InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent Blood ❯ Memories and Dreams ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Innocent Blood
Chapter 4: Memories and Dreams
Inu Yasha knew exactly where to look for his perverted friend. The clubs were his favorite haunt, his favorite of these sites was a club named The Red Pixy.
So that was where he'd look first. Sure enough, there he was seated at the bar flirting with two blond girls and a brunette, who was sitting on his lap sipping her drink.
Inu Yasha ignored his friend's companions and spoke directly to Miroku. "I thought you made a deal with Sango that you wouln't do this agian?" Miroku shrugged with an easy grin.
"Well, yes, but we din't exactly set a starting date, so I'm in the clear."
Inu Yasha looked at him curiously, "What exactly did she promise you if you happen to win?" He sat down on the stool next to his friend and ordered his drink. (an:I know next to nothing about alcohalic drinks, so don't expect anything more than that)
"Oh," Miroku said with a sly, perverted smile, "a kiss."
Inu Yasha burst out laughing at the mental imange Miroku's words brought.
Sango stood rigidly in Miroku's arms. When he doesn't try anything she slowly melts into the kiss. Miroku takes this as an invitation to grab her butt. She stiffened again and pulled away from him swifly. She would then preceed to knock Miroku uncontious.
Miroku put on a sad face when Inu Yasha laughed, "That hurts!"
"Yeah, right!" Inu Yasha said, grinning at him The tree girls had long since dissapeared when they had realized they'd lost the young man's interest. "Well, the sooner you set a date, the sooner you won't get to kiss your dreamgirl!" He said teasingly.
Miroku glanced at him evily, "I will winn that bet, Inu Yasha." He said forcefully, eyes flashing at the thought. Inu Yasha just smirked at him, like he knew something his friend didn't, "And don't give me that look!"
"What look?" The half-vampire asked innocently.
"Ha ha." Miroku said dryly, "I know what your thinking, you don't believe I'll succeed, do you?" His accusitory eyes were directed at Inu Yasha, who just smiled.
Inu Yasha's handsome face broke into a mischievious smile, "I wasn't exactly trying to conceal my thoughts on the subject, now was I?" He pointed out, resting his head on his hand, elbow propped up on the counter. His golden orbs danced wi th a wicked light.
"Your confidence in me is overwhelming." Came the sarcastic reply.
"I live you serve you, my Lord. Your maral is in my ever thought." Inu Yasha replyed with amusement. Miroku looked at him suspitiously before changing the subject.
"So, what ya here for?"
"No reason." Inu Yasha said offhandedly. He wasn't about to tell Miroku about Kagome, who knows how he'd react. He definitly wasn't about to tell him she was his next victom. Even Miroku didn't know about Inu Yasha's tainted blood, and for a good reason too. Miroku was a Hunter, so was Sango for that matter.
Miroku came from a long line of hunters, all the way back to the first hunter. Sop if you ever found out about his friends dark side, he'd be forced to kill him. Maybe that was why Inu Yasha had befriended him in the first place. He loved living on the edge, and how much closer to the edge can a vampire get than having a hunter for a best friend.
Inu Yasha remembered their first encounter like it was yesterday...
flashback
Inu Yasha watched as the young hunter was surrounded by hungery vampires, he was obviously outnumbered. But still he fought on. The boy appeared to be about the same age at himself, around sixteen. He had blue black hair that he kept tied back at the nape of his neck in a small ponytail. Despite the dark night, Inu Yasha could see the young mans eyes clearly, a deep purple, growing darker with overwhelming fear.
Inu Yasha watched as the boy finally callapsed, whether from exaustion or fear Inu Yasha wasn't sure. The young vampire had to made a desision and quick.
The blood thirsty vampired were circling their prey, slowly drawing closer. The boy was cowering with his arms protectively crossed over his head.
Inu Yasha made a hasty decision to help the poor lad. He jumped in the center of the circling bloodsuckers. Standing protectivly infront of the teenager, he flexed his long clawed fingers threateningly. "Back off!" He said in a dangerous whisper.
One of the vampires, more than likely the leader, spoke up, "Youd align yourself with a hunter Yasha?" He hissed.
Inu Yasha chuckled darkly, "Whoever said I was going to side with him?" The other vampired exchanged confussed looks, "Don't be rediculous! I'm just going to play with him." He smirked, leathal fangs gleaming white in the growing darkness, "Play with him for a while, make him believe I'm his friend, see how long it takes for him to realize what I am. Then I'll kill him." He said in a monotone voice. The other vampires nodded in appoval with is 'game'.
The lead vampire bowed low to him, not only was Inu Yasha of royal blood, but he was also superior in strenth and speed. "So be it, My Lord Master." He said before slinking into the dark night followed by the other vampires.
Inu Yasha carefully retracted his claws and fangs to take on the appearance of just another human, he already had a story made up for how he had rescued him. He was just another hunter who had happened to sence Miroku's trouble and rushed to help. He turned around and touched the boy on the shoulder lightly. The human flinched but didn't move, Inu Yasha had to give him credit for his curage, if not his stupidity in taking on so many vampires by himself.
"Hey, you alright?" He asked shaking the boy's shoulders to get him to look at him.
At the sound of the friendly voice the blackhaired young man looked up, into INu Yasha's eyes, "W-who are you?" He asked getting to his feet, "Where did all the vampires go?" He asked looking around.
Inu Yasha shrugged his shoulders, "I chased them off." His voice dripped of arrogance, and his posture was one of confidence, "Probably saved your life in the process." He added.
The young man looked down, "Thanks, I've never fought so many before..." His voice trailed off.
Inu Yasha spoke into the silence again, "Name's Inu Yasha."
Miroku looked up and smiled at him, "I'm Miroku."
end flashback
"No reason?" Miroku asked, bringing Inu Yasha out of his musings. "You always have a reason, Inu Yasha, so talk."
Inu Yasha shrugged his sholders and took another drink. Miroku was studying him intently, determined to find what had gotten into his friend. Then after a moment of searching, a look of enlightenment came to his eyes, "This has to do with a girl, doesnt' it?"
Inu Yasha stared at him incredulously (sp), "How-how did you know?"
Miroku nodded his head in a satisfied fassion, "So who is she and what happened?"
INu Yasha rolled his eyes, this was exactly what he had been trying to avoid. "Well, nothing much happened. She was being attacked in an alleyway..." He was interupted by Miroku.
"More vampires?" He asked in alarm.
"No. Just ordinary rapists." He said before continuing, "I walked her pack to her place and she invited me in for a drink."
Miroku started to get a perverted look on his face so Inu Yasha hit him over the head again, "Nothing happened Pervert!" But he couldn't help blushing at the thought at what very easily could've happened.
"Sure..." Miroku said pointedly.
Inu Yasha ignored him, "Then I left." He deliberately avoided mention of the kiss.
"Your not telling me something." Miroku acused.
"Oh fine. I kissed her."
Miroku grinned widely and changed the subject, he knew not to push his easily angered friend. "I'm meeting Sango at the mall tomorrow, wanna come?"
"Yeah, I'll come." He said distractedly, only half paying attention.
"She's bringing her best friend...Kag-something."
"Kag-Kagome?" Inu Yasha asked to himself, aloud.
"Yeah! That's it! Kagome." He looked at InuYasha with slight susspistion on his face, "How'd you know that?"
"That was Her name...The girl I rescued." Came Inu Yasha's soft reply.
"And kissed." Miroku said with another perverted smile that earned his another bop on his head for the half vampire. "Don't worry about it, Inu. What are the chances that they're the same girl?"
Inu Yasha gave him a strange look, "Was that supposed to be reassuring?" Miroku shrugged.
The next day dawned beautiful and bright, not a cloud in the blue sky. Kagome sat by her bedroom window staring out into the horison(sp)
She was to meet Sango in less than half an hour and she still wasn't dressed. She was still wearing her pink and green pajamas. Her mnd kept drifting back to the dream she'd had. A dream that starred a silver haired stranger who had kissed her in her living room less than twenty-four hours ago.
She'd been back on the couch with Inu Yasha, sitting on his lap, his lips pressed against her passionatly, and she'd kissed him back. ONe of her hands had been tracing one of his ears, which her muddled brain noticed came to a delecate point. Her other hand traced the contours of his stong, muscular, bare chest...wait! When had his shirt dissapeared? She withdrew her mouth from his to spred butterfly kissed down his jaw and neck to his chest.
He growled and brought her lips back to his. When they next parted it was because he had pulled away to lavish her neck with kisses. He pulled her long ebony hair back from her neck. His tongue snuck out and traced the pulse point in her neck and she gasped from surprise. Then she felt his teeth teasing her flesh before pointy fanges pierced her slender neck.
Oddly enough she felt no pain, only a slight presure then he withdrew his fangs to suck at her wound. She felt her lifes blood leave her body to enter his mouth. His tongue whispered across her injury.
That was were her stupid alarm clock had interupted her dreams. Along with the bright light of morning. After turning off the annoying machine she had reflected over her dream.
She lightly touched her neck where, if the dream had been real, she would've felt two small puncture wounds. But all her fingers encountered was smooth undamaged skin.
She sighed and stood up to get ready to go to the mall.
When she met up with her best friend she was bombarded with questions.
She quickly sat Sango down and related the whole story with a great amount of detail.
"Wow...so what was his name?" Sango asked when she was finished.
"Inu Yasha."
'Hm, maybe it's just a coincidence." Sango thought to herself, "What did he look like?" She quiried next.
Kagome smiled, "Well, he was tall, and strong. He was well built, but lean, ya know? He had long silver hair and amazing golden eyes. His skin was a dark tan color."
"Oh." Sango said, her heart sinking. She knew him! She didn't want Kagome to get involved with him. SHe'd only wind up getting hurt. Whether he meant to hurt her or not, she would be hurt, Sango was sure of it. Though Sango did like him, who couldn't, with all that charm? He was sincere enough, but he was holding somethign back. Always had been.
She was brought back from her thoughts when Kagome's eyes widened and she gave a surprized gasp. Sango knew what she'd seen standing behind her, but she turned anyway.
One word escaped Kagome's lips in a surprised whisper, "Inu Yasha?"

Converting /tmp/phpDI6zye to /dev/stdout