InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha A Feudal Fairytale: Bound By A Promise ❯ Oath Broken? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode Two of the AotA! *laughs*

*Yoake wakes up with a rather painful headache and a sore neck.*

Yoake: Itai….. Ya didn't hafta hit me that hard Shihai-chan!

*She notices the chains have been blasted to hell and beyond and gulps, looking for the two men she had captured.*

Yoake: Where did they go? I swear only I knew the combination.. oh yeah… Shihaisha likes to hack… never mind. SHIHAI-CHA~AN WHERE ARE YOU?!

Shihaisha: Yoake you don't have to yell. I am right behind you…did you have a nice nap?

*Yoake jumps about two feet into the air and whirls around*

Yoake: KYA!!!! Don't do that! I don't feel like dying of a heart attack today. And NO, I did not have a nice nap! Why'd ya hit me?!

Shihaisha: Such a pity…Yoake it was for your own good. Someone has to save your worthless hide from time to time…

*Yoake's ears flatten against her skull as her eyes narrow to slits.*

Yoake: Worthless hide? Ok then, Fine. I'll take my worthless hide to my room."

*Jumps up the stairs and into one of the many rooms, a bright flash is seen from the crack under the door.*

*Shihaisha sits in the vacated chair and calmly calls up to Yoake*

Shihaisha: Yoake dear…you might want to stay in my vicinity. The uh, gentlemen, were not very happy when I let them out…

*Another flare of light is seen from the door, where two very unhappy men were ready to break it down and steal back their weapons.*

Hiei: I am going to kill that baka hanyou…

Sesshoumaru: I believe that will be my task. This Sesshoumaru has much experience in dealing with annoying hanyou such as this wench.

*Shihaisha glances up*

Shihaisha: I am so sorry but I must inform you that all claims to her life are mine. You gentlemen are out of luck.

*The two ignore the other annoying wench downstairs and begin to examine the door.*

Sesshoumaru: Wench, open this door immediately; else face the wrath of I, Sesshoumaru.

*A very muffled voice that was Yoake's came from under the door.*

Yoake: Think highly of yourself now do ya? Well, This Yoake doesn't give a half a crap on what you demand, come another day, maybe I'll feel nicer then. Ja ne, and, don't let the front door hit ya where Tetsusaiga and the hellhounds shoulda bit ya."

*A small explosion echoes through the hall.*

Yoake: DAMMIT! NOW look what ya made me do! Crap dang it!"

*More flashes are seen from under the door.*

*Shihaisha sighs and stands up.*

Shihaisha: *looks at the two angry youkai* Could I possibly persuade you to move away from the door a moment?

Hiei & Sesshoumaru: No.

Shihaisha: I thought as much. You two really are quite foolish…perhaps even more so than my hanyou friend.

Yoake: *in a very sarcastic tone that is still muffled by what ever she's doing* Oh wow, first I'm worthless and now, I'm foolish but maybe not as much as the two I kidnapped. Gee, thanks a lot.

*Yet another small explosion before a loud whirling noise echoes from the room into the hall, Sesshoumaru and Hiei close their eyes to try and block out the offending noise.*

Yoake: Finally, bout time! And, red eyes? Go suck on sweet snow and get over your pride.

Shihaisha: *mumbling to herself* I am surrounded by morons…*looks up* and yes that includes you…you'd have to be morons to let yourselves be captured by Yoake!

*Shihaisha smiles up at the two pissed youkai, and walks into a room directly beneath them.*

Shihaisha: *as a parting comment* By the way, you'll never get in that way! I just thought I'd let you know. I was growing weary of watching your idiocy…oh and don't break anything while I'm gone.

*Shihaisha disappears*

*The door suddenly explodes, a rather natural occurrence for anyone that dared to live near by, explosions were as common as birdsong in a normal garden in this part of town. A large white room filled with high tech equipment and gadgetry sends off a green blue glow around the walls, a single bed that had the same colored glow under the white sheets took up one side.*

*The two youkai enter, immediately looking for their stolen weapons and not finding anything even resembling a sword. They turn towards the bed when Yoake's muffled voice screeches out from beneath there. Before the screech, the calm and yet, cocky woman called Shihaisha appeared in the room.*

Shihaisha: You two don't honestly believe that she would just leave your weapons out in the open now do you? If she was that stupid I wouldn't have her as a friend. *looks beneath the bed* Yoake, I suggest you come out now…because if I have to come in after you I will be most unhappy and you will not like the consequences.

*Yoake's voice comes from underneath the bed*

Yoake: DO it again and I'll really be pissed, not to mention that hand comes all the way off!!

*Shihaisha grabs Yoake by that long hair and drags her out from beneath the bed*

Shihaisha: Yoake if you are finished with your kidnapping antics, which I assure you, you are, then I suggest that you make your way into the kitchen before you find me most displeased!

*Yoake scowls and stands up, swatting immediately at a hand the came for her lower waist angrily, leaving a few light scratches behind.*

Yoake: Geez, I steal the bad ass ZERO for you and this is how you repay me? Some friend. And as for you, if you attempt to grope me again, that hand comes all the way off!

*A very happy grinning young man with his long brown hair in a braid and wearing all black brushed the dust off his clothes and winked at the two ladies.*

Mystery Guy: Aw come on now! I didn't feel ya that hard! Come on, I was being friendly!

*Yoake glares death, looking the most pissed off Shihaisha has ever seen her*

Yoake: Friendly were you? Touch me again and I'll show you friendly, courtesy of my claws!

Mystery Boy: *grins and takes a dramatic bow* Aww, come on, man, ya act like Wufei or something like him. *looks over at Shihaisha* Hel~lo there, the name's Duo Maxwell, pilot of the Gundam Deathscythe Hell.

Yoake: *mutters under her breath* His name's mud as far as I care.

Shihaisha: *crosses her arms* Yoake, he has long hair…

*Yoake looks over in disbelief and shakes her head, her eyes serious*

Yoake: Please, don't do this to me. Please Shihaisha.

Shihaisha: *sighs and eyes narrow* Yoake I like Duo and he is more entertaining than the fools you left me with. So let him be and go to the kitchen before I become angry.

*Duo grins and decided to attempt to see just how far this chick's protection would get him. He wrapped an arm around Yoake's shoulder.*

Duo: I guess that means that we'll be spending a lot of time together. So, what's your hobbies? Maybe we'll get to know each other even better.

*Yoake's face slowly turned white, her eyes turning a dark almost black blue, her pupils turning silver as she allowed a deep growl to emerge from her throat.*

Yoake: I am going to the kitchen and fix Shihaisha her food before she kills and destroys everything in the house like the last time it happened. Take your arm from my shoulder or else I'll rip it off.

*The other two youkai raised an eyebrow and smirked, perhaps this new human would prove to be useful to their plans.*

*quick as lightening Shihaisha grabs Duo's braid and yanks him back and directly in front of her.*

Shihaisha: I said I liked you but I didn't say that I would let you get away with murder!

*the room suddenly darkens to a black red color. Shihaisha's silver eyes start to spark.*

Shihaisha: *in a low angry whisper* Don't push your luck! Now Yoake go to the kitchen, and you two…get out of her room before I throw you out!

*Yoake throws another poisonous look at Duo before heading down to the kitchen when, soon enough, the sounds and scents of things cooking fill the house. Duo has a what'd I do? Look on his face as he followed the other two men down the stairs.*

Duo: Say, you two also get caught by that babe of a woman? Or was it the scary one that kinda acts like Heero on crack?

*the two youkai men give the human boy a glare*

Sesshoumaru: I, Sesshoumaru did not-

*Yoake's voice floats in from the other room*

Yoake: This Yoake did kidnap the almighty taiyoukai with the fluffy cotton tail and, this Yoake is ready to make it into a bloody belt if that Sesshoumaru doesn't shut his mouth!

*Shihaisha pulls off her boots and yanks the sticks out of her hair allowing the dark tresses to fall free. Seemingly returned to her normal self.*

Shihaisha: Yoake we will leave the fluffy tail alone for the time being, otherwise you will be left without your cute little pet name for our little inu.

*Sesshoumaru sends over a glare that would freeze the blood of any except this woman… and perhaps the hanyou too. Hiei snorts*

Hiei: Hn, baka onna may have caught the inu but-

Yoake: But nothing sweet snow muncher! I kidnapped you as easily as I did him! A little powder of my creation into that damned sweet and you were mine to play with. Don't forget, I can and will more than likely do it again, then we'll see which of the two of us is Queen Bitch of Shit Mountain.

Shihaisha: NOT without my permission Yoake or I will not be so kind as I was earlier.

*Yoake brings over a rather oddly large tray filled to the edges with different food and sets it down in front of Shihaisha, the silver chopsticks laying in plain sight across the bowl of rice.*

Yoake: Shall I fill another tray or, will the Goku Appetizer be enough for now? I know how much you eat when ever you get pissed off in the morning.

*She looks over at the other three boys and smirks to herself.*

Yoake: If you three are hungry, you'll have to serve yourselves. Then again, I suggest using caution, perhaps I poisoned one of the bowls.

*Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow at the venomous look that the ningen boy received*

Shihaisha: Now Yoake you know that that is an idle threat since we do not own the rights to these lovely gentlemen. *hands her the empty platter* Thank you that was very good! I feel much better. So sorry I was cranky earlier, but my spirits have risen. *begins to walk away*

*Yoake snickers and looks back over at the half full food trays back in the kitchen and laughed.*

Yoake: Ate a little more than the platter ne Shihai? I hope the scraps can feed three cause, I ain't cookin until lunch. Goin to your play room now I'll wager right?

Shihaisha: I thought I'd take Zero for a spin. Do you think you can handle yourself alone with these…wonderful fools, while I'm gone?

*Yoake makes a rude noise and starts heading to another sealed off room.*

Yoake: Yeah, I'll be good. No worries, ne, need me to make any other weapons of your design? If not, I'll work on some of the ones I came up with.

Shihaisha: No, not at this time. Go and have fun! *turns to the three boys* Now you boys play nice while I'm gone. *smiles, and turns a corner*

*Hiei and Sesshoumaru looked pissed off at the condescending tone Shihaisha had used. Duo, was trying to make up his mind to follow Yoake or Shihaisha.*

End of AotA!

Chapter 6: Oath Broken?

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru were still at it. Konaosu's wounds were now bandaged and still a little painful from that damned "herb blend". Kagome was growing very irritated and it showed in her scent. Her eye was twitching every few minutes and her methods of repairing Konaosu's wounds had gotten a little rough.

`Boys, are all of them such egotistical self centered and arrogant?! I'm starting to believe it, unless that's just what kind of guy that I always run into.'

Kagome smiled at Konaosu and finished the last of the bandaging, tying it securely.

"There, I suggest you rest until those wounds close up and heal. Are there any others that you're hiding? Not to be rude or place you in Inuyasha's place, but, I have to ask."

Rin spoke up before Konaosu was able to.

"Kagome-onee-san, Nao-kaa-san has a really big scratch right here. Rin saw it."

(A/N: And no, Rin can and will not keep a secret for the life of her…that's ok, she's so cute you have to forgive her.)

The young miko woman looked concerned.

"Show me, I'll patch it up."

Konaosu closed her eyes in exhaustion. `This is not what I need…' She slowly stood as she addressed the young miko.

"It's nothing, but an old wound. What Rin saw was the scar, it has long since healed." `As much as it is able…'

Rin was relentless; a trait probably picked up from the taiyoukai.

"Rin knows what scars look like, Sesshoumaru-sama has many himself. Rin wants Kagome-onee-san to look at it!"

(A/N: Like most children, when Rin wants something done, she's insists on it being done now.)

Konaosu looked down at the persistent little girl, and smiled despite herself.

"I can see that you will not let this be, Rin-chan. I must retrieve my sword first, otherwise Sesshoumaru-sama will be displeased, then I will allow Kagome-san to see it."

`There is no way that I am going to let her get that `herb' blend near that wound.'

Rin looked through her bangs, her mouth set into a pout.

"Promise Nao-kaa-san? Do you promise Rin?"

Konaosu held out her hand.

"I promise."

Sango walked over, she was not in a good mood, having been woken from the best sleep she had had in months by a monk that didn't know how to keep his hands to himself.

"Sesshoumaru is only going to be displeased if Inuyasha ends up figuring out how to beat him in battle. As the fates stand, that is not likely."

Kagome smiled sympathetically at Sango.

"He did it again? Didn't you throw him off of Kirara on the way here?"

The taiji-ya nodded her eyes hard and annoyed.

"The idiot, if he's not spying on us in the onsen, then he's placing his hand where he shouldn't. Perhaps I should remove it next time."

Konaosu's eyes narrowed. `Hmm, so this is a repeated offense…I should have let him burn longer than he did.' Her eyes glanced through the darkness spying the monk a ways a way nursing a throbbing cheek. If she had had her sword with her, she might have rectified her earlier mistake. `I'm sure that I will be given a later opportunity.' Konaosu stepped away from the others, feeling a little unbalanced, but able to hide it from her newest acquaintances. She couldn't however hide the sudden chill that overcame her. `Strange that it is so cold all of a sudden…'

Rin noticed, like all small children, how uneasy walking was for Konaosu and followed behind her, worried that something was wrong. Her okaa-san was shivering.

`Why is Nao-kaa-san so cold? Rin would think that Nao-kaa-san is warm because of her clothes. Rin will follow and protect her okaa-san.'

Konaosu turned her attention towards the two wayward inu brothers. She immediately spied the Seishi Hino where she had left it. `I will retrieve my blade and then leave…the taiyoukai can follow if it so please him.' Konaosu had to pause frequently as she walked. She could feel her reflexes slowing due to exhaustion, and her vision had become cloudy. The chill from earlier had also been growing in intensity. `So cold…' Konaosu silently reached the place her blade had fallen with Rin in tow.

Inuyasha scowled at Sesshoumaru, claws outstretched and missing their target by a long shot.

"Dammit Sesshoumaru! Why don't ya quit runnin like your fuckin wench and fight me already!"

That did not please the taiyoukai, nor did it please the girl either. Sesshoumaru caught the hanyou's side with his claws and ripped a brutal row across his ribs.

"You will regret taunting this Sesshoumaru hanyou."

Inuyasha swore under his breath, knowing his luck and Kagome's mood at the moment, he'd get the herb stuff.

`Shit. Just my luck, that suzaku wench steals my fight and now I'm gonna get the herb shit.'

(A/N: Yoake: OK Inuyasha, listen closely, it's called karma. You get what you deserve! Shihaisha: *smiles* Damn straight! Alright back to the story!)

Inuyasha managed to strike a blow with his claws on the taiyoukai's collarbone, mind you; it wasn't very deep, more like a glancing blow.

"Take that ya bastard!"

Sesshoumaru repeated his former attack on the other side of the hanyou's ribcage and hit the foolish boy with a blast from Toukijin, sending him flying past the unnoticed pair of women and through a tree.

"Be silent and save what little pride you have."

Inuyasha cursed, now he had both sides torn open, which meant the herbal crap and the needle and thread thing. When he went through the tree, he felt a few of his ribs break and swore a river.

`That fucking Sesshoumaru, I'll kill his ass for this!'

He pulled himself up and winced, he'd finish this and he'd finish it now. He hefted Tetsusaiga above his head and glared angrily at Sesshoumaru's standing form.

"PREPARE TO FUCKING DIE SESSHOUMARU!"

He swung the Tetsusaiga down with all his might, sending the enormous burst of energy straight for his half brother.

"KAZE NO KIZU!!!" (Wound of the Wind)

Kagome's head jerked up as she caught Inuyasha's body flying past her out of the corner of her eye.


"Inuyasha?!"

Sango noticed immediately Kagome's patient and the little girl were gone as well.

"Kagome-chan! Konaosu-san and Rin, they're gone!"

Kagome whirled, searching for them and finally, noticing the white on the little girl's kimono.

`Inuyasha doesn't see them! The kaze no kizu will hit!'

"INUYASHA STOP!"

********************************

Konaosu had finally managed to sheath her blade. `I have drained myself more than I had thought.' Konaosu glanced back at Rin through the corner of her eye. The little one had followed her into the middle of a battle. If she had not been so tired she would have made her stay, but what was done was done. `Time to lea…' Konaosu's eyes widened as she sensed the surge of youki coming her way. `Damn it! What does that pup think he's doing?!' Konaosu spun towards the coming onslaught meaning to subdue the attack like she had before. The effect of her quick movements however did not turn out how she had foreseen. The movement threw off her balance and she couldn't seem to get her eyes to focus. Instead of facing the Kaze no Kizu like she had intended, Konaosu felt herself plummeting to the ground before her.

**********************************

Rin had stood by and watched her okaa-san sheathe her sword; Sesshoumaru-sama had done this many times before so, she knew what Nao-kaa-san was doing. She frowned and turned when Konaosu did, her brown eyes widening as she saw the oncoming attack. As Konaosu hit the ground from the effort of moving much to fast, Rin panicked, thinking that she could block the attack, she threw herself over Konaosu, arms wrapping around the hanyou woman's body and holding as tightly as she could manage.

`Rin won't let this attack take Rin's okaa-san from her. Rin won't allow it!'

The little girl yelled out the last part, holding on to Konaosu for dear life.

"RIN WON'T LET OKAA-SAN GET HURT ANYMORE!!"

*********************************

Konaosu looked up as she felt the weight of another body on top of her. Her eyes wouldn't focus but she knew that it was Rin from the girl's scent. Konaosu tried to pull Rin beneath her to protect her from the pup's foolhardy attack, but her body wouldn't respond. The chill seemed to have worked it's way through all of her joints. It was so cold and her body wouldn't respond.

********************************

Kagome felt a scream rising in her throat, her bow and arrow were over by Kirara and with it, her hopes of purifying Inuyasha's wind to nothing were dashed after she realized it. Sango's own weapon would only create more of a disaster should she throw it.

`Damn, our only choice is to hope that Kirara gets there in time.'

"KIRARA! GO GET KONAOSU AND RIN!"

************************************

Miroku was dumped unceremoniously on to his ass as the hineko took off with a roar towards the two women. He looked over and paled, noticing Inuyasha's attack heading for the little girl and Konaosu.

"INUYASHA! STOP! YOU'VE MADE A GREAT MISTAKE!"

Even as he ran towards the two, Kagome and Sango following at their top speeds, he knew that they would be too late.

`Dammit Inuyasha, you need to focus on your surroundings before just throwing around your attacks!'

***********************************

The taiyoukai had his mind half on the battle and half on other matters, the foolish pup had just sent off another blast from his Tetsusaiga. Two familiar scents suddenly reached his nose as his eyes darted and caught Rin in the center of the battlefield; in the direct path of Inuyasha's attack. The little girl was covering Konaosu's body with her own.

`Foolish wench, get up!'

His eyes narrowed as he suddenly caught the paling of Konaosu's skin, the usual warmth of the inner flame of the suzaku was absent, he could tell by her shivering that she had used up too much of herself in the battle with Kagura.

`She would too, the rivalry between those two was instant. This Sesshoumaru shall have to seek out more information about these suzaku youkai.'

Eyes flashing in anger at his foolish half brother's recklessness, Sesshoumaru sent forth his tail, winding it around both Rin and Konaosu before tightening its hold and jerking it back, sending them out of the way of the blast, himself as well.

************************************

Inuyasha had noticed the two girls too late. He swore and flew off to try and grab them out of the way, knowing he'd not make it in time.

`DAMMIT!'

His eyes caught the lightning fast movement of Sesshoumaru's tail and silently breathed a sigh of relief.

`Good, at least he's got them out of the way. Man, killing that wench would be one thing but the kid, I do not want that on my conscience!'

***********************************

Kagome watched as a white blur flew forward and grabbed the two out of harms way and felt herself breathe easier, relief flooding through her entire body.

`Thank God! I hope Konaosu-san is OK, she didn't look too good.'

***********************************

Kirara noticed the danger was past for the two girls and headed back to Sango, picking her and Kagome up and taking them away from the blast, snarling a little as Miroku grabbed her tail.

************************************

Rin had braced herself for the pain and was more than a little surprised when she felt Sesshoumaru's tail wrap around her and Nao-kaa-san, jerking them away from the danger.

`Sesshoumaru-sama saved Rin and Nao-kaa-san again! Sesshoumaru-sama is sugoi!'

The little girl realized she still had a death grip on her okaa-san and let go a little.

`Nao-kaa-san is cold…Nao-kaa-san wasn't like that before.'

"Nao-kaa-san? Are you OK? Answer Rin onegai!"

Konaosu could feel a cold blackness trying to steal her away, but the sound of a familiar voice beckoned to her. The sound was quiet and she could barely make out the words, but she did. Konaosu's eyelids slowly fluttered open, revealing to those close the absence that was there. Rin's face swarmed into view and Konaosu squinted, trying to focus.

"Daijabou…Rin…"

It was so cold, and the cold had now spread inside. Konaosu felt her fear heighten at the ebbing of the flame inside. Her fear was apparent in her eyes as she once again cursed her over zealousness from her previous battle.

Rin clung to her okaa-san, worried as she looked up at Sesshoumaru-sama, her eyes pleading with him to do something.

(A/N: Yoake: *Tears up and grabs a box of Kleenex* *sniffles* Oh come ON!!! How could you say "no" to THAT?! Damn, those puppy eyes would work on me something fierce!! Shihaisha: If that taiyoukai doesn't hurry up and do something, I might have to insert myself into the story! Yoake: I agree, Shihai-chan, you distract the taiyoukai, I'll nab Rin so we can bring her here and spoil her properly!)

The taiyoukai mentally tightened the tail, the heavy fur around the shivering suzaku girl warming up as he raised his body temperature in order to give some of the warmth to Konaosu.

"Do not fall asleep."

His added comment was spoken too low for Rin to hear but was audible for Konaosu.

"You will not die for multiple reasons; the few that take priority are because you have not fulfilled the oath you made, I have not spoken with you yet, and I will not be the one to find another suzaku for Rin to call her mother. So you do not have this Sesshoumaru's permission to die."

Konaosu managed to quirk an eyebrow. `Permission…' Konaosu turned weary eyes towards the mighty taiyoukai.

"Far be it…from me…to disobey the…mighty taiyoukai of the western lands orders…"

Sesshoumaru snorted softly to himself.

`She must be weaker than this Sesshoumaru thought, if that is the best she could come up with.'

"As long as you obey that order; Do not die. I believe you will be fine."

His eyes took on a very slight gleam as the corner of his mouth twitched upward a little.

"Another thing, save what you think is your "witty" banter until you are well. The last comment was less than satisfactory, Inuyasha could have done better."

Her response would amuse him, being compared to the obnoxious hanyou brother of his was enough to even make the calmest youkai angry.

Konaosu contemplated rolling her eyes but decided to save her energy for something more deserving. `Please, the pup couldn't say anything witty even if he had tried!'

"Perhaps…but you are not one to talk when it comes to comparisons…milord."

Konaosu subconsciously curled herself up into a tight ball as her body temperature continued to drop.

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed slightly at her comeback and made a note to respond to that when appropriate. He turned to where Kagome and the taiji-ya were coming and began something he was very good at; giving orders.

"You, Inuyasha's wench and the taiji-ya, build a fire."

He turned, ignoring the furious glances that Kagome and Sango gave him and sought out his damned half brother.

(A/N: Yoake: *gets shoved out of the chair by Shihaisha, who is looking furious* Yoake: KYAA! *goes flying* Shihaisha: I just have one thing to say…BAKA INU!!!!)

The hanyou was hanging back, probably feeling guilty as hell, not that Sesshoumaru cared. The taiyoukai fixed him with an icy stare.

"Since you started this mess hanyou, you will gather the wood."

That didn't settle well with Inuyasha.

"Go stuff it up your.."

Kagome quickly solved the problem.

"Inuyasha….."

The hanyou froze up, his eyes whipping over to Kagome.

`SHIT!'

"Don't even Kagome, don't you even think.."

"OSUWARI!!!"

:THUD:

That reopened the scabbed over gashes, thus pissing off the hanyou further.

"Dammit wench! You don't "-it" an injured perso…"

"OSUWARI!!!"

:THUD:

"What have I told you about calling me that?!"

Miroku cleared his throat, judging by the amount of fury in both Sesshoumaru and Kagome's auras, he'd better speak for his friend, else they'd be burying him that night.

"Inuyasha, swallow your pride and your attitude before you get some real damage done to you. I will assist you in the wood collecting."

Inuyasha pulled himself out of the body shaped crater and scowled angrily at Miroku, Sesshoumaru and Kagome before heading off into the woods.

"Shove it, just shove it!"

Kagome resisted the very tempting urge to sit him again and focused on lighting the already stocked up fire. Sango had found Kagome's lighter in the miko's backpack and had given Kagome a curious look when she had given it to her.

"Kagome-chan, what is this thing? There weren't any of those flammable sticks."

Kagome beamed and took the lighter, crumpling an old math test and flicking the wheel on the lighter, trying to get the flame up and only getting sparks.

(A/N: Yoake: *cheers for Kagome* BURN IT! BURN THAT MATH TEST TO HELL!! *gets thrown out of the way by Shihaisha again* Shihaisha: Yoake, we are not going to add your animosity for math into the story!! Yoake: *sulks and gives a dirty look over to Shihaisha* Oh yeah?! Well… NEEDLES, SPIDERS AND GEOMETRY!!! *Shihaisha pulls out her flamin sword* Shihaisha: Now Yoake, I think that that was a little uncalled for!! Yoake: *pales to her hair color* oh…SHIT!)

"It's called a "lighter" Sango-chan, it works better than the matches. Come ON!!"

Finally, with a rather unpleasant odor that reached Konaosu's and Sesshoumaru's noses, the odd instrument worked and spouted a small flame, which Kagome quickly set against the crumpled papers. After a moment or two, the flames caught and began to weakly lap at the wood.

"There, now it's working."

Miroku turned and smiled.

"Well, well, there's our hero now."

As a response, a block of wood was thrown at the monk's head, being deflected by Miroku's staff before it reached him. The monk smiled to himself and further antagonized the irritated hanyou.

"My, so hostile lately Inuyasha. Have you been a little down on your luck lately?"

Inuyasha dropped the load of wood beside the fire, a scowl on his face as he noticed Sesshoumaru placing Konaosu near the flames; too close to where Kagome was feeding the flames.

`He ain't getting the chance to kidnap Kagome.'

(A/N: Geez Inuyasha, paranoid much?)

The hanyou boy scowled deeper and shoved Kagome, none too gently towards Sango and Miroku.

"Go fix some of your weird food Kagome."

`That'll get her out of Sesshoumaru's sight. She's my tama detector.'

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow at the possessive shove Inuyasha had given the woman and resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the immaturity.

`If I had desired to take his wench, I would have done so already.'

Just because he could, Sesshoumaru met Inuyasha's glower with a slight smirk. He resorted to using the inu language as a way to further annoy Inuyasha, and to gain some amusement from the reactions.

(A/N: He's smiling… THAT's never good news!)

"A mite possessive of her are we Inuyasha? Perhaps this Sesshoumaru should take her along for Konaosu's own servant."

As expected, fur flew. Inuyasha jumped to his feet and whipped out Tetsusaiga, aiming it at Sesshoumaru's head.

"I dare you to say that again Sesshoumaru!! C'mon, DO it! I'll kick your ass if you dare say that about her again!!!"

Sesshoumaru just chuckled to himself and continued checking on Konaosu's condition.

"Just a random thought Inuyasha, no need to become so rash."

"You want rash?! I'll give you rash you son of a.."

"Inuyasha, chill out or I'll give the ramen to Shippou."

Said hanyou shut right up and swiped the ramen from Kagome's hands, settling down as close as he figure he could get without drawing any smart ass comments from Sango or Miroku.

"Give my food to Shippou, whatever."

Sesshoumaru made yet another note to himself, do not let Konaosu spend too much time around Inuyasha's wench.

Konaosu had been struggling to keep herself awake and so had barely noted the fact that she had been moved. It wasn't until her eyes and senses finally registered the presence of fire did she realize this. The warmth beckoned to her, and she very slowly inched her hand towards the flames. She was so cold inside, if she could only warm up a little. She heard a gasp from someone around her as her hand entered the flames. The flames instantly came to her beckoned call, the result, the small campfire instantaneously erupted only to come hurtling at the suzaku absorbing, into her hand.

Shippou had shrieked in shock and was now perched on top of Kagome's head, which was at the moment, being covered by Inuyasha's arm and his fire rate haori. Miroku had grabbed Sango by her obi and pulled her away from the flames, diving out of the way and just so happening to fall right on top of her. Rin's eyes grew large as she shrank against Sesshoumaru. The taiyoukai's eyes only narrowed, watching as the flames flowed into Konaosu's hand.

`Fire again. Her strength and body heat is replenishing itself at least. Perhaps Inuyasha shall take the first watch and continue to feed the fire.'

(A/N: Yep, Fluffy's got that poor luck of always running into fire and now, he's going to piss off the hanyou boy further. As for Miroku's little stunt, mm-hm, like that wasn't planned from the start!)

"Inuyasha, you shall continue feeding the fire and take the first night watch."

"Dammit Sesshoumaru, I'm gonna…"

Kagome touched Inuyasha's shoulder gently, her eyes serious.

"Don't sound so angry about it, I'll stay up with you. Besides, I need to tend to your wounds."

Sesshoumaru noticed with amusement how the hanyou had gone a little red in the face before his eyes snapped back to the fire.

"Amusing, how one onna can silence you more effectively than any threat or blow."

"Just shove it Sesshoumaru. No one asked your opinion on this."

The hanyou boy's ears flattened slightly as he answered Kagome.

"Look, whatever I did to piss you off, I apologize."

Kagome frowned.

"Where did that come from?"

"Look! I don't want that shit on my scrapes alright?!"

Sesshoumaru silently urged the miko to use the herb remedy anyway. Konaosu's reaction was clear enough that it hurt, he wanted to see how Inuyasha reacted to it.

Konaosu felt warmth flood through her arm, a feeling of relief and peace wrapped itself around her. There was something soft touching her face, she didn't remember the ground feeling this way before. Slowly she nudged herself further into the softness, as her muscles began to relax. A small sigh escaped her lips as she finally allowed herself to give into her exhaustion.

Rin's voice spoke right next to Konaosu's ear, as if her head were growing out of Konaosu's shoulder.

"Rin likes Sesshoumaru-sama's tail too. It's so warm and soft!"

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow as the suzaku woman's scent took on that of a person in a deep sleep. He had not missed the way she had burrowed further into his tail.

`……'

There were more entertaining things to watch than the slumbering hanyou in his tail. Though her reaction when she woke would more than likely be worth the annoyance he felt. His eyes followed the conversation between his halfling brother and his brother's wench.

"Look, you need to disinfect the wounds! Who knows if Sesshoumaru poisoned the wounds or put some kind of bacteria into those cuts?! It's better to be safe than sorry later on Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha's ears were close to being plastered to his skull.

"I don't get infected or whatever. Besides, if Sesshoumaru wanted to poison me, he'd use his Dokkasou* and be done with it!"

Sesshoumaru agreed the one time with the hanyou, bacteria indeed. He was not Naraku or any other low class youkai, he kept himself clean.

Kagome was growing irritated, and it showed in the way that her eyes were beginning to glow from anger.

"Quit trying to act so tough and bad! Let me treat those wounds before I use the word to make you obey!"

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me!"

"Then do it!"

(A/N: Whoops, too far! You're gonna get it now Inuyasha. She's gonna say it!!!!)

The gleam inside Kagome's eyes informed Inuyasha that he had indeed pushed her too far.

`Crap.'

To everyone's shock and Sesshoumaru's slight disappointment, Kagome only stood up and walked towards her bag.

"Fine, let your wounds get infected. I never thought you'd be so much of a baby because of a little pain."

And to add insult to injury, Kagome whipped out the heavy artillery on Inuyasha.

"I'll bet Kouga-kun would have let me treat his wounds and not said a word about it."

That did it. Inuyasha jumped up and stormed over to Kagome's bag, grabbing the heavy pack and taking it a little ways away from the fire.

"I'll show you, that fucking wimpy wolf has nothing on me."

Kagome congratulated herself on poking a rather sensitive part of Inuyasha's ego.

`Should have said it earlier and saved myself the argument.'

"Fine. Tough guy, take off your haori so I can see your wounds."

"Beg me to."

"Don't start with me Inuyasha."

Sesshoumaru heard the rustle of Inuyasha shedding his haori and inner kimono top before that disgustingly bitter scent reached his nose.

`Now, what is the fool's reaction?'

Sango reached over and shook Shippou and Miroku awake, the two men blinking sleepily at her.

"Wake up you two, Kagome's using that herb potion on Inuyasha again."

Shippou cringed and hid his head in Sango's lap, the taiji-ya smiled softly, covering the kitsune's ears with her hands as Miroku bowed his head in a prayer for Inuyasha.

Sesshoumaru listened, tilting his head slightly to hear what the miko was doing better. This would prove to be one of the most amusing days in his lifetime.

Inuyasha grimaced as Kagome pour some of the nasty smelling stuff on the cloth.

"I'd kill anyone else who'd even try that torture with me you know that?"

Kagome soaked more of the rags, she knew this would take a while, being as she had to stitch up the wounds after disinfecting them.

"Mm-hm. Do you want that stick to bite on?"

"Shut up and get it over with."

Kagome shrugged and quickly placed the soaked bandage on to the left rib gash, holding it down as Inuyasha thrashed and let out a yell that could be heard for miles in all directions.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Sesshoumaru, now thinking he was partially deaf, enjoyed himself immensely at the look of pain on his half brother's face.

`He wasn't exaggerating as usual, hm, pity.'

******************************************

Naraku sat as Kagura had left him, making it seem as if he had never moved. His red eyes glowed with anticipation as Kagura entered.

"So you have returned, Kagura."

The wind sorceress was battered, the humiliation she had suffered was worse than what Inuyasha had done with his Tetsusaiga when they had first met.

"Naraku, you did not inform me that the wench was a suzaku! She nearly incinerated me, had her inner flame not weakened to the point where I could escape. Do you expect me to risk my life time and time again because one of your enemies has a new plaything?!"

Naraku's eyes held a sinister gleam, he tightened his hand into a fist, making his insinuation clear to Kagura.

"So she has learned partial control over the inner flame, interesting. What else have you learned Kagura?"

The ebony haired woman felt herself begin to tremble but put on a brave front. Her crimson eyes practically filled with hatred for him as she answered.

"She controls fire like it was a toy, much like how you use people. The wench also owns a blade and armor set called Seishi Hino. From what I collected, it's some kind of suzaku holy relic that only she can use. The monk interrupted before she could give a demonstration but, the suzaku wench can apparently heal herself."

Kagura stopped her report, thinking of the amulet that the little girl had been given, if she could steal it, then perhaps Naraku's control over her would break. She would keep that bit for herself.

Naraku took his eyes from the wind sorceress and allowed them to settle on his hand. A smile curved its way on his face as a heart materialized in his hand.

"Is that all, Kagura?"

The wind controller nodded, her eyes on the pulsating organ in his hand.

`I gave him my report. Why is he holding my heart?!'

"Yes Naraku."

The smile on his face grew as he brought his other hand over the heart, allowing a finger to trace over it.

"You are sure?"

Kagura felt herself begin to sweat, surely he didn't care about some necklace? Unless he already knew about it…

"If you were watching the entire time then you would know!"

Naraku turned his eyes back towards Kagura.

"Do you mean to imply that you are untrustworthy, Kagura?"

His finger had stopped dead center over her heart.

Kagura swallowed hard, her eyes never leaving the organ that lie in Naraku's grip.

"Whether or not I am trustworthy, it has been apparent that you watch my every move. That was what I was implying."

`If only I could take that from him, I would rip him to shred with my wind.'

"I can hardly allow my favorite pet far from my reach."

Kagura's face filled with loathing and disgust.

"I have given my report. Am I dismissed."

Naraku rose from his spot on the ground.

"Yes, you have done well…Kagura."

His eyes lit with an evil gleam as he uttered her name.

Kagura's body tensed immediately at the soft tone he spoke her name with. Her fan was gripped tightly in her fist.

`What is he going to do? If he tries to attack, I'll destroy him!'

The wind sorceress began to back out of the room, not turning her back on Naraku.

(A/N: OK, this is Yoake. Just wanting to let you all know that; I AM NOT WRITING NARAKU! Blame Shihaisha for that. And secondly, for Shihaisha's Naraku writing… I SEE IT IN MY FREAKIN HEAD!! I HEAR IT TOO! AND, I AM PITCHING TANTRUM AFTER TANTRUM AND ALL SHIHAI-CHAN DOES IS LAUGH!! SHE IS EVIL!!! Shihaisha: I guess that means that I'm doing my job!)

Naraku stopped.

"Where are you going, Kagura?"

His fist tightened on her heart, causing the wind sorceress to fall to her knees in pain.

"I haven't given you your reward…"

Naraku walked towards the fallen sorceress.

*******************************

(A/N: After this, thanks to Shihaisha, I am going to need some serious therapy. Geez… Oh and for those who don't know or haven't put 2 and 2 together; Naraku rapes Kagura. It's hinted very subtly but I have picked it up and frankly, I can't wait for this sucker to burn in hell. Oh, and it's been an entire day since we left off with Inuyasha's torture chamber, aka Kagome's healing techniques.)

Sesshoumaru had kept his watch through a full 18 hours while Inuyasha and his wench had argued, which resulted in the girl storming home and watched the other people leave the camp. Rin had enjoyed herself by collecting flowers for her "okaa-san" and plaiting them into Konaosu's let down hair. Truth be told, the flowers Rin had chosen were very well suited to the suzaku youkai. He had the little girl sleeping under the protection of his tail. Rin's arms were thrown over Konaosu's shoulders while her head was resting in the hollow between the hanyou woman's shoulder and neck. He was allowed to rest and did so now, placing himself into a state of half consciousness.

`She will wake soon.'

Konaosu opened drowsy eyes, seeing the ashes that had once been a campfire. `How long have I been asleep?' She wondered as she stirred lightly, gently pulling herself out from under Rin. The little girl stirred lightly but did not wake. Konaosu smiled, Rin still wore the amulet that she had given to her. `How is it that I have found such joy where I had expected none?' Konaosu touched the let down tresses of hair, feeling the dozens of flowers that had been woven in. A trace of happiness touched her eyes as she smiled down at her sleeping charge. Konaosu bent over the sleeping child and kissed her forehead. Her thoughts flew over her last conscious moments, and her heart swelled as she remembered Rin's words. That is until she recalled Rin's last words.

Konaosu's immediately to the tail that lay mere inches from her. `What?' Her eyes briefly flew to the sleeping taiyoukai some feet away, before returning to the tail once again. `Why do I get the feeling that this will come back to haunt me? Arrogant inu…' Konaosu immediately felt guilty. `Damn my conscience!' She very carefully rose so as to not disturb the taiyoukai and her charge. She felt the need to stretch her legs and so moved out of the small clearing where she could breathe freely.

Konaosu did not wander to far, for she did not wish to be too far from Rin. It was still night, and it reminded her of the walks that she had taken at night in the woods by the villages. The thought immediately brought a pang to her heart, as memories of her mother washed over her. `Mama…' Konaosu stopped in a patch of moonlight watching a slight breeze sway through the trees. It was a perfect night, almost.

"May I disturb your solace, milady."

Konaosu whipped around at the sound of the quiet masculine voice. Her hand fell to the hilt of her blade, as she took in the sight of another hanyou draped in baboon's pallet.

"Who are you?" She did not remove her hand from the hilt.

"Oh, forgive me, I have not properly introduced myself."

He inclined his head to her.

"I am called Naraku."

Konaosu felt the hairs on the back of her neck shoot up. `You sent Kagura…'

"You are Kagura's keeper."

Naraku chuckled.

"You could say so, she is my servant."

Konaosu's eyes narrowed.

"What do you want?"

Naraku reached up and removed the head of the baboon pallet, revealing a mass of black hair and cold red eyes. He stepped towards her.

"I merely wish to speak with you."

"Speak with me? Why would you wish that? I am no one of importance."

Konaosu tightened her grip on the hilt of the Seishi Hino. Naraku smiled continuing in his stride towards her.

"I wish to acquire your support in a task."

Konaosu's eyes narrowed.

"My support is not mine to give."

"Ah, yes I know of your bondage to Lord Sesshoumaru."

(A/N: Like he is one to talk about BONDAGE!!!)

"My bondage?"

Naraku smiled again as he stopped directly in front of her.

"I can free you from Lord Sesshoumaru's grip."

"Who is to say that I am not free?"

Konaosu felt a knot tighten in her stomach. All of her senses had filled with a feeling of foreboding.

"You do not need to lie to me, I know of your plight, and I will help you if you do something for me."

Konaosu stepped backwards as Naraku leaned towards her.

"Such a beautiful lady should not be left to the whims of the taiyoukai of the western lands."

"I am afraid that is not up to you to decide!"

Naraku extended his hand grabbing Konaosu's chin.

"I am afraid it is."

(A/N: Shihaisha: Yoake wished me to inform you that she is currently hiding in a corner, in a locked closet, while chanting her mantra `I am in my happy place…'. *Shihaisha smiles* I guess that means I'm doing a good job, ne?)

Konaosu smacked his hand away from her, jumping back and drawing the Seishi Hino.

"You are gravely mistaken! I decide my own fate, not some hanyou who sends a wind wench to do his dirty work!"

(A/N: *Yoake has temporarily crawled out from her closet* Yoake: Thems fightin words!! *Shihaisha comes up from behind Yoake and does a perfect Naraku impression* Shihaisha: It is time for your reward, Yoake. *Yoake goes completely white and looks like she's going to pass out* Yoake: KKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA!! *Yoake darts into her "happy place" and secures all the locks and security systems and rocks in the corner, eyes freakin huge as she chants her mantra*)

Naraku's eyes took on a dangerous gleam.

"You do not have a choice!"

After a moment the smile returned to his lips.

"You will deliver Lord Sesshoumaru to me."

Konaosu's eyes flared.

"I will do NO such thing!!"

"I am afraid that you will have no choice in the matter, my beauty."

He paused a moment, letting his eyes play over her. Konaosu shivered and for the first time wished that she was still in the presence of her taiyoukai.

"I am not under your control, nor can I be!"

"We will see about that. You will deliver what I ask or I am afraid that I will be forced to use any means within my grasp."

Konaosu tightened her grip on the Seishi Hino causing the sword to erupt into flames.

"I am above your means, Naraku!"

Naraku laughed sending a chill throughout the forest.

"You are mistaken, my suzaku."

There was a blur of motion and Konaosu found herself in the sinister hanyou's grip.

"Now you will obey me or I am afraid that you will force me to take something precious to you."

Konaosu felt her insides freeze. `Something precious…'

"You will NOT touch my ward!!"

Naraku leaned towards her so that his breath touched her skin, as he chuckled.

"I do not speak of your ward. If you do not do as I ask, I will make your

mother mine!"

**********************

`That stench. Naraku…why are the likes of you on my Lands? Konaosu, that does not bode well.'

Sesshoumaru rose carefully, the still sleeping Rin curled up in his tail. His eyes pierced through the forest as he silently called to Aun. The dual headed dragon-beast immediately answered his summons and landed. Sesshoumaru removed Rin from his tail and set her on Aun's back, also removing his haori and placing it over his ward.

(A/N: OK girls, there's some eye candy for you!!)

The taiyoukai left instructions to kill anyone that came into the clearing that Aun did not recognize as an ally and headed towards the place where the mingled scents of that damnable hanyou and his suzaku servant were located. Fury was building as a low dangerous growl built deep in his chest.

`Betrayal is not something that this Sesshoumaru will ever tolerate.'

With those thoughts, the taiyoukai sped faster into the forest, blood beginning to leak into his amber eyes as rage slowly consumed him.

*************

Konaosu's eyes widened in horror, and rage. She could feel the temperature in her body rising.

"If you so much as TOUCH my mother's grave, by the holy flame I SWEAR that I will not only destroy you but your soul as well!!!"

Naraku smiled running a finger down her cheek as he released her.

"I look forward to it."

"If you utter a word to your Lord Sesshoumaru, I assure you that you sign over your mother's fate. You have till two days hence to make your decision, and remember, I will be watching you."

With those words, Naraku left the suzaku woman alone.

Konaosu stared in horror at the spot where the hanyou had been. She knew beyond a doubt that his threats were not empty. `What am I to do? I cannot betray my taiyoukai, but my mother…mama…' A grip of ice had clutched her stomach leaving her feeling sick. Konaosu dropped the Seishi Hino, as she wrapped her arms around herself, trying to dismiss what had just happened as a dream.

A death grip suddenly fastened around her throat, Konaosu found herself thrust brutally into a tree, gasping in pain and from the force that took her breath away. Some of the flowers were crushed beneath Konaosu's body, falling to the ground below her. She struggled as she faced the crimson eyes of a furious taiyoukai. His hand clenched her throat tightly as his hand began to glow an eerie emerald green as her hands flew up to try and pull his hand from her throat. He was beyond the point of reason, his voice spewed pure venom as he drove her body harder against the rough bark of the tree, causing an indent to appear in the bark.

"You dare to betray this Sesshoumaru?!"

Konaosu's eyes had widened revealing her fear and something else. In resignation her hands fell from his arm and her head lowered, eyes not daring to meet the furious scarlet of the youkai she had been serving. As her eyes lowered to the ground below, a single tear escaped her eye and fell down her cheek, hitting one of the crushed flowers that Rin had lovingly placed in her hair.

Well, that's all folks! I can't believe it, Oath Broken?! Why the hell would Konaosu DO that?! I can't hardly stand it!!!

Shihaisha: They'll just have to wait until our next chapter won't they Yoake? But I promise that if he kills my beloved character, I will kill him!

Sesshoumaru: *snorts in disbelief and continues to attempt to pick the lock to the weapons room.*

Yoake: *watching as the doorknob rattles in amusement* Ah, Fluffy? That ain't gonna work, that bastard's sealed tight as a drum.

Duo: Yep! No getting out or in right?

*Yoake has herself a heart attack for the second time in this fanfic.*

Yoake: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!

Duo: *grinning* I followed you! I figured Heero and Wufei would kill me if I was seen with some crazy chick with my Gundam so, I decided to take the safer route.

Yoake: Wouldn't Heero kill you for saying that his Gundam is your Gundam? Hmm… Maybe I should go back and drag you along. That way I don't have to kill you but, I can still enjoy it!!

TBC………..

Parting Note:

To the reviewer AngelWings:

Inuyasha?! You would sic Inuyasha on Shihaisha and me?! That's one dead hanyou and one more blade for Shihaisha and I's weapons room. Thanks for reviewing but, no more Inuyasha threats k? We'll attack ya with the dreaded and pesky Youkai Lawyers. Oh and thanks for the cookies too!

Some side notes from the authoresses during the making of this chapter:

Yoake: *officially tweaking out with the whole Naraku bit* Do you have to write him so well?! That's really freakin me out!!

Shihaisha: Yoake, you must understand that I can't write him less then perfect, it would just be wrong!! Not to mention that it would drive me nuts!! It has to be PERFECT!!!!!

*3 minutes go by without typing or a word said*

Yoake: *glaring at Shihaisha before muttering* Virgo….

*Laughter ensues from both parties.*