InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Will Find You ❯ The Final Battle... Or Not? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I Will Find You

Authoress: Kihaku Shiteki [KiKi]

Summary: [Slight AU] [Inu&Kag] [Mir&San] This fan fiction takes place after chapter 465 of the manga, Hikari [Light]. One huge spoiler fiction. It has been a month since Kikyou has passed and Naraku chooses to show himself once again. During what seems to be the last battle of their journey, the Shikon no Tama begins to glow a mysterious blue. Naraku and his minions seem to know what’s going on. Enter the Inu-Tachi and others in the modern era where they have to find each other all over again. No one remembers what has happened, except Naraku and his minions. What will happen when they all come together and the power of friendship and love will them to remember? How will the Inu-Tachi react when, and if, they remember?

Chapter 1: The Final Battle... Or Not?

I watched him as he sat in the Goshinko Bu. My heart lurched for him every time I saw his eyes shake with unshed tears. How could I help him? It had to hurt to look at me and see the reflection of the woman you love and watched die. “InuYasha...” I whispered as I looked away from the heart wrenching scene. I knew I was going to break down and cry at any moment and I couldn’t show my weakness in front of him, not now. I quickly stole away to a nearby stream. I took off my shoes and socks and slipped my feet into the tepid summer water. “I wish I could help you without reminding you of her...” I absentmindedly whispered.

“You are wrong, Lady Kagome. He knows you are not her... and he realizes that you two could never be one.” came a voice from behind me. “Sango-chan... She finally let you slip away for a little, ne?” I asked the houshi standing behind me. I heard a slight, yet nervous chuckle. “I wish that was so... Alas, she fell asleep.” he replied. “So you snuck away, ne?” I asked him. “Hai... But I won’t tell if you won’t tell...” he told me as he sat beside me and slipped his now bare feet into the water as well. “Iie.. I won’t tell...”

We sat there in uncomfortable silence.. I had no idea what to say or do and I’m sure he was feeling the same way. Finally something came to mind, something that haunted me ever since Sango-chan cried on my shoulder after Kikyou’s passing. “Miroku-sama... You know you’re not a coward... There wasn’t anything any of us could have done to prevent Kikyou from leaving this world... And I think she was glad to finally pass... and the fact that she and InuYasha were able to say farewell helped her leave.” I said, still looking at the water and fish swimming beneath it. “I... I know, Lady Kagome. It’s just that... I...” he began, but trailed off. I smiled, he didn’t want to hurt my feelings? It was too late for that... They’ve been hurt ever since Kikyou left us.

“You didn’t want InuYasha to suffer by losing Kikyou-dono...” I finished for him. “Kagome...” I heard him whisper. “You don’t have to worry about my feelings... I’m a big girl, I can handle the truth when it slaps me in the face.” I spoke in a monotonous tone, such of one that it scared me. “And just what truth would that be?” he asked me, more of a demand. I looked at him to show my now tear-stained face. The tears continued to fall slowly down my cheeks. “The truth that InuYasha loves Kikyou-dono, always have and always will. And that she has hold over his kokoro...” I answered.

“Kagome...” he began in a stern voice. “Miroku-sama... I’m not blind, I’m not stupid, and I’m certainly not naive... I’ve known for a long time... It just took some time to finally admit it out loud.” I continued. “Kagome!” he exclaimed. I stopped and my eyes were wide. He had never yelled at me... much less raise his voice to me. “H-Hai?” I asked. “Gomen na sai, but you are wrong... InuYasha cares for you.” I gave a bitter laugh. I knew he cared for me... I always knew that... But the houshi just couldn’t see... could he? “I know InuYasha cares for me... But he doesn’t love me.” I forced out of my mouth, as much as I hated to admit it... I heard him gasp. “I’ve asked myself many a times after I figured that out why I stay? It wasn’t until after she and InuYasha said farewell that the answer finally came clear enough to me. I love him... And only want to see him happy. I know being around makes him happy, no matter if it’s just a crush happiness. He’s my life... I couldn’t bare the though of being away from him... no matter what he says or does.” I confessed.

Miroku then did something that surprised me, he brought me into an embrace. He never shows that much friendship towards me, never hugged me so. I broke down, I cried my heart out on his shoulder as he held me. “Kagome-sama... I had no idea... That you hurt so bad. I knew you hurt... But it seems that not only is your heart hurting, but so is your soul.” he spoke softly. I looked up at him and I felt helpless. “Neither did I... Not until now...” I choked out, my voice leaving me. My eyes began to close and I felt very exhausted. “Kagome-sama!? Kagome!” I heard Miroku yell as I felt my strength give way.

I opened my eyes moments later to find everyone gathered around me. “Naraku...” I instantly uttered out of my mouth. I sat up and held my head. “S-Shikon shards... Naraku’s... He’s coming.” I stammered out. “Oh, Kagome-sama!” Sango exclaimed as she hugged me tight. “I thought something serious had happened to you!” she cried. “I’m fine, I guess the Shikon shards are so tainted that their power overwhelmed me. Don’t worry.. It won’t happen again... I was just caught off guard.” I quickly replied. I looked over to see InuYasha looking at me. His eyes.. They were different... Like he had heard everything between Miroku and I... Oh Kami... I hope not.

“So I see our little miko anticipated my arrival, ne?” asked the sinister voice that I had come to loath over the several months. My head turned around and my eyes became hard. “Naraku...” I spat with venom dripping off of every letter. I instantly grabbed the bow from the mountain and my hamaya. I knew they were strong enough to kill him, I had rubbed the soil from the cave Onigumo laid in over their tips. Sango grabbed her Hiraikotsu and Kirara transformed into her youkai form. Miroku grabbed his staff and InuYasha unsheathed his Tessaiga. “Shippou-chan... Hide... Onegai...” I begged him and he did exactly as I said.

“I see that the older miko’s passing hasn’t broken your spirits, ne?” he chuckled. Everyone’s heads turned towards me as I spoke. “You bastard! How dare you talk about Kikyou-dono in that manner! She didn’t deserve what you put her through! She deserved to live her life out!” I screamed as I notched a hamaya, the tears already beginning to fall. “So our little miko wants to attack first?” he laughed. My anger took over my reiryoku. I let my hamaya sail through the air. I pictured it hitting his heart and for a moment it seemed like it would. Out of nowhere appeared the albino child, Kanna. She absorbed my hamaya and I instantly knew what she was planning to do with it.

Everybody watch out!” I screamed as she reflected the arrow towards us. “Oh no you don’t!” I heard InuYasha growl as he stood in front of us and deflected the arrow, transforming his Tessaiga down. “InuYasha!” I yelled. What was he thinking? He was vulnerable now and it was because of me. I ran up to him, but he pushed me back. “Kagome! Stay back! I won’t lose you too!” he yelled at me. I fell to the ground and his words surprised me, I never expected him to say a word to me let alone that! Naraku went in for the kill and my heart broke. “IIE!!!” I screamed as I ran towards Naraku. “KAGOME-SAMA!” I heard everyone yell after me. I didn’t care. It was my fault this was happening, my fault the Shikon no Tama came back into existence, my fault that Naraku was going to win, and my fault for Kikyou and InuYasha not being together. I was going to end it right here and right now.

“Gomen na sai, minna. This never should have happened in the first place.” I silently cried as I grabbed the Shikon no Tama he dangled in his hands. “You wench!” he snarled at me. In that moment his tentacle came towards me and I saw the horror in InuYasha’s eyes. Suddenly there was a bright flash and everything went blank. InuYasha... I thought to myself. Please be safe... I pleaded...

The next morning I awoke to the beeping of my alarm. I looked at it to see that it was 7:45 AM... School would be starting soon! Shimatta!

A/N: I know... Done already? The first chapter may seem a bit short... But hey... Lol... Yes, I know... Cliffy... and I know confusion. I’m going to tell you that this is when the AU begins... Okay??? There will be no OOC’s... But now everyone and I do mean everyone [that is still alive, meaning no Kikyou or Kagura] is now in the modern era and only Naraku and his minions know what’s going on. I know what you’re asking. Where was Hakudoushi and Akago? Oh trust me... They are in this fiction, just weren’t at the battle considering Naraku wasn’t anticipating this to happen. Here is a little in-story translation of the Japanese words.
-KiKi

Kihaku Shiteki - That’s my alias and it means “Poetic Soul” if read from the Japanese style. [KiKi came from the “Ki” in “Kihaku” and “Ki” in “Shiteki”]
Hikari - Light
Shikon no Tama - Jewel of Four Souls or Ball of Four Souls
Inu-Tachi - InuYasha Gang
Goshinko Bu - God Tree or Tree of Ages
-Chan - Added to end of name showing either friendship affection or love
Houshi - Buddhist Monk
Hai - Yes
Iie - No
-Sama - Added to end of name showing respect
-Dono - Added to end of name showing spiritual respect such as Miko or Houshi
Kokoro - Heart
Gomen na sai - I am sorry
Shikon - Jewel or Ball
Kami - God or Lord
Miko - Priestess; Shrine Maiden
Hamaya - Purity Arrows [Miko’s use them obviously...]
Hiraikotsu - Boomerang made of Youkai bones
Youkai - Full Demon
Tessaiga - Sword forged from InuYasha’s father’s right fang, can kill 100 demons in one swipe
Onegai - Please
Reiryoku - Spiritual Abilities; Spiritual Powers
Minna - Everyone
Shimatta - Damn