InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha A Feudal Fairytale: Bound By A Promise ❯ Chapter 7: part III ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An outcry of pain escaped her lips as she tumbled towards the ground with the taiyoukai, but instead of falling all the way with him she released him and clumsily rolled, positioning herself in front of him. The action had ripped the tentacle, that had pierced under her arm on the right side protruding just under her collarbone on the left side, from it's owner. Ignoring the pain she drew her blade, the Seishi Hino immediately bursting into flame.

 

"Eien hi no ken hanasu!"

 

There was a bright flash of crimson gold, as the sword seemingly split itself in half. The two halves weaved themselves into identical blades, each burning brightly in her hands, before she heaved them in opposite directions. The blades pierced the ground, one on the right and the other on the left.

 

"SEISHI HINO!"

 

Her words invoked a torrent of flames that swept around her and Sesshoumaru. The energy of the two swords erected a sufficient barrier to keep their mutual enemy at bay, as long as the wielder did not fail. The pain that racked her body was too great for her in her current position, and she felt her arm give away.

 

Before she could topple over, a strong hand gripped her right shoulder and held her up. The taiyoukai's knee was holding her back up as he rose to a slightly kneeling position, his words and breath hot as they skittered across her cheek and neck.

 

"You little fool! This Sesshoumaru had commanded you to stay with Rin, not to blatantly disobey and go where you please!"

 

Konaosu glared at the taiyoukai, only partially grateful for the hand that had kept her from the grounds clutches.

 

"You told me to take Rin to the place you deemed. I did as you bid me to do…mi'lord!"

 

Konaosu shakily stood wrenching her shoulder free from his grip. She decided to ignore the taiyoukai for the moment, and turned her eyes to what lay beyond. Naraku stood just beyond the fire a chilling smile across his face.

 

"I knew you would come to me."

 

Konaosu's eyes narrowed to slits.

 

"I did not come to you."

 

A deep inhibiting chuckle filled the clearing.

 

"Tell me have you decided what fate awaits you?"

 

Konaosu clenched her fist.

 

"I have."

 

Naraku's smile broadened.

 

"Then call back your flames and give this Sesshoumaru to me."

 

Sesshoumaru had risen after Konaosu, his eyes tinged with scarlet. Toukijin rested by his side.

 

"Apparently, this Sesshoumaru has given you far too much credit."

 

Konaosu eye's widened slightly in fury as did the barrier of flames. Never the less she kept her eyes trained on Naraku before her, and continued to ignore the taiyoukai.

 

"I will give you nothing!!"

 

A demented look of anticipation crossed Naraku's face.

 

"You would pick this Sesshoumaru when his only purpose is to become a part of me."

 

Naraku laughed.

 

"You do realize that you are nothing but a possession to this Sesshoumaru. You would dishonor your own blood for such a black hearted mongrel?"

 

A low growl erupted from the youkai lord behind Konaosu.

 

"A black hearted mongrel you say, this Sesshoumaru may be black hearted, but the blood that flows through this Sesshoumaru's veins contains nothing but pure youkai blood. Unlike the abomination that flows through your own."

 

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed to slits, a dangerous glint that many did not live to tell about resonated in them.

 

"Unlike that of my dear younger brother, Konaosu has more purity in her mixed blood than you could ever hope to obtain. Unlike you Naraku, Konaosu does not have to rely on an ancient object to obtain greater power."

 

Konaosu glanced behind her.

 

`Did I just hear those words come from the taiyoukai of the Western Lands?'

 

A tentacle slammed into the fiery barrier, making it flare to new heights, and causing Konaosu to stumble slightly back. Naraku's darkened enraged eyes bored into Konaosu's own.

 

"Sobe it!! You will learn how foolish it is to oppose me!!"

 

A sickly gleam came into his eyes.

 

"I shall enjoy my new possession."

 

The last fragment of control and restraint that held Konaosu's rage at bay dissipated. Her eyes lost all resemblance to her human half and turned to flame. Her left hand flew up catching the detached tentacle, that had pierced her flesh, in a grip of ice. With her left hand she ripped the tentacle from her body, burning it to ash. A look of pure defiance in her features, as she scornfully wiped the ash from her hand.

 

"You may try."

 

She hissed as blood immediately poured down her right side, and pooled around her neck and left collar bone. The blood soaking into the layers of her clothing before cascading down to the earth below her feet. She abruptly turned and faced the taiyoukai. The deadly look he held pierced through her rage, and caused her a moment of fear. She had been privy to such rage and it was not unthinkable that some of that was for her and her rebellious nature. Konaosu knew that she had to make some sort of amends otherwise the Lord of the Western Lands would not allow her to do what she contemplated. She inclined her head to him.

 

"Please, mi'lord, forgive me. Rin was afraid that you would not return…"

 

Konaosu paused a moment as the kugutsu began to move beyond the fire. Her senses warned her that there was danger but she continued.

 

`I must finish this…'

 

"I promised Rin that I would bring you back. This is the reason I came, I cannot deny her such a thing."

 

Konaosu looked up into the closed off, crimson amber eyes of the taiyoukai and awaited his reply. The scarlet gaze of the taiyoukai seemed to pierce into her very soul as he stared into her eyes, something within them changed, she didn't know how she could tell but, there was something different now.

 

"……if you gave your word to Rin, it must be kept."

 

Came the cold voice of the taiyoukai as his eyes flickered over to one of the kugutsu that was attempting to force its way past the flaming barrier, cursing as it was singed by the flames. A deep lethal sounding growl forced its way past his mouth and was directed at the kugutsu.

 

"How touching."

 

Naraku laughed as the kugutsu converged as one on the barrier, attacking it. There was a burst of light, and the barrier flickered. Konaosu stumbled forward, falling into the taiyoukai. She shut her eyes adding the strength of her inner flame to the barrier created by her relic.

 

"Your desperation will not hold and your barrier will fail!"

 

Konaosu opened her eyes, and looked over her shoulder with narrowed eyes.

 

"Not before I do what I have come to do!"

 

A conniving smile crossed her face before she returned her attention to the taiyoukai she had fallen into. She lifted her left bloodied hand and gingerly touched the taiyoukai's left cheek.

 

`I will not dishonor my heritage and fail yet!'

 

Konaosu called out her youki, the purplish glow covering her form, and converging to the hand that touched the taiyoukai's cheek. The suzaku youki spread over the taiyoukai's body and united over the wound on his lower right side. As the wound healed, Konaosu rested her right hand on the taiyoukai's armless shoulder. Her brows knotting in concentration as the amount of youki that flowed from her increased. The sudden rise of youki blowing her black tresses from her face and giving her a ghostly appearance. Her right hand trembled as the wound in Western Lords shoulder reopened.

 

The always proud Lord of the Western Lands did not flinch, though the wound, healed and smoothed over from that…..incident a year ago with the half breed fool, broke open, as if the injury had just been freshly given. Scarlet streams of his pure youkai blood pattered against the grass below him, pooling and soaking into the dirt. His eyes were cold and yet, somehow victorious and smug as he matched gazes with Naraku.

 

(A/N: *Yoake falls over giggling* That's too perfect! I can just see an out take in my head right now!

Sess: *arrogant smirk* See?! I told you she was mine!

Naraku: *glower glower sulk sulk* ……I'll get you yet….)

 

`This Sesshoumaru informed the fool in the very beginning that he would regret tangling in this Sesshoumaru's affairs.'

 

The sensation coursing through his blood was beginning to grow painful, something was trying to force its way out from the stub of what he had left of his right arm.

 

(A/N: Left or right?! Make up your damn mind already!!! GEEZ!))

 

`What is she doing? The wound on this Sesshoumaru's side is healed, what else has this hanyou woman set her mind to?'

 

Konaosu could feel her strength giving out, and her connection with the barrier beginning to fail. The flames flickered dangerously telling of the wielders impending weakness. Her face had grown pale.

 

`Seishi Hino please aid me…'

 

The blades in the fire began to glow white, hearing the voice of their chosen. White hot light shot towards Konaosu, giving her a final burst of youki. Blood splattered against the suzaku woman as something burst through the taiyoukai's skin. There was one final strobe of light before it flickered and died. Konaosu slowly opened her eyes, a smug smile crossing her face as she studied the healed arm of Sesshoumaru. She looked up at the taiyoukai.

 

"I have evened the odds, mi'lord."

 

Her hand fell from his cheek, and her body gave out, causing her to collapse fully into the taiyoukai's arms. As she fell the barrier of flames vanished, and the Seishi Hino returned to that of a normal blade.

 

(A/N: *Yoake is busy taunting Naraku through the surveillance camera*

Yoake: HA HA! See?! Can you COUNT Naraku? One, TWO!

*Naraku somehow burst through the screen and sends Yoake crashing into the door, an evil look in his eyes as he holds up a hand, a burst of violet miasma beginning to form.*

Naraku: Are you able to count hanyou? One, two..

*Yoake busts the door down and runs out, eyes big as saucers as she screams*

Yoake: THREE!)

 

Sesshoumaru instinctively caught the girl that fell against him, the claws on his renewed arm flexing slightly as he admired the new arm.

 

`She has done well, there are no complications, as if the cur had never removed the limb to begin with.'

 

His senses had caught a slight little marking that had not been there before, it was insignificant and small enough so that one would have to look for it. One arm would suffice to brace her for the moment he decided as he shifted the weakened woman into his left arm, his hand gripping her shoulder as a hold. Sesshoumaru's voice was calm, holding a bit of a victory note as his eyes coolly sought Naraku's furious crimson gaze, the claws on his restored hand glowing the poisonous emerald and cracking softly.

 

"The tides have turned Naraku, you have once again underestimated the powers and connections that this Sesshoumaru has in his possession. Your fate is sealed."

 

Naraku's eyes narrowed.

 

"Perhaps but your possession is withering. What will you do Sesshoumaru? Save the suzaku or try and defeat me?"

 

The kugutsu began to shift, as the miasma thickened in the air.

 

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed slightly as the amber eyes glowed in the thickening darkness, his free hand reaching for Toukijin and holding it high into the air, the blade flashing a brilliant white-blue as the youki crackled. He thrust the blade down swiftly, sending out the youki attack as his powerful voice rang out through the air.

 

"SOURYUUHA!"

 

(A/N: Peeps, this IS an actual Sesshoumaru attack, he uses this for the first time in the 3rd movie against the army of undead. I'm just assuming he's known it and was just saving it for some awesome drama moment to make all the faniacts go "SQUEEEE!" and O.O….I'm unclear on the translation so, no cool what's the English translation for Sesshy…who the hell really needs it anyways?!)

 

As the attack was blasted forth at Naraku, Sesshoumaru, though his eyes never left the enemy in front of him, spoke to the exhausted woman below him, her wounds were still bleeding.

 

"You must heal your wounds, this Sesshoumaru can hold his own now."

 

After another tense moment, his voice had dropped again until she could barely hear him.

 

"Well done."

 

Konaosu looked up, shock in her pale crimson eyes. Her voice drifted up to him tinged with pain.

 

"Of this I am aware."

 

`I would be capable of this if I had not expended myself. I am used up and my body will not heal itself…Sumimasen, Rin-chan…'

 

Naraku raised an eyebrow. He was mildly impressed by this new ability of Sesshoumaru's. It had thoroughly obliterated the kugutsu he had placed in it's path.

 

`This power will be a marvelous addition to myself.'

 

"Well done…Sesshoumaru, but I think you fail in one thing this day."

 

The remaining five kugutsu surrounded the two.

 

"I will be gracious to you Sesshoumaru. I will give you a choice…give me the suzaku and I will allow you to live a while longer, or refuse and I will destroy you now and take what is mine!"

 

Amber eyes flashed crimson for an instant as the insult came through to the taiyoukai. Unconsciously his hand on Konaosu's shoulder tightened its grip, the elegant fangs of the taiyoukai were revealed as he gave his answer.

 

`He is a bigger fool than Inuyasha, if he thinks that the likes of this Sesshoumaru will fall prey to his baiting.'

 

"Apparently this Sesshoumaru has not made himself clear to you Naraku. Surrender never will be an option for this taiyoukai."

 

Naraku's eyes sparkled with something hidden.

 

"You are a fool."

 

The kugutsu attacked in unison, two of them sending tentacles towards the wounded suzaku. The miasma advancing with the kugutsu.

 

"Perhaps I will steal the life from your precious suzaku and make her soul mine!"

 

Naraku laughed.

 

"Choose quickly, Sesshoumaru."

 

Toukijin slashed down another burst of the blue-white energy, cutting away the tentacles coming at the young woman in his arms. Eyes flashing angrily as he fought against the onslaught of the kugutsu. Anger tinged his voice as a roar ripped itself from his throat.

 

Konaosu leaned into the taiyoukai more to ease her pain then anything else. Her head resting against his shoulder as her eyes looked beyond. Something had caught her senses in the miasma. Konaosu narrowed her eyes, willing them to focus, as she peered into the thick miasma. There was a shadow.

 

`What…?'

 

Her eyes widened in panic.

 

`No it can't be…'

 

A cry reached her ears and wrenched her heart. The shadow becoming clearer. Her breath caught in her throat at the sight of the small child she held dear running in panic. One of the kugutsu chasing her, whipping and cutting the child as she ran.

 

`NO!! How can this be?! I left Rin in Aun's care far from here…'

 

The kugutsu smiled wickedly as it brought a tentacle crashing down upon her charge. Blood sprinkled the ground as the small child fell, an out cry of pain coming from her lips. Pain filled dark eyes turned towards Konaosu.

 

"Nao-kaa-san…"

 

Naraku's kugutsu looked in her direction as well, placing it's twisted ligament above the innocent child. It's eyes twinkled with maliciousness, leaving no doubt as to it's planned outcome for the girl. The kugutsu raised a pale slender hand, drawing the miasma towards it and successfully concealing what lay beyond from prying eyes. The last thing to grace Konaosu's vision was the soft smile of glee on the kugutsu's face, and the sound of Rin's scream.

 

The suzaku woman panicked, suddenly pushing herself away from the taiyoukai and out of his grip. She used the last of her energy to run towards where the little girl had been. The miasma surrounding her and hiding her from the taiyoukai.

 

"Rin-chan!"

 

She called fearing the worst as she was answered by silence. Tears filled her eyes as the miasma parted and she found a bloodied unconscious Rin lying motionless on the ground. A scream burst from her lips as she collapsed beside the girl.

 

"No…Rin-chan…how can this be? Rin…wake up!"

 

She reached out to touch the motionless child only to have her disappear. Her eyes widened in shock and horror, as a chuckle erupted from behind her. Konaosu realized her mistake too late. Her panic rose as she desperately searched for the taiyoukai, but the miasma was too thick, obscuring her vision and sense of smell.

 

"You are beyond the reach of your Lord!"

 

A brown, twisted tentacle wound itself around her, brushing roughly against her wounds. An outcry escaped her and she lay motionless in the grip of Naraku.

 

Naraku smiled a malicious smile as the miasma parted and he held the subdued Konaosu for the eye's of the taiyoukai.

 

"Look what has come to me, Sesshoumaru."

 

If looks were blades, Naraku would have been sliced into pieces no finer than a hair's width, judging by the expression deep within the molten amber eyes of the taiyoukai. His grip on Toukijin tightened further as his voice came out furious.

 

"Resorting to lowly trickery again Naraku? Have you no honor?"

 

(A/N: Ah….NO!)

 

Naraku smirked.

 

"Honor? What has honor done for this Sesshoumaru? You have gained nothing and will lose everything!"

 

Naraku drew the suzaku woman closer to himself.

 

"You have done as I said you would."

 

Naraku smiled victoriously at the suzaku.

 

"But your actions will not spare your mother."

 

Konaosu's eyes darkened, the pupil beginning to fade. She flexed the hand of the arm Naraku had left free.

 

"You will not touch my mother!!"

 

Naraku brought her to his eye level.

 

"You are not in a position to dictate what this Naraku does or does not do!"

 

Konaosu's eyes turned a black crimson, and her arm flew towards the hanyou's face. The nails of her hand cutting three deep slashes across his cheek.

 

Naraku's eyes turned deadly, but his voice still held mild amusement.

 

"You have done exactly what I have wished. Thank you for the gift of your mother! I will gladly tell her of your betrayal!!"

 

Naraku tightened his grip before he raised her above his head. His crimson eyes locked with Sesshoumaru's.

 

"Do you wish for the return of your servant?"

 

Naraku smiled, his tentacles tightening even more, soaking them with her blood.

 

"I will give her back to you. A small gift before your end!"

 

The tentacle whipped back before releasing it's burden and hurtling it through the air. The suzaku woman passing directly over the taiyoukai. It was apparent that Naraku wished for him to catch the falling woman. Naraku chuckled as Sesshoumaru remained where he was.

 

"You did not want her? A pity, don't worry Sesshoumaru I will take care of her for you."