InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In My Secret Heart ❯ The Annoying Man with the Enticing Smile ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Hmm…what….who are you people?!

 

Hey peoples (if there are any peoples) I just noticed I don't have ANY reviews! One reader though who shall remain unnamed said that there was an error that kept popping up saying reviews wouldn't go through! Well I've got a solution. PLEASE, e-mail me your reviews so I know people are reading. Below is my e-mail address. THANK YOU!:

 

cheetah_girl7@hotmail.com

 

Quote of the Chapter:

 

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream- Edgar Allan Poe

 

 

The Annoying Man with the Enticing Smile

 

Kagome awoke the next morning feeling slightly confused. Had that boy in the forest really been there, was she going insane, had it all been a dream that her desperate heart wanted so badly to be real? Kagome followed her regular morning routine in her baffled state. Her sensible side told her to report the boy, but her tender, more compassionate side wanted no harm to come to the enchanting demon. Kagome tried to convince herself that he couldn't have been there anyway, but nagging doubts somehow gave her a defiant hope. The best thing to do was keep her mouth shut in front of Lord Koga, but discussing it with Sango couldn't hurt.

 

~*~*~*~

 

Sango as it were, was a couple miles away. She was not a pampered inner servant like Kagome and Rin. She wasn't allowed to sleep in past dawn, not that she harbored any ill will toward her friends. She did grow jealous occasionally though.

 

Finally, she reached the stream where the servants were allowed to drink. Lord Koga and his line drank the purer water from the well near Kagome's garden. Sango shrugged, she didn't mind the stream water, it tasted life giving, not stale like the water she had sampled from the well. Sango kneeled at the banks of the shallow river, she could wade to the middle and the water would come just above her knees. Sango began to fill her bucket and became aware of a stranger across the river watching her with interest.

 

Sango snatched up her bucket, petting Kirara, her demon cat, nervously. The stranger was a monk that much was easy to tell by the purple robe her wore. Even so, these days shape-shifting demons would turn into anything to trick foolish humans. He got up from his sitting position, screwing the cap onto his canteen. Sango's blood boiled at the thought of someone steeling from the grounds, even something like water, while she was in their presence.

 

"Hey!" she hollered across the lake, "Get over here!"

 

The monk looked at the river, it may have been shallow but the current was fairly fast, "How?"

 

Sango realized that he couldn't come across, "Kirara."

Her little demon cat transformed into a fiery feline beast. Sango straddled Kirara's back and in one swift, graceful bound the pair was on the other side. The monk didn't look the least bit surprised; he smiled charmingly and offered to help her off her cat. Sango eyed the hand warily, but jumped off preferring to use her own balance. In her independence however, she failed to realize that Kirara had landed on a mossy area. She miscalculated the force needed to dismount and ended up falling straight into the monk's arms.

 

"Does balance always come this easy to you?"

 

Sango kept her face down, ordering the blush that stained her cheeks to subside so she could tell off whoever the water stealer was. When the heat faded to a normal temperature Sango snapped her head up to the intruder.

 

"Who the hell do you think you are-" Sango started, but found her voice would no longer come out of her mouth.

 

The monk she had unwittingly fallen into was unbelievably handsome. His eyes were an unnatural color of violet that danced with mischief. His pleasing features complimented his perfect smile, which seemed to hide several hidden intentions. The offending limb on her backside immediately cut off her admiring of him.

 

Sango's eyes went wide; no one had dared touch her, on pain of castration. Her hand flew at breakneck speed issuing a sharp SMACK that cut through the serene environment. Her mouth hung open as she watched the perverted monk rub his cheek and shrug.

 

"Apologies," he said bowing, "but it is hard to contain one's self around such a tempting women."

 

His smile made her want to melt; it was only her fierce anger and pride that prevented her from running right back into his arms. Her cheeks flushed with rage and she clenched and unclenched her fingers trying to remind herself that killing him would most likely result in her own demise.

 

"How dare you!" Sango yelled angrily, "How dare you touch me you horrible lech."

 

The man sighed, "How can I deny myself the simple pleasure of touching such a beautiful creature."

 

Sango fought herself fiercely against the tempting feeling that told her to let herself listen to his appealing words.

 

"What are you? Surely not a monk as your outfit would claim, that would make you a demon," Sango knew very well he wasn't a demon, Kirara would have noticed, but the idea of beating him to a pulp was becoming more and more attractive.

 

"I am no demon, but I see you are hostile. Let's start over. I am Miroku, a monk, my duty is to serve the common man," Miroku bowed again for emphasis.

 

Sango snorted, "I'm sure, so I guess groping my behind was to bless it?"

 

Miroku shook his head, "That was simply me appreciation your perfection. Which reminds me, will you bear my child?"

 

Sango was flattered despite herself, "How many women has that worked on?"

 

Miroku smiled fondly, "Too many."

 

Sango's slight fondness quickly turned to anger, she probably would have lashed out if he had not laughed good-naturedly to show he was joking. She decided she liked his laugh, though not at her expense.

 

"So," Miroku said cheerily, "what brings you here?"

 

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Sango retaliated.

 

Miroku, oblivious to the hostility looked down at his right hand, "I'm just a traveling monk, in search of a way to cure my illness."

 

"And what would that be? Wandering Hand Syndrome?" Sango snorted indignantly.

 

Miroku looked up sadly, "I am cursed with a Wind Tunnel in my hand, it was passed down to my father, from my father's father and so on. The only way to rid myself of this curse is to kill Naraku. Soon it will consume me as it did my family."

 

Sango immediately regretted her sarcastic comment, "Oh, I'm so sorry."

 

Miroku looked up grimly, "It's alright, you never told me why you were here."

 

Sango hesitantly pointed to the mansion, it felt degrading to admit that she served a master, "I'm a slave in that household, to Lord Koga."

 

Miroku frowned, gently grasping Sango's hand, "To cage such beauty and force upon it such tasks, it should be a sin."

 

Sango blushed, and made no effort to hide it, she glanced at the sun almost above her. Sango hurriedly snatched her hand away and grabbed her water bucket.

 

"I should have been back hours ago!" Sango started to run back to the mansion, careful not to spill the water.

 

"Wait!" she heard Miroku call from behind her, "you never told me your name!"

 

"It's Sango!" she yelled over her shoulder, but not bothering to look back.

 

"Well Sango," Sango heard him say smoothly, "'til we meet again."

 

Sango looked behind her to wave, "Goodb-"

 

There was no one there. Sango pondered the strange emotion that had made her seem defenseless and stupid. Why did that lech have such an effect on her? Sango glanced at the rapidly rising sun. No time to think now, she could only pray that Lord Koga's little cronies, Ginta and Hakaku, (A/N I kinda guessed on those names you know Koga's little dudes, one with the thing on his head the other with a Mohawk? If you know their real names tell me. ^_^) didn't notice she was gone.

 

~*~*~*~

 

Alright, I'm done now, off to go do…something…whatever! Hey have any of you seen that new `Peter Pan' movie? It's so adorable; I'm such a geek. Ah the cleverness of me! Ok, I'm done, bye!