InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent Blood ❯ Best Friends ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm terribly sorry I didn't update yesterday..I was sick...so I'm doing it this morning, if you are all good and give me at least one review I'll update again today...heck I might do that anyway...Well, I'll let you read:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha
Innocent Blood
Chapter 3: Best Friends
Inu Yasha slowly dragged his hand though his silver hair as he slowly walked down the stairs of Kagome's appartment building. That had not been what he had been planning. He still had to find a way to drain her of her life's blood. But that was going to be much more difficult now. He felt like a young boy who just got a new pet, and finding out that his parent's were planning to kill his new lamb! It was just unthinkable!
So now what was he supposed to do with her, how was he going to sort out this problem. He wasn't even sure why he had kissed her! The rememberence of it sent shivers up his spine and blood rushed through his body. He groaned, she was supposed to be his food!
He stormed out of the building and jumped up the building to the roof, he had to think this out. His body seemed sluggish, and weighty. He needed fresh blood, it had been over a week since his last feeding. Because of his human blood he didn't have to feed quite as often as others. He could also stand the sunlight, and human food and drink, though it didn't do anything for him. That was why he had been able to drink the soda Kagome gave him. He was much like any other human, only he had beautiful silver hair and golden eyes that singled him out to anyone. But even that wasn't uncommon, contacts and hair die could give anyone his coloring. His other vampire characteristics were more noticalbe, though easily hidden, such as his pointy elf ears. His ears were hidden by long hair, which was his perference anyway. His fangs were easily shrunk to look like normal peoples teeth.
He started to search for anyone that would make a good meal. He didn't need to find a virgin anymore, he had one within his reach now. Actually he had chosen her about a month ago, but had been either too busy to take her, or hadn't found a good opportunity. Then the momment he did come up with a perfect oportunity, he goes and does something totaly unorthedox. He Kissed her!
He saw two young men weave their way toward him, obviously drunk. He turned away from them, no they wouldn't do. Drunks carried traces of their drink in their blood, and he had learned from experience that drinking their blood left him worseoff than before he fed. Alcohol affected vampires differently than it did humans. It made their limbs heavy, and their borrowed blood slugish. THey were left weak and almost defenceless. Their only defence then was their appearance, which would doom them if they were found by a vampire hunter.
Vampire hunters had come into existance when the early people of Japan became fed up with the vampires wreaking havic on their land unchecked. If a vampire didn't meet death from a vampire hunter, there was no way to for it to die. Even starving it it would just fall into a long sleep, until a mortal came across it. When and if that happened the vampire. would awaken to some point, and would feed on the mortal, regaining it's strength. It would be led by instinct alone, it's sane mind still being asleep till it was fed.
He walked above the city searching for someone to eat. Finally he spotted three girls headng into a club, they were young and NOT drunk. They were also not virgins, but that was alright, he already had his last meal in mind. In reach. He headed into the club with one goal in mind, he would feed tonight.
After he 'played' with the girl for a while he fed and left the corpse to be found by the cops,.or vampire hunters, who did everything in their power to destroy the evidence. He licked the remaints of the red liquid from his lips, and headed home.
Home was a large mansion outside the 'walls of the city', so to speek. The building had been in his family for centuries, since before the first vampire stalked the night. Inu Yasha's family could be traced back to the very first vampire, which basically made him royalty. Now all that was left of his family was his half brother, Sesshomaru, and himself, the half breed.
He mounted the steps that led to the large double doors and entered. The inside was much like the outside, dark, dimmly lit corridors, led into expensivley furnished rooms. There was a large library and the dinning room. Not to mention the two rooms used for studdies, (one for Inu Yasha, and one for Sesshomaru), then there were all the unused rooms, all the bedrooms (two currently in use) and then there was the Hall, and the ball room, there was also a swinning pool (rarely used) and about three bathrooms on each floor (three floors) A large staircase led from the Hall to the second floor. A small spiral staircase led to the top floor from either the second or first floor. Then there were other rooms, rooms that he didn't know what were used for, and there was the dungen. The dungen was where early vampires tortured their victems before the fed.
Inu Yasha made his way to his room, (on the second floor) but was stopped by a tall man who was standing in the middle of the staircase. "Sesshomaru." He greeted his older brother curty, he just looked back at Inu Yasha cooly.
"I see your back, little brother. And fed too." Sesshomaru looked at his brother closely, "But it was not your virgin. Wasn't that who you were planning on feeding on tonight?"
Inu Yasha reguarded the older vampire with a cold stare, "Not that it's any of your business, but I did see her today." Sesshomaru rose an eyebrow at this and Inu Yasha flushed, he continued to address his brother angrily, "I'm just playing with her! THat's all!"
"Oh, is that all." He said without an expression, "You just missed Kikyo. She came to see you."
Inu Yasha growled in anger. She had mannaged to acquire three red jewels, due to seduction. He despised her and now avoided her, after what she had done, she didn't deserve the time of day from him. "Too bad." He said with faked regret. Sesshomaru knew how he felt and was secretly amused by the whole senario.
Inu Yasha brushed passed his brother and headed to his room. He'd have to go find Miroku after he relaxed for a couple of hours.
Once in the safty of his room he stipped off his shirt and made his way to his bathroom (which was attatched to his room) and finished undressing (an: Now girls, no drooling! giggle). He then fiddled with the taps till it reached his desired teperature, and then slipped his lean body into the heated water. Once he had relaxed his mind started to drift back to that kiss, and then all he could see in his minds eye was her warm brown eyes smiling at him, full of emotion. He sighed, he couldn't keep his mind off her...or that kiss!
After soaking up the hot water he stepped out of the tub, (an: notty, notty girls don't stare...it's not polite!) and continued to dry himself and dressed in a black outfit, the shirt was open, reveling a good amount of chest. He then quickly left his room, and the house, to go find his best friend.
After sitting in the same position for about fifteen minutes Kagome jumped when the phone rang. He got off the couch on stiff legs and approached the offending apliance. She stared at it for a second, when it rang again she reached out to pick it up, 'Maybe it's Inu Yasha.' she thought hopefully, then shook her head, 'that was a stupid thought! he doesn't know my number, i never gave it to him. So who could it be?'
She lifted the reciever to her ear, "Hello?"
"Hey, Kag!" Her best friends voice came through the earpeice.
"Oh! Hey Sango! Did you want something?"
"Yeah, just a cup of surgar!" She said happily then giggled madly, "Just kidding! I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mall tomarrow.
"Um, yeah, sure." Kagome said slightly destracted, her mind was still on the tall handsome man who had kissed her, 'Maybe I'll see him at the mall tomarrow.' That was a stupid idea too! Was she going crazy?
"Kag?" Sango asked sencing her friends distress, "Is something wrong?"
"No, San. I just...met someone." She said softly.
Sango shreiked on the other end of the phone, and Kagome put it away from her ear in fear of injuring her eardrums. "No, way! What happened? How did you meet? What did he say? You have some explaining to do girl!" She declaired and Kagome giggled.
"Okay. Tomarrow." Kagome said firmly, Sango made a sound of dissapointment.
"See you tomarrow then." Sango said in defete.
"Tomarrow." Kagome agreed with a smile and hung up the phone. Maybe she would see him.
Well, I only can say:
review!!!