InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In the Palm of her Hand ❯ Resigned to Fate ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
Resigned to Fate by SunsetMiko [Drabble #104]- Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal
Theme: wall
Genre: General
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 300
Summary: Kagome's friends push her to visit a palm reader.
Kagome leaned against the wall outside the palm reader's shop trying to calm her swirling stomach. What she'd said, well, it was overwhelming and even rather creepy.
“Those eyes have been watching you for quite some time as he has planned and strategized how he will attain you. His planning will soon end and the hunt will truly begin. Good luck.”
Like she didn't have enough stalkers already! Between Hojo and Kouga, Kagome was on the verge of changing her entire wardrobe into frumpy oversized clothes, cutting her hair short, and pretending to be a boy altogether! She didn't need someone else sneaking around watching her in hopes of `attaining' her. No, that was not a happy thought.
Her mind was swirling just as quickly as her stomach as she tried to figure out who in the hell the palm reader had been talking about. It was someone she knew. He was tall with long hair and unique eyes. Gee, that wasn't very helpful. Assuming this person was in the Feudal Era it could be practically any demon! If he was in her time then she didn't have a clue, but no, everything pointed to this being just one more messy turn her life would take because of that damn well.
Inuyasha wouldn't be happy, even if she knew she wasn't in love with him anymore. He still guarded her like she belonged to him. Only then did Kagome remember the palm reader's other words.
“…your true love…”
Kagome groaned. That sealed it. Whatever was to come would come whether she wanted it or not. If she'd learned anything during her time in the Feudal Era it was that you can't fight fate. Resigned to her destiny, Kagome began to picture demons she knew, silver hair dancing in her mind.