InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Sorry ❯ Realizations ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok minna san! I am back with a different kind of fic…it's a somewhat angsty Inuyasha/Kagome songfic! Well, its gonna be more fic and less song, because personally, I really don't like songfics, but I heard this song and it sounded waaaaaaaay too perfect, so let me know what you think! Mweee here we go…

Disclaimer: I dun own Inuyasha or any of the characters…although, I wouldn't mind owning Inuyasha…heck, I'd even like owning Miroku! None of the lechers at my school are nearly that cute…oh, and I don't own the song Cold. Crossfade does. I heart that song! =3

Kagome ran over to the struggling hanyou, a worried look on her face. "Inuyasha! Inuyasha! Are you ok?!" she cried as she stumbled over to his side, forgetting how fatal her own wounds were as she put her full concentration on getting to him. Tetsusaiga was standing erect in the ground, and Inuyasha was attempting to pull himself up with it, but every time he moved more blood would flow from a deep wound in his shoulder and he finally gave up, collapsing on the hillside. Scattered parts from the youkai they had been fighting lay around him, forming a stinking wall between him and the rest of the world. Kagome paid no heed to these as she forced her way through the guts and bloody mess, her only concern being the health of Inuyasha. She gasped as she saw the state he was in and fell to her knees next to his wound, ripping a piece of her shirt off and using it to bind his arm. He flinched and clenched his teeth, looking up to her with eyes filled with pain. She continued to rip her shirt into strips and fasten them on his arm. Kagome sighed once she saw he was going to be okay and promptly passed out. Inuyasha's eyes widened and he caught her head with his arm and pulled her gently onto his lap.

"Kagome? Kagome!" he whispered anxiously, bringing his head closer to her heart, listening for a pulse. He let out a sigh of relief when he heard one, although it was extremely small. He finally took the time to give her a good look-over and saw that she had a huge gash in her side, still bleeding profusely. His hakama was too torn to be of much use and her own shirt was almost gone. He gulped seeing her chest exposed as much as it was, but pushed those thoughts out of his mind concentrating instead on finding something to wrap her wounds in. His eyes darted around but he couldn't see much beyond the barrier of youkai flesh. 'Damn.' He thought to himself, 'guess I'm gonna have to look for the others myself…' tenderly lifting Kagome's limp body into his arms he slowly got to his feet. He faltered and Kagome whimpered softly in her unconscious state. Inuyasha sucked in his breath and took a small step, then another…he sniffed the air, and over the stench of slain youkai he could faintly smell Miroku and Sango. Carefully laying Kagome down on the ground, he dropped down next to her, completely spent. He wrapped his arms protectively around her before slipping off into oblivion.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Oi, wench, wake up." A gruff voice said and Kagome slowly opened her eyes, only to find herself looking straight into the face of Inuyasha. She sat up suddenly, throwing her arms around the surprised hanyou, once again forgetting about her wounds and the state of her clothes. Inuyasha didn't forget though, it was hard to forget with her soft skin against his bare chest…he roughly pushed her away and turned away, hiding the blush on his face. Kagome looked at his back with a hurt expression. She wrapped her arms around herself and bit her lip to keep from crying.

"Inuyasha, I think I'm going home now. I have to get some…" her voice cracked and she tried to swallow the lump forming in her throat. "I have to get some more supplies." She finished and shakily got to her feet. A sharp pain ran up her spine and she gasped, finally remembered her wound. Inuyasha sprung to his feet and helped support her, but she pushed him away and limped over to her bag. He stood back and watched her try to battle tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes, thinking they were from the pain. She was about to walk out of the hut when Sango came in, nearly colliding with her.

"Oh, Kagome! Are you okay? You really shouldn't be up and walking yet…" she said guiding Kagome back to the cot.

"No, Sango, I'm doing a lot better now. I was just gonna go home and get some more supplies…"

"You should just have Inuyasha do that. He's healing a lot faster than you are. Besides, you have a visitor." She said and motioned for the person standing outside to come in. Kouga walked in and immediately dove for Kagome, but she stepped to the side and he landed face first into the ground. "I tried to get rid of him, but he's really stubborn. Gomen…" Sango whispered apologetically to Kagome before bowing and quickly leaving the three.

"Kagome, my love." Kouga whispered pulling her down to the ground and embracing her tightly. She cried out in pain and pushed away, her hand pressing to her side before taking it away to find it covered in fresh blood. Kouga's eyes widened before narrowing to small slits and glaring at the hanyou who had moved over to Kagome and was trying to release her from the wolf's grip. Kouga grabbed the hanyou by his neck and stood up, bringing Inuyasha with him. Inuyasha pulled Kouga's hands off of his neck and glared back at him.

"What the hell did you do to my woman, mutt?" Kouga spat, his hands forming tight fists at his sides. Inuyasha's eyes flashed red at the accusation before turning back to their amber shade.

"I didn't do nothin'. Your "woman" did that herself. I was the one protecting her."

"And a lousy job you did of that. You bastard, I should have never left my woman in your hands. She could have died!"

Inuyasha laughed dryly, "feh! Like I would've…"

Kouga lunged at Inuyasha, slamming his fist into the hanyou's injury, reopening the wound. Inuyasha keeled forward in pain and dropped to his knees. Kagome, who had watched the whole scene quietly until now, found herself rushing to Inuyasha's side. Kouga stopped her before she made it though and picked her up bridal style. "Don't even think about helping him now, my love. He doesn't deserve it." the wolf demon kicked the hanyou's chin up to find himself looking straight into red eyes. Kouga nearly dropped Kagome as he realized what had happened. He frantically looked around for Tetsusaiga. Not finding it anywhere in the hut, he became desperate and his mind stopped working properly, as it often did in times of crisis. The best things for him to do at that time was put Kagome down and go look for Tetsusaiga, which is exactly what he did. Inuyasha looked at Kagome menacingly, while Kagome's mind was racing. She couldn't sit him; he was too hurt for that, and after the encounter at Kagami no Naka no Mugenjou, sitting him wouldn't be enough. She sat up suddenly remembering what she had done then and cautiously moved forward to the youkai in front of her.

"Inuyasha, please forgive me." She whispered before placing her lips on his in a tender kiss. His eyes pulsed open wide before liquid amber replaced blood red. Inuyasha ran a hand affectionately over Kagome's face before cupping her cheek, deepening the kiss. This seemed to snap her out of the dreamy state she was in and she pulled away quickly and breathlessly, looking down at the ground. "I have to go now." She mumbled before getting to her feet once again, with more determination this time and stalked out of the hut, making her way to the well as fast as she could, as she didn't want to be caught by Kouga.

Inuyasha was left by himself, confused and hurt. 'What just happened?' he asked himself angrily. He could guess what happened after Kouga had punched him, and seeing as how Kagome didn't seem any worse off than she was before, it must have only been a few moments he was transformed…and she had kissed him again. He brought his fingers up to touch his lips, still able to taste her on them. But why had she left like that? He punched the ground, creating a small crater in the soft dirt.

"Your "woman" did that herself."

"Oi, wench, wake up."

"Like I would've…"

"Damn." How could he have been so heartless? And Kagome…she couldn't read his mind, what must she have been thinking? First he pushed her away like that and then…

"Like I would've…"

"… Cared…"

Inuyasha sat up suddenly and leapt out of the small hut, bounding towards the well. 'Like I would've let that happen. Not cared! I care, Kagome, I care…' he clenched his teeth tightly as he came to the well and saw the blood that had stained the wood when she had lowered herself down into it.

"What have I done?" he whispered softly running his claws over the stains before leaping into the well.

Looking back at me I see


That I never really got it right


I never stopped to think of you


I'm always wrapped up in


Things I cannot win

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, minna, I was planning on making this a one shot, but that's about all I can do for now. (too much angst) And this time I'm not gonna beg for reviews, although, it would be nice…^^; just let me know how I'm doing and such…so, until next time!

-Nekura