InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Love You ❯ I Love You ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Welcome to my first OneShot! If you love InuYasha stories and want to read something longer, check out Mating Season under my creator profile! Enjoy :D

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own InuYasha

 I Am Uploading This Story To Three Different Sites. If They Are On Any Others Or Different Accounts, Please Let Me Know.

MediaMiner: mre240582

Fanfiction: InuyashaKagome4everandalways

Wattpad: InuyashaxKagomeLover

 OneShot: I Love You

"Kagome! Come back!" Inuyasha is running after Kagome who, once again, announced she's leaving to go home.

"SIT!" Inuyasha falls to the ground and while the spell is still in affect, Kagome makes her leave. "I AM NOT COMING BACK! DON'T FOLLOW ME, INUYASHA!" She runs away and jumps into the well that seperates her world, five hundred years in the future, with his world in the Feudal Era.

"You've really done it this time, Inuyasha." Shippo, the little fox demon spoke. As soon as he saw Inuyasha glare at him, he hid behind Miroku, the monk.

"He's right, Inuyasha. You really need to stop seeing Kikyo. It hurts Kagome every time you go to see her." Miroku spoke up.

"Keh, whatever." Inuyasha gets up from his body shaped crater and walks away from them to sit by the well.

"Inuyasha, can't you see that Kagome cares about you? Why do you keep seeing Kikyo when all she wants to do is hurt you?" The demon slayer of the group, Sango asked. 

"None of your damn business." Inuyasha is tired of people constantly on his case about Kikyo. 'It's not like I'm doing it because I still love Kikyo. I just .. promised to avenge her. I still care about her.. cared .. I just wanted her to be safe.'

"Well?" Shippo bravely spoke up.

"What?!" Inuyasha growls in annnoyance.

"Are you going to go get Kagome, or not?"

"Keh." He looks away from them. 'I don't even know what to say. Not after what she witnessed.'

"What did happen between you and Kikyo, Inuyasha?"

"None of your damn business, Miroku."

"So it was bad. I just hope you didn't do what I would have."

"JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!" With that, they left him to sulk on his own in front of the bone eaters well. 'What do I do? What do I say? I didn't mean for it to happen.. It was like .. like I was under some sort of spell..'

Flashback - 10 minutes earlier

Inuyasha spotted soul collectors overhead while he and his group of friends were looking for more jewel shards. "Kikyo.." He spoke. Without another word, he ran after them. He didn't even notice Kagome following close behind. Inuyasha comes up to a clearing. There is an open section in the forest where there are no trees. Just Kikyo in the center, as if she is waiting for something. Or someone.

"Kikyo.."

She looks up at him with this cold, emotionless look in her eyes. "Inuyasha," She says with no love or care in her voice whatsoever. "I knew you'd come."

"I'll always come, Kikyo."

At that moment Kikyo glares at Kagome, going unnoticed by the hanyou, Inuyasha. She uses her soul collectors to pin Kagome up to a tree behind them. She puts up a barrier so Inuyasha can't see or hear Kagome, yet she is able to witness everything that goes on in front of her.

"Inuyasha!" She tried to yell out but it was no use. 'he can't even hear me. He can't see me. Not again.' She looks away feeling depressed, but then something causes her attention to stay on the two in front of her. 'Why can't I look away!? I don't want to see them together..'

"Kikyo. I - "

"Don't say anything further. Just.. Come to me, Inuyasha." Kikyo interrupted.

Inuyasha, as if he couldn't control himself, walked closer and closer. Until he met with her embrace. Cold and unwelcoming. It was obvious that this body has no blood to circulate. No heat to radiate. Pure clay and graveyard soil. Cold. Just like her heart. She hugs him tighter then ever before.

"Kikyo. W-what are you d-doing?"

"What should have been done long ago. Being with the man I love." She pulls away from his hug in order to pull his lips to hers. He could not stop it, even though he wanted to.

'What is happening? I can't stop it. It's like, like I'm under some sort of spell..'

In that moment, Kagome is released from the soul collectors and doesn't know what she should do. She is so confused and conflicted with her feelings and emotions. Now that she can move again, she looks away from the happy looking couple. 'I .. I can't watch this. He loves her .. He would never want to be with me anyway.' Kagome gets up and runs away quickly, stepping on a branch as she leaves. This causes Inuyasha to snap out of whatever spell Kikyo had on his heart. He swiftly pulls away from her kiss and turns around just in time to notice Kagome in the distance, running away from the scene.

"Kikyo. What have you done?!"

"I made it so that worthless human will stop wasting both of your times. Come with me, Inuyasha. Please, come to hell with me." She begins to bring him along with her but he manages to escape her grasp.

"Kikyo! How could you!? You know of my feelings for Kagome!"

"NO! I know of your feelings for me!"

"Those feelings are as old as your death." With that, he ran after Kagome. He managed to catch up to her fairly quickly because of his dog demon speed.

End Flashback

"Dammit! What the hell am I supposed to do now!?" He continues to stare off into the well, trying to think of something to say to the priestess that has stolen his heart.

..

Kagome is sitting in her favorite fast food restaurant, WacDonalds, with her three best friends, Eri, Yuka and Ayumi. She is slowly sipping on an almost empty soda, staring off into nothingness. She feels as though her world fell apart. How could she go back now? Now that she is so in love with Inuyasha, how can she manage to stay with him after witnessing such act of love with another?

"Kagome? Are you alright?" Her friend Eri asked. All three girls looked worriedly at their depressed friend.

"Huh? Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" Kagome puts on a fake smile and waves her hands in front of herself defensively.

"Was it that boyfriend again?" Yuka asked.

"The two-timing bad boy?!" Eri spoke this time.

"He's no good for you, Kagome. Why don't you just dump him and go out with Hojo? He is soooo crazy about you!" Ayumi says.

Kagome just sighs and looks out the window. After about two more minutes of complete silence, she finally responded. "It's not that I don't wish I can just move on, okay!?"

Ayumi speaks up first, "Why not?"

"Because .. I just .. No matter what happens between us, I'm always going back to him. No matter how he hurts me, I can't stay away, because .. I .. "

"YOU LOVE HIM! That's sooo perfect!" Eri interrupted.

Kagome blushes and decides if she's going to admit it to someone, she might as well admit it to the friends that don't know him.

"Yes. I .. I'm in love with Inuyasha. OKAY?! I just .. can't help how I feel. B-but he loves someone else. So it doesn't matter. I .. I'm getting tired. I think I just want to go home." She gets up to leave but her friends decide not to leave her alone while she is feeling like this, and follows her home to the Higurashi shrine.

..

Still contemplating on what to do, Inuyasha is pacing back and forth next to the well.

After what seems like an eternity of watching this annoying half demon pace back and forth like a lost puppy, Miroku runs up to him from behind the bush he was spying in.

"Geez, Inuyasha! Just go and tell her how you feel already!"

"Grrr, SHUT UP MONK!"

"Inuyasha, whatever happened, it was definitely upsetting to lady Kagome. You obviously care for her, so why don't you just tell her already?!"

"What. So, you mean like you told Sango, right?" He remembered what Kagome said about the two friends caring for each other and decided this was the perfect way to get under his skin. He smirks like he had won.

Miroku sweatdrops and stutters, "W-what ever d-do you mean? I gotta go. Just tell her!" With that he runs away.

Inuyasha looks back at his evesdropping friends and then into the well. 'Maybe I should just tell her.' After this extremely terrifying decision, and he's not afraid of much, he jumps into the bone eaters well and climbs out, five hundred years in the future.

..

Back with Kagome and her friends, they are sitting on the floor of her bedroom talking about absolutely nothing important, until Eri happens to bring up Kagome's boyfriend again.

"Come on Kagome. You'll feel better if you just talk about it."

"It's nothing. I don't even know if I'll ever see him again anyways."

Before anyone could respond, a crash could be heard from outside in the well house.

"What was that?" All three of Kagome's friends declared at once.

'Shoot. Why did he come?' "I'll uh, be right back." Kagome ran out without another word. She grabbed a random hat that was laying around and right as Inuyasha was walking outside of the well house, she placed the hat on his head.

"HEY! What the hell did you put this on me for?"

"Keep it on. My friends are over. What are you doing here? I don't want to talk to you. There is nothing to say." She turns around and faces the Goshinboku tree. 'This is where Inuyasha and I first met. Five hundred years ago.'

Inuyasha touches her shoulder to turn her around. He can smell the salt of her tears. He hates it when she cries.

..

"Ssshh, I can't hear what's happening." Eri says as the three friends are trying to evesdrop on Kagome and Inuyasha from the bedroom window.

"Stop pushing me!"

"You stop!"

"Ugghh."

Finally they situated in the perfect way to see the couple outside.

..

"Kagome .. Please don't cry."

"Inuyasha. Why are you here? Why aren't you with Kikyo?" Stray tears escaped her eye at just that name leaving her tongue.

"I would rather be here, with you Kagome."

She looks up at him in disbelief. "What do you mean? I saw you. I saw you and her together."

..

The three friends all gasped at once.

..

"Kagome, it wasn't like that!"

"Then what was it like? You don't just kiss someone you don't care deeply about!"

Inuyasha grabbed her close and whispered in her ear. "Your friends are listening. I have to tell you this. I didn't do it. I promise. She put a spell on me. I couldn't stop it. I .. I tried."

They looked each other in the eyes, her big brown chocolate eyes looking at his amazingly amber ones.

"Why w-would you try not to?"

He looks away from her, wondering if this is such a good idea. When she starts to cry even more because of his silence, he decides the time is now.

"Dammit Kagome! Don't you get it?"

"NO! I DON'T!"

Inuyasha is terrible with words, so he decides to show her instead. He grabs her by the back of the neck and pulls her into a sweet and gentle kiss. This was their first real kiss. Their other kiss was in Kaguya's castle. When Kagome had to save Inuyasha from his demon self. They never talked about that day, so she figured he didn't remember. Or he didn't want to remember. This kiss though, was filled with passion and love. Nothing like his previous moments with Kikyo. Even fifty years ago didn't feel anything like this. The kiss that started slow and gentle, started to speed up with more passion and desire. Love.

..

All three friends were blushing a crimson red, the same red as Inuyasha's Haori.

"I guess, he chose her." Eri said.

"Mmhmmm." Yuka and Ayumi both agreed.

..

Their kiss finally broke apart after two minutes of unbelievable passion.

"Inu-yasha.."

Inuyasha interrupted her, he needed to tell her now. "Kagome, we met under this tree." They both look up at the beautiful tree of ages in front of them, then their eyes met once again. "I didn't realize it at the time, but that was the best day of my life .. Because I met the woman that would make me the happiest I could ever be. Kagome, I love you."

..

The three evesdropping friends 'aaaawww'ed from their place behind the bedroom window.

..

Her eyes go wide and all she can think to do is grab him in for another passionate and loving kiss. When they pulled apart, she spoke the three words that she was so happy to finally hear him say.

"I love you too, Inuyasha."

In that moment, they knew. They knew that their story hasn't ended, but it had just begun. Their love is eternal. A love that will last forever.

 THE END

Authors Notes: Thanks For Reading! This is just a One-Shot but if people want me to add an extra chapter with Sango/Miroku and Kagome and Inuyasha sharing their news, then let me know in the comments! Hope you enjoyed it!