InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Marching Band ❯ Chapionships ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

Inuyasha: This woman does not own me.

Sesshoumaru: No one owns this Sesshoumaru.

Both Authoresses: -sob- this is the last chapter -sigh-

Inuyasha Marching Band Chapter 12: Championships

The faithful day finally came. The band geeks are on their lovely yellow little bus to Hershey Park one day below twenty degrees Fahrenheit. The crew stayed on the bus reminiscing all the wins and narrow escapes against Kingsway until the two hours bus ride passed by.

Flashback

Competition 2: "IN SECOND PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 83. . . KINGSWAY."

The Gloucester band started to tease, mock, and boo Kingsway when they obtained second place. "REIGNING IN FIRST PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 85. . . GLOUCESTER." The band cheered and cheered beyond recognition when they heard that they had beaten Kingsway.

Competition 3: "SECOND PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 86. . . GLOUCESTER. IN FIRST PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 87. . . KINGSWAY. NOW, FOR THE SPECIAL AWARDS, BEST COLOR GUARD, BEST DRUMLINE, BEST MARCHING, BEST MUSIC, BEST MARCHING, AND BEST DRUM MAJOR. . . GLOUCESTER."

End flashback

"People, get dressed," hollered Mr. Kinsey, waking up all the sleepy heads on the bus, quickly, the people lazily got u from their seat and donned their complicated uniform. Then the band people got off the bus in a straight line and into a deformed circle.

"Anna, darling, my hands are frozen. Will you be so kind as to warm my hands?" said Emrys using Miroku's perverted voice.

"Not now, honey, we have to tune," replied Anna.

Emrys growled in disappointment, and dragged himself to the warm up arc that formed a few moments ago.

"Now that EVERYONES here let's do the scale warm up," mocked Amanda.

All the wind players gave Anna and Emrys a suspicious look before they played. Then, for some strange reason Amanda stopped the warm up from advancing.

"Jenny, why aren't you playing," she asked.

"Um, I think my thumb is frozen, and it won't come off the thumb hole," said Jenny smiling forcefully as a sweat drop appeared at her temple.

"O . . . k, Dan put your clarinet down and hold on to Jenny's. Jenny, try to pry your thumb off," issued the Drum Major.

The two clarinetist did what they were told, and Jenny's finger came off with an ow as a huge red mark started to appear.

"Phew, glad that came off, now to prevent more, Erhem, accidents put your instruments down and stretch," commented Amanda.

Percussion~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Before we start warming up, let me fix your hats first," said Tom as he went up to the drum line. "Hey, Ariel, this actually makes you look a little taller," he said as he held the plume straight up, how it normally shouldn't be.

"HEY!" Kelli yelled to Tom as he gave her that evil, but innocent look.

"You are sooooooo lucky that you're over there she continued.

"Oh, calm down, MIDget, he's only busting on you," Muller said chuckling to himself with a huge grin on his face.

"I am NOT a midget!" Kelli yelled angrily.

"Alright, alright, that's enough, let's just start warming up," bellowed Sesshoumaru.

Everyone obeyed and went to attention to wait for the count off while Kelli is still a little pissed.

"8 on a hand," Ed yelled and they all started to play as he finished counting off. It sounded good for the first measure, but when they got to their left hand, it fell completely out of tempo.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up. What the hell was that?" Ed asked stopping the pit and drum line.

"I can't play with my left hand," Kelli said trying desperately to shake her hands out. "It's like frozen and won't move."

"I know me too," added Sarah.

"Well, we have to keep practicing so you will be fine when all of you go on to perform," Tom argued. "Now let's keep going." The percussion section continued to warm up trying to unfreeze their left hands. After a long warm-up, they were finally ready. The drum line marched over in a line as the pit pulled their instruments over to the rest of the band.

"Ow, ow, ow," Kelli said in a rhythm with the tap as she hit the rim of the drum with her numb hand. When they all joined the rest of the band, everyone went over the show music.

"Well, not bad considering the weather out here. Now, let's get in show order," screamed Amanda.

The marching unit went into show order and marched stiffly to the entrance of Hershey Stadium. They waited for quite a while before they have to perform. Some members tried to `unfreeze' their hands and arms in between, but didn't quite work out. Soon the stiff and frozen players stepped on the Astroturf, and performed or at least tried to. Once finished, they made their way for pictures, unhappily. After twenty minutes of hassle, the band peeps finally returned to the warm cozy bus to change and get something warm to eat like hot chocolate.

"Seniors and Drum Major don't change. You guys need to go to retreat," shouted Emrys.

"You shitting me?" asked Becky disdainfully.

"Nope."

"Great," sighed the senior and put her top back on.

"Right, the rest of you guys better finish eating because when you're done we're going to the stadium for retreat," announced Emrys again.

Everyone groaned and commanded, "Go away Emrys, you bring bad news," and resumed eating. He gave a sly grin and got off the bus.

"Well, I'm done so I'll be making my way to the stadium," said Jenny, and left.

Later, everyone finished their lunch and joined Jenny at the stadium. The last band finished performing, and then they marched off while the drum majors for division `A' took over the field.

Suddenly, a low gruff voice filled the football field, "IN THE INDEPENDENCE DIVISION, DIVISION `A' IN FIFTY PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 85. . . BURLINGTON CITY. IN FURTH PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 87. . . SENACA. IN THIRD PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 88.72. . . PITMAN. IN SECOND PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 90.81. . . KINGSWAY REGIONIAL. FINALLY, IN FIRST PLACE WITH A SCORE OF 93. . . THE EVER FAMOUS GLOUCESTER HIGH.

The suspense was over, Gloucester finally manage to beat Kingsway after many years of hard work. The Gloucester band cheered, and cheered, and cheered until the low gruff voice continued again, "DUE TO MINOR DIFFICULTY THE SPECIAL AWARDS WILL NOT BE ANNOUNCED, HOWEVER, THE AWARDS WILL BE SENT TO THE DIRECTORS ONCE THE ERROR IS FIXED."

"Come on people back to the bus," roared Mr. Kinsey. "We're leaving now because performances will continue until midnight, and I don't think we're staying this late."

There was an awkward silence besides the footsteps that followed the director's. Not too long late the whole crew was on the bus getting comfortable. Everyone was mostly asleep by the time the bus left, like Jenny who was curled comfortably around the heater seat trying to stay warm or like Dal who was sitting on top of the heater seat sleeping soundly. However, there were a few exceptional. Kelli is currently sitting on Muller's lap while Kagome and Sesshoumaru are watching the moon dance on the treetops.

Qua-chan484: -whacks EvilFire4321 on the head- why haven't I been showing up for five chapters.

EvilFire4321: Um, ah, I forgot, and, and, I only wrote three out of five of the chapters that you weren't in.

Qua-chan484: Then who wrote the other two?

Lildrummergrl58: Don't kill me! -Hides behind EvilFire4321-

EvilFire4321: Um, ah, yeah, while Qua-chan484 is in the state of fury, please review, this is the last chapter, but there is a possibility for a sequel.