InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Need You ❯ A Dark Cloud ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, any of its characters, or whatever else. Yeah...and if I use any quotes...I don't own those either...
 

A/N: I wasn't sure how to start this story out; everything I wrote just didn't seem to fit. So instead I opted for a short summary. This is a Rin/Sesshomaru fic, but I hate reading story that just jumps right in the middle, and doesn't give just a little bit of background so you at least know what the heck is going on!
Also their ages are: (For the demons', the ages are appearances; NOT actual) InuYasha: 17, Kagome: 17, Sango: 18, Miroku: 20, Shippo: 9, Rin: 9, Sesshomaru: 21, and Jaken is just freakin' old.
 
*After 2 years of fighting demons and searching for all the jewel fragments, the gang finally defeated Naraku and had successfully put the jewel back together.
*InuYasha decided to use the jewel to make him human. (I know Kagome didn't care rather InuYasha was human or not. But if InuYasha were to stay half-demon, there would always be the chance he could hurt Kagome if he ever lost hold of the Tetsusaiga. Also, his eyes stay golden.)
*Kikyo is dead….again. As in, in the ground…six feet under…gone… No long-well…you get the idea.
*InuYasha asked Kagome to marry him and she accepts. Miroku also asked Sango to marry him; she agreed on the condition he would treat women with more respect.
*2 months before the wedding Shippo met a family of Fox Demons and decided to live with them.
*Kohoku died peacefully after the jewel was removed from his body.
*The little orphan Rin is still by Sesshomaru's side, along with Jaken and Ah'Un.
*InuYasha agreed to have the wedding done twice; once in the Feudal Era and once in the present so Kagome's friends and family could attend.
 

The story starts at the end of the wedding in the Feudal Era. As the celebrations ensue, Shippo notices a dark cloud covering the entire sky….
 
CHAPTER ONE: A DARK CLOUD
 
Shippo ran over to over to Kagome who was dancing with InuYasha. He tugged on her skirt and was greeted with a growl from InuYasha.
Shippo pouted, “Geez InuYasha, you're not a demon anymore. Why are you growling?”
Kagome stepped between them before they could fight, “Not now” she pleaded with InuYasha. She turned to Shippo, “What do you need?”
Shippo pointed behind him to a dark cloud that was coming towards them fast. “It looks like it's gonna to rain Kagome.”
Kagome frowned, “Damn.”
Kaede walked over, “That does not look like any rain cloud I have ever seen. It moves too fast.”
“Then what could it be?” Sango asked. By now she and Miroku had joined them. Unfortunately her question was soon answered.
Shippo tilted his head, “You hear that?”
InuYasha shook his head and glared in frustration at the young fox kit.
Since he was no longer a demon, his senses were that of a mortal and he was still adjusting to the fact, Shippo would hear and see things better then him.
Shippo stepped forward, scanning the area, “It sounds like screaming”
Everyone in the group tensed. After fighting for so long, it became natural. Soon the mortal eyes and ears could see and head what Shippo had, and it was frightening.
People were running towards them, screaming in fear. Kagome put a hand to her mouth in horror as she realized many of the people's bodies were half gone.
“My gods” Miroku breathed.
“We have to help them!” Kagome cried running forward, the others close behind.
“NO! Stop!”
The group halted and turned around to see who had cried out. It was the wolf demon Kouga.
InuYasha frowned and stepped in front of Kagome. “Why are you here Wolf?” he snarled.
Kouga ran towards them, his eyes fearful, “You must not go towards the darkness.”
“Why not?” Kagome questioned, “What's wrong?”
“I don't understand it, but…when the cloud passes over humans, they disintegrate into ashes.”
Kagome and Sango gasped while the men frowned.
“Are you sure?” Miroku whispered.
Kouga pointed behind them, “Look.”
They turned and Kagome dropped to her knees in shook; as the cloud past over the running villagers, they were no more.
Kouga grabbed InuYasha's arm, “You must get them out of here. All of you must leave.”
InuYasha hailed Kagome to her feet. “Kagome! Snap out of it!” he snarled but she just stared blankly at the cloud.
“Come on!” Kouga yelled. “This way!”
The group quickly followed the wolf demon who led them to the well.
“Only InuYasha and Kagome are able to go through there!” Miroku yelled, trying to be heard over the wind.
Kouga snarled, “Got a better idea? Just try it!”
Miroku grabbed Sango in his arms and jumped in.
“What about Kaede?” InuYasha asked.
Kouga pushed him towards the well, “I'll find her and protect her myself.”
InuYasha looked at Kouga with surprise. The wolf demon half shrugged and grinned, “Just because you married her doesn't mean I don't still love her. And I know she cares for that old woman. I'll find her.”
InuYasha nodded to Kouga his thanks as he jumped in with Kagome in his arms. Kouga stopped Shippo, “You'll be fine here! The cloud doesn't hurt demons. You must help me find Kaede.”
Shippo nodded slowly, “O-okay.”
 

Miroku grabbed InuYasha's arm, “InuYasha, we're still in the well in our time. How does this work?”
“How should I know?!” InuYasha snapped, “When ever I crossed over it just happened.”
Sango looked at Kagome, “We need her. Kagome, snap out of it!”
InuYasha placed the girl on her feet. “Kagome, can you hear me? Kagome!”
Sango took hold of her shoulder with one hand and gave Kagome a smart slap on the check with the other.
Kagome jumped, her eyes now focused, “Where are we?” she whispered.
“In the well.” Sango pointed up to the sky, “You have to get us out of here Kagome, or we'll die.”
Kagome looked around, “But I don't know how, it's just always worked.”
“Try using your spiritual powers” Miroku broke in.
Kagome bit her lip, “I'll try it. But I still can't control them very well.”
Sango looked up, “Well you better try something fast. I can see the tip of the cloud.”
Kagome closed her eyes and concentrated as hard as she could. “Momma….SoutaGrandpa….I need to see them again. I have to see them again. And InuYashaI have to protect him this time. He was always protecting me, now it's my turn. I have to save us. All of us.”
Kagome's eyes flew open as she felt a power burst from her. It surrounded her and her friends, then suddenly it was gone and she collapsed to the floor.
 

Meanwhile in a meadow not too far from the well, Rin ran in circles giggling and frustrating her playmate/watcher.
Jaken growled at the young girl, “Stop this foolishness at once girl and give me back my staff!”
Rin stopped and smiled, “But Master Jaken, Rin is having so much fu..” the words died on her lips and the smiled faded from her face.
Jaken ran up to her worried, “What's the matter child? Are you ill?”
“Master Jaken” she whispered and pointed to the trees.
Jaken turned and gasped in horror. A villager had come out of the forest, missing an arm and part of his face.
“What! What happened to him?!”
Rin fell back a step as the villager dropped at her feet, “Run!” the man choked out, “Run from the cloud! It brings death!”
Rin looked to the sky, her eyes fearful.
“There! I see it!” Jaken cried. “Come Rin, we must find shelter!” Jaken took off running but stopped when he saw Rin had not followed.
She was glued to the spot.
Jaken came back and tugged on her dress, “Run you foolish child. We must go!”
Rin did not respond. “I cannot not move. Why can't I move?!”
The cloud drew closer. Jaken grabbed his staff and hit the young girl over the head. “OW!” she cried.
“Finally you have come to your senses! We must go!”
Rin rubbed her head as she ran after the little imp. They ran through the forest and the tree branches slapping at Rin's arms.
Soon she tired.
“Master Jaken, the cloud still comes, and I cannot keep going!” she dropped to her knees breathing heavily.
“Stupid girl! Get up! Do you want to die?”
Rin shook her head, gasping for breath, “I can't go...another step.”
The trees shook as the winds picked up. Rin looked over her shoulder and saw the cloud looming over her.
“LORD SESSHOMARU!”
 

A/N: I'd really like to hear what you think. This is my first fanficion...so don't yell at me too much :D Also, if I spelled any of the names wrong please tell me.