InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ignoring Ain't Bliss ❯ Part 3... ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi again all, thank you so much for your comments. I began to write again because fifty of you wonderful people have me on your fav authors list. And it's fun! Tell you all what, I'll write an R-rated lemon (story with adult themes, for those who asked…) if I can get on 60 favorite lists. Hope you are enjoying the story thus far. Love you all, I own no one, they only live under my bed translating doujinshi. Darth Mer Mer

Ignoring Ain't Bliss…Part 3

A bead of sweat hit the page of Kagome's notebook. Behind her cackling like a maniac was a naked Inuyasha. Must NOT look back…must not look back…looking back. NO! No, no, no, no, no! God, it was tempting though. A somewhat lecherous grin snuck onto her face. Shaking her head, she wiped it away and looked back down at her homework. Inuyasha let loose another singsong call of her name. She somehow resisted the urge to answer him. Where on earth did he learn his battle tactics? Kagome wrenched her head back to look down at the page in front of her. Suddenly math was the last thing on her mind.

He knew it! Even now, she wouldn't turn around. It had been a risky move, he admitted, but since he was safely covered by Kagome's bed spread, bundled like an Eskimo, so he had little to fear. All those nights watching Miroku try to get Sango's attention weren't for naught. These maneuvers must have been having some effect. The girl's spine was rigid, her hair parted slightly, and peaking though was the nape of her neck. Down the soft curve slid a bead of sweat. Grinning, Inuyasha crept closer, sheets still firmly in place. He leaned up, rising to his feet with all the grace of a mountain cat, sleek, lean and beautiful, Inuyasha gently pressed his mouth to the back of her exposed neck.

Kagome tensed. Good God, what the heck was he doing?! She became as rigid as the ancient trees from which the Hanyou came as she felt his teeth playfully nip at her neck. The studious version of herself, yelled from the deep crevasse as her deeply repressed carnal self (dressed in a striped tiger bikini) fought to push her down, "IGNORE him, Kagome! Fight-o!"

Ha! He had her! Inhaling deeply, he puffed out his cheeks and blew all the air out on her neck making the most god-awful farting sound she had ever heard.

For a moment there was only silence, Inuyasha still poised, his mouth on her neck.

He didn't move.

Nor did she.

With the speed of an old woman, Kagome slowly leaned forward and shut her math book.

YES! There was no way she could ignore him now!

Sadly, Inuyasha had overlooked the English book Kagome selected from the pile. Her fingers played through the pages until she found her chapter and settled in to read it. Currently they were studying bathroom nouns, how terribly appropriate for Inuyasha's show of toilet humor.

No way, no freaking way! His face fell. She was still not paying attention. His ears flicked suspiciously as he heard footsteps by the door. Uh-oh.

Before he could move Kagome's mother opened the door. She looked at the scene.

Kagome was at her desk studying as she had promised to do.

The strange boy from the Sengoku Jidai was standing behind her, wrapped in a pink sheet with little cats on it, biting her daughter on the neck.

She did what any good mother would do. "Kagome, dinner's ready. Will Inuyasha be joining us?" Smiling brightly, she looked over at the boy. "He seems…hungry."

"Inuyasha's not here." Kagome sighed, flipping to the section with verbs and pronunciation practice.

"Ah." Her mother looked at the boy.

Inuyasha sulked back to the bed. "The wench is ignoring me." His ears drooped.

Stifling a laugh, Mrs. Higurashi watched as her daughter fought off the urge to acknowledge the strange young man. It was so evident by her posture that she was close to failure that it was comical.

"Sorry mom, I've gotta cram all night if I'm going to pass the exam." She pushed her hair back wearily. Smiling a sad grin and sighing, Kagome leaned back in her chair and stretched. "And with the way THINGS are going, it's been hard to make any headway."

Her mother nodded sagely. "I see. Would you like me to bring you anything?"

Kagome looked back at her book as if it were the single most boring item in the world. "Nah, I think I'll manage." She smiled as her mother nodded again and let the room calling out behind her, "If you need anything, call me."

As the door shut behind her, Kagome's stomach growled loud enough to rattle the window. Inuyasha chuckled, "Stupid."

She had to bite her tongue to keep from telling him to shut up. It was going to be a long, long night.

To be continued.

Heh, well there it is. More to come when I can do it. Love you all. DMM