InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In the Palm of her Hand ❯ Surprising Predictions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
Surprising Predictions by SunsetMiko [Drabble #103]- Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal

Theme: palm
Genre: General
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 400
Summary: Kagome's friends push her to visit a palm reader.
Kagome watched nervously as the psychic took her hand and pulled it closer to examine it. Seeing the look on her face only increased her worry. Really, if demons, priestesses, witches, and more were really real, then why not palm reading? She knew this wasn't a good idea. Why did she let her friends talk her into this?
-
The psychic blinked long and hard before opening her eyes and studying the palm in her hand once again. It wasn't possible. This girl had the most unique life line she'd ever seen! It started out normally, but when it should have reached its end it curved around, reconnecting with itself a short distance above where it started. It actually looked like a really skinny capital Q and what it meant… No, it wasn't possible.
How could her life line never end? How could this normal looking girl before her be destined to never die? She certainly looked mortal enough. She even had a healing cut on her forearm that proved she was at the very least human. It didn't make any sense at all.
Shaking off the disturbing life line, she decided to focus on something else. The psychic moved on to the love line, taking into account where it met the life line, and then closed her eyes.
“You have already met your true love. You have known him for some time now, but very soon you will begin to realize your attraction to this man.”
-
“Oooooohhhhhhh,” Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi teased from where they stood behind Kagome, the only reasons she hadn't bolted.
“So she's finally going to give Hojo a chance?” Eri asked.
“It's not Hojo!” Kagome hissed in annoyance before continuing in a whisper, “Please don't let it be Hojo.”
The psychic smiled in amusement before continuing. “This man is no ordinary man, in appearance or otherwise. He is tall with long, flowing hair…”
“Oh! I'll bet it's your bad boy, Inuyasha,” Ayumi interrupted.
“No, she already likes him. That wouldn't make sense,” Yuka scolded.
Now Kagome was interested. “Would you guys shut up? I want to hear this!”
Taking her cue, the psychic continued once more. “…and very unique eyes. Those eyes have been watching you for quite some time as he has planned and strategized how he will attain you. His planning will soon end and the hunt will truly begin. Good luck.”