InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ the time we had... ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was impossible to bear the silence between them; Kouga hadn't said a word to her since he found her in the parking lot. Kagome had no idea of how to explain him what had happened, it was pretty obvious he had been watching her and Inuyasha as they shared their goodbye and it broke her heart to know that Kouga heard every word she shared with him. `It's better for me to leave, I'll tell him I'm not worthy of his love and I'm not going back to Inuyasha… not after all this.' Kagome thought melancholically as she watched the rain pouring on the car's windows. Her wedding dinner rehearsal had seemed to last for an eternity as she just wanted to get out of there, Kouga smiled at everyone but didn't dare to look at Kagome and she was doing the same thing. He stopped the car and walked to her door to put the umbrella to avoid her clothes from getting wet again but she was already out there. Kagome stared at him as he walked towards their apartment and she finally gathered the courage to speak about tonight's events.
“Kouga…” She whispered as she grabbed his arm, he looked back at her and sighed.
“Please don't Kagome, I need to think.” Kouga answered as he gently pulled away his arm. “I'll sleep on the couch tonight.”
Kagome watched him helplessly as he gathered a blanket and a pillow; he took off his shoes and lay on the couch. She sighed heavily and walked to her bedroom where she changed to her pajamas and tried to sleep. Half of her night alone she spent it by turning around in her bed and staring at her roof top. The other half she tried to keep sleeping but the thought of her hurting Kouga was making her wake up every half an hour. When she saw the sun rising, her eyes finally surrendered and let her sleep. She woke up scared and looked at the alarm clock her boyfriend, or probably after that night ex boyfriend, had bought her for her birthday a long time ago. The clock marked 2 in the afternoon; scared, Kagome jumped out of her bed and walked to the kitchen to walk find Kouga preparing something. She wanted to walk away but she needed to talk to him about last night.
“What are you cooking?” She asked, Kouga turned around and half smiled at her before kissing her forehead.
“I'm making cheesecake, the recipe you taught me.” He said and she walked next to him, Kagome returned his smile and turned off the stove. “I was thinking about the same thing,”
“About last night…”
“You don't need to explain it to me Kagome,” He interrupted and grabbed her hand. “I need you to listen to me.”
“Okay,” She breathed out and Kouga smiled.
“I knew this might come soon, I'm not dumb Kagome and I know what has been going on with you and… apparently Inuyasha.” He took a deep breath and continued. “I knew there was someone else in your mind although I never expected him… I asked you to make your choice and you said you would still marry me but I know you're not going to.”
“Kouga…”
“Let me finish Kagome, please.” He pleaded and she nodded. “It's amazing how much you love me and how you can love him the same way, I'm not judging you… I could even say that I understand you although there are some parts of the story that I'm missing. I'm aware of this whole marriage thing not being appropriate at this moment since you're so confused about your feelings.”
“If you want to cancel the wedding then I…” Kagome didn't finish the sentence when Kouga started shaking his head.
“I think that ever since I set my eyes on you I wanted you to be my wife,” He smiled and Kagome squeezed his hand lightly. “If you… revalue your choice and you realize that you don't want to be with me, I understand that… and I know that this is your next step.”
“Do you mean that I have the choice to change my last word?” Kagome asked confused and Kouga chuckled.
“Kagome, we're not joined by the hip… you can do whatever you want as long as you tell me, what's it gonna be?”
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
“Why? I just want to know…” Kagura asked Sesshomaru.
She had been asking him the same question for the last few days ever since they exited the restaurant. Sesshomaru refused to give her an answer which was driving Kagura crazy and it was taking him in the same direction. The fact that she was unwilling to let that subject go was totally stressing for him and it was making him angrier as they were having dinner at a new restaurant. Sesshomaru tossed aside his menu and stared at Kagura directly in the eyes, he thought that meeting her gaze would help him stop being hypnotized by her bizarre ruby color in her eyes and tried to do it most of the times.
“Because… I thought it was a good idea, okay? Just drop it.” He let out annoyed, Kagura sighed.
“Why did you think it was a good idea?” Sesshomaru shot her a look and she batted her eyes lashes.
“I don't want to infuriate you so; shall we leave this conversation for later?” He suggested and Kagura grunted.
“Fine,” She pushed out of her lips with some effort and Sesshomaru smiled a little.
“We have a very special guest tonight who has agreed to perform for us…” A man in a small stage said, Sesshomaru turned his attention to him. “Give it up, everyone for the very talented Rin!”
“What?” Kagura hissed as she saw her coming up to the stage.
“Um… hi, I didn't have this planned but I was going to sing one of my new songs until my manager opposed so I'm gonna give you a cover of `All around me' by Flyleaf… I hope you enjoy this.” Rin was about to start when she saw Sesshomaru's face.
His eyes were about to pop out when she laid her eyes on him, out of all people she noticed him as everyone cheered for her. Sesshomaru couldn't leave her sight and Rin couldn't do it either, the thought of never seeing him again stroked her thoughts as she heard the band starting to play. The song was going on but she just couldn't focus, she felt the guitarist who was also her manager pat her arm.
“What's wrong?” Kohaku asked, keeping his notes for Rin to start singing.
“Start again, please pinch me.” She begged and he made a sign to the band, he pinched her and started all over again.
“Sing!” He almost yelled and she grabbed the microphone.
My hands are searching for you
My arms are outstretched towards you
I feel you on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for you

This fire rising through my being
Burning I'm not used to seeing you

I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Sav
oring this heart that's healing
Rin didn't dare to look again at Sesshomaru, if she did she wouldn't be able to sing but he just couldn't stop thinking how much he missed her. Her flawless smile, her warm eyes, her tempting lips moving to let out her marvelous voice; all those small details that her loved about her and yet he was sitting next to his ex wife instead of being in a table waiting for her to finish and kiss her as a reward.
My hands float up above me
And you whisper you love me
And I begin to fade
Into our secret place

The music makes me sway
The angels singing say we are alone with you
I am alone and they are too with you

I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

And so I cry
The light is white
And I see you

I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive
She could feel her stomach fluttering, if she hoped to see him again it wouldn't be that day but apparently everything was working for her to be with him. Rin couldn't resist to look at him and then she smiled, her voice seemed to boom through her ears as she felt her high notes reach another level and it was all thanks to him. The moment wasn't able to be more perfect unless he was alone but she had to accept that they were going to marry and she finished the song.

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

Take my hand
I give it to you
Now you own me
All I am
You said you would never leave me
I believe you
I believe

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healed
.
“Thank you,” She breathed out once she was done and walked out of the stage followed by Kohaku and her band.
“Out of all the restaurants in town she just had to show up here.” Kagura mumbled, Sesshomaru turned to look at her.
“Do you think that's bad?” He asked and she was surprised, she was sure he wouldn't hear her but she giggled nervously.
“Well, considering your past with her… I'm just jealous, that's all. Wouldn't you be if I found my ex?” Kagura asked and he sighed.
“Probably, excuse me for a minute.” He said and got up.
Sesshomaru walked towards where Rin disappeared, he walked to the bathroom and bit his lip as he entered the women's bathroom. Rin was there with her hands locked around the sink, she was breathing and a huge smile was around her lips. Sesshomaru didn't want to ruin her perfect grin that was now showing but he had to if they were going to talk, he cleared his throat and Rin almost got on top of the sink as he startled her. Sesshomaru did his best to hide his smirk; Rin blushed lightly and walked towards him.
“I heard from your brother that you're marrying Kagura, congrats.” She said bleakly, Sesshomaru sighed.
“Don't mention it, I was hoping to speak to you soon… I think we need the proper closure.” Rin half smiled and nodded.
“So…” She placed her hair behind her ear and continued. “Well, I really don't have something to say to you except that I missed you... and that I really love you.”
“You know I feel the same way,” He answered almost immediately. “It's just that…”
“I think we had our time and that we didn't need this talk, I just have one request.” Rin said and caressed his cheek softly. “Will you please, just please; let me kiss you for the last time?”
Sesshomaru didn't answer; instead he placed his lips on top of hers and immediately started feeling his heart fluttering harshly against his chest. Rin kissed his softly but in a hungry way, such a long time has been since he had touched her mouth with his lips and it was unbelievable that it would feel that good. They both heard the door open but neither of them cared who came in, all that mattered was the lovely feeling that each other touches produced. Finally they broke the kiss before Sesshomaru took his face between his hands; he stared at her blissful face that was very calm after their intimate kiss.
“It was as good as I remembered, thank you.” Rin whispered before giving him one last chaste kiss.
“Thank you for everything Rin, I hope your life and your career will be full of success.” Sesshomaru said and let her go, she sighed heavily as her heart yelled to stop him but she simply bit her lip and stopped her mouth from yelling something at him.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Giving his co workers a free day wasn't in his `to do' list but he needed to be alone and change his restaurant back to the way he once found it. Ever since he left Kagome, he went back and started changing his place back to its original way. It has been more than a day since he was working painting, changing, switching and buying new food for the place. He was now busy changing the horrible curtains Kagura had picked and finding the ones he had originally like had been a challenge, she had storage them in a closet near his new office. Inuyasha wanted to burn the pieces of table clothing she had used for his tables but he just simply threw them away. He started putting back his bases with the flowers that made his place look so comfortable.
“Can we help?” He turned around to find Sango and Miroku standing by the door.
“I'm okay guys, I gave you a free day remember?” Sango nodded and walked next to him.
“I know that, I wouldn't forget it but I'm really worried about you… have you even slept?” She asked.
“Or eaten?” Miroku inquired and Inuyasha sighed before rolling his eyes.
“Is that really a problem? Look, I'm fine… I'm not tired nor sleepy so why don't you guys just try to enjoy your last free day?” Sango arched her brow.
“Do you think I will believe that?” Inuyasha grunted and shook his head. “So you are going back to your house and have a nice dinner and then sleep?”
“Okay, I'll do it… after I finish this new recipe I was planning, c'mon guys you know me better than this I will eat.” Miroku and Sango shot at each other a skeptical look before nodding.
“Fine, will come early tomorrow and we better not find you on the floor asleep.” Miroku said as he grabbed Sango's hand and walked out of the door.
“Of course.” He mumbled as he threw away the table cloths and walked to the kitchen.
It was bad enough to remember that probably Kagome might be walking down the aisle at the moment but seeing his friends together made him jealous. Inuyasha walked to the fridge and pulled our onions to make himself onion rings and pork chops. `She's marrying him; I have to stop thinking about her…' He thought as he gently fried the pork chops and added some garlic for an exquisite flavor. `Is it really that hard for me to see her every day knowing that she's happily married with some other guy? Why does it make me crazy that she's smiling and hugging him tenderly? How can it be that picturing her with Kouga makes me feel sick?' Inuyasha spoke in his mind; he shook his head trying to disperse his depressing feelings and started chopping the onions. `Kagome… is this as hard for you as it is for me? I don't care if you don't respond to my feelings, I can't stop loving you and apparently… I'll never stop.' Inuyasha looked up at his roof top; he felt a drop on his face and wanted to make sure that his roof didn't have a leak.
He couldn't believe what was happening; he had never experienced it before. It was his first actual tear and he was shedding it for someone who wasn't aware of how much he loved her. Inuyasha suddenly felt everything overwhelming him; he stabbed the knife against the table and quickly turned off the stove as he sat on the floor. He was new to this but it seemed as he had been doing it for a long time, he didn't let out sobs; he could only let his salty water spread down his face as he felt his heart heavy. Inuyasha heard the door opening and quickly cleaned his tears with his shirt before standing up, if Sango or Miroku saw him like that they would never leave him alone.
“What are you doing here?” He said in a very surprised tone.
“I knew I would find you here,” Kagome said as she let a small smile hit her face. “I needed to see you.”
“Is there anything you want me to do for you?” Inuyasha asked, shaking away his excitement as she walked next to him.
“Could you forgive me?” She asked softly and he sighed heavily.
“Damn Kagome, are you here to ask me to forgive you for marrying Kouga? I won't do it, you made your choice and I…” Kagome interrupted him by placing her finger on his mouth.
“No, I want you to forgive me for not realizing my mistake earlier… picking Kouga was stupid because I'm aware that I can't live without you now that I know how much I love you.”
Inuyasha quickly pushed away her hand and kissed her romantically, feeling that if he didn't this would turn up as a horrible dream and she would vanish between his dreams just as she had showed up. Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck as he kept his around her waist, pulling her each time closer to him to stop her from changing her mind although that seemed very improbable. She felt lacking her breath but it wasn't that important when the reason of her existence was letting her know how much he missed her. Kagome had to stop him, not because of needing air, not because his kiss was too fierce, but because when she opened her eyes to look at him for a moment she found a surprise.
“What's wrong?” Inuyasha asked as she held his face, examining his eyes which were a bit red.
“Are you… you're crying!” Kagome said with a small giggle, Inuyasha pulled away and cleaned his tears.
“It's the onions.” He said in his defense, Kagome smiled and placed her arms around his torso.
“Inuyasha, I've seen you more than ten times cut onions and not once I've seen you shed a tear…”
“It's just the onions.” He mumbled and she laughed before kissing his eyes and cleaning his tears.
“No, you're just unbelievably stubborn… and I love you.” Inuyasha smiled and gently held her between his arms and he pulled her down and kissed her again.
 
 
 
A/N: hm… one chap left? What should I write about? I have a few ideas… lol. Review please!!! =)