InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent Until Proven Guilty ❯ Just Not My Day ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter Four: Just Not My Day
 
 
“Under arrest?! Who did I try to hurt?!” screamed an enraged Kagome.
 
She couldn't figure out what was going on, especially with the major hang-over hovering over her like a giant cloud. What exactly happened last night? `Think Kagome, Think!' She was pacing back and forth madly within the confines of her mind. Replaying through the events of last night, she couldn't think of one time when she tried to harm someone. Suddenly, the picture of Kikyo and Inuyasha popped into her head.
 
Was it Kikyo that thought she tried to hurt her? And what the hell had Kagome ever done to her, anyways? I mean, sure, she told her to leave or she would really regret it and she also threw a glass full of alcohol at her head but that didn't mean she was trying to beat her brains in! What was that psychotic weirdo up to? She already took her boyfriend, what more could the fiend want?
 
“The crime was reported by one `Tanna Kikyo.'” The officer replied stocially. “I'm sorry ma'am, but we are going to have to take you down town.”
 
Kagome was still in shock. All she could do was nod her head.
 
“Can I…” Kagome started.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Can I go put some pants on?”
 
The officer held back a chuckle. “Of course ma'am. But officer Kitana will have to escort you.”
 
Officer Kitana stepped forward wearing the ordinary police officer, with his long black hair tied up in a pony tail, and followed Kagome as she walked up the stairs, Rin still attached.
 
Once the three reached the bedroom doors that led into Sesshoumaru's room, Kagome entered quietly, the doors still slightly open since she couldn't seem to have closed them earlier that morning.
 
`Why the hell are his doors so heavy any ways? Is he afraid someone is going to steal his clothes or something weird?' Kagome thought with a peaked interest.
 
She gently set Rin down on her feet.
 
Looking over at the desk, she noticed that the jeans and shirt she was wearing last night were folded on the desk. Quickly slipping into the jeans, and doing them up, she reached into the desk for a piece of paper and a pen. Kagome quickly scribbled down a note for Sesshoumaru and gave it to Rin to give to her alcohol affected father.
 
Shaking her head wearily, she followed the officer out of the room, grabbing her shirt and purse on the way out. Rin, who was watching the entire ordeal unfold over the last couple of minutes, had her eyes brimming with tears.
 
Rin looked up at Kagome with a confused puppy look.
 
Kagome hugged the child tightly and told her that she had to go now.
 
At the sight of loosing a new friend, the little girl ran back down the hall, into her father's room, struggled onto the bed. Crawling over Sesshoumaru, she wiggled into his loose embrace and started to whimper into the dormant man's neck. She didn't know what was happening, but somehow, she knew it wasn't good.
 
(~^-^)(^-^~)
 
Sesshoumaru felt something hot slide down the front of his neck. Hearing strangled cries, he opened his eyes with great struggle and look down upon his daughter, who was currently shaking because of her hard crying. The sight literally broke his heart.
 
Why is she crying? Did she fall and hurt herself? Did she have a bad dream and got scared? Did she get yelled at by Jaken again? Did she lose her favorite toy? What possible could it be? Sesshoumaru's mind was whirling with confusion. All he could think to do was comfort his child and ask her what was wrong once she calmed down.
 
Gently wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into his chest, he began to stroke her dark hair while she held on tight to his silver hair.
 
After quite some time of murmuring calming words to her and trying to soothe her sorrow, he bluntly asked what was wrong.
 
“Lady go bye-bye!” Rin wailed as she smothered herself in her father's neck.
 
`Who the hell is `lady'?'
 
“Who, Sweetie?”
 
Rin choked back another painful sob before she answered. “Rin friend lady!”
 
Sesshoumaru was beyond confused and he knew there was not much he could get out of her.
 
Sesshoumaru groaned, trying to sort of last nights events. Playing through his day yesterday, his memories seemed to come to a complete stop when it got up to eyeing a beautiful woman from across the club. He rubbed his pain stricken temples, trying to dull the shooting pains in his head.
 
Sitting up, still with Rin in his arms, he started to walk down to the kitchen, all the while, thinking about what the hell happened last night!
 
All of this thinking was just increasing the pain in Sesshoumaru's head, so he decided to cease, at least until some of it dissipated.
 
Upon arriving in the kitchen, he noticed two bowls on the island. Both bowls seemed to have a few millimeters of milk still sitting in the bottom. Eyeing the box of Captain Crunch sitting on the table made him begin to think again.
 
`Some one ate my Captain Crunch?! Who?! Rin can have some, of course, I don't want her to go hungry, but she would NEVER use two bowls. Who had used the other one? Jaken? No, he hates sugar. A maid? No, they all eat before they come in. Maybe it is that `lady' creature that Rin is talking about.' Deciding that that was the most logical explanation, he set Rin down on the table, so she wouldn't fall off easily, cleaned up the bowls, and poured himself a cup of black coffee.
 
Walking across the kitchen, he attempted to open a cupboard that seemed to be stuck. Pulling on it with all his might, he managed to open the cupboard, hitting the door against his nose in the process.
 
`Ah! Fuck! Could this day get any worse!'
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama!”
 
`I thought too soon.'
 
Sesshoumaru tried to clean his now watering eyes, because of the impact and reached into the cupboard for the bottle of extra extra strength head ache reliever.
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama!!” The screech was indeed louder this time, Sesshoumaru mentally noted.
 
At that moment, a seaweed color blob hobbled into the room with rope burns on his body. Upon approaching his lord, he threw himself at his feet and started that annoying rambling he does on a daily basis.
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama, this lowly servant has something of great urgency to report!” Jaken cried unceremoniously.
 
`Stupid thing and his stupid fake humility. He's so full of himself you could fucking choke on it. Kami, give me the strength not to kill him, in front of my daughter at least.' At the last thought, Sesshoumaru raised his eyes to the ceiling, in a way of showing Kami that he was not joking.
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama, your brat of a child tied me to the chair again! That is the third time this week! And it's only Tuesday!”
 
Sesshoumaru looked down at Jaken with cold eyes, which, in turn, made Jaken cower in fear for his life.
 
Satisfied momentarily with the results, he looked up at Rin who was sitting on the stool, with a warm gaze that only she could see.
 
“A fine job Rin. Let me help you next time so that the little devil won't be able to move at all” Sesshoumaru told his daughter admiringly.
 
Rin giggled happily and hid her mouth behind her hand.
 
Sesshoumaru smirked at her lightly. `She is so amusing', he noted as he watched her swing her legs back and forth off of the edge of the marble table top.
 
“And you,” Sesshoumaru turned his sharp gaze back to the worthless bag of wrinkles. “If you ever speak ill of my daughter again you will surely not like the consequences.” Sesshoumaru stated in as a matter of fact tone.
 
Popping two pills in his mouth and washing it down with coffee, he listened with a bored expression on his face to Jaken ramble on about something.
 
“Trust me, milord, you must see this movie. So then, Dory finds this baby jelly fish and calls it squishy…” Jaken droned on.
 
`Dory? Isn't that from Finding Nemo? What the hell is Jaken doing watching a cartoon made for children? Sometimes I wonder if he is even a male.'
 
Sesshoumaru decided that he was done with this conversation. He finished off his fifth cup of black coffee, snatched up Rin from the table and left the kitchen. In the background, Sesshoumaru could still hear Jaken rambling on, apparently failing to notice his absence.
 
`Imbecile.'
 
(~^-^)(^-^~)
 
After handing Rin over to her day nanny, Sesshoumaru walked into the bathroom attached to his room, he took a cold shower in desperation that it would sober him up a bit more.
 
`I have a new case to work on today, don't I?' Sesshoumaru outwardly sighed at the thought. `Perhaps I should have looked at the case file before going out yesterday.'
 
He exited his bathroom, wearing his pajama pants and proceeded to his bed, contemplating whether to make it or fall into it. Deciding reluctantly that he should make it, he picked up one of the black covered pillows adorning his bed.
 
Before he could do much else, a soft knock was heard at his door.
 
“Enter.” Sesshoumaru called out to the recipient behind the door.
 
No one came in.
 
The knock came again.
 
“Enter!” Sesshoumaru hollered in case the individual couldn't hear him.
 
“Daddy!” Rin cried.
 
Sesshoumaru mentally slapped his head. He forgot his room was sound proof. Duh!
 
Walking over to the door, he opened it and saw his toddler standing in front of him, looking up into his golden eyes, her own swimming with adoration.
 
“Come in, Rin.” Sesshoumaru instructed, stepping aside to let his daughter enter.
 
Apparently, Rin didn't comprehend.
 
Sesshoumaru sighed, swooped down, and grabbed his daughter before closing the heavy door.
 
On his way back to his bed, Sesshoumaru saw that Rin had a piece of paper clutched in her two small hands.
 
“What is this, Rin?” Sesshoumaru asked, touching the paper and looking at Rin.
 
Rin just looked at Sesshoumaru and smiled.
 
Sesshoumaru chuckled and returned the smile.
 
Sitting down on the bed, with his back to the head board, he put Rin between his spread and bent legs before prying the piece of paper from her death grip. Bringing it up to his eye level, he read of the contents of the page.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru,
 
Thanks for letting me stay the night! Your daughter is the cutest little thing I have ever seen! Make sure you tell her that I said that. Thanks!
 
Anyways, the police arrived at your door this morning, asking for me. Apparently, I tried to beat the crap out of someone last night. Currently, I'm in custody of the Tokyo Police.
 
Tell Rin that when this whole thing gets sorted out, we will be able to play again! She's so sweet.
 
Well, I just wanted to let you know where I was so you didn't think I was some crazy thief lady or whatever. Perhaps I will see you around.
 
Kagome
 
P.S.
I took one of your shirts. I had to borrow it while one of your maids washed my clothes; I never quite got around to returning it. Sorry.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru read and re-read the letter.
 
`Well, at least it seems that I did not sleep with this strange woman, who apparently is a criminal. Obviously I will ensure that she has no contact what so ever with Rin. No matter what both of them say.'
 
Sesshoumaru looked down at his child who was pulling on a loose thread on his pants. Sesshoumaru sighed. He wished he could just sit here with her all day, but someone had to make the money. Leaning back and relaxing for a few minutes, Sesshoumaru took to playing with some of Rin's hair.
 
Perhaps he could call into work and tell his father he was unable to come because Rin was ill? No, that wouldn't work. Kaido would then come and check on Rin to make sure she was okay. Sesshoumaru gave it. To work it was.
 
(~^-^)(^-^~)
 
After arriving at the office building in which he worked, he entered the intimidating doors that read Taisho and Son. Oblivious to the outside world, he glided through many sets of doors, only to enter his office.
 
His secretary, which he has had for quite some time now, scurried in with a large cup of black coffee, apparently viewing his current state. No matter how hard Sesshoumaru tried to hide the pain dancing around in his head with a stoic face, it was not working out as greatly as it should.
 
Deciding to get some work done, he reached into his brief case and pulled out the case file he was supposed to review. The moment the folder landed on his desk, a swift knock came upon his door.
 
“Enter.” He replied to the knock with a hint of strain.
 
His father, Taisho Kaido entered his office swiftly. He and Sesshoumaru almost looked identical, except Kaido was slightly taller and always wore his hair up in a high pony tail.
 
“Good morning, Father.” Sesshoumaru greeted with a flat voice.
 
“Sesshoumaru, I'm pulling you off of this case and giving you a new one.” Kaido said, authority thundering in his voice. Before Sesshoumaru could respond, Kaido continued. “This case has a high priority and is quite difficult. I want you to throw your full attention into this. Understood?” Again, not waiting for an answer, he continued. “You will meet with the defendant one week from today. Here is her case file. You will start to prepare a defense on what you have now as well as finish up the paper work from you case with Kaguya.”
 
Kaido dismissed himself before Sesshoumaru could say two words.
 
`Well he seems cheerful today now doesn't he?' Sesshoumaru thought sarcastically as he opened the case file.
 
(~^-^)(^-^~)
 
Sesshoumaru approached the women's correctional facility wearing his regular black Armani suit and his briefcase in his hand.
 
After going through long and strenuous security measures, to make sure he wouldn't harm any inmates or try to assist any in escaping, he was finally granted access to the minimum security unit.
 
Entering the gray room, Sesshoumaru looked down from where he was standing. The area he was in was three stories high and on each story were rows and rows of cells. All of the cells were viewable from the position he was in. Looking down, he saw the common room which consisted of two dozen folding chairs, a table, a couple of decks of cards, books, and a nineteen inch color television.
 
Suddenly, a noise invaded his senses.
 
-*You Know I don't know what it is
But everything about you is so irresistible

Don't you try and tell me that he's not my type
To hide what I feel inside
When he makes me weak with desire
I Know that I'm supposed to make him wait
Let him think I like the chase but I can't
Stop fanning the fire, I know I meant to say no*-
 
Kagome stood in front of a large group of women in bright orange jump suits, conducting them through the song, while wearing her own jump suit.
 
“Ok! Now just the murders!” Kagome hollered over the Jessica Simpson song blaring over the P.A. Almost a dozen women started to sing the next part of the song.
 
-*But he's irresistible
Up close and personal
Now inescapable
I can hardly breathe, more than just
Physical deeper than spiritual
His ways are powerful
And irresistible to me (yeah yeah, I can hardly breathe)

Don't you think I'm trying to tell my heart what's right
That I should really say goodnight
But I cant stop myself from falling (falling)
Maybe I'll tell him that I feel the same
That I don't want to play no game (No)
Cuz when I Feel his arms wrapped around me
I know I'm meant to say no (I meant to say No...)*-
 
“Very good! But Snake Skin! Hon, you gotta kick it down an octave! You're too high! Other than that, keep it up!!” She instructed. “Now, the ladies who are in here for fraud! This is your turn!”
 
-*But He's Irresistible (Irresistible)
Up close and personal
Now inesacpable
I can hardly breathe ( I can hardly breathe)
More than just physical
Deeper than spiritual (oh oh yeah)
His ways are powerful
Irresistible to me

Can't You see whenever he's close to me
I really find it hard to breathe
He's so irresistible
Baby you know its more than just spiritual
His kisses are powerful*-
 
“Very nice, ladies! Very nice! Now, the drug dealers!”
 

-*He's so irresistible (yeah yeah)
Up close and personal (oh yeah)
Now inescapable
I can hardly breathe (I can hardly breath)
More than just physical (oh yeah)
Deeper than Spiritual
His ways are powerful
Irresistible to me*-
 
“Wicked! Ok, now women who are being wrongly imprisoned!”
 
The whole room was silent, except for the music continuing in the background.
 
“Ok, I guess it's only me. Here I go!”
 
-*He's irresistible (yeah yeah)
Up close and personal (irresistible to me)
I can hardly breathe
More than just physical
Deeper than spiritual
His ways are powerful
Irresistible to me....*-
 
Once the song concluded, applause rippled through out the entire area from guards and women who were not participating.
 
Sesshoumaru approached the group of women as it began to dissipate. He approached the woman who was conducting the group after asking one of the attending guards which one was Higurashi Kagome.
 
Kagome turned in his direction when she heard shoes approaching. Her eyes went as wide as Jaken's.
 
“Sesshoumaru!” Kagome exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”
 
Looking down at Kagome passively he responded in a monotone voice. “Ms. Higurashi, I am Taisho Sesshoumaru and I shall be representing you in your case.”