InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha A Feudal Fairytale: Bound By A Promise ❯ Chapter 7: Part IV ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"What the hell?! Iíve been walkin around here for at least four hours and still no sign of that damn dog that rules these Lands! Bastard probably knows itís me too."

 

A young woman muttered under her breath as she shrugged the halberd on to her other shoulder and cracking her neck. A low branch from one of the overgrown bushes snagged on her hakama, tugging at it before the offending branch was severed from its place.

 

`Even his forests prevent me from finding him out, thatís just peachy.'

 

"He's payin for a new one if it rips any wider than a finger length. Dammit, this was my favorite one too, itís hard to find a good fabric with this blue undertone."

 

Silver eyes examined the outfit, narrowing slightly at the small tear in her leg and blowing her pale black tipped bangs out of her face. The damage was barely noticeable in the green fabric of her outfit. Still, it was rather annoying to be traveling in these wild Lands when the Lord was supposed to be all about order and controlling crap like that.

 

"…ah, he's payin for it anyways. That'll teach him not to be a pain in my ass."

 

She stretched herself out, hands above her head as she yawned with boredom, small fangs visible in her mouth before her nose caught a hint of something familiar.

 

`Ugh, great, I'm looking for one asshole and I get another. Alright Naraku, your he's mine this time!'

 

Eyes darkened until they were the color of gun metal before she took off, a camouflaged blur against the forest, the light slowly beginning to fade away the closer to the scent she got.

 

`Same damn trick, stupid bastard. He's got a kick me sign slapped on his youki when he does that.'

 

"…hold on Asanagi, Mama's comin."

 

`Man, another pattern in my life. I fight Naraku, he runs away after supposedly kicking my ass, I get pissed and attack him again, do some damage, he runs away and disappears. Same crap every time. Why can't something out of the ordinary happen?!'

 

As the youkai woman began to pick up her speed, another scent caught her nose and turned her head.

 

`Eh? Lilac and Fire mixed with blood? That had better not be the taiyoukaí's scent or there will be a whole new reason for me to taunt him!'

 

A blurry form shot past her eyes, trailing blood in splattered droplets on to the ground below as it hit the large tree with a loud crack, the sound of impact drawn out by tree's shaking. The youkai girl stopped immediately and turned to see if the girl was alright, that sounded like it hurt like hell. Silver eyes caught the blood splattered against the tree and dripping down the girlís body. Long raven hair was in disarray, looking like it had at one time been pulled into a ponytail. The spot of impact held a slight indent in the shape of the girl's body.

 

`That had to hurt like hell. Who ever or what ever threw her must've done it at full strength. Damn, my back hurts just lookin at her.'

 

She hesitantly took a step forward, stopping suddenly as she caught sight of the wounded girl's eyes. Her senses had already told her that the person was in fact a female, too bad in some cases for the sake of teasing, what caught and held her attention was her eyes. The scarlet depths were dull and slowly fading and turning paler.

 

"By the Sacred Flame, a suzaku hanyou. Not even one of them have been seen or heard from in a couple centauries."

 

`Hey, wait just a damn sec…aw hell no! ……I gotta get a new hobby, I have way too much free time on my hands.'

 

While the strange youkai was staring, rather dumbfounded at the withering suzaku, a loud yell startled the woman out of her daze.

 

"HEY! WHAT THE HELL'D YOU DO TO HER?!"

 

Out of the corner of one eye, a burst of crimson and silver entered the clearing, a large blade immediately aimed at her standing form.

 

`Just what I need, the crazy brother of that bastard of a taiyoukai. My luck just keeps getting better and better.'

 

"Ah bugger off whelp, I don't have time to play right now. Now that you're here, I can leave her to you."

 

Inuyasha glared angrily as the girl began to turn away from him, his eyes caught the green and white blur of Kagome rushing to Konaosu's side with her `aid kit' or what ever the hell the thing was called. Miroku and Sango weren't far behind with Shippou as he returned his attention to the retreating form of the youkai woman.

 

`Good, Kagomeís there. Now I can deal with this one'

 

"HEY, I AIN'T DONE WITH YOU HANYOU WENCH!"

 

The girl stopped, one hand touched her eyes as she shook her head silently, cursing her luck and the gods, ok and Naraku for good measure, at the turn of luck Fate was giving her.

 

`Why me? All I wanted was a little sneaking into another Lord's Lands and maybe a bit of unwise teasing. Is that so much to ask?'

 

"Rumor has it that you're as thick as that tree trunk behind you. I consider myself proven right. Look, who ever did that to her is still out there. As for me, I'm innocent in this case, canít pin that on me."

 

"Like I can believe that! Konaosu's layin over there bleeding to death and we arrive to find you just staring at her."

 

Her eyes rolled, small wonder why this one had so many enemies, he couldnít keep his damn mouth shut. OK, so she made herself a few enemies that way but, that was besides the point. She turned around, one hand on her hip as the hanyou woman turned around, long flaxen hair whipping back behind her as she tapped one claw against the gleaming halberd on her shoulder.

 

`C'mon already, I mean, I had heard he was thick but this is just getting beyond ridiculous!'

 

"Listen up hanyou brat, while you're bitchin me out for a crime I didn't do, your friend, Konaosu, is dying over there. So shut your trap, walk over to your companion's side, help get the bleeding to stop, and leave me to my business. When I take care of a certain problem, I'll come play fetch with you or something alright?"

 

Her eyes glittered with mirth as she began to walk away, her hand removing from her hip and wagging a finger in the air as she heard Inuyasha begin to come after her.

 

`Hey, I get to have some fun after all!'

 

"No no, bad inu. Stay, I'll come back and play with you later, be a good boy while I'm gone."

 

A vein visibly throbbed on Inuyasha's forehead as he took the verbal abuse the other hanyou was dishing out to him. His fist clenched as he tightened his grip on the Tetsusaiga and raised the fang high above his head, preparing to obliterate the bitch.

 

`Fuck she thinks she is talking to me like that?!'

 

"KAZE NO KI…"

 

"OSUWARI!"

 

:THUD:

 

"DAMMIT KAGOME!"

 

Inuyasha found himself reacquainted with the dirt as he waited for the spell to wear off before pushing himself up and glaring dagger at his human companion.

 

"What the hell was that for?! You let the attacker get away!"

 

Kagome's hands were frantically moving, trying to apply pressure to the most severe of the wounds as she yelled out things for Shippou. Sango and Miroku to get from her bag. There was little progress being made as she snapped out the subduing word to keep Inuyasha from thrashing a potential ally.

 

`There was no blood on any of her weapons, or her. She didn't do this.'

 

"Will you get over here and help me out?! If you want to find out who did this to Konaosu-san, then help me stabilize her so we can ask her!"

 

Inuyasha cursed darkly under his breath as he stomped over to the group of people huddled around Konaosuís body. Someday heíd make Kagome remove the damn beads.

 

`It's still her, I know it is.'

 

"It's that fucking bitch that you let get away!"

 

He walked over to the downed hanyou woman and knelt next to her, one clawed hand tapping against her temple repeatedly.

 

"Oi, wench, get up."

 

A surge of pain filled Konaosu's senses as she came back to the world of the living. Her vision blurry before she focused on the forms in front of her. Pale crimson eyes stared first at the clawed finger above head, before staring at its keeper. She raised a shaky hand, pushing the clawed hand away.

 

"Can you not leave me in peace?"

 

Inuyasha snorted and added an extra tap for the hell of it, the sooner she was pissed off and on her feet ready to try and beat his ass, the better.

 

"Keh. Who the fuck was the wench that attacked you? She fucking ran off after we showed up."

 

Kagome glowered at the hanyou man, honestly, prayers for patience werenít working at the moment. Maybe if she did beat him to death it would have some affect. Then again...

 

`Never mind all that.'

 

"Konaosu-san, what happened to you? Try not to move either, I'm still trying to staunch the bleeding. Miroku-sama, I need more of the gauze."

 

When the monk gave her a rather blank look, she sighed and pointed to the roll of white bandages. His eyes lit up as he tossed a few of them to her.

 

"Konaosu-sama, we need you to remove your armor."

 

:THWACK:

 

"You filthy lech!"

 

Miroku winced as the lump on his skull began to swell from the impact of Hiraikotsu before looking ruefully at the half embarrassed half angered taji-ya.

 

"Sango, you mistake my intentions once again. I was merely saying that we need her armor removed so that Kagome-sama can treat Konaosu-sama's wounds properly."

 

"Right."

 

Konaosu pushed away Kagome's hands as she pulled herself up into a sitting position.

 

"No, this is of my own doing. Let me be, I deserve this."

 

Inuyasha's hand shoved her back against the tree, holding her there by her uninjured shoulder as he nodded at Kagome to continue before chewing Konaosu out.

 

`Tch, feeling a little stupid are we?'

 

"Will you shut up already?! It's always your fault, or so you say. So your ass got handed to you in battle, swallow your pride and get yourself healed. You're no use to anyone dead."

 

Konaosu's eyes narrowed, shifting to that of flame, her skin heating to the touch.

 

"You know nothing of what you speak!"

 

Her eyes flared, causing her body to be engulfed in flames for a moment.

 

"I incurred these wounds by my own choice, which doesn't concern you! Now leave me, I wish to spend my end in some peace."

 

Her eyes took on a watery tinge as she slid down the bark of the tree.

 

`Sumimasen…Rin-chan…'

 

Kagome had waited until the flames died down before she spoke herself, one hand coming up and silencing Inuyasha by merely pointing to his beads.

 

`He means well but, maybe Miroku-sama should try and install a few more subtleties.'

 

"Konaosu-san, the entire reason we're here is because Inuyasha smelled your blood mixed with Naraku's scent. He was concerned about your safety and still is, he wants you to get better so that you can take care of Rin-chan."

 

Miroku nodded his agreement, absently rubbing the slowly vanishing lump from Sango's weapon.

 

"Indeed, Inuyasha drove us as hard as we could go in order to get to your aid faster. The only other time we've seen him move so fast is when Kagome-sama is in trouble."

 

Inuyasha spluttered a disclaimer even as Shippou hopped up on to the tree root nearest to Konaosu's face and looked up at her with big emerald eyes.

 

(A/N: Uh-oh, Shippouís ultimate attack; Dewy Eyes of Doom.)

 

"Don't you wanna stay with your friends? I know I'd be lonely and sad if Kagome ever died, Rin would be sad too. Please stay alive. Please??"

 

Inuyasha couldn't take it anymore, there were faint traces of red on his cheeks as he scowled and looked away from Konaosu, ears flattening a little into his skull.

 

`Damn them all.'

 

"Look, you ain't a half bad fighter and ally against Naraku. We need all the people we can get against him. Besides…."

 

He turned his back on the group, feeling his face heat up again.

 

`Dammit, this is why I'm not nice to people.'

 

"Someone has to keep that arrogant fuck in line, might as well be you."

 

Kagome smiled softly at Inuyasha's back and returned her attention to the wounded woman.

 

`Good Job Inuyasha…'

 

"See Konaosu-san? You have people who need and want you to live."

 

Sango smiled to herself and chimed in, Kirara ignoring the heated skin and brushing against the hanyou's chin while she purred softly.

 

"If Inuyasha insists you live, that's something. Usually he just storms off swearing that he doesn't care. You've impressed him, that's no small task."

 

"Shut up!"

 

Konaosu's eyes lost their flame, returning to a paler crimson. She bowed her head slightly so that her hair would fall in front of her face, hiding the tears that fell down her cheeks.

 

"You do not know what you ask? I have betrayed my own blood, such a thing cannot be forgiven. I deserve the pain I have brought upon myself…"

 

She spoke in a whisper.

 

`I am beyond what help they can give.'

 

"Very well do as you wish."

 

Kagome gave her a bright relieved smile as she immediately began to re-administer her medical treatments on the wounded girl, the rest of the group pitching in to help in any way they could. Inuyasha was the one who applied pressure to the wounds to prevent more bleeding while Sango disinfected the wounds with a special powder she had. Miroku said a few prayers, trying to bless the wounds in case Naraku had tried to place a curse on them. Shippou was frantically trying to help in any way he could and wound up sitting on Konaosu's uninjured shoulder, running his little fingers through her hair in an attempt to soothe her.

 

"It'll be alright, no one's died yet when Kagome's treated them. Just don't look at the wounds, you'll heal faster that way and besides, you won't feel as nauseous too."

 

Inuyasha snorted and gave Shippou a look before sending his attention back to the wound he was currently helping Kagome seal up.

 

"This thing's more inside than it is out. Dammit, she's going to have to stay here and not move if she even hopes to recover.'

 

"Shut up Shippou, you're not helping her concentrate on healing. Damn Naraku, this is worse than my wound when I got hit through the throat by Musou, or worse yet, the chest wound that scarred because of that bastard Sesshoumaru rammin his hand where it didnít belong."

 

Konaosu's eyes lifted slightly at the hanyou's comment.

 

"You must be destined to be ill fated in battle."

 

A small smile tugged at her mouth before she leaned her head against the trunk of the tree.

 

`Tired……I'm so tired……mama…'

 

Slowly her eyes, which now resembled a pinkish hue, began to close.

 

*********************************

 

If his eyes had been supernova's before, now they were exploding with the force of a solar flare. Fangs were bared to the gumline as the grip on Toukijinís handle nearly bent the metal beneath his fingers as he swung a burst of the electric blue energy that overlapped all the others in mass and power. Crimson had long replaced amber for dominance as the taiyoukai continued to attack the bastard who dared attack and touch what was his.

 

`There will be no escape this round Naraku.'

 

"Enough of your sorcery ploys and fight this Sesshoumaru as if you had a scrap of honor!"

 

(A/N: OK. Thereís a fine line between pissed off, pissed off, pissed off,pissed off, and, YOU FUCKIN CROSSED THE LINE BITCH; PISSED OFF! Can anyone guess which stage Sesshyís at? …...that's what I thought.)

 

The real Naraku, retreated back into his purplish cloud of miasma, and sent the remaining two kugutsu into the blast. His voice echoing out to the inu lord as his clones dissolved into dust.

 

"Ah…her youki is depleting. If you wait much longer she will be nothing but a wandering soul."

 

Before Sesshoumaru could utter half a word, a yell from a definite female voice interrupted the tense scene. Long pale black tipped hair streamed out behind the woman as she leapt from her perch on one of the highest tree branches and swung down the glowing silver halberd down.

 

`So that's where he's been, with Naraku? Ugh, baad image in my poor hanyou head imply things that shouldn't be implied; not ever…'

 

"JINSEIHAKAIHA!"

 

The blade of the halberd flashed as silver energy swirled around the entire weapon and wielder, shooting forward with a howl that sounded like a typhoon wind at the evil hanyou within the swirling mass of poisoned gases. The attack hit the miasma, blowing it away with the same effect that a strong wind clears away smoke from the eyes. Naraku stood there, a smug half smile appearing on his face as the girl landed on to the ground next to Sesshoumaru. Her silver eyes flashed angrily as she stood, halberd pointed immediately at his body with it's gleaming blade.

 

`Finally found you.'

 

"I wondered what the hell could smell like somethingís died and rotted for fifty years before bein pissed and thrown up on. Shoulda known your scent by now Naraku."

 

Narakuís eyes narrowed slightly, before a smile covered his lips.

 

"The wayward lady of the North and South. I wonder how your clans fair while you are away on one of your glorified crusades? I wouldn't leave them for too long. Your number of allies dwindle with each day, and your clans become more restless. I would be careful Asa you might lose what else you hold precious."

 

Silver eyes narrowed to slits as her fangs flashed at Naraku, her blade glowing even brighter, as if the sun were striking the silver edges itself.

 

`Low blow asshole.'

 

"And who the hell said that you and I were on a first name basis eh? I don't remember givin you that kind of honor. As for that little remark about my clans and allies. You an' me both know that most of them wish I dropped dead off a cliff somewhere so, fuck you."

 

She shifted her free hand to the kusarigama at her waist, fingertips caressing the polished metal as she gripped the handle tightly.

 

`C'mon Sesshoumaru, the hell're you wait'n for?! Give me an opening so I can blast `em!'

 

"Give me back my son this instant you sick fuck."

 

Sesshoumaru cut in before Naraku could reply, his tone was colder being as his temper was on the verge of exploding along with his control.

 

`She would have to interfere.'

 

"Hitano, remove yourself from the scene, he is mine."

 

Asa glared back at the taiyoukai, a look of disbelieving anger on her face as she removed her hand from the handle of the sickle shaped blade on her waist and showing Sesshoumaru the third finger on her hand.

 

`He'd be the one to say my actual surname, no wonder he's not mated yet.'

 

"Shut up. I have more at stake here than you at the moment. That girl's hurt, get your ass over and heal her or somethin. I have as much a right to claim this bastard's head as mine as anyone if not more so. Your family wasn't wiped out by this asshole and your heirs stolen from you. So either shut up and help me or stay the hell outta my way."

 

Her attention returned to Naraku as her hand once again found the handle of her second weapon and withdrew it.

 

`He'll escape again if I'm not careful.'

 

"I believe you remember my Hiwakai and Yasukiin? The three of us did a number on you the last time, as I recall, before you ran like the cowardly shit you are!"

 

(A/N: OK, translation time! Asa's actual surname, the one Sesshoumaru uses, means "Fire Song". Her halberd's name means "peace destroyer". A kusarigama is the sickle shaped weapon and chain that Sango's little brother uses; it's name means "Burning Brand". Oh, her attack means "Life Destruction Blast", it's wind based if ya couldnít tell. Shi: She shoulda said `dog'….)

 

Narakuís eyes passed over the said weapons, before returning to the two infuriated youkai before him.

 

"It would do you well to remember Asanagi, and Daitan. If you do not watch yourself, you could permanently seal their fates."

 

A sickly smile crossed his face as he met gazes with Sesshoumaru.

 

"She falters…it seems that your brother and his miko are not the skilled healers that they claim to be. I thought that the duty of a lord was to protect his servants, not send them to their deaths."

 

Naraku paused slightly turning away from his two opponents.

 

"Treasure well the gifts she gave you for I doubt that such blessings will come to you again. Though her foolishness will not help you long."

 

Asa's voice kept Sesshoumaru from losing what restraints he had left and tearing off after the despicable bastard who dared to call himself even a hanyou. The hanyou woman's hair was spiking from her face as red began to creep into the silver eyes, lightning was beginning to crackle at the ends of her hair as she held up the Yasukiin.

 

`You bastard…'

 

Images of her past flooded her memories, especially the rather bold ones of her finding her families' bodies strewn about carelessly, as if they were toys that were thrown away.

 

`You will pay, by the Flame and Wind I swear on it!'

 

"And here I thought the duty of a twisted soul like you was to die by the hands of those you bit. Kakoushinasai Naraku, today you meet your maker!"

 

The kusarigama's blade erupted into flames while the wind once again crackled around the halberd. Asa leaped into the air, crossing the weapons before diving straight at the evil hanyou with murder in her heart.

 

`I won't let him escape again.'

 

"THIS IS FOR MY FAMILY!!"

 

The weapons shone brighter as she swung both the blades down towards Naraku's body, tears of anger and grief fell from her eyes and hit her hair as she attacked.

 

"RAERYUUHA!!"

 

(Lightning Flame Torrent Destruction)

 

The flames swirled into a funnel shaped blast by the wind that blew aroudn the halberd, lightning crackled within and around the blast as it burst ahead of Asa's body towards Naraku.

 

Naraku's crimson eyes widened in slight appreciation of the new skill that the Hitano displayed.

 

`Her predictability will be her downfall.'

 

A twisted smile crossed his face.

 

"Kanna."

 

The small white haired child materialized from behind the evil hanyouu. A small mirror brandished in her white hands. Cold lifeless eyes gazed up at the approaching threat. Without a word, the child raised the mirror, a force similar to the kazaana flowed from it. Her black eyes bored into Asa's silver ones.

 

"You can have it back."

 

Naraku turned.

 

"I leave her to you Kanna, but do not destroy her…yet."

 

With those words Naraku turned his back on Asa and the taiyoukai of the Western Lands.

 

"S-SHIT!"

 

Asa yelled in panic as she watched the small silver mirror glow and return the crimson and gold attack head on. A scream of anger, pain, and anguish ripped from her mouth as she was thrust back by her own attack, her haori and hakama burned and tore from the heat and wind. Her skin opened up into several shallow but painful lacerations before she hit the tree behind her. Sesshoumaru glanced once coldly at the crumpled form of the other royal brat he knew of before speeding straight for Naraku's back, blade prepared as he swung down.

 

`You dare to turn your back to this Sesshoumaru?!'

 

"We are not finished Naraku."

 

Asa gasped as she pushed herself from the bark and ground, she winced as she looked at the retreating forms of Kanna and Naraku. She had heard what the bastard had said to the small youkai of the void. Clutching her right shoulder, which had taken the brunt of the impact against the tree, Asa took a shaky step before yelling after the three youkai.

 

`Figures, I hit him with somethin new and he whips out the same damn thing he got me with last time.'

 

"HEY! I…I AIN'T DOWN YET! I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY DAMMIT! IF YOU'RE GONNA FINISH IT, FINISH IT!!"

 

Sesshoumaru's blade was about to connect with the shoulderblade of Naraku when his eyes caught the golden claws of the Tetsusaiga's attack. Cursing the hanyou's timing, both of them, the taiyoukai retreated away from the oncoming wave of destruction, landing in front of Asa as he restrained himself from sending forth an attack of his own to hit both of the pests.

 

`Damn you Inuyasha. Yet again you have interfered.'

 

"….stay down Hitano."

 

"Go fuck a bone, who the hell in their right mind would dare to…"

 

Another voice interrupted both of them with a bellow that was unmistakable.

 

"KAZE NO KIZU!"

 

(Please, PLEASE, tell me you don't need a translation for this! ….FINE dammit, here. "Wound of the Wind" Shi:….pitiful.)

 

"FUUJIN NO MAI!"

 

(Dance of the Wind Blades.)

 

Immediately the wind sorceress' attack was countered by another yell from the newcomer.

 

"BAKURYUUHA!!!"

 

(Explosive Style Destruction)

 

Asa watched the chaos unfold in front of her with a disbelieving expression in her eyes as she held her now throbbing shoulder. Her eyes never left the scene even after she spoke to the pissed off taiyoukai who she was now beside.

 

`You've got to be kidding me…'

 

"This is someone's idea of a sick joke right? There is no way in any level of Hell that that puny little shit's gonna scratch `im with a wild swing like that."

 

"……"

 

"What is it with your family?! Out of all of `em, it's like only you and your father ever had any brains when it came to fighting and tactics."

 

"………"

 

"Fine then, ignore me. See if I give a damn."

 

The corner of his mouth twitched slightly.

 

"Apparently you do, else you would not be speaking."

 

Asa glowered at him, seething silently as she returned her attention to the clearing smoke in front of them.

 

"…remind me later on why we have a treaty with you."

 

"After this Sesshoumaru receives a believable answer as to why you were on his Lands."

 

`Ah hell, busted.'

 

Inuyasha smirked, if luck was on his side, maybe he'd have gotten both Sesshoumaru and Naraku in that blast. The Tetsusaiga was on his shoulder as he yelled out into the fray.

 

`Got `em.'

 

"HEY SESSHOUMARU, YOU ALIVE IN THERE OR ARE YOU DYIN LIKE NARAKU?!"

 

"…..he's your brother alright."

 

"…be silent Hitano."

 

"Shut up!"

 

Kagura's crimson eyes narrowed as she stared down at the diminishing figure of Inuyasha.

 

`The fool!'

 

Her eyes bore holes into Inuyasha.

 

"You fool!! Naraku survives because of your foolishness!!"

 

The dust had cleared revealing an empty field. Still though the evil aura had not disappated. An unnatural wind bristled around those left.

 

"Time now lays claim to it's victims…until our next meeting…Sesshoumaru…"

 

Asa forgot about the pain of her injuries, something she was actually well known for doing, and stormed over towards the coughing form of Inuyasha, her halberd and kusarigama were lying beside the spot where she had landed, forgotten as the enraged hanyou removed the katana she had hidden on her side. The blade flashed gold and orange as she removed it from the gold designed black stone sheath, covering itself with crackling flames and lightning as she made her way towards the hanyou cur in front of her vision. As she passed Sesshoumaru, one line was spoken to him.

 

`That……'

 

"I hope to the Winds and Flame that you have no brotherly attacthments."

 

Sesshoumaru's eyes were hard with his own anger at Inuyasha, but his temper had exceeded his limits for the time being, he would allow the hineko hanyou to get her point across. It would prove to be amusing to him.

 

"…..none."

 

Inuyasha sneezed, the last of the dust clearing itself from his eyes and nose as he looked up, just in time to block a flaming blade from entering his chest cavity with the Tetsusaiga.

 

`Dammit…I can't fucking see with all that dust, where's Naraku?!'

 

"What the hell?!"

 

Asa's crimson tinged silver eyes burned with a fire identical to that of the suzaku hanyou he had fought not that long ago into his own eyes.

 

"I told you to stay where you were and make yourself useful there! What part of that don't you understand?!"

 

He growled and knocked her blade from his, attacking her head on and being blocked in turn.

 

`It's her.'

 

"You were the one that drew the first blood bitch!"

 

"Still whining about that last encounter?! I found her after she flew past me and hit the bloody tree! How big an idiot are you!? Are you that fuckin stupid or does your nose fail to work?! Naraku's scent was completely soaked in with hers! And thanks to you, that bastard escaped yet again before Sesshoumaru or myself could kill him! You have no idea what you have cost me you pathetic excuse for a hanyou!"

 

The bite and sizzle against his side made the hanyou boy jerk away, his blade held up even as he spared a glance to the side her sword had cut into. That had hurt, he could tell this woman wasn't messing around like she had with him before.

 

`D-Dammit, try to kill one and I get another one ready to kill me.'

 

"Look dammi.."

 

Before the hanyou could try and talk his way out of being impaled by the murderous woman in front of him, the sound of Kagome's voice caught his ears, her scream was filled with panic as she called his name.

 

"INUYASHAAA!!"

 

The scarlet slowly left the girl's eyes as she sheathed her blade, disgust written in her every line as she began to stalk off towards the forests' entrance, picking up the other two weapons as she walked by. Silver eyes darkened as she began to jog into the darkness.

 

`Why do I even bother, if getting slammed into the ground by multiple peolpe didn't work, why would I be any different?!'

 

"You two can stay and have a nice brotherly fight or whatever the hell you do when you interact. As for me, there's someone with the Flame inside dyin, I'm goin to go try and stop it. Hey, Sesshoumaru, if you're comin sometime soon, grab her blade, it might help her heal."

 

Inuyasha glared after the girl's retreating back and began to run to catch up with her.

 

`Her name ain't Inuyasha!'

 

"Kagome didn't call you."

 

"I didn't hear her say, `Here idiot!' either."

 

Sesshoumaru listened to the sounds of the bickering vanish into the forest as he walked over to the abandoned blade jutting up from the earth. His right hand, the one that was restored to him by Konaosu's power, reached down and removed the forgotten sword from its temporary sheath. A very slight pulse beat beneath his palm from the sword itself, signalling the state of it's wielder. Somethign invaded his mind, the voice slightly masculine in tone as the heat flared in his thoughts.

 

:Fool, you waste time while our Flame flickers and burns out. Go to her.:

 

The voice died immediately when the taiyoukai attempted to reply, now he was wary of the blade, such a weapon that could speak into his thoughts was to be considered dangerous. Shaking his head once, Sesshoumaru's senses caught and pinpointed Konaosu's exact location. He walked smoothly towards what looked to be an overgrown bramble patch and around it, a pathway was laying in plain sight once he removed the brambles.

 

`This Sesshoumaru does not approve of this blade with such abilities. The two fools may bicker to their heart's content.'

 

*************************************************************

 

"Look, just shut the hell up and go, I dunno, lay down or something. You're startin to piss me off again."

 

Asa snapped at the muttering hanyou boy beside her, he had not stopped bitching about how she was the one who had attacked Konaosu and how he wasn't at fault for Naraku's escape.

 

`No wonder why his brother wants him dead.'

 

"Will you just shut the hell up already?! Geez! Talkin to you is like arguing with the taiyoukai, it doesn't get you anywhere. Now shut up, we're here."

 

`Finally…if it would have taken any longer, he'd be walkin around with six or more inches of steel through his throat.'

 

Inuyasha glowered, his jaw was clenched so tightly that a muscle visibly twitched in his cheek. There were a great many things he'd absolutely love to tell this newcoming wench but, Kagome came first. Maybe next time she went home to her time, he'd go find the wench and kill her. That thought calmed him, a smirk came on to his face, getting him a wary glance from Asa.

 

`Uh-oh, that crazy hanyou's smiling, that's almost as bad as when his brother does it.'

 

Konaosu was limply being shaken by Kagome and Miroku, Shippou was patting her face frantically, emerald eyes filled with tears. Judging by the way some of her hair seemed to be wet, Inuyasha and Asa guessed that Sango had thrown water into the wounded woman's face to wake her. Kagome said something quietly under her breath to Miroku, who stopped shaking the unconscious hanyou and held her upright. The miko's eyes turned focused even as Asa and Inuyasha heard what she was saying, her hand drawing back behind her before descending as hard and fast as the ningen girl could.

 

"Sumimasen Konaosu-san!"

 

Asa's mouth opened at the same times as Inuyasha's, their words rushing out at the same time.

 

`She's actually gonna…'

 

"Whoa! Wait a se-…"

 

:THWAP!:

 

All ningen and youkai alike, hanyou included, winced in sympathy as Kagome's entire hand met with the pale cheek of Konaosu, the sound echoing off into the forest beyond. A red mark appeared in the shape of a handprint on the girl's cheek, Kagome's face was red with shame as she lowered her hand back to her side and bent down to check the now awakened suzaku woman.

 

`I can't believe I did that…'

 

Slowly the suzaku woman's eyes opened to reveal the white orbs beneath. A hand slowly raised and touched the brazen cheek. Her eyes first falling upon the ningen girl before her, before taking in those beyond, her gaze lingering last on the youkai lord, before closing once again.

 

`There will be no peace now…'

 

She held up a hand as Kagome bent closer to her yet again.

 

"I am awake, Kagome-chan, there is no need to repeat your earlier action."

 

While Kagome's face attempted to match the hue of Konaosu's haori, Inuyasha stormed up, giving his brother a rather nasty look that left Asa snickering at the glance the taiyoukai returned at the hanyou's back and stared into Konaosu's face.

 

`The hell's with her eyes?!'

 

"Oi, quit rollin your eyes in the back of your head, you look like an idiot."

 

Asa growled in disbelieving irritation, this was beyond thick, now this was approaching the borderline of `suicidally stupid'. Her haori and hairt streamed out behind her as she shoved the hanyou out of Konaosu's face and scowled down at the surprised hanyou on his butt.

 

`Where the hell do you put these kinds of people?! They're not only dangerous to everyone else, they're a hazard to themselves!'

 

"Do any of you know anything about suzaku?! Or are all of you dumbasses?!"

 

Her silver eyes flicked briefly on to the taiyoukai as the insult was practically shouted out before returning to the pissed off hanyou below her.

 

`Yare yare…time for a little education.'

 

"It's freakin obvious, I can't believe none of you thought of it yet."

 

Inuyasha interrupted her, eyes flashing angrily, sure he enjoyed the way Sesshoumaru's eyes had narrowed at the girl, hell, maybe he'd help him kill her later, but as long as she was shootin her mouth off, might as well get something useful out of her.

 

"If it's so easy, then fucking spill it already!"

 

"Fire."

 

Asa said simply, enjoying the way realization dawned on the ningen's faces. OK, she'd cut them a little slack, but not the taiyoukai or his brother, those two had been around more than long enough to know something like this.

 

`OK, more suzaku history comin right up. Hope that Konaosu girl doesn't kill me.'

 

"Look, it's really easy. Basically, the color of a suzaku youkai's eyes tells you the condition of their inner flame, or their soul. Judging by the way she looks at the moment, her eyes are normally a deep scarlet, right? Well, see how her eyes are white, except for her pupil? Get the fucking fire started now, otherwise, you're gonna be short one ally."

 

When no one moved, Asa gave a frusterated growl and yelled at all of them, her temper was on a critically short leash at the moment.

 

`For cryin out loud!'

 

"SHE'S DYIN ALRIGHT?! THAT'S WHAT THAT MEANS WHEN HER EYES FADE TO WHITE!"

 

She took a deep breath and reached for Konaosu's body.

 

`No one knows anything, and here I was told I had useless information in my head.'

 

"Fine, I'll be the one to take care of her. The rest of you can play fetch with the baka and his brother."

 

Konaosu's eyes had shot open during the new hanyou's explanation.

 

`Where did this hanyou come from?'

 

While Asa had been busy educating the group, Konaosu had taken the time to study the girl. She found the new hanyou interesting in a dangerous sort of way.

 

`A hineko, and utatori…'

 

Konaosu knew that this did not bode well for her.

 

"I do not wish or desire your assistance. My fate is not yours to decide."

 

Before the hanyou could respond, Konaosu's voice changed and a sound that had not been heard for some time in the lands of the youkai and ningen came forth. Her voice was a blend of bird song, and some ancient language that not many were privy to.

 

"Sacred flame that once was broken, hear your servants plea. Grant protection from your lesser brother, keep pure the flame within me."

 

Konaosu's face had taken on an ethereal glow as she had spoken the old suzaku spell.

 

Asa's hand jerked away as the barrier glowed when she touched it, the shimmering barricade was barely an inch above the skin and stung like hell itself when it was brushed against. Silver eyes widened in shock at the incantation her fire sister had cast around herself. Her hand shook itself from the sting of the barrier before replacing the wounded on on her hip and shaking a scolding finger at the girl in front of her.

 

`Why that little…she's got more spite in her than that pain in the ass taiyoukai and his brother combined!'

 

"Hey! I didn't understand some of that but I know that was a blow below the obi! That's not fair or nice dammit!"

 

Inuyasha snickered and reached out for Konaosu's leg to pull himself up, a yell escaped from him as he jerked back, scooting a couple yards away as his ears flattened against his skull even as he bared his fangs and growled at the wounded woman.

 

"What the fuck'd you do that for?! Take that barrier off or I'll destroy it off!"

 

Konaosu stared at the younger inu, amusement in her eyes.

 

"Be my guest."

 

`If he somehow manages to break the incantation, which I doubt, the blast would kill me as well. He would deliever what I wish without knowing it.'

 

Asa stared at her for a moment, hand still throbbing slightly from the spell even as an eyebrow raised in her own amusement.

 

`She's sadistic too, no wonder Sesshoumaru has her under his service. Mental note, find out how that happened in the first place.'

 

Before the Tetsusaiga was fully drawn, a hand clamped down on to Inuyasha's wrist, firmly holding the hanyou's arm from drawing the blade any farther, his second hand lay gently on Toukijin, as an obvious threat and warning.

 

`He will not touch what is mine.'

 

"Leave your blade sheathed Inuyasha, else you lose the hand with it."

 

Inuyasha was about ready to fire off his mouth when his eyes finally noticed the second hand. His eyes looked confused for a moment as he stared before realization finally dawned on him.

 

`Why that…'

 

"Why the hell'd you heal his fucking arm back?!"

 

Asa's hand slapped against her forehead as she began to chant under her breath in hineko before she glowered over at Inuyasha, his stupidity was beyond belief and she was tired of it.

 

`Screw the prayers for patience, they ain't workin.'

 

"By the Sacred Flame! Are you the biggest of fools in this entire known world or are you just acting that way?! I've seen corpses with more brains than I've seen from you in the past candlemark! Do us all a favor and whack what's left of your brain cells out, sure as hell couldn't make you any more of an idiot than you already are!"

 

`There emerged her mother's infamous temper. Honoo, you left more with your offspring than you realized.'

 

While Sesshoumaru got his kicks from seeing Inuyasha's face turn darker shades of red due to Asa's insulting rant, Kagome noticed the rapidly deteriorating condition of Konaosu and reached out towards her, braving the pain she had seen the two hanyou in.

 

"Konaosu-san? We need to get you well…"

 

Konaosu flinched as Kagome reached for her. She did not wish for Kagome to be pained by her stubbornness. She allowed Kagome access through the barrier she had placed, taking the pain that Kagome would have received herself.

 

"You care too much, Kagome-chan."

 

A small blush found its way on to her face as the miko girl shook her head, blue-grey eyes still filled with concern.

 

`What's that supposed to mean?'

 

"That's not true, you can never care too much about a friend. At least, that's what I was taught. Now, how can I help you heal yourself?"

 

Konaosu bit her lip.

 

"You can, Kagome chan."

 

`I have…'

 

She turned her head away from the girl, gently removing her hand.

 

"There is nothing you can do."

 

"B-But…"

 

"Konaosu."

 

The deep voice of the taiyoukai interrupted the ningen girl's protest, silence filled the clearing as all eyes moved to Sesshoumaru. Inuyasha jaw promptly dropped, since when the hell had she been called by her first name by his brother?!

 

`What the hell happened here?!'

 

"Since when the hell have the two of you been on a first name basis?!"

 

"Shut up you idiot, I'm not done yellin at you yet."

 

Sesshoumaru ignored the chatter of the two hanyou behind him and focused that hard amber gaze on to the woman lying in front of him. He walked forward one step, since he knew how she was to be healed, there was no use in wasting valuable time.

 

"You will allow yourself to be placed into the flames Konaosu."

 

Asa's head shot up from its position near Inuyasha's ear, releasing her grip on his ear, the young woman walked over and looked up at Sesshoumaru, silver eyes suddenly glowing.

 

`It's time to pull out all the stakes.'

 

"The Lands of the North and South await the Lands of the West's attention."

 

While Sesshoumaru's eyes removed themselves from Konaosu's body to land on the hanyou woman staring seriously at him, Sango and Kirara were knelt next to a rapidly growing pile of wood and branches. The taiji-ya brushed a strand of her dark hair from her face as she backed away from the large pile and nodded at the tiny neko below.

 

`I hope this is enough for now, we'll have to gather more later.'

 

"Kirara, onegai."

 

With a sudden burst of fire and a snarl from the hineko, Kirara transformed into her larger warrior like form, the flames around her feet lighting the wood beneath her as she removed herself from the growing flames. Sango rubbed the giant hineko's head, scratching her underneath the chin and behind her ears.

 

"Good girl Kirara, arigatou."

 

The stare down between Asa and Sesshoumaru continued even as a breeze ruffled everyone's clothing and hair. Amber eyes stared unblinking into silver hued ones before finally speaking aloud.

 

`What has she plotted within that mind of hers?'

 

"……granted."

 

Asa's eyes flitted over to Konaosu, trying to catch her eye before a slight smile came over her face and into her eyes.

 

`Two can play that little game firebird.'

 

Her voice changed, much like Konaosu's had when she had spoken in the tongue of her own Clan, into a musical sound that held a slight growl like quality to it as she returned her gaze to Sesshoumaru.

 

"The North and South request that the Western Lands use whatever means nessicary, else they lose what they need to keep with them. Give her a choice that she cannot refuse."

 

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed marginally as he considered what the hanyou was saying, though she presented herself as an annoying meddler, Hitano Asa was actually an intelligent woman, for a hanyou. She had just proved herself once more to him with her advice. A slight incline of his head was his response as he turned to Konaosu once again.

 

(A/N: Uh-oh, here it comes.)

 

"You will obey my order Konaosu. There are four options you may consider. The first, have Inuyasha place you into the flames, the second, I, Sesshoumaru will place you there, third, Hitano will lay you within them, after you remove the barrier, or the fourth option."

 

Asa suddenly looked uneasy as she stared at him, she had a feeling he was about to really fight dirty, verbally that is.

 

`Now we'll all see why he's called the shrewd manipulator that the rest of the Lords know him as.'

 

Sesshoumaru's eyes trained and locked with Konaosu's not removing them even as he used the one weakness he knew she had; children.

 

"Should you refuse the previous three choices, this Sesshoumaru will be forced to retrieve Rin. Would you desire her to see her loved one in such a condition? You did promise her to return, she would not have let you away from her so easily."

 

Konaosu's eyes widened and there was no way for her to hide the torrent of emotions that filled them. The chief of them was angry betrayal, his mark could not have been any better.

 

`I wish that I had it in me to be so cold hearted.'

 

Konaosu pulled herself up using the tree as support. Her eyes never left the taiyoukai's face as she reopened her wounds. A gasp escaped her lips as she strode as purposefully as she was able towards the lord of the Western Lands. She stopped inches from him and gazed darkly up at him, her voice lowering audibly with each word she spoke.

 

"You should be proud mi' lord, you hold your prize to her oath well!"

 

Konaosu's eyes never left his as she reached into his obi and reclaimed her blade. Her shoulders tensed as she shifted her gaze and let it rest on the newest hanyou.

 

"You, hineko…utatori, place this in the fire. Make sure it matches the position of the rising sun in the east."

 

Konaosu tossed the Seishi Hino towards the hanyou.

 

Asa caught it easily one handed, the sleeve of her haori raising up to her shoulders and revealing part of a rather ugly looking gash that snaked deeper into the woman's haori and ended at her elbow.

 

`Hey, the blasted thing didn't zap me or nothing, what's she up to anyways?'

 

"Got it. Good choice by the way, pickin me to place the blade I mean, knowing that damn fool that calls himself a hanyou, he'd end up killin you because he doesn't know his east from west."

 

"What was that?!"

 

"Heh heh heh heh…"

 

Asa snickered as Inuyasha glowered over at her while she headed towards the fire, placing the blade into the flames, much to Kagome's shock when her amrs didn't burn when she removed them from the fire. She raised an eyebrow over at Sesshoumaru, there were just some things that you didn't use as blackmail, and using an adorable little girl was one of them.

 

`All bets are on the table, she's gonna treat the idiot like he was the taiyoukai and the taiyoukai as the idiot.'

 

"Alright, in you go."

 

Konaosu sent a pointed look her way before returning her attention to the unreadable lord beside her. Refusing to meet his gaze she stepped away from him, and took a deep breath. Whether she did this for the pain or for what she was about to do, one would never know. White soft eyes fell upon the hanyou brother of the taiyoukai.

 

"Inuyasha…help me, onegai."

 

The entire group went silent, including the arguing Inuyasha and Asa as all eyes went to the soft spoken woman who had moved away from the taiyoukai. Finally Inuyasha spoke up.

 

"What?!"

 

Asa pinched the bridge of her nose and turned away, silently wondering if either of her fellow hanyou were going to live through the night. Her eyes slid over to the taiyoukai, judging by his aura, he was once again approaching the pissed off border. Not to mention the lingering shock that was swiftly being covered up.

 

`Now that's a slap to the face, not to mention the male ego. Ouch.'

 

"Fire's ready, your blade's fixin it up suzaku style for ya."

 

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed once more, the insult he felt was clear but hidden in his eyes. He turned his back to the group and began to walk off into the forests without another word.

 

`…perhaps Inuyasha's wench can enlighten this Sesshoumaru on the makings of that herb…'

 

Konaosu sighed, as she listened to the retreating footsteps of the taiyoukai. A tinge of guilt shuddered through her but she would not allow it to show outwardly. She was still trying to understand why she had felt so betrayed by his words. Konaosu decided to speak to ease the agonizing silence. Her eyes, which had closed momentarily, once again alighting upon the silver-haired hanyou.

 

"Your clothing protects you from fire, and I know that your mind is not inclined to scheming. Now are you going to help me or are you going to allow me to extinguish. I do not believe Kagome-chan would take to that very well. Or would you rather the hanyou place me in the fire?"

 

"Hey!"

 

Asa said, sounding believably offended even as a grin crossed her face while she made sure the blade was exactly where it should be. Inuyasha scowled darkly over at Asa while he walked over and stood next to Konaosu for a moment before carefully picking her up and beginning to carry her over towards the flames.

 

`Scheming, she already figured out Miroku.'

 

"Keh, and let that stupid bitch figure out a way to try and kill you again? Not likely."

 

Konaosu sighed in exhaustion of the body and the mind, as she rested her head on his shoulder. After a moment Inuyasha grunted to himself and leaned over to place her into the fire.

 

"Dammit, what the hell you've been eating?! You weigh a fucking ton."

 

Asa let out a snarl of irritation, catching the attention of some of the group as she fired invisible daggers into multiple points on Inuyasha's body with her mind.

 

`Kill the bastard, just do it.'

 

"Are you still stuck on the fact that I happen to be there by chance when she hit the tree?! God you are one freakin big idiot! As for that weight comment, I hope she slaps you for that, not that it'd get through that boulder you call a skull."

 

Konaosu glared at the hanyou before her.

 

"You know, Inuyasha, there is a myth about the bearer of the Seishi Hino. It is said that when the chosen bearer comes close to death and allows the sword to heal them, that they gain in strength from the process. I hope for your sake it is only a myth, but we will settle this when I have healed myself."

 

She paused a small smile crossing her face at the indignant one before her, she held up a hand to forestall his coming outburst.

 

"And Inuyasha…."

 

Her voice lowered slightly.

 

"………..thank you."

 

 

 

So sorry that it took so freakin long to pop this out. We'll be working on the next chapter, we'll get it out faster, we promise! Anyhoo, we want your opinions and such on our characters! We want reviews too dammit!! Even if it's just "Great Story!" it counts!!!!!!!! Anyhoo, later!