InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Sorry ❯ Confusion ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

GOMEN MINNA SAN! I haven't updated as much as I wanted to, but I got the computer taken away cos I kinda sorta bitched off to my mom…^^; BUT SHE STARTED IT! =| Anyways, here is the update! Mweeeeeeeee…

Disclaimer: I dun own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha gumi. They come to me on their own free will…*has blackmail photos of all of them* >=D and same with Crossfade and Cold…I'll come up with something clever for them later…

Inuyasha heard the rustling of fabric and slowly moved his head out of his hands, his eyes coming in contact with Kagome's. He opened his mouth to speak but Kagome held up her hand and sat up gently, still being cautious of the gash in her side. She looked deep into his eyes and he could see all of the emotions she usually kept inside flash in the dark pools. She took a deep breath,

"Inuyasha, you can go back now. I'm fine really! I just need to get some more supplies is all; I'll meet you back in the Feudal Era in about a day or two. Then we can go shard hunting again. I don't want to fight, so I'll just apologize in advance for delaying the search. Gomen. There, now I have to go do stuff, so I'll see you in three days. Bye." Kagome burst out pushing herself off her bed and trying to get by the chair that Inuyasha was currently sitting on as quickly as she could. He rolled his eyes at her pathetic attempts and scooted forward a bit, showing no signs of helping her whatsoever. His ears flattened against his head as he felt her starting to get upset-correction, thoroughly pissed. Which really came as no surprise to him, her anger boiled faster than instant ramen.

'Which can cook really slow if you're super hungry…' he thought, suddenly realizing that Kagome was stepping hard on his foot and trying to push him out of the chair. He raised an eyebrow at her agitatedly and nonchalantly pulled her onto his lap. Apparently this was the right thing to do, because as soon as he did she stopped squirming and sat still. Perfectly still. Too still…

He turned her around so that he could see her face and was taken aback when he saw small streams of tears flowing from her face. He remembered her wound and checked to make sure his hand wasn't touching it. He frowned when he realized that the tears weren't tears of physical pain, but something else. Only problem was, what was something else? Inuyasha tried to pull her closer into him, but she pushed him away and sat across from him, on her bed once again. If looks could kill, Inuyasha would be long gone; Kagome was giving him the most malicious glare he had ever seen. He flattened his ears against his head and looked at her nervously. She appeared to relax a bit and sighed,

"Look, Inuyasha. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for yelling at you, I'm sorry for being a brat, and for everything else I've done. It's just that…every time I get around you…I freeze up and I can't say what I want to… You make me…" she buried her face in her hands, trying to figure out what she was trying to say. "I know you can't see me like that, but I can't leave you…I…"

He watched as she struggled to find the right words, attempting to understand what she was trying to tell him. She turned her head to gaze at the window, finally speaking. "I just don't know what to do! I hurt so badly, and every time I see you, its like someone's just adding salt to the wound. But if I don't see you, it only hurts more. I don't understand, ok? I just don't want this anymore…I…" she sobbed. Inuyasha gently lifted her chin to look at him, wiping away her tears with the pads of his thumbs affectionately. She closed her eyes and started to give in to his gentle caress. Reality finally sunk in and she sat back, her eyes going wide.

"I can't do this…" she choked out, rising from her bed. "I can't…" Kagome finally maneuvered herself over Inuyasha, and made it to the bathroom before collapsing on the floor, gently pushing the door shut with her hand. Her gaze fell to the tattered shirt clinging to her, and she tore what was remaining of it off, tossing it into the trash before standing up and looking at herself in the mirror.

Kagome barely recognized the girl looking back at her. Her reflection revealed a grim, pale girl with hollow eyes staring back at her. She turned the cold water on and splashed her face with the cool liquid, scrubbing hard at the colorless flesh. She flipped her head up and grabbed a towel, looking back at the girl standing in front of her. 'Whatever happened to the cheerful girl I used to be?' Kagome thought, trying hard to smile, but all that was left was an empty shell; the smile looked awkward and forced. She was so engrossed in this she didn't even notice the hanyou that was watching her until he spoke.

What I really meant to say

Is I'm sorry for the way I am

I never meant to be so cold to you

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ok, I know it's really short, but it's more like a joint chapter with the next one…oh, and it was longer, but word erased it and now it sucks ass…I was so pissed off I almost started to cry <___> *doesn't cry*…*ever* so yeah, that's it for now, thank you to all the reviewers!

inu.-sess.fan: ty! Hehehe…I scared my mom too…she was reading over my shoulder and she got all scared and goes "YOU CAN'T KILL THE CHARACTERS AT THE BEGINNING OF A STORY!" ^^;

Pinayazngrl: ^^ merci! And you pretty much got it all down there. But as much as I wish that could happen, I must make them suffer a widdle bit more. But I promise things'll be better in the next chappy.

PixieDust99: lol! Yes, I wish that could happen…but this is angst, so I doubt that will happen, or at least not quite like that. but for everyones information, I'm a huge sucker for happy endings, so expect happiness in the near future! ^^

Snoochie: yer welcome! ^^ ty, I try my hardest to think like whomever I'm writing to be…but I dunno about this chappy…I'll prolly end up redoing this one, but I just have to get it up for now…<__>

chrisy12: ty! I shall continue to try my hardest!

Yuzuki Potter: o.o wow…*glows with pride* I feel so special! And so sad at the same time…gaaaah! Stupid computer making my reviewers disappointed! *kills computer*

………………

*multiple times*

………………

^^;

A Ninny Mouse: arigato! ^^

X-with stars: yes, I know, I'm sooo horrible, makin 'em suffer like this, but what can I say? I'm evil >=D

So aaaaanyways, that's all for now. I'll prolly upload the next chappy tomorrow. And remember, this is a jointish chapter thing with the next one, so that's why its so short. So tata!

-Kura