InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ignoring Ain't Bliss ❯ Part 4... ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi all, just two more people add me to their fav list and then it's lemony time! Wahoo. For those of you who don't know, I started out by writing lemons. They aren't here anymore though…sigh. Thank you all so much for your feedback, it's making me laugh sooo hard! Well, let me know what you all think. Love you all, I own no one, they only live under my bed staring at life-sized cutout of Spike from Buffy. DMM

Part 4...

Inuyasha sulked downstairs when his nose and stomach demanded a recuperation time. All that staring, biting and disrobing had been tiring. So now, he ventured into the kitchen warily, happily back in his clothing. Lured by the tempting smells, his hand brushed over the bumpy surface of the wall and then clicked over the tile covering the kitchen counter. Ears drooping, he sighed and sat at the place Mrs. Higurashi had set for him.

"Hello again, Inuyasha. Is there something wrong?" Kagome's mother looked over at him though her lashes as she delicately slurped her soup. His posture signaled that indeed there was something amiss for the young man. She smiled. Perhaps he was upset by Kagome's sudden urge to study. Mrs. Higurashi had her own ideas and feelings on the matter, but she had chosen to keep them quiet for now. She herself had gone through what the two young kids were dealing with at one time long ago. Chuckling she thought that she was more akin to Inuyasha in her own little drama of the past than Kagome.

"Yeah…" He said half-heartedly holding out his hand for a bowl of rice. Looking around to find Souta and the old man absent from the table he raised an eyebrow. "Where's the rest of the clan?"

She brushed her hair back as she scooped the rice out of the cooker and piled it high for the young man. "Oh, Souta and Tou-san when on a small trip to Narita to get some things for the Shrine's main store. It's so hard these days to find good Shikon Jewels." She sighed.

Looking at the woman warily, Inuyasha shook his head. Strange one, she was. "The wench is not paying me any attention."

"'Wench' being my daughter, yes?"

"Ah, yeah, Kagome…she's ignoring me for no good reason." He flattened his ears to the side of his head, turning to yell at the ceiling, "She's gonna get FAT if she just sits there!"

There was a thunk of a book dropping but nothing else.

He sighed, thumbed at the area where Kagome's room was and said, "See?"

Stifling a laugh behind her hand, Kagome's wise mother took another bite of her food. "Well, perhaps you aren't going at it from the right direction. Is the food too spicy? Had I know you were coming I would have made something else."

"Nah, it's edible…I already tried the right direction." He mumbled, "And the back and the other side of her too."

"No, no!" This boy was too much. "I mean, maybe you…uh…strategy is not the right one." She raised a finger and wagged it at him. Perhaps you are acting in a way that's normal and Kagome can easily read your moves." She smiled widely.

Slightly taken aback by the woman's acute analysis of the situation, he looked at her smiling face, debating on weather or not she was kidding with him. "So what do you think I should do?"

Sly grin on her face, she waved him closer and whispered in his ears, taking a moment to move higher when she remembered that his were on the top of his head. "That worked out for the best when someone was courting me."

Eyes slightly wider than normal, Inuyasha scooted back to finish his dinner and contemplate the idea as he slowly chewed his ika. Would that really work? Well, there was nothing to lose by trying, gods knew she'd never expect something like THAT. But wait… "Well, if it worked so well for you then where's your mate?"

Mrs. Higurashi paused, her food halfway to her mouth. A sadness filled her eyes as she set down her rice bowl. "I had a very rare love, Inuyasha. It was like waking up to an entirely new world everyday, something so wonderful, magic and unimaginable. I was so happy that if it had lasted longer than it had, I think it would have killed me. For humans, we think that we have to be happy. But in the end, I think everyone gets the same amount of every emotion, sadness, pain, and happiness. Some get their happiness slowly, over many, many years. Others, well, they get there's all in one grand but short span of time. I was one of the second ones." She returned to her meal, smile on her face, a far away look glazing her beautiful eyes. "One of my more lasting happinesses is in your hands." She whispered, eyes still clouded with memories.

The two finished their dinner in silence. Inuyasha's mind still too full of questions to speak. Swallowing the last of his meal, his nose and stomach finally conquered, he thanked her for the food and the advice and dashed back upstairs. As he lept up the steps he gave into his need to quit thinking and act.

Kagome gave an involuntary shudder as she felt Inuyasha approach her room at breakneck speed. What on earth was he doing now? Her eyes, glued to the book she missed it as Inuyasha slid to a stop and a small whirlwind of dust flew past him.

"Oi, Kagome, I'm leaving since you aren't gonna acknowledge that I'm here." He stalked to the window and threw it open, inviting in the night wind to ruffled Kagome's concentration.

Yes, yes, YES! Her mind screamed in triumph. Her ears perked as she heard a thump down below her windowsill. Heart racing in her chest, she rose from her chair. Momentarily hung up by the annoying popping in her back, she flexed and then crept to the window. There was no sign at all of the hanyou. "Hallelujah, thank you Kami-sama!" She sighed and traipsed back to her studying, blissful that the main annoyance was finally bested at his own game. She felt sooo powerful.

She didn't know that he wasn't gone, only hidden under the desk.

At least she didn't know until her foot hit something that said, "Oof."

No, no. NO! Please, her mind cried, let it be Buyo. Please? She had half a second to contemplate the optimistic idea before she felt claws that were much too large for a cats brush her calf. "The word for 'urusei' in English is 'annoying'. The word for 'bakabakashi' in English is 'ridiculous'." Her words froze as Inuyasha worked one of her socks free of her foot, cackling low in his throat. Kagome grinned, ah, so that was what he was up to! Well little did he know that she was no where near ticklish on her feet. She had won this battl-

What the…

No, no…

He wouldn't!

Oh…good…god!

Heheheheh, no, this is SO NOT what you all are thinking this is. This will not, is not and never will be a lemon. But to find out what is going on, gimme feedback, lots of it if you want! Love you all! DMM