InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ignoring Ain't Bliss ❯ Part 2... ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi all, thank you so much for the great feedback. Your all's suggestions made me laugh out loud. So here's the next part. Also for those of you following the long neglected 13 Ways to Kinda Say I Like You, it has also been updated yesterday. Quick Japanese lesson, one of my all time favorite words in Nihongo is 'jiro jiro miru' with is the verb for 'to stare'. Ain't that cool? Love you all, I own no one, they only live under my bed, downloading horror movies. Darth Mer Mer

Ignoring Ain't Bliss…Part 2

The great war had begun. The soldiers were lined up on the plush carpet that was their battleground. Granted there were only two soldiers, and only one of those was in any way interested in the fight, but that didn't cover the fact that the clash would be cataclysmic. The flaring battle auras of half demon and frustrated school girl swirled in the room.

Inuyasha cracked his knuckles.

Kagome ignored him.

Clearing his throat, the hanyou said in a very calm voice, "Kagome, I am giving you one more chance. Forget this and come back with me."

Kagome continued to ignore him. Her mechanical pencil clicking as the lead skritched on the paper. There was no way she was letting him win at this. Damned stubborn Inuyasha.

Creeping closer, ears flattened in anger, Inuyasha glared at the girl from behind. Damn stubborn Kagome. Gold eyes boring holes into the back of her head. He assumed the position and-

Jiro jiro miru. Stare, stare, more staring. His claws tapped impatiently on the carpet.

A shiver ran down the back of her neck, a feeling akin to having an ice cube ran down her back. The fine hairs on the nape of her neck stood at attention from the stare. Gritting her teeth, Kagome thought desperately, "I have to ignore him…damn, was this some power that hanyou's possessed?" She shook her head, "Ah, yes, the dreaded Puppy Dog Stare Attack." Stifling a laugh, she continued to study her algebra and geometry.

Che, that wasn't working as well as he had hoped. Scooting a few steps closer, he continued his onslaught. JIRO jiro miru…if she'd just get though her thick head, all serious battles of this war would be avoided.

Good grief! She had to physically stop herself from reaching to the back of her head to brush away the imaginary presence there. He was actually pretty good at that. But the grand fort of stubbornness that was Kagome stood strong even under the slings and arrows of the hanyou's glare.

Bristling with anger that he had still not received any response, he stepped it up again. JIRO JIRO miru! His claws were tapping constantly against the side of her chair. In a last ditch attempt to stare her into paying attention, he had placed himself literally at the feet of his enemy.

Fighting the urge to look down, Kagome ascertained that the half demon was sitting at her feet like a good puppy. Again trying desperately to concentrate on her work, Kagome silently bit the inside of her cheek to keep from acknowledging Inuyasha. He looked so sweet and harmless just sitting there, begging for her to pay attention to him.

That was when the second assault began.

Kagome choked back a yelp as Inuyasha poked her in the side. And it wasn't just a poke, it was a tickling poke, in the soft side of her belly.

Heh, heh, heh, got her.

Careful not to actually hurt her, Inuyasha slowly continued to poke Kagome in the exact same place in rhythm to her radio. Dum-dum-dum-POKE! Dum-dum-dum-POKE! Chuckling to himself gleefully, Inuyasha sensed that the girl would soon break and the battle and the war would be his!

Gritting her teeth, Kagome closed her eyes and took a deep breath. This was like a Chinese water torture trap, made worse by the fact that she was desperately hanging on to a mouthful of gasping giggles that threatened to escape with every single poke.

His finger sank into her side and rubbed against the soft fabric of her shirt. Admitting that his opponent was doing quite well considering, he decided it was time for the Coup de Gracie. Okay so it was a low blow, but all was fair in studying and war. "Oi, Kagome, I don't remember you being this squishy. Have you gained weight?"

Kagome's eyes crossed in anger. There was no way he had said that. Why, it was difficult to remain the size she was, trekking all over the Sengoku Jidai with Inuyasha. And lord knows he wasn't one to be light on the trekking. Quickly dousing her mind with mathematic equations and theories, she took a deep breath. It sputtered out too quickly as Inuyasha continued to keep time with the song, poking her on the downbeat. She had to resolve this situation quickly or it would all be over.

Heh, stupid wench. She just had to admit defeat now…she hadn't sat him so it must have hit a nerve even if she didn't respond. He could smell her hostility from his seat on the floor next to her legs. Grinning, waving his hands like a conductor of the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, Inuyasha began his assualt anew. And-a-one, two, three, POKE-POKE-POKE.

Kagome lifted her shirt and tucked it into the sides of her bra, leaving the pale flesh of her lower back, sides and flat belly exposed to the lamp light of her desk. Her face didn't change at all, but her mind cheered as she caught a glimpse of Inuyasha through her peripheral vision.

Okay, so she hadn't gained any weight…Inuyasha's mouth gaped slightly. Silently thanking the author that this wasn't a lemon fic, he shook his head and retreated to the bed. As fun as poking her had been, he couldn't bear to poke her bare skin. He blushed at the thought. Dammit, he thought to himself, that was dirty…well, he could play dirty too! He'd get her to pay attention to him one way or another.

Kagome's mind was trumpeting her victory. The blasts from the horn were joyous, exuberant and powerful. She felt like a Samurai Lord, looking over her safe kingdom as the enemy retreated, tails between their legs, running away into the night. Grinning, she scribbled another formula on her paper and knew that that had stopped the hanyou in his tracks. It was done, she could study, all was well!

At least it was until Inuyasha's haori coat floated down like a red bird and hung, perched at the corner of her desk. Her eyes widened as it was quickly joined by a pair of hakama pants, a white kimono and something that looked very similar to a loincloth. The trumpet in her mind sputtered out in a series of off key notes. Oh, dear sweet god…he wouldn't dare!?

"Ooii, Kaagoomee." She could hear the evil grin in his voice as he called out to her almost singing the syllables of her name.

Her mouth hung open…her eyes darted again to the pile of clothes. Ah, maybe they were extras…he had to have an extra set somewhere…who was she kidding!? Behind her, cackling evilly was a most likely grinning Inuyasha. He also happened to most likely be, at that very moment, without any scrap of clothing whatsoever...

To be continued.

Tell me what you think? Did you laugh? Did you cry? Are you shocked by this scandal? What's up next do you think? Did you quit reading halfway through? Well, I guess you wouldn't answer that if that were true because you wouldn't be reading this…Well, I look forward to hearing from you all. Love ya! Darth Mer Mer