InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Have To Do What? ❯ (Chapter3) ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha

Chapter 3

The next thing to be thrown at them was an apple, and it was headed straight for Kagome. Inuyasha grabbed her around the waist and pulled her out of the way. Before Kagome knew what was going on a ring had been formed around them. The angry mob was throwing fruit at them, and the both knew they were in trouble.

"What do you want? What did we do?" Kagome cried desperately.

"That's not going to work, they want me out of here. They want you gone because you're with me." Inuyasha told her, trying to keep most of the fruit away from her.

Inuyasha looked around, trying to find a way out. 'If we don't get out of here soon, they might hurt us.' He thought. Just then he saw an opening. There was a row of little kids watching, and it was low enough for him to jump over without hurting anyone. He knew Kagome would never forgive him if he did something to the people. 'Wait, why do I care what she thinks? Oh, too bad, I'll think about that once were out of trouble.'

"Kagome, climb onto my back, I'm going to get us out of here." He told her, facing away from her so that she could get on.

"OK, but how are we going to get out?" she asked, climbing onto his back.

"Just be quite." He growled, then jumped over the little kids. Kagome held on tighter as they started going faster and faster towards the woods. Inuyasha ran at his fastest speed, trying to get away from the crowed while also trying not to hurt Kagome.

When they reached the woods Inuyasha climb as high as he could up a tree and waited for the villagers to pass them. The villagers were taking their time so Inuyasha decided to get comfy. Inuyasha sat with his back against the tree and Kagome in his lap. She squeaked quietly when he had moved her, but now she just sat there with her head leaning against his chest. Below them the villagers were slowly checking every inch of the place, and not finding anything the started to go back to the village in pairs. By the time all of them were gone it was already really late, and Inuyasha was starting to get tired.

He looked at Kagome, about to tell her that it was all right to leave now, but she was asleep. She had turned her head so that her ear was over his heart and had fallen asleep to the beating of his heart. Inuyasha looked at her and noticed that she looked so innocent just lying there, like she didn't have a care in the world. He just couldn't wake her up. So he settled in for a long night, and after an hour or so of just sitting there, he finally fell asleep. ***Kaede's hut*** Kaede checked on last time to make sure that no one was coming, then celled the hut from anyone who would want to come in. She stared to build a fire. When the fire was high, and the room was sweltering hot, Kaede threw some herbs into the fire. The fire roared, almost reaching the ceiling, then a picture started to form in the fire. It was Kagome's mother, Queen Kikyou. Kikyou started, then realized that it was just a village miko talking to her through the fire.

"What do you want?" Kikyou snapped, her eyes puffy from crying.

"I have found yer daughter. She is staying at my house, along with Prince Inuyasha. They are all right, but I do believe they should stay. They seem to be getting along, and that is what you want isn't it?" Kaede asked.

Through out the conversation Kikyou looked more and more happy. "That is perfect, now she will be content to marry and become the perfect little queen." Kikyou exclaimed, showing just how little she knew about her daughter.

Kaede (sweat drop) "Um, sure, of course. I have to go now and tell King Kuiji about Inuyasha and Kagome's, Um, situation. Bye!" Kaede cut off the connection before Kikyou could say anything.

Then Kaede got a connection with the King of Inuyasha's land (a/n ok, I can't think of a name for the countries, so ya. Oh, and I have no idea what Inuyasha's dad's name is so I made on up, sorry). The fire roared again, and this time the picture came up immediately.

Kaede looked in shock, and questioned, "Prince Shesshomaru, why did I get ye? This was supposed to bring me to the leader of your country."

"My father passed away last week, the same night that my brother left." Shesshomaru stated simply, no emotion in his voice.

"I am sorry. I am just contacting ye to inform ye of your brother's whereabouts. He is staying with me and the Princess Kagome." Kaede told him, keeping it short. She didn't like this cold man, and could tell that he didn't like her.

"Interesting, so I am to assume that he will be staying there for the next couple years?" Shesshomaru asked, making it seem more like a statement then a question.

"Yes, he and the Princess will be staying with me. Ye may come and get him when he turns 18, that should give him plenty of time to grow up, and to realize his love for the girl." Kaede told him, then ended that connection also.

'How am I to tell the boy of his fathers death?' Kaede thought. Not able to come up with an answer, she went to bed, wondering what had happened to the two children, it was late and they should have been back a long time ago. Before drifting off to sleep, Kaede thought she heard voices outside of her hut.

***The next morning in the tree (he he he, me evil)***

Inuyasha woke up to the feeling of someone tugging on his ear, and his name being whispered into the other ear. He opened his eyes to see Kagome had turned her body to the side and was tugging on his ear. "Kagome, can you please stop tugging on my ear, it hurts?" He asked her.

"Sorry, I just wanted you to wake up so you would let go of me so I could get down." Kagome whispered, looking down at his arms that were holding on to her tightly so she wouldn't fall. "When I started moving, your arms got tighter. They kept me from falling off the tree when I woke up, but I would like to get down now."

Inuyasha looked down at his arms too and realized for the first time that they were holding onto Kagome tightly. "Sorry, I didn't realize." He let her go and tried not to blush. Kagome laughed and climbed down the tree. Inuyasha followed, still not understanding when his arms had went around her waist. He had fallen asleep with his arms at his side. (a/n this fun, me evil, he confused. Mwhahahahahaha.)

"Inuyasha which way is Kaede's hut? I got turned around." Kagome asked, totally lost.

Inuyasha sniffed the air, and pointed to his right. "This way, the hags hut is this way." He growled, still embarrassed about the tree thing. (Who wouldn't be???)

Kagome hit him in the head and said; "Now that's not very nice. Call her Kaede, not hag!" Inuyasha grunted, and started to head I the direction of the hut.

When they reached they hut, Kaede was talking to someone. They both entered, and Inuyasha jumped in-between Kagome and the strange man. "This man is from the angry mob. I can smell the stale anger on him."

Kagome peeked around his shoulder and glared at the man. Then she stepped in front of Inuyasha and yelled at the man, "Why were you angry at use? All we did was walk into the village, and poor Inuyasha got tomato on his face. That wasn't very nice. I think that all of you were just being bullies!"

The man took a step toward Kagome, and the next thing Inuyasha knew he was standing in front of her growling. Inuyasha didn't even know why he was there, but now that he was he wasn't going to move. The man took a step backward and glared at Kaede.

"This is why we were frightened, this monster is wild, and should not be allowed near people!" The man told Kaede, not even looking at Inuyasha and Kagome.

"What did you just say?" Kagome yelled. Everyone in the room turned to see a very angry Kagome. "He is not a monster! He is nicer then you! He didn't do anything to you or the village and you still attacked him! He, he didn't do anything!" Now Kagome was crying, and Inuyasha looked like he was going to freak.

"Stop, please stop crying!" Inuyasha asked her, while sending glares at the man. Kaede just stood there in shock, while the man looked ashamed of himself because he made a little girl cry.

Kagome stopped crying, but was still sniffling a bit. "It's not nice, or fair. You didn't do anything." She whispered. Then she looked at the man and told him, "You and the villagers owe Inuyasha an apology."

Kaede was ready to drop dead from shock, and the man looked almost as shocked as she was. "You want me to what? We don't owe this half-breed anything! Especially not an apology." The man said while glaring at both of them.

Kagome stuck her tongue out at him and countered, "Yes you do and if you don't apologize I'm gonna kick you in the shins." (a/n I know, she sounds like a five year old, but she is only 9)

Inuyasha stared at her, why was she so mad. People had done this to him all his life. He told her that too, and after he was done she looked at him in shock. "But that's mean. You didn't do anything to them did you?" Inuyasha shook his head, "Then they all owe you an apology." She said stubbornly. "Since none of them are here, the village will have to do."

"Are ye quite finished? I was just explaining to the village man that ye both are staying with me, and that I sent ye down to the village to get used to it, and the people used to ye. I was also about to say that they owe ye an apology, though in a nicer way." Kaede said finally getting over her shock.

"They don't deserve to be asked politely, they were the once being mean, and they were wrong." Kagome said, then walked up to the man and poked him in the stomach, "Now you apologize to Inuyasha before I get really mad."

The man just laughed and pushed her out of his way to leave. Before he got three steps Inuyasha was standing in front of him, growling, "Apologize to Kagome right now. I'm not so nice that I'll just poke you."

Kagome walked up to Inuyasha and said, "Now that's not nice either. I say were even now, but I don't want to hear anything more about Inuyasha being a monster. He is a very nice person, though a little over protective." Kagome told the man pushing him out the door.

"Now, let's get down to setting up yer room." Kaede said, taking both children towards the room in the back of her house.

***End of chap 3***

Hey!! So what did you think? My chappies seem to be getting longer and longer. Well, at least I got this chapter up before the weekend. R&R!!! I need to know what u think. Thanks to everyone who reviewed. Um. now I know my next chap isn't gonna be until this weekend. Ok. Soo ttyl.

Koshinky