InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ ... it's not gone ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yeah, I know what a late update blablabla whatever… just be happy I finally finished this fic! Thanks to everyone who takes time to review and I'm even more grateful with those of you who reviewed after every chapter. I got some excitement news… I got a nomination from the Feudal Association! It's for my fic `Destiny's ploy' and it was nominated for best angst, I'm trying to edit some chapters to make them better but I have so little time it's frustrating… I have to say my completion scares me, they are SO good. Well, if you haven't read that fic you might like to *wink*. Okay so that's everything I have to say… for now, check out my other fics and thanks once again. Oh right! Review please!!! =)
Songs: What you deserve-The Exies, Friday I'm in love-The Cure
(I know, I got some weird taste in music… anyway, enjoy! *cries happily*)
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
“Please, explain it to me again… why do I have to hear you talk to your former boyfriend?” He asked annoyed as she hung up her phone.
“Because you love me.” She quickly answered as she flashed him a smile.
“Damn Kagome, you know how much I hate it when you talk to him… I can't stand listening to only half of the conversation!” He reminded her and let out a frustrated grunt, Kagome studied him for a few seconds.
“Does this have anything to do with the day I saw you cr…?” Inuyasha quickly pressed his hand against her mouth.
There were days in which he thought everything was part of his imagination but his heart fluttered so fast that it was impossible for him to mistake it with a dream. Kagome moved in with him a few weeks later after she and Kouga had agreed to sell their apartment. Her ex fiancé thought it would be better for him to live at Japan since his job usually wanted him over there and Kagome was happy for his decision. She called him regularly to remind him how much she missed him, something that bothered Inuyasha but she would always threat him with the humiliating day she told him she loved him. It wasn't the fact that they had admitted their feelings but those hideous salty tears that he had let out of his system. Kagome shot him a look as he half smiled.
“Can you please just forget that? It's been what? Two… three weeks?” Kagome nodded. “Good, then you should know what waits for you if you dare to talk about that again.”
“Why are you so sensible about that?” She asked once he removed his hand from her.
He walked out of the kitchen; Kagome followed him closely as he went to open the door for his coworkers. The place looked now even better than before, everyday he would get new costumers and more money which let him change many things Kagura had picked for his restaurant. Inuyasha let Sango and Miroku in; Kagome tapped him on his shoulders.
“I'll tell everybody about your secret if you don't tell me why.” She hissed and Inuyasha arched his brow as he enveloped his arms around her hips.
“Oh really?” Kagome nodded and he smiled as he pushed himself closer to her. “And how do you plan to do that while I'm kissing you?”
“I'll bite your tongue.” She warned and he chuckled, they heard someone clear her throat and looked back at Sango.
“Are we going to work or did you guys call us to see you make out?” Miroku asked and the couple pulled apart.
“Yeah, not that I mind getting paid for doing nothing but looking at you two guys is causing me sickness.” Sango agreed and Inuyasha snorted.
“Right, how about you guys start while I have a private talk with her in my office?” Inuyasha suggested and Sango rolled her eyes.
“Use a condom.” Miroku said and Inuyasha tossed at him a crumpled napkin, Sango punched his shoulder.
“Just please don't yell, I can't concentrate when I hear you guys screaming at each other.” Sango said as she pulled Miroku with her.
Kagome smiled while Inuyasha frowned and dragged her to his office. The office had been turned into a dressing room, Inuyasha loved cooking as much as he loved his girlfriend and the thought of stop being a chef made him shiver in fear. He had always wanted to work in something that would make him happy and cooking had kept his heart in bliss for a very long time. The old office was used by Rin sporadically since she would come to do some shows for Inuyasha as a favor; after all, his restaurant was the reason of her success. Kagome closed the door and took a step forward to listen to something crack in the floor, she looked down and found a picture of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. He quickly got to Kagome's side and picked up the photograph as he let out a heavy sigh.
“Still nothing, huh?” She asked as she traced her fingers along Inuyasha's face full of angst, he nodded.
“It kills me to know that she's using him as a puppet, you know? I don't care where he is as long as she's not with him.” Kagome quickly gave him a chaste kiss and hugged him.
“He's a smart man, I'm sure he's okay.” Inuyasha sighed and placed the picture on the desk.
“Yeah…” he sighed heavily and looked down at the floor. “We should probably clean this up.”
Kagome grabbed him by his face; she studied his expression carefully trying to figure out what he was feeling. Inuyasha's mood suddenly changed when he realized what she was doing.
“You're never going to let that go, are you?” He asked annoyed as he bent down to pick up the pieces of broken glass.
“Don't get mad, it's normal… I don't know why you get angry every time.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes and threw away the trash.
“I get angry because you keep on tormenting me with that, I must have looked like such a fag.” Kagome laughed and he stared at her furious. “Haha, go ahead and laugh wench… pretty much funny how I had a girl moment that day.”
“Inuyasha, I'm not laughing at you… I'm laughing at what you say. The day I found you cr…” He shot her a warning look and she giggled again. “Well, that day I realized how sweet you really are and I can't just wait to see it again because I know that underneath your tough-guy façade… there's the man that now holds my heart.”
“So you don't think that looked gay?” Kagome laughed again before pressing his lips lightly on his.
“No, you didn't look gay at all.” She assured him before kissing him passionately, Inuyasha pushed her away gently.
“Don't expect that to happen again though, real men don't cry… remember that.” Kagome giggled.
“No, it's quite the opposite… only real men can admit their feelings, so I'm guess I'll take what I can for now.” She said with a giggle before walking out of the office, it took him a second to figure out what she was saying.
“Funny, wench.” He replied as he followed her.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Falling and unsure why am I losing my nerve
Wasting my time why do I
only see this through the hurt
“She's awesome!” A girl shouted as she hopped up and down at the rhythm of the music, her boyfriend nodded.
“Yeah, she's cool!” He agreed and mimicked her movements.
Inuyasha stared at Rin as she sung with all her heart, it had been a few weeks since she performed in his restaurant and she was always wearing a happy smile on her face as she swept across the small stage. Inuyasha wanted to pay her, she brought him so many costumers but she refused to get a dime for it; Rin claimed to do it because she didn't want to forget where she started.

I can
't get it out of my head, I can't get it out that
I do this to myself me and no
one else
So help me tell me how to break free
I
'm to blame and that's what really hurts
That
's what really hurts
You get what you deserve
Inuyasha felt the cold wind coming from outside, knowing that someone had entered his restaurant; he looked back instinctively and was surprised to find him there. Sesshomaru looked around the place, immediately recognizing Inuyasha's taste and half smiling. Inuyasha stood in his place, waiting for his brother to say something as he approached him but not a word left his mouth until he was near him.
“Are you hiring?” Sesshomaru asked, Inuyasha laughed.
“No, but there's this guy who is about to lose his job… you might want to get his position.” Inuyasha suggested and Sesshomaru arched his brow.
“Oh, really? What will that be?” His older brother asked.
“Manager of the place, I quit.” Inuyasha said and Sesshomaru laughed as he hugged his brother, the younger sibling flinched but returned the gesture.

Jaded and broken
Out of place waiting my turn

Guilty fractured
And like you I
don't know the answer
“So…” Inuyasha started as he gazed his brother looking intensively at Rin. “Where's your beloved wife?”
“Kagura?” Inuyasha nodded. “It's a funny story really, she found me a few weeks ago kissing Rin… just like I found her years ago. Who says karma doesn't exist?”
“Ha! Finally… payback's a bitch, why didn't you come earlier?” Inuyasha asked curiously, Sesshomaru shrugged.
“I paid mom and dad a visit… they missed me, after all I'm their favorite son.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes. “And I didn't want to look desperate.”

I can
't get it out of my head, I can't get it out of my head
I heard the words you said to me
Finally, Rin became aware of Sesshomaru's presence and for a second her eyes lightened up with real excitement. Kohaku quickly noticed the change of her attitude and started showing off with a long guitar solo as Rin took a chance to get off of stage and pass through her fans. She pushed them softly away as she ran towards Sesshomaru, Rin quickly tossed herself at his arms and he received her blissfully.
“I missed you!” Rin said before planting a kiss on his cheek, Sesshomaru smiled and gave her a peck on the lips.
“We need to talk but first finish your song.” Rin nodded and grabbed her microphone to finish with the last chorus.

I do this to myself me and no
one else
So help me tell me how to break free
I
'm to blame and that's what really hurts
That
's what really hurts
You get what you deserve
As the song ended, Rin jumped off the stage and got caught by her fans. Slowly they pushed her towards Sesshomaru who smiled widely waiting for her to get away from her rabid admirers. He cupped her face between his hands before kissing her tenderly, Rin giggled before pulling apart and pressing the microphone against her mouth.
“Thank you so much!” She nearly yelled as she gathered some air, her fans started clapping and shouting excitedly for one more song.
“C'mon Rin, let's give them another one.” Kohaku begged as many girls tried to rip off his shirt.
“Go,” Sesshomaru whispered and she smiled. “I'll be waiting for you; you've waited enough… now it's my turn.”
Rin gave him one last kiss before running back to stage.
“Alright guys, here's another one…” Rin said as she winked at Kohaku, he knew exactly which song she wanted to play.
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love

Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Oh, Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love

Saturday, wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday, never hesitate...

I don't care if Mondays black
Tuesday, Wednesday - heart attack
Thursday, never looking back
It's Friday, I'm in love
 
“Well that's a corny song, I wonder for who it is.” Inuyasha mused before getting hit by his brother. “Someone's in love…”
“Stop being an ass Inuyasha, hey Sess.” Kagome said before hugging him, Inuyasha quickly pulled her away.
“I think that's more than enough, now it's my turn.” He said as he enveloped his arms around Kagome, she laughed.
“You're so…”
“Adorable? Handsome? Sweet? The sexiest man alive?” Inuyasha suggested as his brother rolled his eyes, she giggled.
“Yes, all of that…” Kagome smiled as he kissed her lightly.
“Of course I am.” Inuyasha gave her a peck on the cheek and listened to Rin.

Monday, you can hold your head
Tuesday, Wednesday stay in bed
Or Thursday - watch the walls instead
It's Friday, I'm in love

Saturday, wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday, never hesitate...

Dressed up to the eyes
It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise
Throwing out your frown
And just smiling at the sound
And as sleek as a shriek
Spinning round and round
Always take a big bite
It's such a gorgeous sight
To see you eat in the middle of the night
You can never get enough
Enough of this stuff
It's Friday, I'm in love
Rin smiled widely as she stared at Sesshomaru who seemed to be enjoying the song as much as she was, she made a few spins in the stage and begun singing the end of the song. Sesshomaru felt something inside his pocket; he looked down at the ring and smiled as he remembered how Kagura threw it at him. `I might as well sell this and use the money for another one, I wonder if Rin likes diamonds…' He thought delighted as he pushed the ring inside his pocket.

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love

Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love
.
As the crowd went crazy, Rin immediately ran towards Sesshomaru to hug him. He caressed her hair, sniffing the sweet aroma of jasmine coming from her. Kagome stared at them with sweetness; it was unbelievable how lovable they were with each other. She couldn't pull her eyes away from them as they stared into each other's eyes vowing silently to never pull apart. Her vision was blurry and Inuyasha cleaned her tears.
“Yeah,” He said as he softly traced his fingers clearing her vision.
“What?” Kagome asked confused, Inuyasha kissed her forehead.
“I know exactly what you feel,” Inuyasha explained as he enveloped his arms around her hips. “They way you're looking at them means that you can't figure out how much someone can love another person, how they can manage to stay together for such a long time without getting sick of each other and why is it that every time they kiss it seems that it is their first time.”
“Exactly,” Kagome said letting out another happy tear, she cleaned it quickly. “How did you know?”
“Because that's exactly what I feel when I'm with you.” Inuyasha confessed.
“You're amazing.” Kagome whispered before kissing him, he half smiled as he pulled away from the kiss.
“Yeah, you're lucky to have me.” She laughed before kissing him again.
`And I was lucky enough to get you,' Inuyasha added silently as he continued to melt into her sweet kiss.
 
THE END =)