InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In One Breath ❯ In Truce: Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

tiarella_cordifolia

Tiarella_cordifolia

[I]n [O]ne [B]reath

[revised]

PG-13 Inuyasha Romance (Sesshoumaru/Kagome)

Disclaimer: The characters of Inuyasha do not belong to me, I hold no claim to them whatsoever. Therefore, do not sue.

Summary: Kagome has unknowingly given her heart to Inuyasha. Inuyasha is torn between K

Kagome and Kikyo, his past love and current "obligation". Kagome understands Inuyasha's confusion and accepts her place as second best and awaits Inuyasha's final decision. However, a heart can only take so much, and when Inuyasha keeps postponing his choice, Kagome is slowly falling out of love…and falling in love with another….

_______________________________________________________ ________________________

[Part 4] In Truce

"Trying to do well and trying to beat others are two different things" - Alfie Khon

Stepping quietly in the shade of trees, a young miko slipped in between the shadows that grew softer under the sun's bleaching hands, reaching to uncover the stealth figure creeping back to camp. Her eyes went dark as a creamy glaze licked her eyes- remembering.

A soft rustle. Movement of silk. Silence.

"Sessshoumaru-sama?"

A brief pause followed by what Kagome felt as a nod, leaning against the youkai's lean structure. She knew there was something awkwardly unreal about this picture, something so perfect that even in fairytales seem too unreachable. For in that instant, the far corners of her mind registered the fact here lays a demon-lord known for his unmerciful blood with two humans in his embrace- a young girl with absolute admiration for him and an untrained but powerful miko in the other. She snuggled deeper into the folds of his kimono, inhaling his masculine scent and reveling in his strength, taking from him the security she lacked, security she needed, and pushed the questions and doubts away.

If he were to kill her, she would die happy feeling safe once more.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, can we keep her?"

The oldest of the three tensed and Kagome battled her heart to remain calm. She did not know what she wanted, she only knew her heart and mind wished to feel protected and respected, something Inuyasha lacked to do but something Sesshoumaru had unknowingly provided to her.

"We shall see. We shall see Rin."

She wondered what that meant for her. What that might mean of her future. He had left her the moment she woke, without a word with his ward by his side. She had nothing left of that night to remind her it was real, and in many ways, she reasoned it might have very well been a dream. Hallucinations on her part for someone to understand- anyone.

But she wanted it to be true.

Perhaps, it was a part of her that wished to betray Inuyasha, even if it would never amount to the betrayal he has shown her. Perhaps she was a hopeless romantic deep down, hoping for her shining knight in armor to swoop down and save her from this hell. Perhaps she really did long for Sesshoumaru and Rin as her company in her time of healing. Or perhaps, she wanted to forget.

Forget the feeling of being useless and unneeded, but instead help and play with Rin as she did Shippou. Forget the feeling of being hated by men, but instead feeling a bit accepted for who she was by Sesshoumaru, however minimal. Forget Kikyo. Forget Inuyasha.

In her daze state of mind, she slipped, just as her entire world came down upon her. She knelt up painfully aware of her bruises and scratches, but more aware of the dawning realization that perhaps, all she wanted was to be selfish and wallow in self-pity, where she could drown in self-misery and no one would be there to warn her. Perhaps, she wanted to cause those around her guilt, when they deserved none.

She looked up at the camp, only a few feet away. She gazed at Sango who would take her disappearance as she would for her own sister. She looked at Shippou who would take her disappearance as he would for his own mother. She looked at Miroku and Inuyasha, and though neither was ever attached to her as she was to them, they would feel awkwardly responsible for something they perhaps did or did not do. Her face burned in shame, knowing while they never complained, she was very much so their burden, perhaps even more than Inuyasha claims. They took it upon themselves to look after her and she in turn was their source of happiness. She in turn took it upon herself to bring them closer, as they themselves have no idea how.

She was their confidant and here she was, forgetting how much they needed her and instead, looking for what she needed instead.

And so she resolved to try as hard as she could to strengthen her desire to stay with them, no matter how much Inuyasha may haunt her. She would try her best to be there for her friends, even if they had no idea how important her role in their life is as much as how much of a burden she was. She would stay.

She will remain faithful to her friends, but she would also remain faithful to herself.

A rustle of leaves above and disturbance of wind pushed her out of her thoughts as she gave life a tired smile.

It was time to face her fears.

________________________________________________________________ _______________

[End of Part 4]

For those who are a bit confused with the titles, basically they're all different chapters in order, but they follow one quote and saying/moral. So like Parts 1-3 are all To be who we Pretend to Be and Parts 4-(?) will be In Truce. I know its kinda sloppy and…weird, but deal with me! Also, the titles and parts of the original story are gonna be changed, but basically all the same thing. Review!! ^^