InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Surrender ❯ I surrender ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I Surrender
A normal outing… until something goes terribly wrong… OOCness
“Talking” `thinking' /lyrics/ “/talking with lyrics/” `/thinking with lyrics/'
 
 
Sesshomaru and Rin are out on another round of checking his land. Rin has always enjoyed this. Getting out of the castle. Being able to sleep under the stars with her Lord. Seeing the way the moon light shines off his hair, making him glow like a god. Any woman, human, hanyou or demon would fall in love with him. But since she has spent most of her life with him… each time the moon shines on him like that, he loses her breath. Each time is never like the last. She can't fully remember his beauty… and she never wants to forget… and she doesn't want any other woman to have it.
 
Sesshomaru is also happy to get out of the castle. No servants. No stupid questions. No one to bug him. Just being able to sit under the stars with no interruptions. He's just glad to be outta there and to be able to walk and wander around. He's a dog demon, that's what they do. It's what h loves to do. Even more now with Rin. Every time she sits under the night sky, with the fire light casting over her face, makes her look like an untouchable being- no goddess. And she is untouchable… he cant have her, even though his instincts say yes, she's human and he's a demon. And that's a no. To have her as his must be forever. Every time he sees her sitting there, her beauty startles him, every time. No matter how many times he sees her like this she can still take his breath away… and he wants to have her. He sees the looks on the young human, hanyou and demons faces, when they come across her. He wants to be the only one that can see her whole beauty. He wants only him to have her.
 
`I'm getting older… I'm nineteen now… and soon I will turn old and die…NO! I cant. I'll never be done with Sesshomaru.' Thought Rin.
`With Rin getting older, it'll grow harder to hold onto her… and to let her go…' thought Sesshomaru.
There's a fire in both their hearts. And no matter how hard they try it wont go away. Even if they deny or ignore it... its there.
 
/ There's so much life I've left to live
And this fire is burning still
When I watch you look at me
I think I could find the will
To stand for every dream
And forsake this solid ground
And give up this fear within/
 
Rin look up at Sesshomaru, `oh-my…' “Lord Sesshomaru?”
He looked up at her, “yes Rin?”
`… I cant say it…' “Never mind…”
“Ok.”
They sat a little longer, each with the same thing on their mind
`/ Oh what would happen if they ever knew, I'm in love with you?/'
 
The next morning, they were one their way, and then they ran into a spider demon. It saw Sesshomaru as a good fight and so attacked him. It also saw Rin... a human… worthless human o it must die! Sesshomaru was able to hold it off, but when it stuck its leg out, it hit Rin square in the chest… threw her heart…
Rin collapsed onto the ground and her life flash threw her eyes… memories of her and her Sesshomaru.
“NO!!” Sesshomaru howled. That was the last thing she heard, right before she was hurled into a world of darkness…
 
/Cause I'd surrender everything
To feel the chance to live again
I reach to you
I know you can feel it too
We'd make it through
A thousand dreams I still believe
I'd make you give them all to me
I'd hold you in my arms and never let go
I surrender/
 
After looking at Rin's lifeless body for only a second, his eyes turned red and he slaughtered the worthless demon. He ran to her side just as she let out her last breath…
 
/I know I can't survive
Another night away from you
You're the reason I go on/
 
`Rin… I'm sorry… I should of smelt him and made you stay behind.' Soon realization hit him fast… and hard. What would he do now? He's spent all his time protecting her… now what? The one thing that made him find a better way of living was dead. `What do I do now? If it weren't for you Rin… id never be able to feel these things I've felt for you…. And this is how you end it! By dieing! No! You cant die!'
 
Rin looks around. She is surrounded by nothing… ahead of her she sees a light. `No! I'm… dead… No! I can't be dead!! This cant be… Sesshomaru needs me! I can't die and let him go back to being ruthless, and become even colder!! No!! I will not die! I will not leave him!!'
 
/And now I need to live the truth
Right now, there's no better time
From this fear I will break free
And I'll live again with love
And no they can't take that away from me
And they will see.../
 
Just then a demoness appeared before Rin.
“Wh-who are you?” Rin stuttered.
“Sesshomaru's mother.”
`Wow.'
“Do you love him?”
`Whoa… she gets to the point fast…' “Yes.”
“Will you stay by his side forever?”
`Why is she asking m this? Cant she tell that I will?' “No matter what anyone says or what happens.”
“To stay with him you must receive the kiss of undying love from him… and it must be true… with nothing tainting is mind.”
The dreams Rin had when she was young with Sesshomaru went threw her mind. And she smiled. The look he gave he were a sure sign that he loved her right…?
“I'd give - no surrender all these memories about him just to get back!”
“All right, you may keep the memories, but he must give you that kiss.”
“And if he doesn't?” `Stupid question Rin… but then again if he doesn't….'
“You will return here.”
`Obviously.' “All right.”
 
/I'd surrender everything
To feel the chance to live again
I reach to you
I know you can feel it too
We'd make it through
A thousand dreams I still believe
I'd make you give them all to me
I'd hold you in my arms and never let go
I surrender/
 
`No! Don't be gone! Rin!!!' Sesshomaru yelled in his mind. He took her body back to his castle and had placed her in the gardens
A familiar yet different feeling hit is chest. `-What's this feeling n my chest? Why has it gotten stronger?? Is it because of Rin? Is it because it knows you're not here anymore?' He hit the ground with his fist and made a hole.
He leaned towards her ear so no one could hear what he said.
“I can realize it now Rin… that I love… and I love you more than I ever thought I could love someone! Please come back! I will surrender it all for you! I don't care what they think! As long as I have you!!”
A single tear fell…
 
/ Night's getting longer
And this fire is getting stronger, baby
I'll swallow my pride and I'll be alive/
 
“/Can't you hear my call I surrender all!/” they both called out to each other.
He saw the colour in her face return.
The darkness turned to grey.
 
“/I'd surrender everything/” said Sesshomaru as he knelt by her head.
“/To feel the chance to live again/” called out Rin as everything went white.
“/I reach to you/”
“/I know you can feel it too/”
“/We'll make it through/”
”/A thousand dreams I still believe/”
“/I'll make you give them all to me I'll hold you in my arms and never let go I surrender/”
 
He moved back and sees Rin's eyes flicker.
His hopes rise.
 
`Please Rin… everything I do, I'll do it for you… just please live! Don't leave me! I would never leave you!' “You're my world,” he whispered. “Don't you know that I wont leave you? I'll be yours forever! The looks will only be for you. I'll die for you! Don't give up on us!”
 
/ Right here, right now
I give my life to live again
I'll break free, take me
My everything, I surrender all to you/
 
She can see him… he's leaning over her…
 
/ Right here, right now
I give my life to live again
I'll break free, take me/
 
Her eyes shot open.
Sesshomaru smiled… a very rare smile, meant only for one person…
“…Rin…!?”
“… Sesshomaru!!”
Rin bolted up and hugged Sesshomaru tightly. Afraid that he'll only be a dream and will be taken away. He returned the hug just as tight. He too afraid that she will disappear again. This time for good though
 
“/My everything, I surrender all to you/” said Rin
 
As quickly as their hug, Sesshomaru captured Rin's lips with his. Giving her the kiss of true undying love… which she lovingly returned it.