InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha the Musical ❯ Reflection ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode 109: Hidden in the Mist: Onward to Mt. Hakurei
 
A/N: I thought this idea was actually quite a good one. I pictured Kagome and Kikyo seeing each other's positions as the way they actually feel sometimes: Kagome so close to Inuyasha, and Kikyo so far away. But here, as they look at each other as two people that initially shared the same soul, it's kind of like seeing their soul's reflection as they see the other person act how they feel. Kinda weird, but it made a lot of cool sense in my head.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha the Musical
 
Chapter 15
 
Reflection
 
 
 
There she was again. Her and Inuyasha. Kagome sighed, Why had she suggested how to save the dead girl? Why did she help Kikyo every time she seemed to be in danger? She was supposed to hate the girl? Right?
 
No.
 
She knew why she did it. She couldn't stand seeing Inuyasha unhappy. No matter how she felt, she felt it her responsibility to keep someone so dear to him from death, regardless of Kikyo's dead condition anyway. She looked over at them again. Kikyo was lying against a tree, the souls finally re-entering her body. Inuyasha was knelt next to her, eyes filled with concern. Kagome looked away again, holding back her tears.
 
Inuyasha…Do you still…?
 
~
 
Kagome: Look at me. I will never pass for his perfect girl, or the perfect priestess. Can it be I'm not meant to play this part? Now I see that if I were to make him happy I would break my own heart.
 
[Kikyo looks up at her reincarnation, making and holding eye contact.]
 
Kagome: Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me? Why is this reflection someone I don't know?? Somehow I cannot hide how I feel, though I've tried. When will that reflection show him with me instead…
 
[Kikyo takes notice of Kagome's thoughts through her face and eyes.]
 
Kikyo: Look at me. I will never be someone quite like her, ever again. I am dead, and I know this life's not real. Now I see, that as long as I remain here, I will break this young girl's heart… But who is that girl they say is my soul reincarnate, why does this reflection show how I feel now. Somehow I cannot hide my own fate, though I've tried. Does my reincarnation share how I feel inside…
 
Kagome and Kikyo: Why does this reflection show how I feel inside?
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*