InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha the Musical ❯ Part of That World ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Haha! This chapter cracks me up. Probably because Inuyasha's singing it and Ariel sang it first. Anyway. On with the song:
 
X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
 
Inuyasha the Musical
 
Chapter 19
 
Part of that World
 
 
 
Inuyasha: Yeah, I've got powers. It's not really that cool. With my complaints, you'd think I was a fool wishing I had so much more. I don't wanna be a hanyou…
 
Look at these claws, look at my fangs…with youkai blood flowing in my veins, seeing me you wouldn't think `Half-Breed. He's an outcast…'
 
I've got friends who will always stick with me. I've got power enough to survive. You want cool powers? I've got 4! But who cares? No big deal…I want more!
 
I wanna be like the youkai are. I wanna be, wanna be accepted. No more protection from…Daddy's sword. Without the jewel I can't get that far...I need it more than I ever thought I'd need anything in life...before.
 
Where I will live, where I will thrive, where I'll be happy just to be alive…Full-blooded me. Wish I could be part of that world!
 
Oh what I'd do if I could prove I was one worthy. Oh what I'd pay to spend my days human-blood free.
 
Bet that youkai don't ever die...bet they don't find their life much harder.
 
Lonely half-breeds...Sick of rosaries...Ready to fight!
 
I'm ready to live like the youkai live. Show off my powers and get some honor! Being that way I could...Gaa - I don't even know now...Breathe!
 
When's it my turn? Wouldn't I love, love to be human blood rid of!...
 
Powerful me!
 
Longing to be!
 
Part of that world!
 
X-X-X-X-X-X
 
"Inuyasha?"
 
The hanyou turned from his thoughts. "Huh? Hey, Kagome what is it?"
 
"You don't..." she hesitated. "Do you still want to become a full demon?"
 
He smirked. "Of course! Why do you think I want to shards of the Shikon Jewel?"
 
"Oh..." She looked a bit disappointed. After all this time with us...and he still isn't happy with who he is?
 
Can't you see, Inuyasha? We like you the way you are. You don't need to change.
 
"Why? What's wrong, Kagome?"
 
"Will you wait, then?"
 
"Wait? What for!"
 
"Until after I'm gone."
 
"Gone? What are you talking about?"
 
Kagome nearly started crying... "Inuyasha...I can't stay here if you are going to become a full demon! I can't! Who knows what you'll be like. I want to remember you for who you are now! YOU are who I come back
 
here every time to see. I like you just the way you are. So if you are going to insist on changing, then at least wait until I'm gone."
 
That stumped him. Gone? Is she really planning on not returning after the Jewel Shards are collected?
 
Kagome turned to leave. "Do as you want, Inuyasha. Don't let me stand in your way."
 
He watched her leave his sight. He felt like an idiot.
 
X-X-X-X-X-X
 
Inuyasha: What would I give to keep you here with me...
 
What would I pay to stay here beside you...
 
What would I give to see you smiling at me...
 
If I transform, what about you? What would I do if I ever hurt you...
 
With Kagome...
 
And I would stay
 
Part of this world.
 
X-X-X-X-X-X-X
 
"Oh!" Kagome said, running back to him. "Inuyasha?"
 
"Hm?"
 
"The ramen's ready," she said smiling.
 
He smiled back.
 
X-X-X-X-X-X-X
 
Inuyasha: I don't know when...
 
Kagome: I don't know how...
 
Both: But I know something's starting right now...
 
Kagome: Watch and you'll see.
 
Inuyasha: I'll always be...
 
Both: Part of this -- World!
 
 
 
 
 
X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
 
A/N: Okay…so that turned out much more adorable than I ever thought it would.