InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Be There For You ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Dreams
 
**********
 
Kagome groaned as her alarm went off. She reached over and shut it off and snuggled back under the covers for a moment longer. She thought back to the dream she just had.
 
 
“What should I do, Inuyasha?” Kagome sat on a grassy hill with her chin on her knees. She looked over at her friend sitting next to her.
 
“Well, if you really don't want to go out with Hojo, then you need to tell him, don't just string him along.”
 
“I'm not stringing him along. He just doesn't seem to understand that I am not interested in him that way.”
 
“You could always tell him you already have a boyfriend.” Kagome sat up and looked at Inuyasha in surprise. He blushed faintly, but held her gaze.
 
“I don't want to lie to him Inuyasha.”
 
“It wouldn't really be a lie, would it?”
 
Kagome blushed and turned away. Inuyasha caught her chin in his hand and turned her face towards him. He leaned in and gently brushed her lips with his.
 
 
`What a time for my alarm to go off,' Kagome thought to herself.
 
She had been having these dreams off and on for the last 11 years (A/N: That makes Kagome 17), but they have been occurring more frequently lately. The dreams always took place on a grassy hill, and Inuyasha would be there waiting. The two friends would talk about anything and everything.
 
The first one was when Inuyasha told her that his mother had died in an accident and that he and his brother were being sent to live with his great-aunt, Kaede. Kagome had held him and let him cry on her shoulder.
 
After that, the dreams happened on a pretty regular basis. Inuyasha had helped her through her first crush when she was in Jr. High, and the following year, she helped him through his first broken heart.
 
Kagome wondered sometimes if it was only her imagination that fed the dreams. She even said as much to Inuyasha one night. His eyes looked so hurt when she said that. He told her that the dreams were their own form of truth; that he was there for her as he had promised that day long ago. Kagome decided just to accept the dreams for what they were, and if they gave her some good advice, all the better.
 
Kagome slowly got out of bed and looked for her clothes. She found her clean uniform and went to grab her shower before school started. Getting out and dressed, she hurried through her toiletry and raced downstairs. Kagome grabbed a slice of toast and yelled to her mom and grandpa as she ran out the door, “I'm off! See you later!”
 
“Bye Kagome! Have a good day, dear!”
 
Running down the steps in front of the shrine, Kagome managed to catch the bus to school. She saw her friend Sango near the back and made her way back to sit next to her.
 
Sango had been friends with Kagome ever since she had moved into the shrine. They often dressed alike and wore their hair the same way. Today, Sango's dark brown hair was up in a ponytail.
 
“Hey, Kagome! How are you this morning?”
 
“Hey, Sango, doing okay I guess.” Sango looked at her friend. Kagome had a puzzled look on her face and seemed to be distracted.
 
“Okay, Kagome, spill it! What is the matter?”
 
“Nothing.” Sango glared at her. “Okay, fine. I had another dream last night.”
 
Sango raised her eyebrow. She knew about the dreams her friend had about a certain silver haired boy. “So why the confused look?”
 
“You know how Hojo keeps bugging me to go out with him, right?” Sango nodded. “Well, last night I told Inuyasha about it and he told me to tell Hojo that I already had a boyfriend and then he kissed me.”
 
Sango looked at Kagome in surprise. The raven-haired girl was blushing furiously. “What do you mean, he kissed you?”
 
“I mean, he leaned over and brushed his lips on mine, and then my alarm went off.”
 
“Oh man! What are you going to do now?”
 
“I'm not sure, Sango. I mean other than the dreams, I haven't seen or heard from Inuyasha since I moved away. I am not even sure that they are not figments of my imagination.”
 
The two girls got off the bus when it reached the school and they made their way to their lockers. “We'll talk to Miroku at lunch and see what he has to say. He may know if the dreams are real or not, after all, he comes from a family of monks.”
 
Kagome nodded. “Okay, I'll meet you guys at our normal spot outside. Bye Sango! See you later.” The two girls split and made it to class just as the bell rang.
 
************
TBC