InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent Until Proven Guilty ❯ Arrested Development ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer for the Entire Series: Inuyasha was created by Rumiko Takahashi, not me. I am just borrowing her characters for a while
 
 
Chapter Three: Arrested Development
 
 
Sesshoumaru stared at her through lust filled eyes. He crawled up to her like a beast stalking his prey. Using both of his hands, he grabbed onto her wrists and held them in place with his own, on the bed, beside her head. She squirmed a little to try and get out of his grasp, but only succeed in getting a dominating smirk on his pleasant features.
 
He bent his head down, still holding her hands, and kissed her lips softly, almost teasingly. Kagome tried to add more pressure to the kiss, but every time she did, Sesshoumaru would pull back, causing her to groan in frustration.
 
Eventually, he gave into her demands, and started to bite her lower lip, not enough to draw blood, but enough to leave a good imprint. He released her mouth and started to travel down the side of her face to her ear. Sesshoumaru sucked her ear lobe into his mouth and began to bite it, then sooth it by licking it.
 
He traveled down her neck to where her pulse was beating. Kagome moaned as he applied pressure to it with his tongue. He released one of her hands, only to grab it with his other, so that he would have at least one hand available so he could play with her. He lifted both of her hand above her head and kept them there.
 
All of a sudden, Kagome seemed to sober and realized the situation she was in.
 
“Umm…” Kagome started nervously.
 
Sesshoumaru looked up from his ministrations to look at her curiously.
 
“Is something wrong?” He asked smoothly.
 
“Uhhh…” Kagome was at a lost for words. For once in her life, she didn't know what to say. Sesshoumaru studied her face with a pensive look. He found the hidden message in her eyes in an instant.
 
“Do you wish to stop?”
 
Kagome was silent. She wanted to say something, and that was evident because she kept opening and closing her mouth. How would she tell him that she was not ready, without hurt his feelings, pride, and ego?
 
“I will not be mad if you wish to stop.” It was as if Sesshoumaru could read her thoughts. Sesshoumaru's baritone voice rung throughout her ears.
 
All Kagome could do was nod.
 
Sesshoumaru let a gentle smile caress his face as he pulled away from her body and released her hands. He pulled himself up and sat on the back of is lower legs, his hands resting on the top of his thighs.
 
“Would you like a guest bedroom or do you with to stay here with this Sesshoumaru?” He asked.
 
“I'll stay here.” She replied in all confidence.
 
Still fully clothed, she pulled him back down onto the bed so that he was facing her front. They simply lay their gazing into each other's eyes until Sesshoumaru broke the silence.
 
“Want to play a game?” He asked.
 
Kagome flushed a light pink, trying to decipher the meaning of his question.
 
“What kind of game?” She whispered.
 
“A simple get - to - know you game.” He replied. “I tell you something, then you tell me something.”
 
“Deal.”
 
Sesshoumaru couldn't help the smirk that crossed his features.
 
“Good. I shall go first. I take 30 minute showers because it takes me 20 minutes to wash my hair.”
 
Kagome could hold back the giggle if amusement. Sesshoumaru smiled even deeper in admiration of her enticing laugh.
 
“Ok, my turn.” Kagome said after her little fit was over. “I completely love Barbies.”
 
“Then you will do well with my daughter. She has quite the addiction to them.” He informed her as he raised his hand to stroke her cheek with his thumb.
 
“You have a daughter?” She asked as she started to lean into his large warm hand.
 
“Yes. She's two.”
 
“That's adorable.”
 
“She truly is. But be careful, she can be quite mischievous.”
 
“That's ok. I'm told I can be mischievous as well.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“What kind of reply is that?”
 
“Mine.”
 
“Hn is not a word, brainy-ak.”
 
“It is to.”
 
“Says who?”
 
“Says me.”
 
“Who cares what you say?”
 
“I do.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“I thought you said `hn' wasn't a word.”
 
“It isn't, you Artic Monkey.”
 
“Well that's a new nickname.”
 
“Trust me, Monkey Butt, that was not a term of endearment.”
 
“Are you sure?” Sesshoumaru asked as amusement danced across his eyes. He ceased stroking her cheek and just took to looking into her eyes.
 
“Positive.”
 
“Well then, I only see it fit that I give you a nickname.”
 
“Say what?”
 
“How about…”
 
“How about nothing?”
 
“No. `Nothing' is such a bad nickname for you. This Sesshoumaru must think of a better one.”
 
“Oh, you don't have to.” Kagome replied, hoping he wouldn't think of a name for her.
 
“I've got it.” Kagome looked at him nervously. “Miko. Your nickname is Miko.”
 
“But I'm not a miko! O dear Kami, kill me now!”
 
“I will not.”
 
“I didn't say you, oh King of the Ice Cubes.”
 
“I could be Kami. You don't know. Well that is most definitely a weird nickname.” Sesshoumaru mused.
 
“Can we drop it?”
 
“I suppose.”
 
Kagome let out a long yawn and stretched out her legs under the sheets.
 
“Enough talking. For now, lets us simply go to sleep.”
 
“You know what, that is probably the smartest thing you've said all night.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“Good Night, Icicle Ass.”
 
“Good Night, Miko.”
 
(~^-^)(^-^~)
 
Kagome woke up the next morning lying next to the silver haired god. Swinging her legs over the bed, she stretched out her sore muscles and stood up. Walking across the room, she grabbed one of Sesshoumaru's tee-shirts (since she didn't want to put on her dirty clothes), and put on some underwear that she had in her purse. `Mom is so smart. She always said to never leave the house without extra underwear in your purse!' Depositing her clothes outside of the bedroom door, she walked down the stairs of his huge mansion.
 
She met up with a maid on the stairs who bowed to her respectfully.
 
“Hello, Miss. Did you enjoy your sleep?” the maid inquired.
 
“Yes, thank-you.” Kagome replied with a smile.
 
“May I wash your dirty clothes, Miss?”
 
“Ummm, sure.”
 
Without another word spoken, the maid scurried up the steps and retrieved her clothes from the floor.
 
She was in complete awe. The whole home was made of marble. It looked like a castle owned by a great king. The ground was polished so much that if you wanted to, you could look down and see yourself. The curious woman wandered around, trying to find the kitchen. She was starting to get aggravated by her lack of progress.
 
She continued to walk around in a daze. Kagome made her way into a room that looked like a dining hall.
 
`Big enough for ya?' Kagome thought sarcastically.
 
On the other side of the hall, she heard a shriek. She snapped her head to where the sound permeated from to see a small girl standing in front of a green, wrinkled thing that seemed to be tied to the chair.
 
“Rin, you silly child! Release me at once or I shall report this to your father!” The wrinkled thing howled.
 
The child, obviously the one name Rin, looked up from what she was doing to look the toad in the face.
 
“No moving!” Rin whined. Rin giggled at the poor toad's suffering. She covered her mouth with her right hand. Kagome couldn't help but think how adorable this child was.
 
“Daddy love Rin!” Rin squeaked.
 
Kagome could not hold back the giggle that escaped her throat. The noise caught the attention of the little girl who was ignoring the squawking Jaken. Rin looked up at Kagome with big doe eyes; curiosity was sparkling behind her large bay eyes.
 
“Good morning, little one. I'm Kagome. What is your name?”
 
“Rin!” The child exclaimed happily.
 
“Did you sleep well?”
 
Rin nodded happily.
 
“Hmm.” Kagome thought for a moment. “Is there anywhere I can get something to eat?”
 
Rin nodded again.
 
Rin lifted her tiny hand to Kagome, who accepted in gratefully. The toddler waddled out of the room with Kagome attached to her hand. Just outside of the large room, Rin met up with one of the maids. Letting go of Kagome, Rin scooted over to the maid and pulled lightly on her pant leg.
 
“Yes, dear?” The elderly maid asked, as she bent down to look at Rin closer.
 
“Breakfast.” Rin stated cheerfully.
 
“What do you say?” The woman questioned.
 
“Please?”
 
“Good girl. Let's get breakfast for you and your friend.” The old woman straightened up and smiled brightly at Kagome. Kagome returned the smile.
 
“This way, Miss.” The maid directed.
 
Before Kagome could follow, she felt Rin cling onto one of her legs. Looking down, she saw Rin gazing up at her with large eyes. Lifting her tiny arms up she continued to look at Kagome.
 
“Up!” Rin cried. She began jumping up and down to get closer to Kagome's arms.
 
Kagome smiled and bent down to pick up the little girl.
 
Once she had the happy little pink-sleeper-clad toddler, she followed the maid.
 
They headed to the kitchen, abandoning the screeching Jaken in the dining hall. Once in the kitchen, the maid set out two bowls. The one she filled with Captain Crunch while the other was only half full. After soaking the dry cereal with milk, the maid left them.
 
Kagome sat at the island table with the happy little Rin in her lap. After waiting a minute or two, making sure the cereal was soaked enough for the soft tooth child to eat, Kagome began to watch Rin eat to make sure she didn't make too much of a mess, which she did. After wiping off the milk covered Rin, Kagome put her down on the floor gently.
 
“Play!” Rin squealed as she poked Kagome's bare leg.
 
“Ok, Sweety.” Kagome smiled down at the little girl. Rin laughed happily and clapped her little hands together before bolting out of the kitchen at a surprisingly fast speed.
 
Kagome laughed heartily and chased after Rin. They played tag all over the main floor of the house.
 
Where the heck did Rin get all of this energy?! She was so tiny but could run like a animal! After an hour of running about, Kagome plopped down on the couch in the living room and pulled Rin to sit beside her.
 
After taking a lone elastic from her wrist, Kagome pulled some of Rin's dark hair up into a tiny ponytail on the side of her head. How cute!
 
A heavy knock interrupted their breather break. Who was knocking at the door at 8:30 in the morning? Kagome shrugged her shoulders, picked Rin up and balanced her on her hip. Making her way to the door, she pulled it open to reveal two men in officer uniforms.
 
“Is there a…” the officer paused for a moment to read something on a piece of paper. “…a Higurashi Kagome here?” He said, as he looked back up at Kagome.
 
“Yes, I am she.” Kagome responded confidently.
 
The two officers looked at each other before they looked her up and down. They men both quirked their eye brows in amusement. Kagome was confused as to why they did this. She looked down to realize she was only wearing a large tee-shirt and underwear. Trying to dissolve the matter of her attire, she decided to change the subject.
 
“Is there something you want?” She asked curiously.
 
“Yes ma'am.” One of the officers brandished a pair of handcuffs from his utility belt. “Ms. Higurashi, you are under arrest for assault.”
 
“WHAT?!”