InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent Blood ❯ Kiss Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, everyone, since at least one person liked it and reviewed, I will update.
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha
Innocent Blood
Chapter 2: Kiss me!
Kagome finally consented to let Inu Yasha take her home. He quickly glanced over at the prone figure, crumpled at the base of the wall. He allowed himself a satisfied smile when he saw his state of unconsiousness. Yeah, he wouldn't be bothering anyone for quite a while.
He lightly touched her elbow and propelled the motionless girl out of the dark alleyway. "Come on," He said so as not to frighten her.
He was surprized when he met no resistance, was this girl crazy? It was one thing to let her rescurer take her home. After all, what guy wants to wake up one moring to the news of some poor girl who was murdered that night, then to find out that the victom was the very same girl he had rescued the previous night. All this just because she had refused to let him take her home.
He shook himself and reconsentrated, after almost being raped, how could she stand a complete stranger touching her!
He shook his head in disbeliefe, he'd never understand women, human or otherwise.
When they walked under a streetlamp Kagome seemed to recollect herself and jerked her arm free of his strong grasp. He chuckled to himself, that was better.
She led him through the streets, both were silent, centered on their own thoughts. Inu Yasha was walking slightly behind the girl, absenty waltching her walk. She had a slight sway to her hips when she walked, though it was not deliberate.
He had a slight problem on his hands, this girl was supposed to be his meal! And here he was walking her home safely. The only reason he had helped her out before was for himself, how could he finish his ring if his the girl wasn't a virgin, it just didn't work. So he had protected her. But that didn't explain why he was taking her home when he could just kill her and get it over with. After all, he was a vampire, not a knight-in -shinning armor!
He was so close to completing his ring he could taste it! He groaned and could feel his fangs enlongating again. His blood roared in his veins, pounded in his ears. He stopped walking and watched her. At first his eyes fastened on her neck, which was covered in her glossy black hair.
When she noticed he was no longer with her she paused and looked over her sholder at him. His eyes rose to meet her expressive brown onces. He tried to contntrol his raged breathing and forced his fanges back.
She turned around and started to walk back to the tense vampire, "Are you alright?" She asked with concern in her eyes.
"Yes, I just - remembered something." His eyes were alight and his blood still sang in his vains with a mixture of blood lust and passion.
"Um," She regaurded him uncertainly, "Do you need to go? Cuz I can get home on my own, if I have to."
He smiled at her reasuringly, "No that won't be necessary. I'll take you home, then complete my business."
Reasured she smiled back and started walking again, slowly he followed.
Her aparment was small, a grand total of four rooms. The first room was the living room. It was furnished with a small two cushined couch and two chairs. At the foot of the couch was a small coffee table, and each of the chairs was paired with a side table. Both side tables held a lamp and a small drawer. The tv was placed in front of the table and was framed by two potted plants.
At the far end of the room he could see two doors. One led, presumably, to a bed room, the other was the entrence to the kitchen. he assumed the bathroom was attached to the bedroom, but didn't bother asking.
She kicked her shoes off and led the way into the apartment. He followed her example and took off his shoes. "Why don't you sit down and have a drink with me?" She asked already heading into the kitchen. Well this would definitly give him oportunity to to take the blood he so craved.
"Sure." Was his reply as he seated himself on the small sofa. She popped back out of the kitchen. She had taken her hair out of the tight pony tale she had had it secured in before. He couldn't help but notice how it cascaded well passed her shoulders. She was very beautiful, and her eyes had a mesmerising quality to them. He wasn't sure what it was though.
"Um, what do you want to drink?" She asked with a small smile, "I don't drink alcohalic drinks so that's out of the question, but I do have milk, orange juice, Dr. Pepper, and water."
He grinned at her, "That's okay, I don't drink much myself. A Dr. Pepper is fine." He assured her. She smiled in response, and dissapeared once again into the kitchen.
He took the time to survey the room. It was a modest dwelling, with a scatter of decoration. A few pictures graced the walls.
She came back in holding a glass of orange juice in one hand and a Dr. Pepper in the other. She handed him his requested beverage and took a sip of her own, seating her self next to him on the couch.
"Thanks, " He said taking the drink, "So do you live here alone?"
She nodded, "Yeah, after my father died, living with my mother became unbearable. So I ran away. When they found me I refused to go back. My grandfather made a deal with me, as long as I can support myself, I can live on my own. He got me this place, and I was left on my own. I only wish I could've taken Sota away from That Place too." Her voice had grown regretfull and her eyes had a slightly far away look in them.
"Sota?" He questioned softly, encouraging her to continue.
She abliged him, "My brother." Her smile was affectionate, and sad.
"You love your brother very much, don't you?"
"Yes, yes I do."
He smiled sadly, "That must be nice."
She looked up at the sound of his voice, "Don't you have any siblings?"
Inu Yasha laughed dryly, "Yeah, as a matter of fact I do. A brother. We don't get along well."
"Why ever not?" She asked him innocently, and his breath caught. How could anyone be so innocent?
"I'm only his half brother. To him," His smile turned grim, "I'm just tainted blood." Now how ironic was that? Vampires don't really have any blood, well no real blood anyway. Their blood was black, and thick.
"Oh." She said softly and watched him lift his drink to his lips. She put her own drink down on the coffee table. Then she saw a glint from one of his fingers and moved closer to him to see what it was. A ring! He brought his drink down slowly and gave her a quizical glance, golden eyes watching her with amusement.
"what?" He asked her.
She touched his hand, bringing it between hers to see better. "That's beautiful!" She declaired.
"Glad you like it." He said in a softer voice than normal. She looked at him questioningly, and he touched her cheek lightly. "Before I go, will you give me a kiss?" His eyes pleaded with her silently, and burned with something that could only be passion.
She thought about it for a moment before laying her hand on his chest and leaning closer to him, "For someone who just saved me? I think I could afford it." His eyes shifted to her lips and she licked them nervously. She reached up and gently brushed her lips over his in a chaste kiss. It wasn't enough for him though. Not with the blood that was seering it's way through him.
When she pulled away he moved forward, his hands going to the small of her back to pull her closer to him. He repositioned her so she was sitting on his lap, stradaling him, he brought his lips to hers in a passionate kiss. He teased her bottom lip with his teeth. He nipped softly and she gasped in surprise, allowing him to deepen the kiss. His hands were making designs on her back, and her arms moved up to encircle his neck. One of her hands sought out his ear and started to outlign it, not noticing the odd pointed shape.
He finally pulled away from her and both of them were panting. She was still wrapped around him, and his arms still held her captive. "I'd better go." He said softly, breaking the silence, she nodded silently. Neither moved for a long moment, Inu Yasha drank in her beautiful captivating eyes. Then one his hands reached down to capture her thighs and draw them away from his body, his other hand unwound her hands from his neck. He moved her off of him and stood up.
He walked to the door and quickly replaced his shoes and walked out the door, before he changed his mind.
When he was gone, all Kagome could do was stare at where he had been. Her limbs were week, and her body was heavy, though her vein's were flooded wtih liquid fire.
Kagome's hand reached up and touched her lips softly, that had been the best kiss she had ever had. She admitted to herself with a small smile.
*grin* I have this all typed up and am rereading it myself...it always surprises me when I go back and reread my work...(I already have 25 chapters) This was better than I remeber...Well...the deal still stands, if I get at least 1 review I will update it tomorrow...but if not you'll just have to wait till I get around to it...
Review!!!