queen said with all her royal dignity, then pointed Kagome toward her room.

Kagome ran towards her room crying, slamming the door behind her. 'No one can tell me what to do, not even mother. I'm going to run away and never look back. Sango will make a good queen.' With that Kagome packed her bags and sneaked out of the castle. She stole her mothers favorite horse and got out of there as fast as she could. The last thing she saw were the guards trying to catch her, but her horse was too fast.

Many miles away a young boy sat on his bed thinking over what his father had just told him. His older brother Shesshomaru was already married to Princess Rin, so why did he have to get married? The only reason he was picked was because he was the only prince around Princess Kagome's age, and he didn't like it. Being a half-demon meant that everyone in his kingdom of demons hated him, and he knew that it would be the same in the kingdom of humans. 'I refuse to go, I won't. I'll run away and never look back.' Just like Kagome, Inuyasha packed his bag and took his fathers favorite horse. (a/n, so alike, he he he) Inuyasha fled the castle and didn't even look back once. He had no reason to look back. His mother was dead, and his step mother hated him for being half-demon. His brother also hated him, and his father was the only one who ever talked to him.

Once he reached the border of his country he started to slow down so the horse wouldn't get too tired. He went along until he reached a village well inside the third country on this land. The village looked like any other village, and the first thing he did was look for the head of the village. In this village it seemed to be an old miko, and everyone pointed to her when he asked who to talk to.

When he arrived at her hut he went in to see that she already had a guest. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have barged in, I will come back later." He said politely, on his best behavior.

"Oh, no, it's perfectly all right. I was just speaking with this young girl about what I believe your going to ask me. Come, let us all talk together. I am Miko Kaede." Kaede said, as she motioned for Inuyasha to sit.

Inuyasha was happy to sit down and talk, hoping to be allowed to stay in the village. He turned to the young girl and asked, "What's your name?"

"I am Higorashi Kagome. What's your name?" she asked, all smiles.

Inuyasha was shocked. 'That's the name of the girl I was supposed to marry.' In reply Inuyasha just answered her, "My name is Inuyasha."

Now it was Kagome's turn to be shocked. 'That's the name of the boy I was supposed to marry!' The only one who noticed the looks they were giving each other