InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Need You ❯ 10 Years Lost ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
CHAPTER 10: 10 YEARS LOST
 
Saturday morning Linda picked Rin up and took her to her sister's house. Linda's sister, Rachel, greeted them a smiled and hugs. She led them inside and back to her study. Rachel shut the door and locked it, explaining her children sometimes burst in during sessions.
Rin sat on the couch and Linda sat on the arm, earning her a glare from Rachel. Smiling sheepishly Linda slid down next to Rin, while Rachel sat in a chair across from the girls.
“Linda told me you've been having some problems, with your memories?”
Rin half shrugged, “Kinda of. You see, for as long as I can remember I've been having this dream.” Rin stopped, slightly hesitant to share something so personal with a complete stranger, but Rachel's blue eyes were filled with warm and Rin felt her fear just slip away.
“The dreams...are of me; when I was a child. I'm crying and calling for someone. But I don't know who. Then, lately I've been seeing things, images standing right in front of me. But they're not really there. Just hallucinations. And I've been having theses strange...flashbacks I guess. It's been happening more and more. Like when Etsuko Kobayashi was calling me names and telling me I was a nobody. I remembered hearing it said to me before. Like when I was a child.”
Rachel frowned thoughtfully, “But you haven't remembered these things before?”
Rin shook her head.
“I see. Well, I would like to put you under hypnosis. I believe Linda explained that to you.”
Linda nodded.
(A/N: This next part is just my babbling. I really have no idea how they do hypnosis. So, use your imaginations and work with me.)
“Good. Now Rin, I want to you focus on this.”
Rachel pulled a watch from her pocket, “Focus on this and listen only to the sound of my voice.”
Rin watched the watch swing back and forth, her dark eyes wide.
“Now, close your eyes and think about your dream. Think about one thing from it, something you know better then the rest.”
The man with the golden eyes filled Rin's thoughts.
“Do you have it?”
“Yes” Rin whispered, as if afraid the image would vanish if she spoke too loud.
“Describe it to me.”
“It's a man. He's tall. I can't see any details, it's too dark.”
“That's because you've hidden him in your mind for so long. Try to brighten the picture. Concentrate.”
Rin's eyebrows furrowed as she thought harder, “Who are you?”
Rin smiled, “I can see his eyes. They're golden, like my father's.”
“Is it your father you're seeing then?”
“No, Dad is not that tall. And his eyes are much warmer. These eyes are...cold, hard.....and sad.”
Rachel looked over at Linda then back to Rin, “Okay Rin. Now I want you to-”
“No!” Rin cried out.
Rachel looked surprised, “No what?”
“I have to go back!” Rin's body went ridged and she grasped the couch tightly, “I can't stay here. He'll be looking for me! No!”
Rachel grabbed Rin's arms, “Rin, you need to calm down. Tell me what-”
“Let me go!” Rin threw Rachel's hands off, “I have to go back!” Rin was sobbing now, tears streaming down her face.
Linda looked at Rachel panicked, “Rachel, help her!”
Rachel knelt in front of Rin, “Rin, I'm going to count to three, then snap my fingers and you will wake up: 1...2...3!”
“My lord!” Rin screamed as Rachel snapped her fingers.
Rin's eyes flew open and she looked into the shocked faces of the two women, “What's happened?” her voice was horse.
“You went postal” Linda whispered.
Rin touched her face, still wet from her tears, “What'd I say?”
Rachel stood and stopped the tape recorder, “You talking about a man with golden eyes. Then you started screaming.”
Rin's eyes widened.
“You were saying to let you go. You needed to return to someone. Someone who'd be angry.”
Rachel sat down again, “Linda's right Rin. This looks like you've pushed aside important and key memories. Painful ones. You tucked them way back in you mind and now they're coming back, with a vengeance.”
“What should I do?”
“What's your earliest memory?”
Rin answered without hesitation, that was on question she'd asked herself many times. “When Mom and Dad brought Yanna and Kit home from the hospital.”
“How long ago was that?”
“7 years”
Rachel leaned forward and frowned, “So your mind blocked out the first 10 years of your life. Interesting.”
Linda tilted her head, “Can't you just make her remember? You know, do the hypnosis thing and let her remember this time?”
Rachel shook her head, “No. Not in this case. Rin had something, very traumatic happen to her, something she wanted to forget. If I were to bring that back suddenly, I don't know what it could do to her.”
She stood, “I suggest you look into you past Rin. Look at photos, papers you drew, anything. I'll look over the tape again and let you know if I find anything.”
Rin and Linda said their thanks and goodbyes and quickly left. As they drove back to the shrine Rin was silent, lost in her own thoughts. “10 years...what could have happened that I would want to forget 10 years?”
 
Rin slowly trudged up the steps to her house. Confused about what Rachel had said and confused about what to do next. “I can't ask Mom or Dad; they'll just make up some excuse like they always do.”
She sighed and opened the door, “Mom? Dad?”
No one answered.
I thought they'd be home by now” she walked up the stairs to go to her room; passing by her parent's door she could her two people inside, arguing.
Quietly Rin tiptoed over to the room and pressed her ear against the door.
 
Kagome and InuYasha stood at opposite sides of their room, glaring at each other. They'd been yelling at each other for the past 20 minutes and now stood silently, but the tension in the room was thick.
Finally InuYasha broke the silence, “I just don't understand Kagome. Why should she be punished when she was just defending herself?! She did nothing wrong!”
“Yes, she did InuYasha!” Kagome snapped, “She should have just walked away.”
“It's not that easy!”
Kagome threw her hands up, “Yes it is. You just like to do everything the hard way, take the difficult road. Never do anything the simple and usually easier way.”
“We need to tell her” InuYasha said quietly.
Kagome stared at him in shock, “What? No, no, no. We can't do that and you know it! If we say anything, she'll remember everything.”
“She's already remembering Kagome!” InuYasha snarled, “In fact, she's never really forgotten. Besides would it be so bad for her to know where she came from? Know why she's so different? She at least deserves that!”
Kagome shook her head stubbornly, “I'm sorry InuYasha, but Rin can never know-”
The floor outside their door creaked and InuYasha quickly turned to open the door.
 
Rin silently cursed her luck and made a quick but quiet dash away from the door, “Stupid floor boards.”
She opened the door to the attic and quietly shut it behind her. InuYasha and Kagome's door opened and Rin held her breath till their footsteps faded down the stairs.
Exhaling loudly Rin sat on the steps that led up to the attic and leaned against the wall. Looking down she realized she was shaking.
They know. They know! They know what I've forgotten.” She hit the steps angrily with her fist, “And they won't tell me!”
Taking a deep breath she looked up the stairs, an idea forming, “Well, if they won't tell me” she stood and walked up the stairs; her jaw set and determination in her eyes.
Then I'll just find out for myself.”
 
 
A/N: PLEASE REVIEW